Start by marking “My Crazy Purple Pen” as Want to Read:
My Crazy Purple Pen

My Crazy Purple Pen

Written in lively rhyming verse, this is a delightful and amusing story about a small boy and his mischievous purple pen. The boy's teacher, a Police Inspector, and even the Queen, become embroiled in the naughty pen's antics. What will the boy do about the trouble that his inky friend is causing him?
Published November 28th 2012 by Mark Whenham Limited

To ask other readers questions about My Crazy Purple Pen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Crazy Purple Pen

Start your review of My Crazy Purple Pen
Sheila
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One child’s pen has a life all of its own in Ruth Whenham’s fun rhyming story, My Crazy Purple Pen. The story's brightly illustrated with pictures that invite readers to ask questions – “Where’s the pen? What has it drawn on this time?” Even the royal corgies are in on the joke as the story progresses. But trouble’s brewing, and perhaps it’s time to find something else to amuse the inky writer. Cool story, great illustrations, smooth reading... What more could you ask? This book is fun for Engli ...more
Sarah Elizabeth
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebies, kids
MY 4-year-old really likes this one. IT's a simple story about a purple pen who leaves rude notes for people, until the little boy finds him a friend in the shape of a pink biro ☺
Billy Buttons
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was recently entered and was a finalist in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what our readers thought:

Star Rating 5 stars
Number of Readers 28

Readers’ Comments
‘I loved the fact it was narrated in verse, always the best in a young children’s book.’ Parent
‘A funny book, not too long, well illustrated.’ Teacher
‘This book is not too difficult and the idea of a naughty pen is appealing to children and adults. It’s amusing too. The colours were a little too ‘bling!’ for my taste, but my
Barbara Ann
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This humorous, short and cute story written about a purple pen who has a mind of his own will appeal to preschoolers and early elementary students. Children will enjoy reading or listening to the rhyme. Told in first person by the narrator and owner of the pen, it traces the mischief of the purple pen as he writes and leaves rude notes for the teacher and the queen. The narrator decides that his pen does these naughty things because he is bored so he finds a companion pen, Pink Biro to keep his ...more
Holly Letson
Such a cute story. Purple Pen goes around writing sarcastic and (somewhat) rude notes. He says what people want to say, but are afraid to. Turns out that he's doing that because he's lonely, so his owner fixes him up with a pretty pink (female) pen, and he stops altogether. And, they live happily ever after.
 Reading Reindeer
A young British boy owns a mischievous, magical, purple pen, which delights to write notes where it shouldn't. Not stopping at teachers and bus stop patrons, it writes to the Queen. Oh, oh! But there is a feasible solution.
Carol Jiranek
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Would highly recommend this book. Couldn't stop laughing at the antics of the pen running rings around all the other characters - will definitely be reading more books by this author. A 5 star plus read for children and adults alike.
Megan's Picks For Today Blog
A sarcastic, mischievous duo has quite create such a spunk in this laugh out funny, heartwarming tale of friendship and crazy adventures. My crazy purple pen got a laugh from me and the story alone is a adorable children's read. I highly recommend this book to my friends that has children.
Clinton Madden
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book, the colourful, vibrant images were matched by the fun and innovative characters. The pace was perfect for children and I couldn't help getting into it myself!

I would really recommend this book and others by this author. She really has a flair for childrens books!
Brandee Kuzel-finwall
Feb 05, 2016
Sibongile Gatsi
Mar 15, 2018
Erica Adkins allen
rated it did not like it
Jeani
Dec 15, 2015
Melinda
is currently reading it
Dec 23, 2015
Ruth Whenham began her career as a freelance writer a short time before reaching her 40th birthday. To say it was something of a mid-life crisis would be absolutely true! A graduate of Human Psychology and a former employee of the National Health Service, Ruth now splits her time between writing, looking after her family (she has two children) and volunteering at her local Citizens' Advice Bureau. ...more