Start by marking “Transcending Darkness” as Want to Read:
Transcending Darkness

Transcending Darkness

4.12  ·  Rating Details ·  3,572 Ratings  ·  324 Reviews
One: Sign the contract.

Juliette Romero had a debt to pay, a debt that wasn’t even hers. But it was the only way to keep her family safe and all she had to do was sell her body and soul to the devil.

Killian McClary wasn’t called the Scarlet Wolf for nothing. He’d been the head of the McClary Organization since he was fifteen and had built a reputation for being a ruthless s
Published July 27th 2015 by Airicka Pheonix

To ask other readers questions about Transcending Darkness, please sign up.

Airicka Phoenix Transcending Darkness is set to be released July 27th! ^_^

Khadidja
Jan 05, 2016 Khadidja rated it really liked it
One: Sign the contract.
Two: Become his for a year.
Three: Don't fall in love.

Juliette Romero has to pay her father's debt and to do that she must forsake her body or her younger sister will suffer, Killian McClary AKA "the Scarlet Wolf" the head of the McClary Organization,he's a ruthless son of a bitch, merciless when it came to punishing those who betray him. He didn’t believe in weaknesses. When juliette fails to collecte money for the mobster"Arlo" the man who wons her father money, Arlo pre
Carissa
Aug 12, 2015 Carissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s-2015

Killian McClary, head of the McClary Organization has seen his fair share of death in his lifetime. Learning quickly, that those he loves and those closest to him will soon enough become his liability. He knows to keep everyone at arms length. Especially anyone of his conquests. It's only ever sex. One night, no sleep overs. Pleasure and pain, and life goes on. Until Juliette.

Juliette Romero has a debt to pay off. A debt incurred by her drunken, gambling father. In order to pay off the debt,
Michelle
3.5 Stars
This was my first book by Airicka Phoenix and it was a long one. I loved the beginning very much. The middle dragged a bit and the ending picked up but I was dissatisfied with how it all played out.

Juliette's parents are both gone. After her mother dies her father turns to drinking and gambling and later he also dies. He's left a ton of debt behind that falls on Juliette. She works three jobs and barely gets any sleep. She also has to take care of her spoiled 16 year old sister who is
Cyndi
Sep 07, 2015 Cyndi rated it liked it
Shelves: safe
I really enjoyed this book! The steamy times were very steamy, the suspense portions were well done, and the evolving romance was a lot of fun to read. Killian was a hot alpha male and he really fell hard for Juliet. She was a strong woman and she fell equally hard for Killian. I appreciated that they were both celibate during their separation and I loved that we got to see them in the future. The things that bothered me probably wouldn't bother anyone else! I didn't like that we heard too many ...more
Ansu
Sep 06, 2015 Ansu rated it really liked it
This book was a solid 5* read for me until the end.

We are reading a book that very clearly says that Killian is "a ruthless son of a bitch when it came to running the city’s underbelly, not to mention merciless when it came to punishing those who betray him. He didn’t believe in weaknesses".

So we as readers are prepared to read about violence and some bloodshed, if we are not ready for this, then books about crime, violence and bloodshed should be skipped.

So why do authors keep turning the hero
Saunders
Jun 29, 2015 Saunders rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015, captive
The blurb:

One: Sign the contract.

Juliette Romero - to keep her sister safe she had to pay her fathers debt (familiar plot) so she had to pay or sell her soul to the devil.

Killian McClary - known as the Scarlet Wolf and head of the McClary Organization since he was fifteen. He had a reputation for being a ruthless son of a bitch when it came to dishing out punishment for those who crossed him. Weakness was not part of his vocabulary - only results.

Two: Become his for a year.

When given the choice
Kelly
DNF @ 40 percent

I just couldn't get into it. I really tried, the writing was really good, the story started really good, and then it just went down hill for me.
This story was suppose to be about the mob, scary men, contracts, alpha men, etc. It just felt blah. For me this was more of a sweet romance story.

Juliette is a poor woman whos father racked up a huge debt to a mob boss. Father dies and now its on Juliettes shoulders to pay it off. For seven years shes been working 3 jobs, not getting an
Deborah
Nov 20, 2015 Deborah rated it liked it

Mixed feelings on this one.

I read the blurb for this book a while ago and I'm not sure why but I didn't check the reviews, this is very unusual for me but I'd just finished a series and it was taking me awhile to settle on another book so once I'd got several pages in I was determined I was sticking this out till the end, although I didn't realise it was 600 pages long at the time.
I apologise now because I have a feeling this review is going to be all over the place because it's going to be diff
Cristina
I'm going to have to get back to this as I didn't finish it.
So far I don't like it.
Snow
Sep 25, 2015 Snow rated it liked it

oh, yeah, this is a first, I don't know how to rate this...

my first reaction was just one words actually: UFFF!!!

now most of you would say WTF to that and you would be dead wrong...cause my UFFF really means a whole lotta different stuff, but most of all it means relief...

this was quite a bit unusual, I had a feeling the story went backwords...you know, first doing it big than claiming the bits of it...

and I need to think a little bit more...so I will continue this half review later

October, 10t
Three Chicks
Sep 01, 2015 Three Chicks rated it really liked it
4.5 Fantastic Stars!

Review by Lisa Kane
"You're the one thing I need to keep away from if I am to keep fighting. You make me weak and weak men die."

This is one lengthy, complex story. It's dark and tormented and multi layered. Juliette Romero has the weight of the world on her shoulders. Her parents are both dead and she is the sole guardian for her younger sister, Viola. Vi as she is known, is headstrong, rebellious and slightly out of control. But that is the least of Juliette's problems. Her f
Emily
Juliette Romero is living a life circling hell, her dead fathers debt is never going to end, she is raising her sister, and the three jobs she has are running her ragged. Everything comes to a head when the loan shark she has been making payments to gives her 24 hours to either produce her younger sister or pay up. Juliette knows there is no way she will let her sixteen year old sister be offered to the sleazy man, she comes up with another plan that has herself spending one night with Killian M ...more
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
Mr. Scarlet Wolf, I'd love to be your lamb!!! Lol This book was amazing. Rich, with multidimensional characters and a very unique plot.
I love the author's work but I think this is her best book so far.
Juliette is trying her hardest to protect her sister, support her and pay off her father's huge debt to Arlo Cruz. Working three jobs and no time for herself, she finds herself at crossroads.
When she falls behind in paying the monthly debt, she finds herself at Arlo's mercy.
Killian McClary wants
Erika
Sep 07, 2015 Erika marked it as not-for-me-or-passing-for-now
I am gonna pass on this one right now. It sounds like there are lots of very romantic, sweet and sexy moments, but I know myself. I always think I can handle triggers, but typically once I get there, I really can't!

Triggers for me:

(view spoiler)
Victoria
Sep 07, 2015 Victoria rated it really liked it
4.25+ RATING- I'm on the fence about my rating...The book wasn't perfect but I enjoyed the hell out of it. It pulled my in from the beginning, the writing was good, and the steamy bits were well done and sexy. I'm not sure I loved the last quarter of the book as much as the rest of the story though. I'd definitely read more from this author and recommend this book.
Athena
Sep 29, 2015 Athena added it
Shelves: dnf
I am so totally not in with the masses on this one...It was a DNF so I can't in all honesty rate it. I did not feel that the characters had a connection and up until 46% all they ever did was have sex and I mean 9 or 10 pages of way too much details and not enough talking. It reminded me somewhat of FSOG with the contract and the eating and the dressing and of course Juliette fought Killian at every turn.
Jos
Sep 20, 2015 Jos rated it really liked it
4-4.5 Stars Be Warned: Slight Spoilers Ahead, Read with Caution

I read this last night and finished today and I can honestly say that I really loved it. I LOVED Killian and yes, I did love Juliette too. I would be curious to see if maybe Vi will get her own story later on, wink, wink, I would love to read it:) OK, now getting back to this book.

As much as I loved this book there were a couple of things that made me deduct some points and these are strictly my own personal feelings so here goes: F
Bethyboo ღ The Book Addict ღ

This has become one of my favorites books. Don't think I've ever loved all the characters in a book as much as I love these. Juliette and killian are both perfect. Killian is hot and sexy and just imagining his Irish accent (which in my opinion is the hottest accent on the planet) made me all giddy inside. Juliette is just a hoot. She's funny and strong and witty. I laughed myself to tears at times.

Even the secondary characters were amazing. Vi and Mar were hilarious. Yeah Vi was a spoiled brat
Astraycat
3·5 stars. A SAFE READ with a mob boss H and a poor h, who worked three jobs to pay her late father's debts while raise her little sister.

I liked the excitement and uncertainties between H and h's relationship, and the danger I knew would come sooner or later due to H's career.

It was sad to read how H's parents were murdered, no wonder he had to become who he is now.

I just couldn't forget the similar feelings when read certain parts of this story though, esp the contract H gave h, couldn't help
Elif
Mar 26, 2016 Elif rated it really liked it
Shelves: top-alpha-males
I absolutely liked this book! It was too good not to say something. The book flowed so smoothly from beginning to end. It was really hard to put down which lead to a late night of reading. Killian was an absolute dream. He's a mixture of a control freak and a highly intense, sexy lover.. He was one that loved and loved hard. Juliette was a wonderful heroine. She was beautiful, smart, strong and feisty. She was definitely a fighter.
Their story will have you laughing, crying and frustrated at time
Sarah Armstrong
Sep 04, 2015 Sarah Armstrong rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Epic story 5+ stars.

Words can't express how much I loved this book. Full of romance and suspense. This book is over 500 pages. Do not hesitate to purchase!!!
Rochelle
Sep 08, 2015 Rochelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Phenomenal book. Has a bit of everything. I felt so bad for Killian the whole book. Really loved the dark Alpha.
Expresso
This story held such promise! The first 20% of the book has more mafia action than a few full length novels I've read recently The main characters names held such promise for pure decadence.....Juliette and Killian. Wow! Such passionate names! After reading this story, I believe the author could have developed the characters better. It would have made a difference in the end I think.

Juliette is given to Killan to pay a debt. Their initial night together....whew! Hot, hot, and more hot! Juliette
Jenny
Hot damn! What a doozy!!!!!! This took a while to read (close to 600 pages!!) but it was soooooooooooooooooooooo worth it! Loved everything about the story - the contract, the plot, the secrets, the love, the lust, the blazing hot sex, the ENDING!!

My only issue - too much detailing of rooms (sigh). I felt like the story could've been told in 350 pages tops.

But, all in all, this was my first and won't be my last book of Airicka Phoenix!!!
Sania
I was pleasantly surprised by the book. I liked both Killian and Juliette, though they had their faults they were both aware of them. I was also really surprised with the ending of the story, It's really quite rare for that to happen. Safety Gang : (view spoiler)
Janelle
Oct 02, 2015 Janelle rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down! the suspense was awesome. I may or may not have read it at work because I needed to know what happened next...
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks

I REALLY REALLY liked this story!
It got me hooked from page one. It's electrifying, full of action and with a sexy bad Irishman and a spunky heroine.

I DEFINITELY recommend it!!!
  • What Tomorrow May Bring
  • Angelblood (Dark Angel, #4)
  • Walking Dead Girl (Vampireland, #1)
  • Zero Hour (Gypsy Brothers, #8)
  • Redemptive (Combative, #2)
  • The Struggle (The Things We Can't Change, #2)
  • Ethan (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #0.5)
  • Zora and Nicky
  • Bloodlust & Initiation (Vampire Beach, #1-2)
  • Patch Up (Patch Up, #1)
  • Feudlings (Fate on Fire, #1)
  • Before Hadley
  • Before I Break (If I Break, #1.5)
  • Descent (Hidden Wings, #0.5)
  • Madeleine Abducted (The Estate, #1)
  • All Blues (All, #3.5)
Airicka is a prolific, a multi genre author who writes young adult, new adult, and adult contemporary and paranormal romance.

For more about Airicka and where to find her, follow & join her on:

Like fun freebies & exclusive news?
★ NEWSLETTER → http://bit.ly/2gRV0e3
Like games & giveaways?
☆ FACEBOOK → http://bit.ly/2hqScFG
Want somewhere to chat & enter exclusive giveaways?
★ FAN PAGE
More about Airicka Phoenix...

“Damn it, Juliette. Stop.”
Panting and dizzy, she stared at him. “What?”
He nipped at her lip with his teeth, hard enough to make her whimper and reach for him.
“Whatever the hell it is you’re doing to me.”
7 likes
“He knew he should be focusing on her, on comforting her, but he was drowning in her instead.” 5 likes