Start by marking “Hokus Pokus” as Want to Read:
Hokus Pokus

Hokus Pokus (Sisterhood #9)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  3,582 Ratings  ·  129 Reviews

There is no match for the Sisterhood the seven friends who have taken vigilante justice to a new level not even the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Although the women foiled former FBI director Mitch Riley’s plot to frame their friends Judge Nellie Easter and lawyer Lizzie Fox, now they must remain in exile or risk capture. They can’t complain about their opulent digs on

Published December 1st 2007 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Hokus Pokus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hokus Pokus

Denise
Oct 18, 2015 rated it liked it
The Sisterhood is back again! A fun, light read with some good laughs.
Heather
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sisterhood #9 Rules of the Game #2

I'm going to keep this super simple because yet again technology hates me and erased my first attempt at reviewing this.

*Old friend of Nellie, Myra, and Annie needed the Sisterhoods help.
* Supreme Court Justice Pearl Barnes being blackmailed by ex-son in law
* Sisterhood returns to the USA in Style...if you can rock and roll G-String Girls iconic G-Strings and pasties style.....
*Their nemisis Post reporter Ted Robinson is hot on their tail yet again
*With the FBI
Tara Kable
Jul 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fern-michaels
I thought this book was hilarious! I mean there is g-string girls, and firecrackers in places they shouldnt be! Ha!! Im a little over Ted, but thankfully he wasnt as prominent in this book. All in all, another good addition to the series.
Debbie
Mar 22, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok I think I am done with the sisterhood books. They are getting really unrealistic and too violent for me. Too bad because I really kind of liked the first couple of books in the series.
Ruth Mindick
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced adventure for the Sisterhood. Couldn't put it down - again. I still don't love the involvement of the "second string" as they are less exciting characters. Still a good read though that left me eager to go on to the next book.

Fans of The Sisterhood will enjoy Hokus Pokus. Well-written as always and I recommend it to fans of Fern Michaels.
Swanbender2001
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I understand why I love these stories so much; it is the outrageousness of what is accomplished by the group. I know it is impossible but what fun to read about it and be part of their success in the process. As always, I look forward to the next story in the series.
Paula Coffey
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

There was never a dull moment and even I wanted to throttle Ted! Thank you four the adventure. BTW, there isn't enough latex in this world that would fool anyone into believing that I could be a G-String Girl . . . lol
Nan
May 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: series, mystery-cozy
Even more, unbelieve able than the last book. Old ladies looking young again because of Latex? No way unless they are really skinny. Also, not quite believing the reason why they needed to save the day again. Yet another old old friend needing help. Ehh. not buying it.
M. Schilling
May 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Lame story!
Rose M Hope
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Moving on to book 10 in the series. Love them all.
Susan
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Light summer read. Predictable.
Kathy Davie
Oct 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
Ninth in the Sisterhood vengeance-suspense series based in Washington D.C. although the ladies are currently in exile in Spain and revolving around a group of women seeking a more just justice than could be found in the courts.

The Story
Supreme Court Chief Justice Pearl Barnes is in trouble. And she's not above blackmailing one of her oldest friends into helping her. When the judge confronts Nellie Easter with what she knows and what she needs, Nellie is appalled. She wants to help her friend. H
Sandi
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Enjoyable, as are the others of this series I've read, but there are so many characters, it's hard to keep them all straight.
Linda Walters
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Although, I liked the book, it wasn't one of my favorites in the series. At times, I thought it was kind of slow moving, which is a strange thing to say about any book in this series. It just seemed to slow and bog down a bit every so often. There were certainly several different missions going on at a time. I generally get a kick out of their "camouflage" get ups but I have to admit that one of them in this book, was just a bit too hard to swallow. Even for a work of fiction, I thought it was a ...more
Doris
Aug 03, 2013 rated it liked it
The title caught my eye right away and the synopsis sounded intriguing. This package being provided by author Fern Michaels rounded off a good deal - I simply could not resist. However ...
Well, what I found rather disturbing was that the story was introduced as a Sisterhood ... only to be organised and controlled by men. That, somehow, did not quite make sense - to me anyhow. Yes, there is a sisterhood - in fact, most main players are women who do appear to have a say in the overall matters, but
Diane
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved this Sisterhood Book. It is the ninth in the series but I have read them totally out of order and it doesn't matter. Each book stands on its own.

The participants of the sisterhood are characters that are well developed and each have their own separate and distinct personalities from Annie who is older and ready for any adventure to Katherine who appears to be harder and more grounded.

The seven friends who are also called "The vigilantes" take matters into their own hands when a severe in
Kathy
Nov 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Rhonda
Mar 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mystery and humor fans.
Judge Easter was not expecting the surprise visit from Supreme Court Justice Pearl Barnes at the time of night when everyone should be sleeping but that doesn't compare to what was told to her by her good friend Pearl.
Needless to say, after not much thought Judge Easter calls Charles Martin with a situation that can't wait to be fixed and there is not a wide window of opportunity in which to fix the problem.
On the otehr side of the world the Sisters are restless and itching to get back to the S
Amylou1977
Jun 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
NOT EVEN AN OCEAN CAN KEEP THE SISTERHOOD FROM HELPING A FRIEND IN NEED...There is no match for the Sisterhood-the seven friends who have taken vigilante justice to a new level-not even the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Although the women foiled former FBI director Mitch Riley's plot to frame their friends judge Nellie Easter and lawyer Lizzie Fox, now they must remain in exile or risk capture They can't complain about their opulent digs on a remote, luxurious mountain top, but the ladies des ...more
Susan
Aug 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: suspense
I enjoyed the book and most of the characters, although it was obvious I was missing some information about them. Perhaps I would have liked it more if I had realized it's a series and this was not the first book. The plot: I group of refugee vigilantes is called in to help take down blackmailers of a judge. The judge runs an underground railroad to help women and children escape violent men.
The problem is I can't figure out what happened to get the vigilantes on the run. And I don't understand
Brenda Benoit
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After the last couple of books in this series kind of disappointing me, this book was a welcome relief. It seemed with the last couple books the buildup to the mission was a lot more exciting than the actual mission. Not so with this book. Finally a mission that lasted more than a few pages like they did in the beginning of the series. Can't wait to read the next one to find out what Ted does next to try to bring the vigilantes down although I would love to see him back together with Maggie. Rea ...more
Linda Farrell
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
Once again, quick, easy to follow, great plot but...the author is of another age, straining to be 'hip, up-to-date' and the strain shows. Reactions are way over the top with characters going ballistic over tiny things, just to show the writer has a grasp of today's language. Romance is thrown in, again with a far reach. There's always a 'tear in the eye' as their eyes meet, star crossed lovers...hmmm, no, that's wrong as I can't remember anything more than brief kisses taking place. I wish the s ...more
Rhonda
Sep 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jodi
Jan 30, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
Becky
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book 9 in the Sisterhood series where the ladies who are now helping Supreme Court Chief Justice Pearl Barnes who is being blackmailed by her ex son-in-law. Pearl has been doing a bit of her own underground, illegal brand of justice. Again the ladies are leaving their exile to come back to the US and hope not to be captured. Another great book in the series. The only negative I have for the book is that there are getting to be too many characters being added and to the Sisterhood. I personally e ...more
Kayefex
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Frankly, I felt this book was shabby at best. The plot was not terrible, but the dialogue and action were all completely fantastic. And by fantastic, I mean "of fantasy," not "good." I had a hard time suspending my disbelief at the juvenile and unprofessional antics of these alleged world-class operators. In addition, Fern Michaels should probably invest in a thesaurus. She used the exact same phrasings multiple times.
Liberty Abbott-Sylvester
After reading the Sisterhood series, I am really disappointed how this continuing series is going. The series probably should have stopped before now. The stories are getting a bit far-fetched and much more violent. I'm not liking the girls as much as I did before. I will continue to read the series as I own it...crossing my fingers that FM does the next one better. She definitely dropped the ball with this one.
Mark Buehl
Aug 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is a great book from the Sisterhood series. It is funny and still a very serious thriller book. I am not reading this series by Fern Michaels in order. I maybe should, but since I started in the middle and have been working in both directions, this review maybe tainted some. Each book in the Sisterhood Series adds members to the Sisterhood group and foils the bad guys in the end. You know they will, but still getting the end is very enjoyable and a very good read.

Sandy
While this book was somewhat predictable based on the length of the series, it was a good book overall. It is always interesting to find out what the girls are going to do next!

Fern Michaels is an excellent author and has a way of putting readers rights into the story. She is one of the few authors that I can read with noise in the background, as she is capable of getting my interest so deep in the story that I block out my surroundings!
Carol  MacInnis
Apr 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Now that the Sisterhood has foiled Mitch Riley, they have been placed in a remote mountaintop home away from home that has everything one would want, but the girls are getting homesick for the beloved USA.

Now Supreme Court Chief Justice Pearl Barnes has called on the 'chicks' to help her out, which means 'sneaking' back into the States without anyone's knowledge and help their friend. Another Fern Michaels classic!
  • Vineyard Fear (Martha's Vineyard Mystery #4)
  • GRINGA - In the Clutches of a Ruthless Drug-Lord (#3)
  • Random Acts
  • Gold Rush Brides: Emmy
  • My Mr. Rochester (Jane Eyre Retold, #1)
  • Lord of the Abbey (Lords of Avalon #1)
  • Ricky (Mail-Order Brides Club #5)
  • Apparition Lake
  • The Spellbound Spirit (The Curious Collectibles #2)
  • The Bride Price (An African Romance, #1)
  • An Earl Like No Other
  • Alma's Mail Order Husband (Texas Brides #1)
  • Capture The Rainbow (Sedikhan, #4)
  • The Day is a White Tablet
  • Once Upon a Christmas Carol
  • 6 Rainier Drive (Cedar Cove, #6)
  • Violet (Come By Chance Mail Order Brides #3)
  • Sara in Montana (Second Chances Series Book 1)
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

Sisterhood (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1)
  • Payback (Sisterhood, #2)
  • Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3)
  • The Jury (Sisterhood, #4)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)
  • Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)
  • Free Fall (Sisterhood, #7)
  • Hide and Seek (Sisterhood, #8 / Rules of the Game, #1)
  • Fast Track
  • Collateral Damage (Sisterhood, #11 / Rules of the Game, #4)

“get it open. He was light-headed with relief. He blasted” 0 likes