Start by marking “The Loneliest Alpha (The MacKellen Alphas, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Loneliest Alpha (The MacKellen Alphas, #1)

The Loneliest Alpha

(The MacKellen Alphas #1)

One look will change their lives forever.

Lingerie designer Alicia Clarkson just had to open her stupid mouth. Now thanks to trying to defend a fellow pack mate, Alicia’s been blindfolded, tied up, and carted off to the new alpha of the Oregon pack—Gavin MacKellen.

However, the blindfold doesn’t come off so soon as Gavin reveals he’s searching for a mate. But Alicia’s curio
Published June 14th 2013 by T. A. Grey (first published June 11th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Loneliest Alpha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Loneliest Alpha

Ingie
3.8 Stars - a lovely Beauty & Beast story with minimal paranormal elements

I have always loved these Beauty and the Beast stories. There is some extra romantic over them. Is it possible that a beautiful woman chooses one (on the outside) really ugly man? It immediately becomes a large and so heartbreaking drama of it all.

We want so much to belive that magnificent beautiful love - to a beautiful soul and not just a beautiful appearance - will overcome everything. And precisely this offer actu
✿kawehi.reviews
May 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
“Sweetheart, I’m gonna f*ck you till you can’t see straight.”

So before I begin, "The Loneliest Alpha" takes place shortly after book six of the Kategan Alphas. Remember Vanessa Kategan and her marriage to Alpha Joseph Harrington? Well, this is the aftermath of what happens to his pack after he is murdered.

...............
Alicia Clarkson is a passionate lingerie maker who dreams of expanding her business. After opening her mouth by trying to save a female pack member she is then taken to another p
Crystal~BIG book addict~
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
3.5 Stars

This is a Beauty and the Beast story. Alicia is a beautiful lingerie designer. Gavin is the alpha male of his pack with horrific scars on his face. He needs a mate. In order to find a mate, the alphas from other territories send him a female from their pack but the alpha from Alicia's pack sends two of them as Alicia was trying to stop them from kidnapping another female.

Gavin is ashamed of the way he looks and wants someone who can look past his face and love the man he is. Alicia is s
Mo
Sep 04, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS... never know whether round that up or down...

This was a sort of re-telling of Beauty and the Beast. He is scarred on his face. She is beautiful – can she overcome his looks and fall for the sweet, tortured man beneath the surface.

I enjoyed this book. Thought it could have finished up a bit earlier than it did – the last part sort of dragged a bit for me.

[image error]
Was it believable – probably not but then again it is FICTION…

One thing I would say is that this author is doing herself
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
The plot is simple, Alicia has been forcibly sent off to be a possible mate for the MacKellan Alpha. Think of the Bachelor, only werewolf style and you didn't opt in + you don't get to see the bachelor's face. Gavin, the bachelor, is horribly scarred on the face and needs a mate, but it's kind of hard to get a date when women are horrified by your face, hence his dating style of not showing his face. Alicia and her escape antics catch his attention and he sends all the other girls home. He makes ...more
Monika
2 Stars

This whole book confuses me. I love paranormal and lykae pack is one of my favorite. Unfortunately I didn't get this book. This book holds too many different threads from any paranormal books I've read.

First, the alpha of the pack. Being an alpha of the pack means absolute dominant. I know the title is The Loneliest Alpha but I can't get along with the absence of dominance and insecurity of our hero in this book. I can't get connected with him as an alpha of the pack since he couldn't ge
Lelyana
Whoohhoo...I loved the book T.A. Grey wrote and definitely in love with Gavin MacKellen!Swooooon!!!

Winning an alpha fight over Marcus, Gavin MacKellen need a mate. And he wanted Alicia Clarkson for his mate.
But he's got a problem. He 's got a face of a beast, broken ugly face after the fight.
He didn't want Alicia hate him for his face, so he tried to woo her without showing his face.He's hiding his face under his hat, shadow and door between them.

I loved the chemistry between them, and how the
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Solid 4 Stars!

This book is considered paranormal--which isn't my genre of choice, but don't let that deter you. It was very light on the paranormal, almost non-existent. I believe they are lykaens--which is some form of a warewolf. I will also note that I haven't read any other books by this author. I believe this is a spin-off for one of her other series' but can be read as a stand-alone.

The Loneliest Alpha is the story of Alicia and Gavin. Gavin is the alpha for the MacKellen pack. After a tra
Nikki
Ok, first I just want to say this will be a quickie review since I am currently out of town and am short on time on this borrowed computer! :D

I found this book through my news feed one day when a friend liked another GR members' review. I checked out said review and it was great and this book promptly started screaming at me! I was in the middle of another book that was going downhill and fast and was in desperate need of a quick pick-me-up. So I quickly got this book and devoured it! I mean, I
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
This wasn't a bad read. But for me, any rating or gushing over 3 stars concerning this book is overrated.

It started off really well. Quite the teaser of intrigue concerning Gavin & how this thing between he and Alicia could possibly work.

Then after chapter 4 things start to lose it's way a bit. With the intensity going out the window, too much set up for the next book concerning Gavin's sister Hanna, who I wasn't the least bit interested in, so this got on my nerves & caused the book to
Didi
This was so good! I really liked it not just for the great story and sexiness of the alpha, Gavin and his lieutenant, Alex, but for the sweetness of the female characters as well. The heroine Alicia was strong and intelligent but vulnerable enough to be believable. I really liked her.

Gavin was the essential alpha of the pack and despite being the leader he had a very endearing and vulnerable side as well. Disfigurement and lonliness have dictated his life as of recent but I loved seeing how it d
Dhini
3.5 Stars

I liked it

Usually I don't read paranormal romance, unless it has a good story line.

The story was about Gavin, the new Alpha who was looking for a mate.
He had to choose one of several women who delivered to him.
That was when he met with Alicia.

There was some insta-love here. But both of the main characters had issues about trust.

But what I didn't get was his lack of self confidence. And if his woman couldn't accept for who he is, then he shouldn't beg her to stay.

I could not see the para
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Beauty and the Beast was my favorite Disney movie growing up and I still watch it occasionally. I love most of the remakes and am obsessed with the new Emma Watson version so when browsing for another shifter romance, I couldn't not not click on The Loneliest Alpha. It has a sassy beauty who would react like any normal girl who gets packed up and held against her will and a growly big ol' softy beast who just needs love and acceptance.

Both Alicia and Gavin has some crazy hot chemistry burning b
Paris        (kerbytejas)
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014
For those of us that read Paranormal books, and have a leaning towards the lycan themed books, we probably have seen /read many of the plots before. Authors are creative folks, they can create their characters and worlds anyway they want, and its up to the reader to adopt the premises or not.

I want to applaud T.A Grey for putting a spin on the werewolf/shape shifter lycan genre in her first in series book The Loneliest Alpha (The MacKellen Alphas #1). The Lykaen's in this book don’t shift, when
Samantha
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
“I don’t want you to see my face ‘cause I’m an ugly son of a bitch and you’re too pretty to be lookin’ at that.”
Beauty and the Beast move over there’s a new couple in town. Meet Gavin and Alicia.
T.A.Grey has a habit of making you fall in love with her leading men and Gavin may not be your typical handsome hero but by god I dare you not to feel anything for this Alpha male.
What would you do if you were kidnapped, blind folded and tied up?
Well you would fight to get out, beg to be let go to go hom
Bindi Boo
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it

I'm not so sure about this one. I liked it, but there were parts i didn't like. Although paranormal themed, it had minimal paranormal elements and more romance. Infused with a murder mystery and family drama this was a short read for a lazy day.

Gavin McKellar, an alpha lykaen is searching for a mate to complete his rule on his pack. He's looking for a strong minded, confident mate whom he does not necessarily have to love. Sadly, this alpha is not your typical gorgeous man, but, a scar
namericanwordcat
This book dragged like crazy. I was basically interested and then not. I really need much more couple time and less avoidance. Also, the villain was awful as was what happened to the hero in a way that never made sense to me.
Katya
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Patricia
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO ANYONE WHO IS LOOKING FOR A TRULY GREAT READ!

wow, T.A. really handed me my heart with this one! such a great book. it is not often that a book can make me cry, and i bawled like a baby reading this book.
great book 1 in a new series, and so many more characters to drool over until we get their stories.
GAVIN, wow, gavin. i'm almost speechless when it comes to him and his story. i don't think any of the characters t.a. has given us before, touched my hear
-ya
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to -ya by: Amanda (.---.--.-...-)
solid 4-stars
When I read the immortal after dark series, I constantly checked out author's PNR dictionary just to know what is what and who is who. Relax...this book is a nice contemporary romance with little presence of PNR element.

What does it offer?
No lycan shifting or mating ceremony of "You Are Mine!" under the thundering strike.
A scarred hero is loyal, kind, and vulnerable.
A heroine is not whiny.
Drama that make sense
Great dialogue and strong supporting characters
Very well-paced plot lin
SheLove2Read
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
A beauty and the beast story with two flawed characters who find something worth fighting for in each other. I enjoyed it.

I'm definitely interested in reading the next book in the series with Alex and Hanna.
Funzee Shu
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was ok

“Why won’t you let me see your face?”

Once upon a time, there was a man name, Gavin.

Winning “the new alpha” for the pack by defeating – what was his rival name ? Marlon ? Marc? Michael ? Oh, well… - Marcus ? - and soon he must looking for woman who wants to be his mate, to be the “queen” for his new pack.
But with scary scars on is face ?
Will there be a woman who willing to be his mate
Amanda
Aug 19, 2013 rated it liked it

I'm a bit conflicted with my rating for this. I'm an absolutely sucker for Beauty and the Beast storyline, therefore during the first half of the book when the hero tried to hide his face from the heroine and dealing with his insecurities, I was totally sold. It was really that good, the kind that my lady parts tingle and warm. But during the second half, after everything was lay on the table, the story started to lose a bit of steam.

description

Alicia, a lingerie designer was kidnap by her own Pac
carol
Aug 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: I wouldn't until edited properly.
Recommended to carol by: BOM read
I read this as a BOM read with my reading group, and had seen it had such a fan club of reviews so was very positive and looking forward to reading this. It was a long read, and thankfully a free read, which was probably intended as the intro freebie to T.A. Grey's series.
If Ms Gray thought it would entice readers then it won't me, plainly based on error ratio, it drove me nuts, and spoilt what could have been a reasonable read.

The story, is unusual as not werewolf, but Lykeans and have pack ins
Ari Reavis
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own-it
I just wasn't feeling anything in this book.
This was basically no shifter element except from the word 'pack' being used until the veryyy end of the book. The romance felt dead and I skimmed the sex scenes. I SKIMMED a sex scene. Yup. Gavin lacked confidence, which is a characteristic I really value in a man, so I found myself rolling my eyes a lot when Alicia and he interacted, or when I got to read his inner thoughts. Alicia.... Meh. It got a star bump at the end for semi-surprising me about
DemetraP
Jun 15, 2013 rated it liked it
This book had a beauty and the beast theme (which I love) with werewolves.

The hero was really insecure about his scarred face and talked to the heroine through doors and blindfolded her, etc. so she couldn't see his face. It was pretty entertaining.

Heroine insisted they couldn't move forward without her seeing his face and kept coming up with plans to see it without his permission.

Negatives: When I read a book about "mates" I know that there is only one mate for each werewolf and there is no c
Lorraine Lesar
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Unlike some of my old favourite authors, T. A. Grey, just gets better and better and this is her best book so far! What do you want from a book? Is is -

- a sexy, tortured hero? this book has it!
- a slow sexual burn, that's cascades into a hot inferno? this book has it!
- a heroine who is gusty and wants someone to love her for being her? this book has it!
- a good storyline with great sub characters? this book has it!

This was my kind of book and I couldn't put it down, I had to know what had happe
Leigh
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW! What a way to start a spin off series. This book takes place after the last book of the Kategan Alphas and its with the pack that Vanessa Kategan was mated into. There's a new alpha and he's looking for a mate. This is a classic story of seeing someone for what's inside and not for how someone looks. I loved every moment and its one that I would definitely reread. I also loved how we were introduced to members of the pack and I'm already dying for their stories especially Hanna and Alex, sh ...more
***J***
Fantastic first book to a new series! Can't wait to read more about the MacMellen pack.
N.N. Light
I love a good werewolf shifter romance and this one is pretty good. I enjoyed the characters and while it was fairly predictable, I didn't mind. Why mess with greatness? I look forward to reading more from Grey.

My Rating: 4.5 stars
  • Night of the Tiger (Hades' Carnival, #1)
  • Kane's Mate (Armageddon Mates, #1)
  • The Alpha's Choice (The Wolvers, #2)
  • The Mating Hunt (Werewolves of Montana, #2)
  • Keith (Golden Streak #6)
  • Claiming His Mate (Crescent Moon, #2)
  • Keeping Her (Keeping Her, #1)
  • Winter of the Wolf (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #2)
  • Single Wolf Female (Midnight Liaisons, #2.6)
  • Logan & Jenna (The Wolf's Mate, #6)
  • Skylar's Devotion (Roxie's Protecters, #4)
  • North Wolf
  • In Too Deep (Others of Edenton, #1)
  • Marked (The Wolf's Den, #1)
  • Primal Quest (Primal Attractions, #1)
  • Wolf Fever (Alpha Project, #1)
  • The Recruit: Book Three (The Recruit, #3)
  • His Purrfect Mate (Mating Heat, #2)
USA TODAY Bestselling Author T. A. GREY loves to write sexy, pulse-pounding romances that will keep you up late at night.

If you're a fan of adventurous paranormal romance novels, then you'll love her Bellum Sisters series. This isn't your typical romance story, so be prepared for a kick of heat and tons of action featuring some spunky, spell-casting succubi sisters who are given to one unique man:

The MacKellen Alphas (2 books)
  • The Silent Princess (The MacKellen Alphas, #2)
“What was it about being told not to do something that just made you want to do it so much more?” 1 likes
“I don’t want you to see my face ’cause I’m an ugly son of a bitch and you’re too pretty to be lookin’ at that.” 1 likes