Start by marking “Paris Love Match” as Want to Read:

Piers Chapman had seen Paris,
In pictures,
In movies,
In books.
What he hadn't seen was the mobster.
Or the dictator.
Or the trained killers.
Or the diamonds they were chasing.
But it was Paris,
The city of light,
The city of love.
And a girl had already stolen his heart.
What could possibly go wrong?

Getting a taxi in Paris can be hell. Piers Chapman expected a boring business trip
Published May 2nd 2013 by Bandit Publishing (first published April 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Paris Love Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paris Love Match

Start your review of Paris Love Match
Jillian Dodd
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is just adorable. It's like Romancing the Stone through Paris. A crazy, funny, sweet little caper.
Piers is just a normal guy. A little nerdy but cute. He's in Paris to update software at a construction site. Then there's Sidney. Gorgeous, smart, sassy, a little broken but working hard to make her dreams come true. The kind of girl that would probably not look twice at Piers.
But fate throws them together when they both get in the same cab. They are arguing about who gets the cab and w
Erica Alyson
Shelves: young-adult, suspense
I really really loved this book. I couldn't put it down!!! From the very first page I was hooked it just sucks you right in and never lets you go until the last page.

It was action packed and I loved every minute of it.

Sidney and Piers are amazing main characters and they are very entertaining. Both looking for a taxi that Piers gets to first but Sidney has had a rough day and insist it is her taxi. While arguing a crazy turn of events takes place that lays the foundation for this wonderful boo
Asheley
Because I have recently been to New York City, I can say for sure that I was able to experience what it was like when someone actually stole my taxi. Yep, it's true. And this is what happened in the beginning of Paris Love Match - sort of.

This excerpt is part of my 2013 Contemporary Month Event and is taken from my review on Into the Hall of Books. Read more here: http://www.intothehallofbooks.com/201...

See, Piers and Sidney are in a bit of a bickering match over exactly who has the right to th
Christine
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
If I gave half stars I would say this was a solid three and a half for me. However, I do not do halves so I have rounded up to four, simply because it did make me laugh several times and I love Piers.

I thought Piers was lovely, and I really liked his character. He was believable and so funny. Sidney... well she annoyed me. I know at the start her character was all about herself. And I understand that, I do. It's just that there were times when I felt like she was a little over the top. They were
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Paris Love Match is a great summer read. I mean who does not want to go to Paris? Paris is such a beautiful place and the setting of this great book. I laughed so hard reading PLM because it is full of action, drama, and suspense that it will leave you laughing and wondering what is going on when the two unlikeliest of people get together and have to work together to solve a mystery.

Piers is a computer geek and he is in Paris to update some software for his company at a construction site. He is
Desiree
May 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jennifer
I Love Lucy meet the Goonies. The cheeky comedy in this book is brilliant. This would make a fabulous movie.

Paris Love Match takes us on an outrageous run through Paris with Piers and Sidney, in a fight for their life.

Sidney, I loved her! She is an over-the-top kind of character, fast talking, arms flailing, sassy, ditsy kinda girl (Lucille Ball). Piers is a stiff, awkward Brit who wants more than anything to get back to his "normal" life. He is brilliant and more capable than he gives himself c
Venus a.k.a Ryia
My rating : 3.8 stars
Genre : Contemporary romance
Steamy factors : (Long, hard )and (soft, gentle) kisses

The book is a fun. I especially recommend this book to those who have just finished a heavy read and want to go through a light but nice read to cool off the hangover from the last book.

Characters :

Bèbè ✦ RANT  ✦
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-copies
Overall score: 4.5 Stars

This has to be one of the most exciting books that I have read in awhile and I absolutely loved it! From the moment I started reading this book, it was an absolute craziness!! Piers is your average guy who works and pretty much has nothing else planned in life because he's just "average". But that all changes when he gets in a taxi and sees a girl - no, a beautiful angel that simply said: "Get the fuck out, this is my taxi". Next thing they know, they are being shot at an
Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)
This is definitely far from what I was expecting to read upon turning the first page. It might have it all: the action, adventure, romance, and mystery, murder trails due to politics and deceit but it lacks that certain enthusiasm that gives the readers a push or even a shove to continue reading.

Yes, the beginning is quite funny and it’s entertaining to see the characters but the story itself with all those mobsters and politician and missing things wasn’t that catchy – it’s missing something. T
Beth
May 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ba-books
Paris Love Match takes two strangers on a wild caper to find a stolen item through the streets of Paris.

The witty banter between the two main characters as they learn they have to rely on each other to stay alive had me laughing out loud. I really, really want to tell you my favorite line but I don't want to spoil it for you when you get to that part.

The unlikely pair and the side characters of Little and Large make this a refreshingly fun, quick read.

So, if you want to get away from you life fo
Jennifer Cruz
May 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book! It's the first I've read from the wonderfully talented Mr. Nigel Blackwell. Cannot wait to see what else his brilliant mind creates! Great story - it moved along nicely. Piers and Sidney are wonderful and I hope there's another book on the way - there are some unanswered questions, you know! (Shhhh - I know, I know - NO SPOILERS.)
If you haven't read it yet - DO SO NOW. Kudos, Nigel! =)
Rachael
See more of my reviews @ Moosubi Reviews!

If there's one thing about PARIS LOVE MATCH, it's that it's an extremely readable story. I definitely had my separate issues with the book, but ultimately I enjoyed the novel because it was so easy for me to continue reading!

The main thing in the book I had a problem with was Sidney. Maybe I misunderstood her in some way, but to me, she just seemed really shallow! Exhibit A: many times in the novel, instead of, I don't know, maybe trying to find out what
Nina
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, new-adult
The sound of Paris Love Match makes me remember Get Smart movie. You know that action-packed funny movie wherein Anne Hathaway and Steve Carell starred in? Yes, that! Except that Piers and Sidney weren't agents or anything. But their story was hell funny. Instead of making me nervous since they are being harassed by mobs, they made me laugh A LOT because of their clumsiness and their sort-of awkwardness. Yet they're cute, you know. Cute!

Piers and Sidney were forced to work together to find what
Natalee Grimaldi
★★★

*Received ARC for blog tour and exchange for honest review*

Paris Love Match was a charming, whirl-wind read. One of the funniest and most outrageous plot I've ever read.

This story is told in third-person view, and follows a crazy duo through the streets of Paris. Piers and Sydney, after meeting by fighting over a cab, encounter a string of events that leads them on a wild chase to find a missing stolen painting all the while being hunted by mobsters.

This plot was utterly ridiculous, and not
Stephanie- The Boyfriend Bookmark
You want to talk about a bad day? Oh my. Sidney was having a very bad day. She thought it would be a great day, she had a job interview after all... but when the interview when horribly wrong, she hailed a cab. But Piers beat her to the car and she had just about had enough. She got in the car and demanded he get out... but one bad day leads to two... Now they both were going to have a very bad day when someone else gets in the car with them. There's guns fired, people dying and total chaos from ...more
Ellen
Jun 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tours
I loved this! The description refers to the book as a humorous romance, so when I began to read about a Russian dictator, the mob, guns, and murder, I wasn't sure where the humor was, but let me tell you the stage is set for one of the most entertaining books I have read in quite some time. When Piers Champman and Sidney Roux wind up in the same cab, arguing over who got there first and whose cab it actually was, needless to say they were shocked and quite taken by surprise when a man with a gun ...more
Renee Elden
Shelves: facebook-reads
I had no idea what this story was about or anything about the author. If it wasn’t for Author Jillian Dodd I would never have looked for this book or this author. I’m so very glad she turned me onto Nigel Blackwell. With that said, I really really ENJOYED this book. I couldn't put it down! It was action packed and I loved every minute of it. The beginning is quite funny and very entertaining, which only drew me into the storyline quicker. I’d say it was crazy, unexpected love, funny, witty, the ...more
Samantha ♔ Sam's Book Basket
A sad disappointment but a very easy read.

"Paris is not a city. It's an idea, a dream, a hope."

I'm so sorry to say but, the blurb sounded so amazing and I was really looking forward to dive into this book, expecting it to be action-packed, hot and also romantic. Unfortunately, it was neither of those. The characters were okay even though the idea of the plot was great! I'm just so sad to be writing this review.

I honestly freaking loved Piers. He was so adorable! He was awkward and od
loveandstolenkisses
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really, really enjoyed reading this story.
It was fast paced, funny and scary at times.

Piers is in Paris to Work on a crane for his Company. Turns out he arrived a day to early, but suddenly going from his biggest concern to how to get time passing, and the fact that he didn´t remember his camera - he suddenly gets a new and much bigger concern, when he is in the middle of a gunfight. A REAL gunfight. Someone dies. He and the lady (Sydney) he shared the taxi with are the next in line. The mobs
Romancerwblog
A suspenseful and thrilling story with a touch of humor and romance…

Paris Love Match follows two strangers, Piers and Sydney, who are accidentally thrown together as targets when a bleeding man being chased by the mob jumps into a cab they have already been fighting over. The story continues following Piers and Sydney as they work together to not only stay alive but also recover the stolen goods they were wrongfully accused of taking.

Overall this was a very entertaining read. Nigel’s writing is
Jillian (NetGalley Addict)
This book was part of a blog tour I received a copy for my honest review
3 1/2 stars

This book starts out with seeing the pov of a few different people then we see Piers and Sidney both trying to get a taxi, from there thing take off and become fast paced and hectic. Piers and Sidney are thrown together running from mobsters and trying to stay alive. This book was fast paced, humorous and highly entertaining. Piers is a huge geek, not buff or strong so he is not your normal hero type male. I liked
Mint Bkk
Apr 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Paris Love Match was a funny, witty, crazy, lovely, fast paced action read. :)

The main action part had a span of about two days. And all about coincidence. Piers was an English engineer. He was in Paris to update the software of a construction site. Sydney was, well according to Piers, "maddening, infuriating, moody, yet exciting, vibrant, thrilling. She was cool and fashionable and worldly."

All started because he went in the taxi. She went in his taxi. And Augustus, the guy who stole the painti
Irene
OMG the mischief those 2 got into.

Sidney and Piers who went to hail a taxi and grabbed the same one. They each said it was their taxi and neither one wanted to leave. Little did they know their lives would change within a few minutes.

That taxi ride turned out to take them on a thrill ride all over Paris. Between mobsters hunting them down. The police shooting at them. Looking for a lost item they had nothing to do with. Along their journey they got to learn about each other in a way LOL!!

I coul
Jessica Figueroa
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
4.5

Sydney was having a bad day that turned worse when a guy Pier jumped into the same cab as her. What she didnt know what that her day was about to get a whole lot worse when a man jump in with a gun. Suddenly Sydney and Pier are swept up into trouble that connects to the gunman, killer mobs and dictators. The gunman had something the killer mobs and the dictators want and they have a certain time to get what they are looking for, or else.

I loved how easily I was swept up into this book. It is
Carrie
This was a fast moving, action filled story with so many things happening to the characters, it felt a little unbelievable. Piers and Sidney are so antagonistic towards each other I really wondered if the “love” part of the title would ever happen. We are given inklings that maybe Piers feels more for Sidney but she is always a question. Her feelings don’t really show up until near the end though some of her actions throughout could be seen as flirting.

I wasn’t in love with either one of these c
Amanda
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Paris Love Match is a unique suspense thriller with a twist of mystery that makes it unlike anything I have read. I thoroughly enjoyed going through the streets of Paris with Piers and Sidney and their adventure of getting in and out of mischief.

The story is full of exciting adventure that is well described placing the reader right in the middle of a big chase through the streets of Paris with mobsters. Nigel does a great job making you feel as if the story is a movie being played right before
Jasmine Cafe
Apr 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
It's a great story over all. It's funny and action packed.:D Piers is just perfect. Smart sweet and sexy. What kind of nerd has six packed abs??/:) (no offense to nerds with six packed abs) A nerd who plays x-box on Friday nights. I just LOVE <3<3<3<3 Piers.

But Sidney... not so much. I find her really stupid and naive. Sure, she's gorgeous and knows how to steal. But the way she acts usually is really frustrating.:/ I just don't like her much.:/

Well... aside from Sidney the book is great.:D

BTW.
Brenna
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. It was a triple threat..Thrilling, funny, and romantic. Of course it was romantic, it was in the city of love or is it city of lights? Ha so many titles for Paris. I couldn't put Paris Love Match down. It was like a funny version of a James Bond movie. It is a MUST read. I hope there will be more to this book..Please tell me this will be a series please.. :) (yeah it was that good!) I will be doing a full review on my blog June 25th please be sure to check out more ...more
Diane Henders
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Begin with the most stable, predictable human being on the planet: A British engineer. Throw him into a chaotic day of gunplay and wild chases. Add a complicated trail of murder, politics and deceit. Garnish with a beautiful, mercurial woman. Watch the fun begin.

By turns edge-of-the-seat thrilling and laugh-out-loud funny, Paris Love Match has it all: an endearing and believable hero, action, adventure, romance, and a beautifully rendered Paris backdrop. Don't miss this joyride!
Aydrea
Apr 13, 2013 rated it liked it
It was a fun little thriller, not a huge fan of Sidney's though. ...more
Nigel Blackwell was born in rural Oxfordshire in England. He has a love of books, a PhD in Physical Chemistry, and a black belt in pointing out the obvious.

As a teenager he toured France, Austria, and Switzerland, and loved seeing the wonders of the world and the people in it. Since then he has been fortunate enough to travel across Europe, North America, the Middle East, and Japan, and hasn’t be

News & Interviews