Start by marking “Learn German with Paul Noble” as Want to Read:
Learn German with Paul Noble

Learn German with Paul Noble

The language guru everyone is talking about - Paul Noble will revolutionise the way you learn language. No textbooks, no rote memorisation, no chance of failure.
Audio CD, 40 pages
Published September 1st 2012 by HarperCollins UK

To ask other readers questions about Learn German with Paul Noble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Learn German with Paul Noble

Bibi
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So far, I've been learning German, French, and Spanish (hey, don't scoff. I'm an empty-nester!) through the Paul Noble system and I completely understand why his learning system is rated highly.

Paul sets you up for success by identifying the similarities between the subject language and English. For instance, by adding 'ch' onto 'I' you get the german "I"; switch the C to K then tag on an extra N and you've changed the English word 'can' to 'kann' in German.

Further, we learn that most English wo
Shalini Sinha
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: deutsch, scribd, audiobook
/* I've created a list of German language learning resources here . It'd be a great help to all the independent learners if you could contribute. Danke! */

Well, I haven't tried many audiobooks for learning languages but "Learn German with Paul Noble" is definitely a good recommendation for absolute beginners of German language and better than all the other audiobooks I laid my hands on. It's quite slow paced, with sufficient pauses for the listeners to recall the answers before the phrases are a
Tariq Mahmood
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: german
Paul's method gets you talking German in a few days, which gives you a lot of confidence. The only issue is that I bought an Audible version which makes it slightly challenging to learn the German spellings, so I guess the best way is to listen to the book along with a printed copy.
Tony
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book. The methods are stress free and the lessons are incredible.
Tanvi
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I went through the audible version of this book with my A1 classes. Paul explains concepts in a way that is very helpful for the English reader. The book touches upon almost all basic principles, though do not expect it to build a huge vocab for you. Simple principles of Dativ & Akkusativ are very helpful. It cannot replace a real course, but a must add if you are seriously learning the language.
Though most of the time I listened to it at almost 1.6x the speed cos things were a bit slow for
Lennart
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really good way to get an introduction to the German language. There's lots of repetition and the progression is not too fast. I only wish that he'd use some of the grammatical names for the things he introduced, instead of only referring to grammar rules as 'sex change rule' etc. If you've studied other languages it'd be helpful to have the proper names. Other than that, I can highly recommend the course. I listened to it during long walks while being on paternity leave, and it wasn't too fast ...more
Ciara Lawler
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Paul Noble delivers again with this course - I listened to this before heading to Germany and while I had a little bit of knowledge before, this book was excellent. Paul's way of explaining German grammar is excellent and made it easier for me to understand. He really understands the difficulties of the langauge. I couldn't recommend it enough.
Amy Mortensen
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this audiobook if you are wanting to learn German. All phrases are spoken by a native speaker so you learn the correct pronunciation. He also prompts you to say them out loud with him so you are confident in speaking German by the end of the audiobook! I LOVED IT and highly recommend any language course by Paul Noble!!
Kendall
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
The course is so well designed. It teaches you how to work with and think in the language, building on what you know to deduce what you need to know. It made German cases much more comprehensible than when I learned them in college. The only fault is that it was not longer and even more complete.
Lawrence
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Super fun and engaging way to get an intro to a language!
Abdullah Khasawneh
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
The Michel Thomas method badly executed.

(I still can't speak German, in case you're wondering.)
Kristy
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I cannot say enough good things about this audiobook. Normally, I am a print on the page kind of gal and would have maintained I couldn't learn as well auditorily. However, this is the perfect way to learn to speak another language. From the get-go, you feel like you are actually speaking the language, even though you may only know a phrase or two at first.

Noble goes at a very slow pace and asks that listeners NOT bother to remember what they are learning. He says to let go of the memorization
Storystitcher
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
I think this German series is completely underrated. This 12 disc series helped me a ton. I had been listening to the Pimsleur German 1 but did not find the grammar explanations I needed to help me really understand how the German language really functions; maybe they just come later on and I was being impatient. Regardless, Paul Noble explains grammar so easily. Some people may say he was too repetitive but I had no problem with it as all audio courses are going to be that way. Now I feel bette ...more
Becky