Start by marking “In The Flesh” as Want to Read:
In The Flesh

In The Flesh

Published September 24th 2013 by Kensington (first published June 2nd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about In The Flesh, please sign up.
Amee Not at this point. Would be cool to see a sequel at some point though!

Ninoska Goris
Oct 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: erotica
Los libros de Sylvia Day son eroticos, pero en este libro eso es prácticamente lo único que hay, llegando a ser repetitivo. Está ambientado en un mundo futurista del cual se conoce muy poco.

Aquí lo importante en el libro: Sapphire fue la concubina favorita del rey de Sari, una guerrera altamente entrenada, conocedora de las artes sensuales y, por demás, preciosa. Wulfric es el príncipe heredero de D'Ashier, reino rival de Sari, es el encargado de las fuerzas armadas, peligroso, enigmático y, co
Maria
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Seriously, where is the sequel??
Kathleen
Jul 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story Rating 4 Stars
Romance Rating 4 Stars
Character Rating 4 Stars
Heat Rating 5 sizzling Stars
Action Rating 4 Stars
Overall Rating 4 Stars

Once again Sylvia Day wrote one HOT SCORCHER of a book. There's just something about her Sex/Loves scenes that I'll never get enough of. They are very raw and extremely sexual. OK so I really liked the story but LOVED the heat, hahahahaha. No really the story was very good too and both the H&h very good characters. You could really feel the need these two h
Ninoska Goris
Mar 04, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
“Te necesito en mi vida para ser feliz. Es tan sencillo y tan complicado como eso.”

Ssil
Jul 04, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
¡Qué historia tan pobre! Sexo, sexo y más sexo. Un contexto del que no sabemos nada, conflictos previsibles, con potencial, pero nada desarrollados y solucionados en un par de páginas. Y sexo, sexo y sexo.

reseña: http://loquequierahoy.blogspot.com.es...
Katie(babs)
Sapphire is the royal concubine of the King of Sari. Sapphire was trained in the art of seduction at the Sensual Arts School. Because of the drawn out war between Sari and the D’Ashier colony, Sapphire never thought she would become a concubine because to own one was a luxury most could not afford. Sari and D’Ashier have been enemies for two centuries ever since D’Ashier started a revolution where they could be free of Sari. Even after the war ended between the two, there is still a deep animosi ...more
Tasmin
Feb 22, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Auf S. 166 abgebrochen. Bitte entschuldigt mich, während ich kotzen gehe.
Mojca
*******Update 07/04: On second re-read I found myaself appreciating this book a little bit more...So 4 stars it is.*******

King of Sari's favorite concubine (and by the same king's proclamation his karisette - one true love), Sapphire is released after five years of service with a great retiring plan. A house of her own, no need to search for a new protector, and fourteen men at her very beck and call.

Unfortunately one of those men is none other than the crown prince of D'Ashier, Wulfric, who's b
Eva Rose
The plot of this book is thin and it stumbles all over the place trying to make sense. The characterization of the characters was also all over the place and sometimes didn't even make sense. There was so much sex, like way too much sex, and so repetitive. It was also the only interaction that main couple had, every single interaction devolved into sex and it got ridiculous when they profess their supposed undying love for reach other when everything revolved around sex. I guess I was expecting ...more
Nicole
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wait... there's a sequel right?..... RIGHT?!!
Nicola
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
* ARC provided in exchange for an honest review*

This book was previously released back in June 2009 under a Pseudonym of Sylvia Day's - Livia Dare. It's since been re-released in the US on the 24th September 2013 and in the UK on 24th October 2013.

If you are a regular reader of Sylvia Day you will know what to expect in terms of the sexual content of this book. Like all Sylvia Day books, In The Flesh is HOT! Incredibly sensual, explicit, evocative and utterly addictive.

It is set in a futuristic
Desere
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Another super scorching hot read from the ultimate author in erotic fiction! For five long years Sapphire has been the King of Sari's most treasure concubine.

But once that wonderful feeling of freedom hits she is dead set on never ever again being controlled again.

But when she comes face to face with Wulfric and his sensual games she becomes a warrior trapped in a war and the only way out is to surrender.

I simply loved, loved, loved this books and it's characters! The author tied it all in toge
Natalia
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Review on In the Flesh by Sylvia Day:
- started with a 20 pg prologue (!!!)
- writing was great
- the first few chapters were great
- it went downhill when the love interest Wulf turns out to be an anti-feminist asshole, manipulating Sapphire (protag) into having sex
- Sapphire's agency and independence is robbed. There are only a few glimpses of her being a badass warrior.
- internalised misogyny
- sex scenes started off great but became repetitive, boring and blocking the progress of the plot
MaggieReadsRom
An ambush-attack on Wulfric when he accompanies a patrol to the borderlands between D'Ashier and Sari and a devious plan of a jealous Queen bring Wulfric and Sapphire together. Wulfric is offered to Sapphire as a servant when the Queen forces her husband to relieve Sapphire from her duties as his concubine. When they find out their respective identities, things get complicated. Wulf returns to his homeland but finds out he can't live without Sapphire and takes her with him against her will. The ...more
Lindap
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

King of Sari's favorite concubine is Sapphire. She’s been his one and only concubine for 5 years. The major problem with that is the King needs to produce an heir and he has no desire to bed his Queen.

Wulfric “Wulf” is the Prince of D'Ashier and is captured during an ambush at the borderland between D’Asheir and Sari.

The Queen insists the King give up Sapphire because it’s hindering the production of an heir. Sapphire is released from her contract, retired, and given a home of her own.
Bookaholics
Jun 02, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the Flesh by Livia Dare
Futuristic Romance- June 2nd, 2009
4 stars

Theirs is a dangerous, forbidden love.

Sapphire is a trained concubine renowned because she holds the love of the King of Sari. For her, the King is a job and she can never love him because he only sees her as a possession. She does not regret becoming a concubine but has discovered that she does miss her independence. When the jealous Queen of Sari retires her and gives Sapphire her own palace, she is at first joyous. Freedom
Kerry
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given an advance copy of this book for my honest opinion. In The Flesh, Sylvia Day's romantic forage into science fantasy is deliciously sexy and enticing. I was a bit unsure about what to expect as I began reading this book, but it's another Sylvia Day masterpiece. Katie or Sapphire as she is more widely known, concubine of one king and now lover to Prince Wulfric. Highly trained in combat skills by her father, a general in the King's army, Katie is a seductress and a magnificent warrior. ...more
Patti Ashley
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great read

This is not the simple girl meets king and they are happy forever after.Sapphire is concubine to one king when she meets a man she believes is a slave. Turns out he is the enemy king and a man she can truly love. Sapphire has to consider giving up everything, her world, her family. She realizes that this is all worth it if she can be the equal of the man she loves. It is not an easy journey.
This is supposed to be a trilogy but it has been five years. At least the story did not e
Jujubee
Sylvia Day's stories never disappoint. I rated this three stars because of the intrigue and world building and I was glad I read it. Yes, there is hot action...Yet the relationships just didn't do it for me. I don't know if that is because it isn't a contemporary romance (which SD is clearly best at) or that the *world* itself was so distant that the relationships seemed distant also. Head scratcher.
Suwayda
I thought I'd enjoy this book, but no. The male protagonist is so possessive and the relationship Sapphire and Wulfric have comes across as an abusive one. He treats her really badly and less than a human being. I just couldn't finish this book. If we Wulfric hadn't of been such a prick, I might have enjoyed it a bit more.
Gisele
Dec 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
Sylvia Day es la reina de la erótica. Hubiese querido que la trama fuese mas desarrollada porque es un tanto simple y tenia potencial. Habria quedado perfecto si tuviera más drama, acción y suspenso para tener ese impacto lector... Aunque las escenas de amore compensan mucho ;) ;) Es lo único. Sylvia Day es una crack en ese aspecto jajaja.
Pikolina
Bueno, pues he de decir, que la historia me ha entretenido bastante, porque me ha parecido original, pero no era lo que esperaba cuando leí la sinopsis.
Me gusta el estilo de escritura de Sylvia, pero me gustan las historias más romanticas y no tan eróticas, me parece que tantas escenas de sexo frio le quitan gracia a la historia en sí.
No obstante, me parece que no ha estado mal.
Charlotte Smith
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a book I expected from ms day. A good book and one that I wanted to read and couldn't put down once I started it.
A book that starts off with a story line that surprised me but turns out good in the end.
Beth
Mar 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this short story. The author kept me invested in the outcome in this inventive new world.
Nonieღserenity2bliss
Story wise, I've read better stuff from the author. But I adored Katie and Wulf. Their chemistry is undeniable! Anyone know if there'll be a second book?
Cyn Romero
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pesar de algunos momentos WTF, es una historia muy interesante. Me gustaron las escenas de acción y la ambientación futurista. Me gustaría ver más de Wulf y Sapphire.
Paranormal Romance
Gifted her own castle by the queen, the heroine knows that's because she is a threat to the kingdom. As a favorite to the King, the heroine threatened the monarch so she was removed from the picture. This is suitable to the heroine however, as she longs for freedom and the oppressive obsession of men and their desires. In her new house, she feels hope for the future. Then she discovers that one of the soldiers sent to protect her is not a soldier at all but rather the Prince of the rival Kingdom ...more
Bree T
Sapphire is the most prized concubine of the King of Sari. For the past five years ever since he purchased her contract and took her into his bed, he has visited no other, not even his wife the Queen. However the kingdom of Sari requires an heir that must be conceived via natural methods and for that reason, the Queen engineers the removal of Sapphire from the palace. The King retires Sapphire, which grants her the independence that she so desperately desires. However, in her new luxurious accom ...more
Cindy
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Katie is know as Sapphire the concubine from the king, but on the day he sets her free, she is set up by the queen.

The queen gives her a dangerous gift Wulfric the crown prince of the next country, a country they are at war at. The queen thinks he will kill her, but the opposite happens, the moment they meet him recovering from the death and she watching him, sparks fly high between them. From that moment they get even more and more.
But a romance is forbidden en dangerous. Next to that they have
Bridgit
Nov 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
The book lacked details on the kind of world it was set. It may be a part of a series that i dont know of, but for first time reader of the author, there is no proper description on what kind of universe or planet they live. It talked about dessert but doesnt really describe a terrain - maybe it set in mars.
There was no foreground to describe the generation or technology the book is meant to be at.
Overall, i wasn’t really so satisfied of the story..i stopped reading for days and tempted not to
  • Pure Healing (Pure/ Dark Ones #1)
  • Warfare and Sin City (Marked #3.2, #3.5)
  • Alluring Tales: Hot Holiday Nights
  • Magic and Mayhem
  • Erotic Deception
  • Siren Song
  • The Devil's Masquerade: The Poison (The Devil's Eyes, #4)
  • Dark Harvest (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist, #3)
  • Degrees of Wrong
  • The Promise of Love (Includes: Fast Track, #4.5; Shadow Stalkers, #1)
  • A Deadly Whisper (The Watchers, #1)
  • Her Old-Fashioned Boss (Old Fashion Man, #4)
  • Breath of Fire
  • Blood Before Sunrise (Shaede Assassin, #2)
  • The Plus One Chronicles Boxed Set (The Plus One Chronicles, #1-3)
  • Prince of Ice (Tale of the Demon World, #3)
  • Wicked Reads
  • Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5)
Livia Dare is the pseudonym of #1 New York Times and #1 international bestselling author Sylvia Day.
“Think with your other brain” 1 likes
“Oh hell." He gasped, his back arching, his balls drawing up painfully tight. "Don't make me come too quickly.” 1 likes