Start by marking “Shark Tank Jump Start Your Business: How to Launch and Grow a Business from Concept to Cash” as Want to Read:

From the ABC hit show "Shark Tank," this book-filled with practical advice and introductions from the Sharks themselves-will be the ultimate resource for anyone thinking about starting a business or growing the one they have. Full of tips for navigating the confusing world of entrepreneurship, the book will intersperse words of wisdom with inspirational stories from the ...more
Published November 5th 2013 by Kingswell

To ask other readers questions about Shark Tank Jump Start Your Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shark Tank Jump Start Your Business

Start your review of Shark Tank Jump Start Your Business: How to Launch and Grow a Business from Concept to Cash
R.K. Gold
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wish I could give it a 3.5 but it was closer to a 4 than a 3. Most of this book is relatively basic knowledge but since its intended audience is probably new/prospective business owners and not veterans it shouldn't be punished for that. What I really liked about this book was the format. It was clearly organized and broken down to deliberate subsections for the reader making it easy to put down and pick up on the go for a busy person. It also moved in a linear direction from concept to sale ...more
Tim Jin
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm a fan of the show. I believe that Shark Tank is an American version of Dragons' Den in the UK. I haven't watched the UK version in many years since it is no longer on BBC. I'm not here to compare which version of the show is better, but I am reviewing the audiobook of "Shark Tank Jump Start Your Business."

This is a good book on how to start a business, get funding, and maintain your company. Having real insight from the entrepreneurs that host the show is very helpful in the new way of
Elizabeth
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Shark Tank Jump Start Your Business How to Launch and Grow a Business from concept to cash, written by Michael Parrish DuDell, Mark Cuban, Barbara Corcoran, Lori Greiner, Robert Herjavec, John Daymond, Kevin O’Leary. What a wonderful compass in navigating through communicational stricken generation of America, in hopes to develop a successful corporation. Shark Tank Jump Start Your Business…, is written as a motivation speech, providing information and experience to move readers to become
Sean R_C2
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finished a while ago, I've enjoyed reading this book, a self-help guide originating from ABC's show Shark Tank. This book first caught my eye as Shark Tank was promoting it on one of its episodes. At first, it didn't sound useful at all, as I wouldn't have to worry about this until I am in college. However, the more I started thinking about my thoughts at that time, the more I began to realize that it would be silly to neglect that piece of treasure that could be the biggest asset I would ever ...more
Stacy Handlin
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
quite boring really. I just read it because I am a fan of the show. People serious about the business might enjoy it more
Gregg
Aug 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: miss
Read Well! Distilling the Experience of the Entrepreneurs on Shark Tank. Good beginning material.
Nelson Wise
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would rate it 3.5
It’s pretty basic but I do think it’ll help out anyone new to the entrepreneurial world.
Ashley
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read about business!
Gabe Wood
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Way better jump start your business guide that I thought it would be. I thought it'd be all pop culture-esc. It was filled with good advice and sound knowledge.
Karol Cordero
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great book with a lot of interesting ideas to start, run and grow a business
Nick Barba
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a good source of general information and inspiration for entrepreneurs. It will be a great resource when I start a business one day.
Mitchell Butcher
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shark Tank Jump Start Your business by Michael Parrish Dudell was a great book. It’s all about how to have a successful business and how to run one. It also talks about if you should or shouldn’t and if it’s right for you.
The book starts out with if you should or shouldn’t become an entrepreneur. Then if you are, it then explains how to find the pacific type of people you will target. Then step by step it explains what you should do next to make and grow your business. The author did a great
Bob Wallner
Nov 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: strategy, audible
I would have given 3.5 if possible.

I wasn't sure what to think when I grabbed this free audiobook, I enjoy the TV show, but thought it was going to be an entertaining/in depth "interview with the sharks".

What I found was, whether you are an Entrepreneur or not, this book provides an introduction to general business practices. Much of what is contained in this book is what you find in introduction to business (Business 101) as an undergraduate.

The book covers most the basics of running a business
Cindy
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very helpful information. I will read it again as my journey continues...
Mona Ahmadi
Jan 16, 2014 rated it liked it
This is an OK book; if you want to start your own business/ have ideas/started already, it could be helpful. It basically talks about all the steps you need to take from partnership to picking a suitable name for your start-up. A lot of it, are the things you learn at business school, but it could be a good review. There is so much that happens when you think about having your own business that is impossible to learn from any books, even the brainstorming process. There is no significant model. ...more
Berry Boen
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Although many things mentioned are nothing new if you are a business graduate, it is still a very valuable book to serve as your checklist before / after jumping off to become an entrepreneur. Several quotes worth noting:

- Wake up before everybody else, go to bed after everybody else.
- We are always overconfident for the first year of sales, but not confident enough for the next ten.
- Outsource time wasters.
- In business, there is such thing as going to fast or going to soon.
- Plan for success,
Gil Bradshaw
Feb 24, 2014 rated it liked it
This is a great book for entrepreneurs. He covers everything. But the Shark Tank schtick was pretty lame. He basically took a good book about entrepreneurs and then he put "Shark Bites" into the book where he referenced the television show's entrepreneurs and discusses what they did right or wrong.

I would have liked much more in-depth biographies of the Sharks (to be fair, he does do a pretty good job of Mark Cuban and Ms. Corcoran) and a lot more quotes and excerpts from interviews he claims to
Jamie King
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
I've adjusted my review up to a 5 star because currently this seems to be the best introductory book for anyone looking to attempt a start up.

This book goes over so many aspects of projection and marketing while touching on key components of administration. It helps put into perspective the networks and competition around us to scale our interpretations properly.

A unique feature of the book are the little Shark bits/bites, tailes/tales and other wisdom where the Sharks' personally communicates
Chad
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
I've never watched the show, but recently had the opportunity to join the start up of a new business so I figured I should get some advice from the pro's. This book takes a high level approach to starting your own business and occasionally dips into more detail on some topics. There is also occasional advice added from the businessmen on the show. This is a good starting point, but you will need additional research and resources before starting your own company.
Mitch Fisher
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is great for starting entrepreneurs. It covers the step by step process for starting a business and growing it. Almost everything is covered, but it doesn't go completely in depth. That's not really what it was meant for anyway. It's really for someone with almost no knowledge on starting a business. It serves it's purpose great and helps spark some ideas. Overall, it is great and beneficial for someone looking to begin their endeavor.
Kirk Mahoney
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are just beginning to think about starting your own business, then read this book. It is full of checklists and questions that, if followed and answered, should put you well ahead of many first-time business owners.

However, if you are already in business for yourself, then I highly recommend the books Work the System and The Millionaire Fastlane instead of this book.

[Disclaimer: I got this free through Audible.com.]
Anushri Thanedar
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good for beginners who don't know a lot about the startup world but want to get done with the basics. The content itself is not super deep but makes sense for a beginner. If you are already a pro, this book might not make a lot of sense to you (as you'd know most of the things the book talks about).
Damien Franco
There really wasn't anything inherently special about this book.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes people aren't looking for revolutionary or outside-the-box thinking.

If you go in expecting a mashup of solid advice with little "new" you're probably okay with this.

There are a few gems with the quotes and stories from the Sharks but otherwise the book is just OK.
Eye-liza Conner
Feb 11, 2014 rated it liked it
The beginning of the book is not for those who have already studied or taken courses on how to start a business, however there is a ton of resourceful information towards the end starting at about Chapter 10.
Scot McAtee
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Buy a textbook on entrepreneurship or buy this book and get the same info for way less and this is way more interesting. Not to mention,you can use this as a companion guide to the tv show so you understand what they're talking or asking about.
Tyler Replogle
Jan 27, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm not going to start my own Business so I might not be the best person to rate this book. However there were some great parts in it that I'll be sure to use through out my life. The parts on sales, hiring people, and leading I think would be good for anyone to read.
Lori
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great logistical overview for those thinking of starting their own business or business owners actively trying to build. Plus, if you're a fan of the show it's chalk-full of behind the scenes "shark bites." It gave me a lot to think about.
YW Low 劉耀詠
Jun 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
"Shark Tank" is one of the best TV shows, with lots of lessons from the Sharks and the entrepreneurs pitching. This book seems unnecessary, most of the topics are cliche, nothing more than what one can get from watching the show.
Luis Moreira
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
It might be a very good book for someone who wants to start a business, because this book works like a basic but comprehensive entrepreneurs' checklist. I personally enjoyed this book because it has some personal inputs from the Sharks, which I'm a huge fan.
Dax
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
The TV show is pretty cool, but this dives deeper. The book highlights why some folks fared well in the tank while others were eaten alive. A good book for anyone that needs to raise funding for a company.

• How to Win at the Sport of Business: If I Can Do It, You Can Do It
  • No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline
  • Sell or Be Sold: How to Get Your Way in Business and in Life
  • L.A. Son: My Life, My City, My Food
  • Driven (Drive, #2)
  • Drive (Drive, #1)
  • The Wes Anderson Collection
  • Fine Art Publicity, 2nd Edition: The Complete Guide for  Artists, Galleries, and Museums (Business and Legal Forms)
  • The Intrepid Art Collector: The Beginner's Guide to Finding, Buying, and Appreciating Art on a Budget
  • Death Cab for Cutie
  • Fine Art Printing for Photographers: Exhibition Quality Prints with Inkjet Printers
  • Creative Block: Get Unstuck, Discover New Ideas. Advice & Projects from 50 Successful Artists
  • The Architecture of Happiness
  • Manila Noir
  • Chasing the Light: Improving Your Photography with Available Light
  • The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos
  • Art-Write: The Writing Guide for Visual Artists
  • The Practicing Mind: Bringing Discipline and Focus into Your Life
“Failure is nothing more than a prelude to success—and a poetic one at that.” 2 likes
“For most entrepreneurs the road is long and challenging. In fact, a good rule of thumb is to estimate how much time and energy you think you’ll need to invest in your new venture and then double that number. Still interested?” 2 likes