Start by marking “Zombie, Incorporated” as Want to Read:

Zombie, Incorporated

3.12  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
ZOMBIE, INCORPORATED

Twilight. With zombies.

Eighteen-year-old Katie Allred is socially awkward and unpopular at school. The only child of parents who had her right out of high school, Katie is herself about to leave the nest, even though she hardly feels ready.

Katie’s new after-school job at the Zimble Box Corporation draws her into the complex social strata of high schoo
Kindle Edition, ebook edition (all formats), 188 pages
Published March 25th 2013 by Hackberry Books (first published March 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Zombie, Incorporated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombie, Incorporated

April
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
The first chapter dawns with the seemingly semi-pathetic life of lower middle-class teenager named Katie Allred who gets hired at Zimble, Inc., a “box” making company. The company is run by a midget–ahem–little person named, you got it—Mr. Zimble, who mind you, claims to be third generation owner. Katie suspects a weird vibe from everyone working at the Corporation even her old codgery uncle, but just can’t seem to put her finger on it.

As the pages stretched ahead, I became intrigued by the wor
Meagan
Overwhelming feeling after reading this book - "Huh."

The book is split into four main sections:

Part One - The First Days: Death Rises
Part Two - The Contagion Period
Part Three - The New World Order
Part Four - The Present

Part One is an introduction to our main character, Katie Allred, and follows her journey into adulthood. She is a high-school senior who's parents have insisted she forget about college and focus on getting a job and moving out on her own as soon as possible. This sectio

Literati Literature Lovers
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review by Robbie

If author Jill Elaine Hughes did not intend Zombie, Incorporated to be a parody of paranormal romance novels, she certainly missed a golden opportunity....

We meet our heroine Katie Allred as she is about to graduate from high school and be unceremoniously booted from the nest. She needs a job and since she has the inside track at a local factory, Zimble Box Corporation, she finds herself hired on the spot for a job about which she has no clue, working for a boss who is beyond str
Giggle Snort
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
REVIEWED BY A.D WAYY

Not all zombies are bad, Katie…

The first chapter dawns with the seemingly semi-pathetic life of lower middle-class teenager named Katie Allred who gets hired at Zimble Inc, a “box” making company. The company is run by a midget–ahem–little person named, you got it—Mr. Zimble, who mind you, claims to be third generation owner. Katie suspects a weird vibe from everyone working at the Corporation even her old codgery uncle, but just can’t seem to put her finger on it. As the p
Stephanie Kaye (In Wonderland)
I liked this book. Did I love it? No, but I definitely think that there is potential to this story. For starters, this was the first zombie book that I have personally read. And for it being the first one I've ever read, not bad. I thoroughly enjoyed it. And I will continue the series and I am hoping that the series grows as the writer grows into a more seasoned and polished writer. I look forward to reading more about the characters.

Now, what I really enjoyed about this book was the way Jill
Marsha
Apr 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Young Adults
This book was provided to me courtesy of netgalley.com. “Zombie, Incorporated” is a quirky story about an 18 year high school senior and social outcast, Katie Allred, who is about to be kicked out of the house by her parents and must find a job. Katie’s Uncle Bud has recommended her for work at the Zimble Box Corporation where he has worked for the past 40 years. Prior to graduation, Katie begins working for Mr. Zimble, a strange little man part time.

After a few weeks, Katie is given an ivory ne
Christina  Torretta
Jun 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Well… I’m a little confused! The book was good but there were things that just had me saying … “What?”

I got to the end and I had the same thoughts that I did at the beginning, I’m just not sure about what is going on. More questions than answers but in no way did I dislike the book. The plot was engaging, although thoroughly weird, but I was wondering and questioning the occurrences and the people that Katie meet.

Katie is an enigma as well. I didn’t really like her to begin with but about half w
Tiffany
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This book is part of a series and one must remember this. Book One in this series can be thought of it as a prelude to the series. I read it quite fast (and on vacation no less). I want to say firstly that this book is nothing like Twilight. (Which is nothing bad. Since I cannot stand the Twilight series.) It is not a romance. It is more of the coming of age within the supernatural.

Katie Allred lives with her parents
Julie (Bookish.Intoxication)
I received this novel from NetGalley.

This novel wasn't at all how I thought it would be and in some ways that is refreshing. It wasn't set out like most cliche zombie novels, this had a story line deep within, making it less about the infecton itself and more about the people it affected and how it came about. This in itself is refreshing and gives something new to the genre, however for me, a zombie novel has a lot of blood, guts and gore, and this was severely lacking from this novel.

The prota
Ty Wilson
Jul 29, 2013 rated it liked it
This is the story of Katie Allred, an girl on the verge of graduating high school (she's also told that the day after she graduates she's being kicked out of her parent's house.) To ease her way into the adult world, her parents have arranged a job interview for Katie with Zimble Box Company. From that moment forward, Katie's life changes, sometimes for the better, but mostly for the worse. A zombie outbreak follows, and Katie discovers that her new employer isn't what he seems to be.

I really l
Raine
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
The book falls under the Science Fiction & Fantasy genre and is geared towards the pre-teens/teens (maybe up to young adult) market. Reading the chapters was pretty easy and vocabulary used is simple. Story flow was basic, nothing too heavy actually but still with enough drama and angst to keep it interesting. It is something expected from books that pre-teens/teens would read.

I loved how the book ended and I for one am eagerly awaiting for the next installment in the series.

If you ever find
Excalibur Snape
Jun 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is amazing.
Can't wait to read more of this serise.
Though I would have to say that I prefer the cover from netgalley.
The story hooks you write from the beginning and doesn't let you go until the very end. (right)
The ending was like WOW never expected that.
The zombies aren't your typical zombies.
Intact you would be hard pressed to tell them apart from the living which makes it all the more creeper.
You would think that would make it lame but it actually works.
I love that everything is run
Alwaysreadingbooks - Reading Drinking and Relaxing
I was given this book by the author for my honest review

I really wanted to enjoy this story but I really couldn't. The story line was slow and the main character was just to blind and stupid for my taste. Everything was happening around her and she just kept acting like everything was normal. The one highlight of this book was the ending because that was when everything got really good and that is the reason why I will read the next book in this series to see where the story will go.
Katherine Paschal
Let me start this review by saying WTF. I am not a big swearer, but that phrase continuously ran through my head for the majority of this book. For most of this book I was so confused as to what was really going on as well as the point of the book.
The story is about 18 year old Katie. Her parents have told her education is not important, that she needs a job because they are kicking her out of the house as soon as she graduates. She ends up getting a job at the Zimble box factory for the very od
Penelope Bartotto
Feb 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Twilight with zombies? I had to question if this was the best marketing tag line or not...I am going to have to say not. Twilight had long since grown out of the public spotlight and shifted into the outdated category when this book initially released in 2013, first error. Second error; the book is nothing like Twilight; the only coinciding feature would be a teenage girl, not enough to think this tag would be the big selling point.
Regardless, after getting over that hurdle, I dove into the nove
Kathryn Frame
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
I was given this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

I have never given a book 2 stars before, so it's a real shame this book is my 1st.

The tag line "twilight with zombies" is really misleading. Only around 2% of this book has any romance and for me, twilight is my number 1 love story. I was given this book as I am a member of the new adult book club, I wouldn't classify this as new adult or young adult in the slightest.

Additionally the synopsis is quite misleading. It mentions Agent
Jul 05, 2013
Jo
May 21, 2013
Maria
rated it did not like it
Mar 24, 2014