Start by marking “Sketching from the Imagination: An Insight into Creative Drawing” as Want to Read:
Sketching from the Imagination: An Insight into Creative Drawing

Sketching from the Imagination: An Insight into Creative Drawing

Concepts are where all great ideas begin. Whether scribbled in a sketch pad or on a napkin, concepts are a way for artists to develop their skills and discover interesting shapes and forms that can be developed into their next masterpiece. In Sketching from the Imagination, 50 talented traditional and digital artists have been chosen to share their sketchbook works, from ...more
Published November 5th 2013 by 3DTotal Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sketching from the Imagination, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sketching from the Imagination

Start your review of Sketching from the Imagination: An Insight into Creative Drawing
Ahmed Omar
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great
Jai
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: art, favorites
Contemporary, relevant, brilliant!
For those who love to draw, who are not looking for a how to, but rather, simply some inspiration (and maybe a little pleasurable art voyeurism).
Mostly fantasy, very little landscape or realistic, some portraiture.
The styles worked for me, but may not for those who prefer more scenery, or who interpret creative drawing as representational images with impressionistic, and or brush-style marks.
Here, it means primarily fantasy, with a fair amount of Sy-Fy, some
Marlena
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
3,5/5 actually.
The sketches are mind-blowing and the book includes many advices for somebody who wants to be more creative. Nonetheless, I think the artists should write more about their artwork and how to improve your techniques.
Henriette Båtefalk
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was a fun quick read and i actually think that a learnd something. It's so intressing to read about all of the diffrent artist and i feel so inspired. I wished that we could see more of how the final sketch got developed. And the text's feelt repetitiv sometimes.
Harry Hipkin
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Amazing drawings in here, the level of detail and the sheer weirdness of the images make it a visual delight.
David Carvalho
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Artists, Students, Art-Lovers and Just about anyone.
Recommended to David by: Found it onilne
The Book Review
Sketching from the Imagination: An Insight into Creative Drawing, Is a must have for any Doodler, Artist or Graphic Designer. It's a great tool to be used to be inspired by the amount of rich content put into the book. There are 50 Artists that have contributed their own art and some of them have even put art at the early stages of the design and creation process. There is a brief write-up by the artist (About half a page) varying from: How they get their inspiration or/and what
Ben
Oct 10, 2016 rated it liked it
This could have used a little more editing, and the "insight" promised in the title wasn't terribly profound. Those gripes aside, I'm usually a sucker for some good sketchbook pages and there's a decent amount of variety on display here. Also, hearing artists speak at all (however briefly) about what inspires them and guides the beginnings of their ideas is always welcome.
Nicholas
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Best art book I've read all year. Hands down some of the most inspirational and educational examples collected on pages between a cover.
Bizzaro!
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've been lugging this book around with me for several months now. Always great to look through and get the creativity jumpstarted.
Sam Torrejos
Jun 11, 2018
Angie
Sep 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Dragon Ball Z, Vol. 9: The Wrath of Freeza (Dragon Ball Z, #9)
  • Kettlebell - Simple & Sinister
  • The Baseball Codes: Beanballs, Sign Stealing, and Bench-Clearing Brawls: The Unwritten Rules of America's Pastime
  • Batman: Damned
  • The Ultimate Concept Art Career Guide
  • Star Wars Art: Concept
  • Big Bad World of Concept Art for Video Games: An Insider's Guide for Students
  • The Big Bad World of Concept Art for Video Games: How to Start Your Career as a Concept Artist
  • How to Draw: Drawing and Sketching Objects and Environments from Your Imagination
  • d'artiste Concept Art: Digital Artists Master Class
  • The Functional Art: An Introduction to Information Graphics and Visualization
  • How to Be an Illustrator
  • I Married My Best Friend to Shut My Parents Up
  • ノラガミ 17 (Noragami: Stray God, #17)
  • The People Vs Tech: How the Internet Is Killing Democracy (and How We Save It)
  • Jak na sítě