Start by marking “The Earth Dwellers (The Dwellers #4; Country Saga #4 )” as Want to Read:
The Earth Dwellers (The Dwellers #4; Country Saga #4 )

The Earth Dwellers

(The Dwellers #4)

The Earth Dwellers is the 4th book in BOTH The Dwellers Saga and The Country Saga. The author recommends that BOTH series are read in their entirety before reading this book (The Moon Dwellers, The Star Dwellers, The Sun Dwellers, Fire Country, Ice Country, Water & Storm Country).

Your favorite Dwellers and Country Saga characters come together in this epic seventh book
458 pages
Published September 5th 2013 (first published August 30th 2013)

David Estes
Mar 25, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: 2013-dystopian
To my friends and readers,

It's with excitement and relief and joy to tell you all that The Earth Dwellers, the 7th and final book in the COMBINED Dwellers/Country Sagas is now OUT on Kindle, Nook, Smashwords, and Amazon paperback!!! (other ebook distributors such as iBooks, Kobo, and Sony to follow soon.)

This journey has taken me almost two years, more than 600,000 words, and countless hours of time to complete, but I'd NEVER have made it without all of you by my side. I wrote this series, but i
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Fitting
Rating: PG-13
Thumbs Up: 4.5
Overall: A satisfying ending to an awesome series
Characters: Well Done
Plot: Time to fight for what’s right.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: HIGHLY
Book Boyfriend: Tristian

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
It’s always sad when one of your favorite series ends. It’s just hard to say goodbye to characters you’ve come to love. And this one isn’t any different. I’ve enjoyed this series from day one. I highly recommend to all. David has br
Lola
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I got a copy for review in exchange for beta read and an honest review.

The Earth Dwellers seamlessly combines the Dwellers and the Country saga and the end result is a great story with the best of both series. It’s the perfect ending to both series and it was awesome seeing all my favorite characters again. Even Perry made a cameo appearance!

I really liked both the Dwellers series and the Country series and when I first heard about that there would be one book that would be the fourth book to b
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian
So, I'm finally getting around to writing my review of this. I never know how to put into words how David's books make me feel. I get all warm and fuzzy and teary eyed while I also get angry and outraged and want to tear out pages (which I would never do because, well, this was an ebook first of all and second of all that would just be blaphemy!).
I want to thank David for 1) allowing me to beta read this book and being part of a family of people who truly care what he writes, and 2) for then sen
Jenny
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely one of the best books I've read so far this year. Its beyond amazing, and I'm not sure how to really write a review for it without giving too much away! Be forewarned, if you haven't read the other books in the series, there may be spoilers!

Here we go! Tristan and Adele come up to the surface to find out more about the Earth Dwellers. Siena, Skye and Wilde find them and assume they are their "Glassies" enemies. Skye insists on taking Adele and Tristan prisoners. Along the way,
Marni
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It’s moments after I’ve read the final word of The Earth Dwellers and everything that’s happened from The Dwellers Saga through The Country Saga is hitting me all at once. The emotions are running amok and honestly, I’m quite near tears because this compilation of two separate but epic series has come to an end. Please pass the tissues.

Where to start? This particular book brought all the different countries and realms together. The beginning of the book started right where The Sun Dwellers and W
Daniel
Apr 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Plot- 9/10
Characters- 8.5/10
Writing- 9/10
World Building- 9.5/10

TOTAL- 9.0/10

Quickie Review (minor spoilers)- And the roller coaster ends. The Earth Dwellers was a fantastic conclusion to the Dwellers/Country Saga by David Estes. The plot was done extremely well- there was constantly something going on, and kept me at the edge of my bed. There were no new stories introduced at the beginning, which helped to keep the pace fast and engaging. The last 100 pages or so were done quite brilliantly, and
Karen’s Library
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*Big sigh* Wow! Amazing! Everything I thought I would get from David Estes to complete his Dwellers Saga and Country Saga and much, MUCH more. I read this book knowing it would be bittersweet as I said goodbye to my beloved characters that have come to mean so much to me this past year. I read The Moon Dwellers almost exactly one year ago! What a journey this past year has brought with SEVEN books in this amazing series!!

Although there were many hilarious, laugh-out-loud parts to this book, many
Dvora
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!!!
Recommended to Dvora by: David Estes
I actually cried when I finished this book! I can't believe it's over. David, I don't know how you did it, but you did. How you brought all the characters onto this one book and spoke from their POV each is beyond my understanding.

The Mood Dwellers is such an amazing book, I was worried how you were going to top it in the sequel. Then I read the sequel and said the same thing. With each book, the story got better and better! I was so impressed with how you were able to do that. It's just incred
 ༄LEAH༄
OVERALL RATING: 4.8/5 STARS (Grade=A)

♪♫My Pick For Book Theme Song♫♪

Another One Bites The Dust by Queen --Another series finished, I'm seriously on a roll with finishing series lately…so this song is for all of the series that I've conquered lately…also…because David Estes is not afraid to kill off key people and he literally slayed me with some throughout the series, especially one in particular from this very book…♫

Series: Book #7 of the combined Dwellers and Country Sagas
Genre: YA, Dystopian
Think
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I was looking forward to it so much and it surpassed my expectations! First of all, I have to say how much I think the author, David Estes, is an absolute genius. Taking two series and melding this book into being an ending for both The Dwellers and The Country Saga just catapulted David to the top of my favorite authors list. Every single time I get my hands on a book by Estes I just KNOW it is going to be excellent. Not once has Estes had a literary misstep in my ...more
Kerri
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
**IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE DWELLERS SAGA AND THE COUNTRY SAGA, THIS REVIEW IS BASICALLY GONNA CONFUSE AND SPOIL THE HELL OUT OF YOU SO GO READ THOSE BOOKS FIRST OKAY BYE**

It's hard to believe, but here we are, 7 books later, and at the end of not one, but TWO series.

The Earth Dwellers picks right up where Water&Storm Country left off, with Tristan and Adele coming topside to meet with our fire country gang. The ice country is in turmoil, and honestly, the water&storm countries aren't rea
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bookgasm, arc-galley
The Earth Dwellers is a culmination of both The Dwellers and Country Saga series, resulting in a mind blowing conclusion as two merge into one. The battle is inevitable. The atrocities of both former President Nailin and King Goff pale in compassion to that of Borg Lector, President of the New City, the Earth Dwellers within the dome. The Natives and Tri Realms need to unite to stop a common enemy from Genocide, but can humanity prevail?

Told from multiple points of view, from the feisty Adele of
Amanda Perry
Karen’s Library
I just marathon listened to the new audiobooks of the Country Saga and the 7th and final book to both The Dwellers and the Country trilogies, The Earth Dwellers. The cast of narrators read like an all-star cast for me and several are in my top 5 list of performers. The new to me performers are now new favorites as they really did an amazing job with this book! I've read this book in print and being able to listen to it this time around was a wonderful new experience!

From my original review of t
Amanda (mandy)
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
NOOOOO!!!! I don't want to be blazin' over!!

Combining the final "chapter" for both series into one book was done brilliantly. I think the world needs to read this book right now. It's such a reminder that just because something is different doesn't mean it's a danger to you. It also reminds you that sometimes not everything is as it appears.

Once again David brought me to tears, no tears is too light a term. He brought me to a sobbing mess. There are some scenes in The Earth Dwellers that I just
Rose
The Earth Dwellers is the final book for both the Dwellers Saga and the Country Saga series. We've met many people from different tribes or group throughout the prior six books - this is where they all come together.

Life has been cruel since a meteor crashed into Earth five hundred years ago.
For those living above ground, they were thrown back into a much simpler but harder time. Everyone just trying to exist in the ever shortened lifespan they now have, hunting for food, fighting off wild ani
H.J. Stephens
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Though I am sad to see the Country and Dweller series come to an end, I couldn't have asked for a better finish. The Earth Dwellers is a action-packed, romance filled, tear-inducing, amazing end to an amazing two series. I couldn't put it down, it only left my hands maybe two or three times in the journey from start to end.

In this book The Country and the Dweller series merge together and all of the characters we have laughed, cried and lived with in the previous book come together for the fina
Laura Clarke
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Well, well, 'DWELL!' What an absolute awesome journey it has been. Starting in September, where I Moon Dwelled, Star Dwelled, and Sun Dwelled. Venturing ever forward in October was a Saga and some with, Fire Country, Ice Country and ending in Water & Storm Country!

Alas though, this epic journey finally had to come to an end, (Boo, Hoo, Hoo, but true)

With Earth Dwellers though, WHAT a way to end what has been the most 'THRILLING' dystopian ride of reading I've ever had the pleasure to board.
Jeanette
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is such a hard review to write. I have been putting it off for a bit, because I am just not ready to say goodbye to these characters that I have gotten to know and love over the past year.

This final installment of the Country/Dwellers Series was everything I wanted it to be. I cried, and laughed and spent about 10 minutes sitting quietly in disbelief when a certain thing happened in the book. (When you get to it, you will know. I am still heartbroken.)

We got to see what life was like for t
Elisa
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This series finale was heartbreaking and amazing! What I liked: I really liked how there were different narrators from most of the other books to help tell the story. The different POVs were well done and added so much to the story. I also liked how David Estes went all Game of Thrones on the reader. Hard choices were made, people died, and there was sorrow. It was refreshing to read a book where everything wasn't ideal and happy.

There were two little things that bothered me a bit. The first wa
Doreen
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this series is searin' pricklin' full of awesomeness! it started from underground and ended where the earth began, ended and reborn, i.e. surface of the earth. i like all the characters as none of them are characterised as perfect and each of them have their darker sides that they have to deal with.
i feel sad to read of (view spoiler) through it all, i find that most of the realms/countries/dwellers s
Jodi Woody
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian
Last book! "The Earth Dwellers" finishes off two series by David Estes: "The Dwellers" and "The Country" sagas. It all comes to and end in this one book with all of your favorite characters, at least the ones who lived through the adventures. I love these books. They are well written, quirky and funny, yet serious and thought provoking at the same time. Dystopian at it's best. Great for ages 13 and up as there is no swearing (other than some made up words) and no sex. Strong loyalty and morals, ...more
Claire Taylor
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
David Estes
The Earth Dwellers
Dwellers Saga #4 & Country Saga #4

Wow, what a finale. This book truly did end both Saga’s perfectly, and the epilogue (my favourite part) gave great closure which helped the series as a whole end on a high. A complete emotional roller-coaster, be prepared to tear up, scream, laugh and be shocked the whole way through with every twist and turn. There are casualties, people I loved died and there was never a moment that I wasn’t completely gripped by this story.
D.C. Renee
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What an intense end to the series! Wow. Hold on, let me catch my breath. Whew. Ok. I might start rambling, but I'm still reeling. There was a happy end, everything was tied up nicely, rings worked out, but even so, there were some crazy moments along the way. Some sad & surprising deaths, some holy smokes moments, some "oh no, run" times, some "oh no she didn't" scenes & then some "holy shit, she really did" points. Yep, this book pretty much covered it all! Every emotion! And it was wor ...more
Ashley
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am so impressed with this series! I can't believe I waited so long to read them. The Earth Dwellers was a perfect ending to the series. I enjoyed the Country Saga moreso than the Dwellers, but I loved seeing how the two series connected. The Country Saga are those that live above the Earth, knowing nobody lived below ground, and the Dwellers are about those that live below ground, where they don't know people live on Earth. David went into such detail in every world that he built.

Marla
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: david-estes
What a wonderful finish to the Moon Dwellers and Country Saga series. This book was full of fighting and sadness. Several times it broke my heart as people died especially the massacre. There were several characters I really liked who didn't make it. Fantastic writing. I will miss these characters as they have been in my life for several months.
Jenna
Jul 22, 2013 rated it liked it
The ending for the two series, all the characters and stories come together in this one.
Good ending, predictable, well written.
Patrick
May 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Tied all the books together very well. It was good, not great, but the entire series and sister series is well worth the read.
Joe Urso
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing end to one of the greatest stories ever told.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Shudder (Stitch Trilogy, #2)
  • Darkest Worlds: A Dystopian Anthology
  • Worlds Collide (Sunset Rising, #2)
  • Red River (Tent City #2)
  • Tested (New World, #3)
  • Released (The Nogiku series, #2)
  • The Scribe (Mindjack Origins, #3)
  • Lastland (The War of Princes, #4)
  • The Defiance (Brilliant Darkness, #2)
  • The Wall (The Woodlands, #2)
  • Haven (Apocalypsis, #4)
  • No Mercy (Cambion, #2.5)
  • The Dragon's Egg (Dragonslayer, #4)
  • Darla's Story (Ashfall, #0.5)
  • The Turning Tides (Marina's Tales, #4)
Get a FREE short story from David Estes' #1 Amazon bestselling epic fantasy series, Fatemarked, when you sign up for his mailing list: https://www.subscribepage.com/b2v6v3

David Estes has written more than 30 science fiction and fantasy books. He loves chatting with his readers, all of whom he considers to be his friends. David lives in Hawaii with his beautiful Aussie wife, Adele, his asthmatic ca

The Dwellers (4 books)
  • The Moon Dwellers (The Dwellers, #1)
  • The Star Dwellers (The Dwellers, #2)
  • The Sun Dwellers (The Dwellers, #3)
“You made friends with a prickler?" Hawk says, standing just inside the secret opening, apparently having come inside during my story, "I'm confused," Adele says. "At first I thought pricklers were some kind of plant, but are they an animal? Or some weird kind of person?"

"We ate your friend" Tristan says, his handsome face screwed up even more.”
4 likes