Start by marking “Dark Dawn (Dark Redemption, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Dawn (Dark Redemption, #1)

Dark Dawn

(Dark Redemption #1)

***This is the NA Version of Dark Dawn. The sexual content has been toned down but is still explicit in nature and this book is not suitable for the YA audience.***

In the beginning God made the heavens and the earth, and everything in between. The In-between was unplanned, unexpected, and unwelcome. Every action causes a reaction and when mankind was born, so were the Fae.
Published June 13th 2013 (first published June 12th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Dawn

Crystal Marie
Apr 17, 2013 rated it liked it
When I first started reading this book, I had a few questions that I was hoping would be answered during the course of this book. However by the end of it, I had more questions than when I started and was even confused about certain parts of the book. I am going to try to explain what my complaints are about this book without giving away too many spoilers.

The story line seemed amazing, and I couldn’t wait to start reading it. Right from the start, it had a way to grab you in and make you want
Angela
Apr 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given a beta copy of Dark Dawn to read for the authors. The story is about angels called The Guardians who protect humans from the Fae, who feed on, enslave and corrupt humans. There are 6 Guardians: Salathiel (Seth), Eli, Anna, Zoey, Caim and Gus. They each have been given special gifts from God to aid in their work. When a special box ends up in the hands of an artifacts dealer, the Fae find out and begin to hunt it down. The Guardians must retrieve the box, no matter the cost. However, ...more
Meghan Mack
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance copy of this book, and couldn't put it down. I usually read romance (I am newer to paranormal romance) but I loved the character development and the way the plot was built out.

I love it when authors take a traditional story and re-write it. Everyone knows how God created the earth - but now we have angels and evil and the need for protection from these dark forces. Then you have the romances this book built the foundation for - I can't wait to see more. This is going to be
Sarah Larson
May 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I recieved an ARC of this book and I loved it! It is completely different from what I normally read. There will always be good and evil in our lives. Strong love will always win over the evil. Must read book!
Jenna
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to get the chance to read an early copy of this book. I found it to be a very easy read with interesting complex characters, addictive forbidden fruit romances, and a cool spin on Angel and Fey fiction, unlike many other Fey and Angel books I've read.
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: angels, fae
3.5 Stars

Dark Dawn is an 11 chapter novella that starts off the Dark Redemption Series, a Fantasy /Paranormal Romance series written by co-authors Melissa Brodsky and Nicole Andrews Moore. My first reaction was “Wow”! The concept of this book was extremely interesting and unique. It started off very strong and I loved reading about their history of Angels – God sent the first and only Angel, Salanthiel (Seth), to Earth to watch over and protect Adam and Eve from the evil and powerful Fae. Unable
Maria's Book Blog
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Okay, so I really wanted to fall head over heels in love with this book, but it just didn't happen. I loved the concept b/c I'm completely into any stories about fallen angels, the battle between good & evil, light & dark etc., so this was definitely right up my alley. The writing itself was thorough and very descriptive, not bad by any means, but there was no real action or climax in the story. It progressed at a decent pace but I don't feel that it actually led up to anything. It was m ...more
Nadine Hook Me Up Book Blog
4 Angelic Stars

I was one of the lucky girls that received an ARC of Dark Dawn and have to say it was a pleasant surprise. I liked the refreshing twist of this story.
The prologue gives great background information how God created life on earth, including his Angels, and their purpose on earth. As you can guess, where Angels are found there's evil right around the corner.
The plot of Dark Dawn gives inside of the constant battle between good vs evil, as well as the creation of some sweet (forbidd
Cyndi
Jun 01, 2013 rated it liked it
I was able to read an advanced copy of this book and I have to say I loved it. It has such a fresh and different story. I don't want to give anything away because this is something you need to experience yourself but I will say you have your good and evil and some love stories in the making. The good are there to protect from the evil. They make a few mistakes and things take a turn and some that aren't expected and leave you wanting to know more. This book is a must read!
Michelle
Jun 18, 2013 rated it liked it
This was just okay for me. I really felt like this had potential, but the characters felt to rushed and therefore lacked the connection for me. Seth and the Guardians ( minus the one) were the highlight of the story. And I was really confused about their relationship with God. Hmmm. But I wanted more and it just wasn't there. I would still recommend this book to anyone that enjoys angel stories.
Rustys
May 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
god gif photo: For with God ForwithGod.gif

In the beginning, God created heaven and earth, what he didn’t expect was that his creation would soon be the breeding ground for evil. Evil, sneaky and despicable serpents who take the shape of man otherwise known as Fae. God knew he needed someone on
the earth to protect his creations, Adam and Eve so he created an angel, Salathiel.

When Salathiel came down to earth to face the serpent, he commanded,

“You are to leave this Garden at once or be prepared to incur The Wrath.”

The Fae’s response was
Autumn
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received this book to give an honest review.

I really like the outline of the story. And I am glad there is another book coming out soon. You have your Guardian Angels fighting against the Fae for the good of mankind.

Even though the outline of the story was really good I felt that it lacked on some parts, and of course I had some questions that did not get answered. Along with part of the ending. I felt a bit confused.

The story starts off with how God made his first Angel, then he made more t
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
Source: eARC for Honest Review from Authors

Soooooo, I liked the concept of this book but....I felt it was a slow start which I actually think couldn't be helped because there was so much story and foundation to build so you could get immersed into this world.

The books stars with God making humans then it backfiring so he has to create angels to help the wrongs created with the humans but at the same time the humans are being tempted by the fae.

The main angel is Seth who is the leader of the gua
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books
( 4 1/2 Stars, there is no option for that)

I actually really enjoyed this book, I didn’t think I would after reading a few pages, as I am not big on the religious stuff, but quickly determined it was not like that, just seemed that way for a few pages, lol. I found it a great spin on Angels, and then throw in the evil Fae instead of the normal demons you usually see in these kinds of books.

I see there is 2 versions of this book, apparently I have the adult version, unless the steamy sex scenes g
Jennifer Diaz
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I was fortunate to receive an ARC of Dark Dawn. I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it since its outside of my normal comfort zone. It was full of suspense and just the right amount of romance thrown in to keep things interesting. It’s the age of story of good vs evil but in a different light.

So it starts with a familiar in the beginning God created… we all know that story. But he also created the angels to protect humans against the evil Fae that is set on destroying humans so they c
Stephanie
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is an intriguing story of how angels and evil came to be, and what their mission in life is. I had a hard time with the first few chapters. They felt kind of impersonal and cold, like reading a police report or something. It gave you information but no emotion. Maybe that was intentional, but to me it didn't flow.
After the initial part, once the Guardians were on earth, it started to get interesting. The characters started to develop nicely and the book had a nice flow to it. By the second
Erica
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My thoughts: I love Nicole and Melissa they are amazing separate and together they are just as great!!! I love them and this book! We all know that paranoramal books are not my favorite! But I liked this one! Let me tell you why; I liked that it started off B.C.!! I like old school books when they go back like this one does. These aren’t your typical Angels they yes they want to do what is right and serve God but you can tell they want to do it their way! I could not wait to see which angel will ...more
Desiree Gorman - A Love Affair With Books
Wow! I didn't know what to expect with "Dark Dawn" and this was definitely an entirely different twist on the God/angels/creation story. It has been awhile since I read something in this genre and I'm really glad I did! My synopsis is going to seem vague and small but there really is no way not to give big chunks of the story away.

"Dark Dawn" is the story of The Guardians, a group of angels sent by God to Earth to protect humans from the Fae. The Fae want to control humans and take over Earth, m
Brandy Dorsch
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am a huge fan of Nicole and Melissa, so I was so happy to be included in this tour!

I usually don't read a lot of romances related to Angels or Fae. However, this story struck me as different and I am so glad I read it.

The plot of this story is fresh and enthralling. The authors manage to develop characters in ways that are not normally seen in novellas. I found myself captivated by Seth and longing for more. The balance of good and evil is a delicate one and we all know how easy it is to tip
Julie
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am simply amazed at Nicole's writing. I admit I was a little skeptical to read something different from my usual genre, but Nicole never fails. You see the good,the bad and the war they have among them. I find myself falling in love with Seth among all the other angels, and what he will do once he finds his true love: the things he is willing to sacrifice to be with her.

If you want a great story, you have got to read about good vs. evil. It will make you think of things in a completely differe
Shana Dieli
May 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
The only reason I gave this a four stars instead of a five is because it was on the shorter side. The story line and characters were flawless and it was a great read. I can't wait to read the second book in the series.
Elizabeth
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 stars. A few parts were awkward but for the most part I liked it. A good start to the series!

Check my book blog (http://booksithinkyoushouldread.blogs...) on Wed. 6/26 for my full review.
Jul 28, 2013 marked it as to-read
So, I won this book as a Goodreads First Reads giveaway. But, I never received it! I contacted the author through Goodreads, twice, but no reply.

So, I can't offer a review of this book - since I have no plans of paying to read it, nor trying to track it down online, or at the library - unless the copy I won ever arrives (it's been over a year, so that's likely never going to happen.) Oh well, leaves more time to read the other 300 or so on my list!
Nieves Del Rio
Jun 24, 2013 rated it liked it
this is a paranormal book about guardian angels living among humans protecting them from evil, also known as the Fae. I enjoyed the topic but felt that the love relationships were developed too fast. I will read the next book as I want to find out what happens to some of the characters.
valeria
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
the beginning of the book was a little slow, but then was better, in the end I was sad about the decision of Anna, what it happened with Eli, i cant wait for book 2
Michele(mluker) Luker
Teresa
Jun 13, 2013
Megen
Apr 12, 2016
  • Kindred of the Fallen (Kindred Chronicles, #1)
  • Fall for Me
  • Angel Bait (Angel Assassins, #1)
  • Ignite (Ignite, #1)
  • Dark Rising (Archangel Prophecies #2)
  • City of the Fallen (Dark Tides, #1)
  • Ominous Love (Ominous, # 2)
  • Winged (Winged, #1)
  • Stars In Her Eyes (Sparkstone Saga #1)
  • Broken Faith (Spiritual Discord, #1)
  • A Werewolf to Call Her Own (Mystic Isle, #2)
  • Unclaimed (Unclaimed, #1)
  • Silence of the Wolves (Call of the Wilderness #1)
  • The Second Sign (The Second Sign, #1)
  • Reckoning (Dark Prophecy, #1)
  • Angel of Mine
  • Renhala (Renhala, #1)
  • Devour
Melissa used to tell everyone she was going to be a writer when she grew up. Well, she is suddenly a grown up and it looks like she was telling the truth.

Living in a modern-day "Yours, Mine and Ours" household, Melissa is the biological mother of 3 children and the full-time stepmother to her husbands 2 children. On some days, she may even be considered "evil"...and not just as the stepmother!

With

Dark Redemption (2 books)
  • Dark Destiny (Dark Redemption, #2)