Start by marking “There Are No Sad Dogs in Heaven: Finding Comfort After the Loss of a Pet” as Want to Read:
There Are No Sad Dogs in Heaven: Finding Comfort After the Loss of a Pet

There Are No Sad Dogs in Heaven: Finding Comfort After the Loss of a Pet

Our pets are part of the family. For many they’re as close as children; for some they may be our only children. And while most of us can expect that our children will outlive us, sadly, our pets almost never do.

Losing a pet can be as difficult as losing any other family member; we grieve, we miss them, and, mostly, we want closure, to know that our furry, feathered, or sca
Published September 3rd 2013 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about There Are No Sad Dogs in Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about There Are No Sad Dogs in Heaven

Start your review of There Are No Sad Dogs in Heaven: Finding Comfort After the Loss of a Pet
Msdot
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
I'm having mixed feelings about this book. Part of me didn't believe half of the things written here. She sounded like a bogus medium that just take advantage of vulnerable griefing pet owners. . But in the same time, what she did say to these pet owners did bring comfort and some peace. Even as I read some of her words, I thoughf of my dying or deceased pets and I cried a bucket. If anything, I am just glad that this book brings comfort to its readers.
Sabrina
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
Helped me quite a bit.....
Elena Alvarez Dosil
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Review originally published at: http://www.lomeraniel.com/audiobookre...

I didn't know about the author's radio and TV shows, but if I had knew I might have just saved myself from listening to this book. I decided to purchase it seeking comfort after losing our beloved Olive, and it was the first I found about the subject.

For people who believe incredible things, this book may help. For me it was just a lot of mambo jambo. The author claimed that she could speak telepathically to animals, which I
Dogs Rule
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sweet and very much needed read for me!

A book that warmed my heart ... the stories from everyone were sweet, very real and extremely heartfelt. I felt like it could be MY story. Each person truly LOVED their pet as their child and therefore felt the pain intensely. That in itself told me that the writer had everyone’s best interest, including the beloved pet. We all want a feel good story and a happy ending.... but you knew that was t going to happen in this book, so the second best thing is
Marsha De Blieck
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this book the day after my sweet dog Daisy passed away, she was 15,5 years old. She was my first dog and my best friend.

This book helped me a lot through my grieving proces and I cried a lot because a lot of memories popped up.

If you are going to lose a pet or just lost one, this book is a must read. It will help you with your own grieving process. You are not alone and if you feel the need to talk about your pet with family or friends, just do it. Pets are a part of your fami
Sage
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Despite not being certain if Sonya was a charlatan or not until I had a reading with her myself, I found this book very comforting when I read it only two days after my sweet dog Cash passed away.

The stories are repetitive at times but it was an easy, distracting and oddly comforting read when I really needed it.
Lainey
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I want to believe the "communications" in this book but there are so many frauds and money grabbers out there to fully believe.
I guess, unless you experience something for yourself there will always be doubts.
However, reading these stories and how hearing these kind words about their pets living happily in the spirit world heal their broken hearts....how bad can that be?
I just have reservations about the exchange of money to hear these healing words.
Jamie Gogocha
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
This wasn't quite what I was expecting, but there were parts that were helpful for me.
Angie Wilson
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A true life saver during times of loss and grieving.
Viviane Crystal
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Numerous books describe experiences of human beings who have temporarily died and experienced what all refer to as an “afterlife.” Now Sonya Fitzpatrick, a “pet psychic,” offers comfort to the innumerable pet owners who have experienced the devastating loss of a beloved animal. Whether the reader actually has lost a pet or knows of someone else who has suffered that loss, this is a book of comfort, a book of faith. For it is the author’s premise that there is an afterlife that animals share with ...more
Randy M.
Jan 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
When I found my way to this book, I was not aware of the author’s radio and television shows, or her beliefs on the Afterlife. I have recently had to say goodbye to my Border Collie, which has been devastating, and have been trying to find ways to find some solace and heal. I found this book to be helpful in that regard.

However, it must be pointed out that reincarnation is one of the central themes of the stories presented in this book. If this is not one of the tenets of your faith, as is the c
Beatrice
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Sonya Fitzpatrick, she did a personal reading for me when we had our first Sheltie when we lived in the Houston, TX area. That was a long time ago. Our Tyson was around 12 yrs old at the time. She is just unbelievable, I told her nothing on what I was bringing my dog to her. The things she told us he was saying to her was just plain amazing. No way she knew the things that she told us. Anyway our Tyson lived to be almost 15. Our second Sheltie Ozzie had to be put down Oct. 22nd, 2014. He ...more
Cayr
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dogs

In her new book ‘There are no Sad Dogs in Heaven’, famous pet psychic Sonya Fitzpatrick gives messages of hope to pet owners. Fitzpatrick reassures readers that not only do our pets live on in spirit when they die, but they also stay near us.

Fitzpatrick shares stories of private readings she’s had with clients who are struggling after the death of a beloved pet. Many owners blame themselves for their pet’s death, many worry that their pets didn’t know how much they were loved. The pet psychic at
Jo-Ann Murphy
Sep 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the perfect gift for anyone who has lost a pet.

I always learn something from Sonya Fitzpatrick. This is a great book for any pet parent who wonders if their dog hates them, forgives them, or has other lasting negative feelings about them. Sonya is always so positive and supportive. Using many examples, she shows us how forgiving animals are and how we must accept that some things in life are just meant to be and there is little we can do to change it.

Sonya also encourages us to be bette
Shannon
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book after my beloved dog, Naugy, died at 13. I wanted to be comforted and know that he was okay and that he knew how much I loved him, and this book provided just that. With heart-warming and heart-breaking stories of past clients, Sonya gives readers a glimpse into what their pet thinks about during life and after death. She reassures pet owners that they are not forgotten and are still being loved from heaven.
C.J. Corbin
Feb 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I started this book shortly after my Samantha died. It has taken me several months to get through because I would cry every time. Finally finished and I'm at peace with her passing and believe that this book helped me through a difficult journey.
Laura K
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written book by my friend Sonya Fitzpatrick. Her love and compassion for all living beings shines through. If you have ever lost anyone that you love, you will find comfort in this amazing book.
Lisa Norato
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love Sonja Fitzpatrick and all her books and this one is no exception. It's a wonderful comfort to pet lovers and fascinating reading. I still miss Animal Planet's pet psychic show, but it helps that Sonja is still writing books.
C.M. D
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Helpful and hopeful to read after pet loss.
Lori Vanahn
Sep 14, 2013
Robin
Apr 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Dog's Journey (A Dog's Purpose, #2)
  • Understand Alzheimer's: A First-Time Caregiver's Plan to Understand & Prepare for Alzheimer's & Dementia
  • The First Days of School: How to Be An Effective Teacher [with CD]
  • Choosing Donald Trump: God, Anger, Hope, and Why Christian Conservatives Supported Him
  • Negative Self-Talk and How to Change It
  • All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
  • The Heart Speaks: A Cardiologist Reveals the Secret Language of Healing
  • Hugs from Obama: A Photographic Look Back at the Warmth and Wisdom of President Barack Obama
  • PetChiDog's GIANT Book of Chihuahua Care
  • The Magnesium Miracle (Revised and Updated)
  • What to Say When You Talk to Yourself
  • The Woman on the Orient Express
  • The Beach House (Beach House #1)
  • The Amazing Afterlife of Animals; Messages and Signs from our Pets on the Other Side
  • Finding Gobi: The True Story of a Little Dog and an Incredible Journey
  • Gizelle's Bucket List: My Life with a Very Large Dog
  • The Nantucket Inn (Nantucket Beach Plum Cove #1)

News & Interviews