Start by marking “Keep Me Ghosted (Sophie Rhodes Ghostly Romance #1)” as Want to Read:
Keep Me Ghosted (Sophie Rhodes Ghostly Romance #1)

Keep Me Ghosted

(Sophie Rhodes Ghostly Romance #1)

Ghosts. Do you Believe?

Sophie Rhodes doesn't have a choice. She's surrounded by them.

Desperate to pay the bills, 29-year-old Sophie ignores the advice of her stuffy spirit-friend, Marmaduke Dodsworth, and takes a job with the handsome Dr. Callahan, an optometrist with a desperate situation of his own. The good doctor's problem? He has a spirit-friend as well: one with a fi
Published March 25th 2013 by Boundless

To ask other readers questions about Keep Me Ghosted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keep Me Ghosted

Megan (The Book Babe)
Other reviews at The Book Babe's Reads.

Due to copy and paste, formatting has been lost.

I was expecting Keep Me Ghosted to be a fun romp of a read...I was disappointed by that. It was fun sometimes, but it was mostly bogged down by a weirdly paced plot. Some parts were really slow...the first 73%, I wasn't sure if anything was ever going to really happen. But after that point, it seemed like everything just dropped out of the sky-- the pacing went from really slow to extremely fast all at once.

Ju
Lesley
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
For someone that's not really into paranormal, I actually enjoyed this story!! Sophie Rhodes is in desparate need of a job and gets hired by Dr. Callahan (aka Cal) as a receptionist for his optometry office. Sophie's best friend is a ghost named Marmaduke (Marmi for short)> Marmi is a British bloke from a hundred years ago or so and he definitely is a riot as he offers Sophie advice. Dr. Callahan has his own ghost, MoonFlower, and she is a very jealous ghost - any female that Cal comes into c ...more
Sa
May 22, 2017 rated it it was ok

Did I want the HANKY-PANKY?Of course I wanted the HANKY PANKY!I wanted the HANKY PANKY so badly.

description

*spoilers*

This book was going well for me.I adored Marmaduke.He's feisty and swoon-worthy and eloquent and a huuuge softie.Sophie was alright until it's revealed that she had a past affair with a married man.I liked her less but still read on.The mystery is simple and pretty bland.The romance was as uninspiring as mud water but Cal *seemed* okay enough but guess WHAT?

HE'S MARRIED TOO!

And guess what el
Nola Arganbright
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Ghostly Experience

Fun! Exciting! Great plot and subplots with this cozy. The primary characters are fun and well developed as are many of the secondary characters. The flow of the story was smooth making this a fast and good read.
Love Reading Romance
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sophie's been dumped and she's broke, so she could really use the job she's interviewing for at Dr. Callahan's optometry office. It comes with some perks, namely a sexy boss, but there's also the downside of a ghost haunting the place, who wants nothing more than to see Sophie gone.

This story is fun from start to finish. Sophie is a hoot and Dr. Callahan is completely adorable. I love that they are both hopeless in their own ways, for example Sophie constantly talking to her pets as though they'
Amanda Damiao
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very sweet and funny. A very light reading which I really loved and read it pretty fast!
Vykki
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fun
This book kept me cracked up it was a delightful read. The character were great especially the ghost Marmi. I was please everything worked in the end.
Jenn : Godzilla is King
A new kind of ghost story

This was more of a cute story rather than a humorous story. I did like Marmaduke though, he was a nice ghost friend.
Jae
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ever since she was a girl, Sophie has been able to see ghosts. Currently, her bff is a proper and stuffy English gent named Marmaduke Dodsworth. In desperate need of a job, Sophie applies at the office of optometrist Dr Callahan. Little does she know, he's equally desperate for the help. It seems the good doctor also has a ghost, but his is a malicious, jealous entity who calls herself Moonflower. He hires Sophie on the spot, and she sets about setting his office to rights.

It doesn't take Sophi
Debbie
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
My first time reading this author and looking forward to reading more.
JILL Kaye
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute story with twists and turns. A little intrigue, a little romance, light summer read that I really enjoyed!
Captivated Books
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully delightful

This book was entertaining from Begginings to end. It was funny and unique. A completely adorable tale. I could hardly put it down once I started.
Michelle
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Good book

You people should just read this book yourselves and write your own review on this novel yourself and I really enjoyed reading this book very much so. Shelley MA
Julie
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute, with a good message at the end.
Michele Lacroix
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, ebook
mischievous ghosts and angry ghosts, Sophie just can't win. After being dumped, by her boyfriend Sophie takes a job as a receptionist in an office with a angry ghost.
DiAnne
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this read and the characters were very entertaining, especially Marmi. If I had a ghost friend I would definitely want him to be like Marmi.
Gaele
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
AudioBook Review:
Stars: Overall 4 Narration 5 Story 3
When an audiobook starts with the heroine complaining about her companion Marmaduke, and you aren’t 100% sure that said companion is human or dog, it’s a winner. And, for the unaware, Marmaduke is former human, now ghostly companion of the heroine in this story, Sophie.

And Sophie is having a rather trying time of things. She is desperately seeking employment, and the interview for the receptionist’s position at the doctor’s office is not goi
April
Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

A delightful listen. While at first blush it seems a fluffy chick-lit, there is a really engaging story here! I really liked all the characters. They were fun and quirky, my favorite sort!

Sophie is a delight, she is the sort of character that your like immediately. Her interactions with her ghost Marmaduke is fascinating. It is an interesting dynamic that flows throughout the books.

Cal is easy to like, even when he has a moment where you t
Karen
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal-all, humor
This was a light and easy read that flew by because the characters were fun and made me want to find out about them. The story was simple and yet still pulled me in with a mystery and ghosts who refused to leave. I read this in the course of a few hours and felt satisfied at the end that everything was as it should be. The characters were well defined and there was a feeling of seriousness but it had a light touch with a nice romance, even if it happened a bit quickly. Things progressed at a rat ...more
Vânia Nunes
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Vânia by: NetGalley
A novel suitable for you who like simple, direct and fun stories.
Sophie is independent, live alone ... Oops! I told she lives alone? Not so much.
Sophie actually has a little different talent: she sees and talks to ghosts. And there's one in particular, a British who dresses like a gentleman of 20's, loves to talk tough (a lot!) And not leave her alone.

Marmaduke is a kind!
His living way, everything must to be right, almost drives Sophie's crazy, but actually, he is a great company and he's over p
Linda
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have read several of Ms. Cantwell’s books, the Barbara Marr Murder Mystery series is one of my favorites. When I heard she was writing a ghost story I was pleased to see her branching out into the paranormal; one of my favorite genres. She has an easy-going style to her writing that makes it a pleasure to read.

I dearly loved Marmaduke. He is such an English gentleman, and I think the author pulled off his verbose English dialect quite well. I found Sophie and Marmaduke’s dialogue thoroughly en
411Junkie
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I'm not quite sure what exactly it is about this story, but I really, really, really enjoyed it. (You see that? Three reallys)

Firstly, I love the story. It's about this gal, Sophie, who has a ghostly friend, Marmaduke. She finds a job at this optometry practice and finds out her boss has a ghostly friend of his own. There's a bit of mystery involved and a support group of individuals who have 'ghostly friends.' Overall, it's a fun story. A bit of the paranormal, a bit of mystery, a bit of romanc
Debra Martin
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm a fan Ms. Cantwell and absolutely love her Barbara Marr series so I was excited to read this book. What a treat! KEEP ME GHOSTED is a delightful ghost story. Sophie is desperate for a job so when she is hired by Dr. Callahan, an Developmental Optometry & Vision Therapy doctor, she is thrilled. It seemed like a great fit until she finds out that Cal has an unhappy ghost shadowing him. Moonflower has attached herself to the good doctor and doesn't like other women. Ghosts don't bother Soph ...more
Brea Brown
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Paranormal romance is NOT my usual favorite genre. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure what drew me to this book (it was probably the purple cover, if I'm being honest... I'm pathetically shallow like that when it comes to book covers). In any case, I downloaded it and started reading the first page. And... couldn't stop. I was yanked into this world and didn't want to leave. I stayed up way past my bedtime many nights and risked being late to work in the morning and after lunch breaks, because I ...more
Cathleen
Jul 21, 2013 rated it liked it
"Keep ME Ghosted" by Karen Cantwell is an amusing read. It is very funny and made me laugh out loud several times.

Sophie replies to a help wanted ad for a receptionist at the offices of Dr. Callahan. Sophie also has a ghost friend, Marmaduke Dodsworth. He is as british as they come. What she doesn't expect to discover is that Dr. Callahan also has a ghost in his life. His ghost is not so friendly, Moonflower is possessive, angry and has tantrums.

My favorite scene in the book is when Sophie show
Lynne Cantwell
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Keep Me Ghosted (Sophie Rhodes Romantic Comedy) - Karen Cantwell Come on -- with a last name like that, I had to read at least one of her books. (To be clear, I've never met Karen Cantwell, and as far as I know, I'm not related to her.)Sophie Rhodes is a young woman with a problem. For starters, she needs a job. But besides that, she's haunted -- by a veddy British gentleman ghost named Marmaduke Dodsworth. Marmi has been known to get her into scrapes in the past. But in this particular instance ...more
Ronique
Jul 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Sophie is a your average unemployed woman looking for a break in life when she applies to work for optometrist Dr. Callahan. These two young bucks instantly know their meeting is kismet because they both realize, at first glance, that they each have ghost companions! Sophie's spirit is Marmaduke and Cal's spirit is Moonflower, who is uhm...complicated.

This book was super cute. I liked Sophie and her ghost companion Marmaduke. There were a lot of elements about this story that I liked and became
Sandra Lopez
Oct 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Sophie Rhodes has a spirit friend A.K.A. a ghost on her shoulder. She goes to a job interview and realizes her new boss has one too. So they both have ghosts? Initially, I thought this was a lame concept. Talking to ghosts? C’mon! Although it would be cool to walk through walls.

I thought Sophie was more of a psychic. Was she? And why was it that she and Dr. Callahan can see and talk to ghosts?
I honestly expected more of a psychic mystery. Well, Sophie’s no psychic, but there’s definitely a mys
Shirley
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received Keep Me Ghosted in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Well, this one was just plain cute. There’s just no other way to describe it.

Sophie was funny, witty, smart and kind of quirky. That fit very well with her situation. Her best friend was a ghost and Marmaduke was just as much fun as Sophie was.

Dr. Callahan was charming, a little geeky and just as witty and smart as Sophie. I loved this couple. The romance was light, but that was part of this book’s charm.

I also loved the pre
Denise Zendel
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
Sophie Rhodes is a struggling almost 30-year old with a spotty work record, spottier track record with men and a "veddy proper" British ghost companion who gives her lots of unwanted advice. She's desperate to pay her bills, so takes a job as a receptionist with the hot Dr. Callahan, who has spirit problems of his own.

This is more of a romance dressed in mystery clothing than an actual mystery - but, d'oh, I should have know that by the "ghostly romance" tag on the cover. Interesting premise, t
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Create series "Sophie Rhodes Ghostly Romance" 2 151 Jun 20, 2013 05:26PM

• A Girl, A Guy and A Ghost
  • The Ghost Pirate's Treasure: Mystery of the Jaguar Warrior (Paranormally Yours, #1)
  • Goons 'n' Roses (Chanel, #2)
  • The Frog Prince
  • Love After Death (Jolie Blonde #3)
  • How (Not) to Kiss a Toad (Cindy Eller, #1)
  • Dark Rapture (Beautiful Creatures, #1)
  • Digging Up Death (Mari Duggins Mystery, #1)
  • Heart Robber (Lifestyle by Design, #2)
  • License to Thrill
  • Slay Belles (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #7.5)
  • Always on the Run (Always the Bridesmaid, #2)
  • Dead Case in Deadwood (Deadwood, #3)
  • Phantom in Time
  • Baking Bree
  • Memories of Murder
  • Easy Bake Coven (Easy Bake Coven, #1)
  • The Third Son (Kings of Cardenas, #1)
Karen's novel, Take the Monkeys and Run was a semi-finalist in the 2009 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest (under the original title of Monkeys in My Trees)and has gone on to be a Kindle bestseller on Amazon. She has written three more books in the Barbara Marr Murder Mystery Series: Citizen Insane, Silenced by the Yams, and Saturday Night Cleaver.

When she's not writing, Karen loves gardening

Sophie Rhodes Ghostly Romance (2 books)
  • Some Like it Haunted (A Sophie Rhodes Romantic Comedy Book 2)