Start by marking “Marvel Super Heroes Storybook Collection” as Want to Read:
Marvel Super Heroes Storybook Collection

Marvel Super Heroes Storybook Collection

Super Heroes lead very exciting lives protecting innocent people from cunning villains. They also face many challenges as they try to live both their real life and the life of a Super Hero. But how did they get these super powers? These folks weren't always mighty crime fighters. The Origin Storybook tells the history of how these Marvel characters became famed Super Heroe ...more
Published September 3rd 2013 by Marvel Press

To ask other readers questions about Marvel Super Heroes Storybook Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marvel Super Heroes Storybook Collection

Shira
Oct 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Christopher
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Marvel Super Heroes Storybook Collection is an anthology of twenty short children's stories (penned by various writers such as Tomas Palacios, Clarissa Wong, Alison Lowenstein, Scott Peterson, etc.), each of which offers a superhero's (or group's) origin story. Superheroes included in the collection are Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Daredevil, and so forth, but something that I really appreciate about this book is that it also tells the origin stories of some slightly more obscure ...more
Stephen Snyder
If your child is a Marvel superheroes fan, this is the book for him or her. This wonderfully condensed versions of many of Marvel Comic's superheroes and superhero teams will have your youngster wanting to read more, which is over half of the academic battle. This book is available at the Franklin Public Library.

Thank you for the loan Franklin Public Library!
Michael Beyer
May 15, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a very good book for young readers. It has large, colorful illustrations, simplified stories, and vocabulary that will help young second and third grade readers to advance in their reading skills. As a teacher of reading I was always looking for high-interest, easy-to-read book to appeal to kids who were reading below grade level.
Michael
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
The artwork is generally quite good. The stories rarely rise above perfunctory.

My kids enjoy learning all these characters' origins, but the writing is so bland that I have a hard time imagining that this will stick with them.
Brandon
Mar 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
I love Marvel super heroes, and it was great to be able to share all of these great origin stories with my daughter, but the writing is terrible. It's so simplistic in format, grammar, and word choice. And not just in a made-for-kids way--the other Disney books that share this format and publisher are comparatively richer in language and read more like stories and less like a factual timeline.

It's still one of the best Marvel primers for younger audiences, though, so I'll keep reading it to my k
Rosa Cline
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids, 2016, 2017, 2018
This is a really great book for anyone that likes superheroes. It has all the stories of 'how' the superheroes came to be and all the groups of super heroes too! Some super heroes that my children and I had never heard of either in there. Short stories not hard to read. My special needs teen age son got this book for Christmas and we just finished reading it. I won't be surprised if he wants to re read it again and again! And it's written so well I won't mind rereading it for him.
Christine
I bought this book for Liam last Friday and he is enthralled by it! He sits and looks at the pictures for tens of minutes (which is a long time for a four year old). And it's all he's wanted to read before naps and bedtime since he got it. It features the origin stories of his favorite superheroes. Age appropriate lack of violent images. Each story is a good length for a bedtime story. Cool silver fore edge detailing. Overall awesome for the Dude.
Michelle Heegaard
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very cute small stories about the best of the best; spiderman, Thor, Captain America, x-men, wolverine and so on. I truly enjoyed it and I imagine this would be a great introduction for all of the smaller kids that aren't quite old enough for the comics.
The stories are simplified and more innocent than the one in the comics. So parents; you can without any worry sit down with your little tumblers and introduce them to the marvelous world of Marvel (see what I did there?)
Heather
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
These somewhat watered down Super Hero stories and illustrations have entertained my 4 year old for HOURS. And now I have some context and answers for his endless questions about super heroes! :) I probably would have preferred to wait to read this until he was a little older, but these stories are a good introduction to the Marvel super heroes and include good values where possible.
Megan
Mar 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-books
My children are really enjoying this book; it is captivating to both the 4 and the 8 year old. As a non-superhero person, it is just OK. I am a little interested to find out about the lesser know characters like "She-hulk" or "Ant-man"
Lori
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
A very quick, helpful, informative and interesting read about the origins of these Marvel Super Heroes. X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic Four, etc.
Aidyle
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My bgc bigs kids were mesmerized when I read one of the stories here for my spring break program. All were attuned and brought up great questions and discussion thereafter!
Sarah H
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's a great way to simplify the stories and "kidify" them, if you know what I mean. The eight year old I babysit LOVES this book.
Ryan
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Daddy read me 1 story a night until finished. 20 stories included.
Randye
Mar 09, 2015 rated it liked it
I learned a lot of super heroes names
Yotam
  • The Lion and the Little Red Bird
  • Polkabats and Octopus Slacks: 14 Stories
  • Captain America: Man Out of Time
  • Avengers: Under Siege
Marvel Publishing, Inc., commonly referred to as Marvel Comics, is an American company that publishes comic books and related media. Marvel Entertainment, Inc., a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, owns Marvel Publishing (since 2009).

Marvel counts among its characters such well-known properties as Spider-Man, Iron Man, the X-Men, Wolverine, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Captain America, Darede