Start by marking “The Digital Photography Book, Part 1” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Digital Photograph...

Scott Kelby

The Digital Photography Book, Part 1 (The Digital Photography Book: The Step-By-Step Secrets for How to Make Your Photos Look Like the Pros! #1)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  4,298 Ratings  ·  378 Reviews
This is the eBook version of the printed book. If the print book includes a CD-ROM, this content is not included within the eBook version. Scott Kelby, the man who changed the "digital darkroom" forever with his groundbreaking, #1 bestselling, award-winning book "The Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers, " now tackles the most important side of digital photography--how ...more
ebook
Published March 19th 2013 by Peachpit Press (first published 2006)

Rolf Häsänen
Jan 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: photography
Scott Kelby aka Mr Photoshop dishes out some no-nonsense and excellent tips for improving your photography skills. I have added some of my pics, so you can judge your self ->
Cedar Pride outside of Aqaba

DSC_3271-1.jpg

DSC_5022-1.jpg

DSC_3286-1.jpg

Hafnarfjordur.JPG

I think my photos have improved after reading both of his books, some tips were so simple but oh so good. I still get crappy pics but the ratio of good pics is much higher and i can plan for my shoots now.
The books are not for the pro photographer but for us that are coming back to photography in the digital age and
فهد الحربي
اذا كنت مهتم بالتصوير الفوتوغرافي فلابد ان تقتني هذا الكتاب, فهو يحتوي على نصائح وتجارب احد اهم المصورين في العالم "سكوت كليبي", ستسفيد منه اذا كنت تملك كاميرا مدمجه وستستفيد اكثر بكثير اذا كانت كاميرتك احترافيه.
مازلت اردد عبارة "حادّة كالمسمار" منذ ان قرأتها في الصفحات الاولى من هذا الكتاب ( :
Bart
Oct 07, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: beginners and hobbyists
My veteran photographer friends would laugh at me if they knew I bought this book. I'm a real novice, and many of my friends are professional art and event shooters. I liked this book, though, because it reminded me a lot of having a conversation with a photographer friend. In fact, this is a goal clearly stated by the author: he wanted to cut out the technical explanations and write as if he and the reader were out shooting, giving flat advice and instructions. It works for what it is, I picked ...more
Zainab

Hayel Barakat
كتاب جيد للمبتدئين في التصوير الفوتوغرافي
Kim
Jan 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book! I have been shooting my pictures in auto and without a tripod for way too long. I have a basic understanding of photoshop, but I was ready to begin understanding my Nikon, and stop shooting in auto (or a preset). This book got me hooked, I have a better understanding of aperture, shutterspeed, ISO, and white balance--as well as a better understanding of all of the "tools" out there to use. I love photoshop, but knowing how to take a great picture in the first place is just as i ...more
Mindy
Jan 22, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This guys writing will drive you nuts at the beginning because he is constantly joking. He calms down towards the end though. And in the meantime, he gave great PRACTICAL advice with shooting digital. For example, he doesn't use complicated words when explaining how to get great flower shots. He just tells you as a friend would. Set your camera at this setting, do this, do that, and there you go.
I want to try out everything he explained. It's one of those books I would like to have on hand to h
أغيد
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
الكتاب ممتاز، ومفيد جداً للمبتدئين والراغبين في دخول عالم التصوير الفوتوغرافي، ولو لم يكن بنية الاحتراف
يفترض بمن لديه الرغبة بقراءة هذا الكتاب، أن يعلم مصطلحات مثل سرعة الغلق وزاوية العدسة ومداها وتوازن الأبيض والأسود وغير ذلك من المفاهيم الأساسية في عالم التصوير.
من يعلم ولو بشكل متوسط هذه المبادئ، فالكتاب سيساعده حتى لو كان يصور بكاميرا متوسطة الجودة والميزات.
أسلوب الكاتب جميل وسلس أيضاً.
الكاتب ينصح القارئ بعدة نصائح سواء على مستوى كيفية التصوير، أو على مستوى البرامج والمعدات، والتي يؤكد دائماً
Chuck Slack
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book for a novice photographer. It demystified some of the photography lingo.

Highly recommend to one that is learning their digital SLR.
Photography 1 2 Feb 01, 2017 08:41PM
Photography 1 1 Feb 01, 2017 08:41PM
  • Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographs with a Film or Digital Camera
  • The Moment It Clicks: Photography Secrets from One of the World's Top Shooters
  • The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos
  • Light: Science and Magic: An Introduction to Photographic Lighting
  • Within the Frame: The Journey of Photographic Vision
  • Complete Digital Photography
  • How to Photograph Absolutely Everything: Successful Pictures from Your Digital Camera
  • Expressive Photography: The Shutter Sisters' Guide to Shooting from the Heart
  • The Print (Ansel Adams Photography, #3)
  • Speedliter's Handbook: Learning to Craft Light with Canon Speedlites
  • Digital Photography All-In-One Desk Reference for Dummies
  • Black and White Photography: A Basic Manual
  • Travel Photography: A Guide to Taking Better Pictures
  • National Geographic Photography Field Guide: Secrets to Making Great Pictures
  • Skin: The Complete Guide to Digitally Lighting, Photographing, and Retouching Faces and Bodies

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Scott Kelby is an American author and publisher of periodicals dealing in Macintosh and Personal Computer software, specifically for design professionals, photographers, and artists.

Kelby is editor and publisher of Photoshop User and Layers magazines, president and co-founder of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) and is president of Kelby Media Group, an Oldsmar, Florida-ba
More about Scott Kelby...

The Digital Photography Book: The Step-By-Step Secrets for How to Make Your Photos Look Like the Pros! (5 books)
  • The Digital Photography Book (Volume 2)
  • The Digital Photography Book (Volume 3)
  • The Digital Photography Book (Volume 4)
  • The Digital Photography Book, Part 5: Photo Recipes