Start by marking “Graced Filled Marriage: The Missing Piece, The Place to Start” as Want to Read:
Graced Filled Marriage: The Missing Piece, The Place to Start

Graced Filled Marriage: The Missing Piece, The Place to Start

There are few places on the planet where grace is less often expressed than in marriage. We often show more grace to our competitors in sports, politics and business than we do to our husbands or wives. Think about it . . .. What does grace have to do with marriage? Vital elements like forgiveness, security, significance, acceptance, approval, intimacy-all are words of gra ...more
Published September 10th 2013 by Worthy Books

To ask other readers questions about Graced Filled Marriage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Graced Filled Marriage

Laura Langley
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've recently been awakening to grace and the magnitude of what it really means to know and experience God's grace and how it should affect the way I live. As I read the Kimmels' book, "Grace-Filled Marriage," I grew increasingly exited because it gave me practical ways to apply grace on a daily basis.

Part 1 of the book, "What's Grace Got to do With It?," builds the case for why we should have grace-filled marriages--because God bestows His mind-boggling grace on us. The Kimmels say, "Most of us
Petermathieson
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a great book on Christian marriage. It did a good job of combining stories, theology, scripture and practical teaching together into an easy read. It had a clear focus and was well laid out. I would recommend it.
Shannon
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book matched what I believed to be the best book on marriage ever - Sacred Influence. This will be what I will be buying as a wedding gift from now on out. I’ve raved about it while reading it and already have several friends lined up to pass it on to next. A must-read for relationships. This book contains simple Truths pointing to the power to save a marriage and marriage in general. God-honoring, Biblical, practical, life-changing and real. I loved it.
Sergiu Năstruţ
Harul parcă nu iese la socoteală, parcă nu are sens.
Așa se explică, probabil, de ce majoritatea cuplurilor se sfiesc să așeze harul la temelia relației lor. Este contraintuitiv. Pe deasupra, mai este și intimidant. Harul este atât de...altruist. Preferăm matematica simplă din spatele dinamicii cauză-efect dintr-o relație. Dacă tu îmi faci o favoare, îți fac și eu. Ingredientul care lipsește în cele mai multe căsnicii nu este dragostea, ci harul.
Brittany
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
While each chapter had a nugget or two that was really good to hear and apply, for the most part, the book was unorganized, overly-wordy, and kind of confusing. Kimmel's thoughts about grace and marriage are great and there are some things I'll remember and continue to work through, but he just takes too long to actually say them. It's not a very concise book, and could have been about half the length it was and would have still said what it needed to say.
Lauren
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the best marriage books I’ve read. There are some really unique but important ideas in here. Really encouraging! Tim Kimmel also does a great job of exposing sinful ways we treat our spouse and opportunities for growth while remaining humble and relatable.
Jessica
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
This is generally a pretty simple book, but there are certainly some tidbits of wisdom.
Eboni
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Our Marriage Enrichment Group read this for our year long bible study. Really enjoyed the self reflection and class discussions the book prompted.
Lisa Kinlin
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great study

Get the workbook too, the practical exercises and discussion questions are extremely important as well as helpful. Very helpful book.
Jennine G. (Living On Purpose)
I received this book from the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review.

Grace - undeserved, but much needed. Usually easy to receive, makes life better for everyone involved and yet, it's hard to give. As I began to close out (for the most part) my year long reading journey of relationship building, Grace Filled Marriage had me at Grace. I know I need grace and appreciate it for myself, but I fight against giving it at times, if I think of giving it at all.

Kimmel, along with his wife, lays ou
Kelsy Morrison
It was OK. I appreciate the lack of overt man-leads/woman-submits model so common in Christian marriage books. However, I suspect that the author and his wife each have personalities that easily fall within the stereotypical gender model, leading the assumptions & advice to resonate only for those within similar marriages. Throughout much of the book, the author uses examples of people he's counseled to demonstrate what marriages without grace look like, and his own marriage as an example of ...more
Beth Strand
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
”Grace-Filled Marriage” Offers Fresh and Healing Insights
If you’ve been married very long, you’ve probably either read or heard of some book that offers a “step program” towards having the perfect marriage. Well, the good news is that “Grace Filled Marriage” isn’t one of those books. Instead, it’s a well-written, entertaining and insightful look at why so many couples struggle. In a nutshell, the element of Grace is often lacking in those relationships closest to us. Tim and Darcy Kimmel provide
Daniel
Jul 28, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marriage
As I read Kimmel's summary of his book at the very end, some things made more sense, so maybe I wished he used that as an intro and explained what the book is all about, and how it was structured.

His premise that we need more grace and not more love in our marriage was a bit confusing as later he went to describe that same grace with all the qualities of love in 1Cor 13, so I wasn't sure what he really means by grace. He says grace, but means love ;-)

The lack of his/their personal failures was a
Jill
Dec 22, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the book and if I slow down to think about it enough, there are a lot of applicable ideas here. I didn't find anything earth shattering or new--probably because I am familiar with the author's overall message of Grace as it pertains to parenting. He applies a lot of the same ideas and frameworks to marriage--which makes sense give that the overall message of the gospel is that of Grace and the author's overall message is to live out the gospel.

Worth a read and I am excited to unpack t
Lief
Sep 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Read this book with a fun, little marriage group Lisa and I have joined. I agree with and enjoyed the message conveyed though the author has a very wordy way to share it. Recalling the meat of the chapters was difficult at times since the message gets wound up and mashed through stories which don't seem to clearly illustrate the point.

Be patient though - the last chapter and epilogue wrap it all up very nicely. 3 stars because some parts were a bit of a slog, but good stuff overall.
Catherine Gillespie
Jan 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: marriage
If you’ve read any of Tim Kimmel’s other books, Grace Filled Marriage will feel familiar to you. In this book, Kimmel applies his ideas about grace-filled relationships to marriage, and even if the concepts are not new to you, the book is a good reminder to watch the lenses we use and extend grace to our spouses.

{Read my full review here}
Brent Soderstrum
My wife and I read this book for our couples Bible study group. I was disappointed in it. I loved the concept of grace being extended in marriage like God extends us grace. We should keep that at the forefront of our marriages. However, this book just didn't flow smoothly. I came across very disjointed.

It is about God and marriage so even a disappointing book like this is still worth the read. I am extending grace to the author.
Phil Shields
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent book on marriage. If you are in need of a book to recommend to couples, or are needing a pick up as a couple, or things are good and you just want to continue to get better in your marriage I recommend this read. Tim Kimmel does a great job getting to the foundation of a good marriage. It must be built on the foundation of grace as well as allowing grace to blossom each day.
Joanna Vanderpool
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
First of all, I completely agree with the importance of a grace-filled marriage. However, everything written in this book was very common sense - nothing earth shattering - and the writing style is incredibly disjointed and off. I was bored with the tangents / stories and the very round-about way of writing.
Charissa
Oct 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Good book on marriage and how to show grace to your spouse (and improve your marriage for both of you). Information-wise a very good read but I didn't care much for the writing style. Definitely worth my time to read this.
Diana
Sep 20, 2013 rated it really liked it

This was a very interesting book, I had not thought about His Grace when I started reading this book. I really think the book is on track, if both spouses want a Grace filled Marriage. I highly recommend reading this book.
Very easy to read and understand.
Mark
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I will be rereading this one to keep it fresh in the front of my mind. This isn't your typical love your spouse book. We need to make sure that God is the focus of our lives and that will make loving your spouse (and others) easier. I would recommend this book to all couples.
Dave Neff
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding and Graciously Challenging!

Excellent read ... Most encouraging! Encourage every husband and wife to read this book ASAP! It could remake your marriage in wonderful ways!!!
Michelle
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is different because it focuses not so much on our relationship with another person as how our relationship with God shapes our marriage
Charisse Murray
Sep 20, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: starting-next
I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Bridget
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was recommended to me by a friend. It was difficult to stay focused on this book. And much of the content is common sense.
Heather
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-ebook
A helpful book. I wish that I would have read it earlier in my marriage.
Kenneth Hastings
Nov 04, 2015
Amber Young
Mar 05, 2016
Ross
Dec 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Beyond Ordinary: When a Good Marriage Just Isn't Good Enough
  • Opening the Door to Your God-Sized Dream: 40 Days of Encouragement for Your Heart
  • Your Girl: Raising a Godly Daughter in an Ungodly World
  • A Marriage Without Regrets: No matter where you are or where you've been, you can have…
  • An Untroubled Heart: Finding a Faith That Is Stronger Than All My Fears
  • Close Calls: What Adulterers Want You to Know About Protecting Your Marriage
  • The Savoy Kitchen - A Family History of Cajun Food
  • You Don't Know Me Like That
  • The Essential Cake Boss: Recipes & Techniques You Absolutely Have to Know to Bake Like the Boss
  • In Capable Arms: Living a Life Embraced by Grace
  • Lifelong Love Affair: How to Have a Passionate and Deeply Rewarding Marriage
  • Spiritual Warfare: The Battle for God's Glory
  • Capture His Heart: Becoming the Godly Wife Your Husband Desires
  • The Marriage Builder
  • My Heart's at Home: Becoming the Intentional Mom Your Family Needs
  • When Will My Life Not Suck?: Authentic Hope for the Disillusioned
  • The Outmate
  • Your Heart's Desire: 14 Truths That Will Forever Change the Way You Love and Are Loved

Dr. Tim Kimmel is one of America's top advocates speaking for the family. He is the Executive Director of Family Matters, whose goal is to build great relationships by educating, equipping and encouraging families for every age and stage of life. Tim conducts conferences across the country on the unique pressures that confront today's families. His conferences include: Home Improvement: Building a
“Love is the commitment of my will to your needs and best interests, regardless of the cost.” 1 likes
“God doesn’t treat us the way we typically treat each other. Yet if we’ve placed our faith in Christ and his transforming work on the cross, we should be filled with grace as we relate to our spouse—especially” 0 likes