Start by marking “Endure (The Protector, #4)” as Want to Read:
Endure (The Protector, #4)

Endure

(The Protector #4)

Wrapped in darkness and woven with defeat, every action Chase has taken since being exiled from the Circle has been met with a devastating response. Now he's been burdened with a quest that seems impossible, and he needs to evolve into something more, something greater than he ever thought he could be.
Armed with magic, friendship, and an unbreakable will, Chase must build
Published June 28th 2013 by M.R. Merrick (first published June 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Endure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Endure

Valerie
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads
5 stars - Brilliant ending to an awesome series

You may remember that I wasn't speaking to Mr. Merrick when I got done with book three, Release. He crushed my heart in that book. Two things came out of that. First, it became clear just how much I cared about the characters in this series. And second, even though I forgave him and talked to him again I wasn't done being upset. That is until I read THIS book. He is totally forgiven. Why? So many reasons and I'll try to be spoiler free here.

Let me s
BookHookup
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I believe my exact words when I reviewed the first book in this series, Exiled, were “Whoa…I feel like I’ve just read the script for an action adventure movie”! And I have to tell you that those feelings never let up throughout the entire series. It’s bittersweet to see this series come to an end. On one hand, I feel like I’ve experienced so much with these characters and am lucky to have done so but, on the other, I’m going to miss them terribly! In fact, I already do!

This final installment pro
Mischa
2,5*
Okay... ehm... several things.
1) I don't really enjoy trashing this series because the first book was so good and I was so excited about it
2) I like fight scenes. I really do. And the author can write them. But when there's a fight scene every 10th page of every book of the series (yes, unfortunately, despite picking it up after three years, I still remember that), it gets kinda old.
3) Was it really, really necessary to put the word "endure" everywhere? What about, I dunno... *spins on chair
Danielle Young
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Okay you all know that I have serious deep rooted love for this series, like way deep. I have devoured this entire series time and time again. I just can't get enough. But with Endure here it means that I have to say goodbye to some of my favorite characters....EVER! Well I had to say goodbye to one of them in December, we all know who that is, *glares at M.R. Merrick,* so this moment is truly bittersweet for me. On one hand I finally got all the answers, closure and redemption for all the major ...more
Alaiel Kreuz
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The best way to describe Endure is with one single word: mesmerizing. Stunning. Incredible. Perfect. Mind-blowing. So yeah, I cheated, that's clearly more than one word but you see, it's impossible to try to describe this amazing final book without going all crazy about it. Yes, this book is THAT good. It's even better than that.

For me final books are always hard, not only because it means that I have to say goodbye to the characters I've grown to love and care about but also because, well, I'm
Reeka (BoundbyWords)
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
As seen on my blog:

Coming back to this series for the 4th and final installment was like watching your baby, all grown up, and leaving the house. It was bittersweet, the characters still as intensely familiar, the action picking up exactly when it left off, and your heart still racing faster than your breath can keep up with. I feel like we all waited FOREVER for Endure , and Mr. Merrick definitely satisfied the senses.

There are 3 other books before this finale, so I'm going to try to keep thi
Chapter by Chapter
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this books so much! Heck, I love this series! If this series could be made into a movie I would be the happiest girl in the world. The imagery and the characters are only a couple things that make these books awesome. Throw in a storyline that will leave readers hooked right to the very end, add in a dash of extremely entertaining dialogue between characters with plot twists that leave your head spinning, and you, my friends, have a recipe for freakin’ awesome. If you haven’t read any of ...more
Smash
#insixwords: Action. Passion. Determination. Fulfillment. Protection. Chase.

The ending of this series was as EPIC as it could be. Chase, Rayna and crew might be in over their heads, but they are not standing down to the evil that is seeking to destroy their world. They are going to fight until their last breath, and Chase is going to become The Protector, come Hell or high water. This young man has grown leaps and bounds throughout this series. He has become someone who will lay his life and sou
Shirley
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I had to go back and look just to be sure. It’s been over a year since I read the last book in this series. Yes, I read and reviewed Release in December of 2012. This is usually the time that I give a whole lot of excuses for why I waited so long to pick up the next book. Honestly, the only one that I have is that I was scared. I mentioned being left in an emotional heap at the end of the last book. I wasn’t exaggerating. I realized at the end of Release that no one was safe. I honestly co ...more
Marie
description
Well Merrick, that was an emotional conclusion, totally not what I expected..... But if it did go exactly as I thought it wouldn't have been that exciting or much of a finale now would it?

There was one character who made it for me. VINCENT. I loved him in every book and not once did he let me down. He was a constant character i couldn't get enough of, and that did not change once in this last instalment.

Obviously there were predictable factors such as (view spoiler)
Ali
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kick-ass-girls
My boy Chase is back; bigger, badder and dare I say...more grown up. After three books of Merrick putting this guy through the ringer Chase is no longer taking anything for granted. Chase is a more mature and thoughtful hero but still has his signature smart ass wittiness and he's over taking crap from anyone. Just as before Chase was rash, in Endure he has become a calmer version of himself.

Coming off of a tragic loss, Chase is in a downward spiral. He's experiencing some major guilt and a brok
A Book Vacation
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
To see my full review:

The final chapter in The Protector series, Endure, is the best yet by young adult author M.R. Merrick. Full of fantasy, romance, and battles of epic proportions, the story captivates its reader from start to finish, lingering in their hearts and minds long after the last page.

Chase Williams is back, as determined as ever to stop his father, Riley, from achieving the resurrection of the god Ithreal, an evil force none will be able to subdue should Rile
Theresa
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Complicated, action and detail packed, fast-moving, doesn't give you (or them) time to breathe. There’s a lot of existential conflict and journeys. And some odd ‘Alice in Wonderland’ stuff that could have been skipped.

The author really has great imagination for other dimensions and a good grasp on how to use the flow of the ups and downs of plot.

This is definitely Chase and Rayna’s story. The others characters are obviously there just to fill out the story, being brought in and out as needed
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There are no words to explain just how incredibly sad I am to be writing this review. Why I hear you ask? Because I have so much love for this series and I still just not ready to say goodbye to this incredible series and world. I loved every single moment of this series right from the first page of the first book and it kept me reeling and emotionally invested right until the end of this one.

MR Merrick is one author who needs to be looked out for. His writing style is just fantastic and he real
Ana
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing

This final installment pro
Katrina Marie
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Yep, I had so many emotions reading this book it’s unreal. Things seem so dire throughout the book. You don’t know if Chase has a fighting chance or not to overcome his father and Ithreal.

We get to visit some worlds that we haven’t seen yet, and let me tell you, some of them are depressing! I think my favorite is going back to Drakar. I loved visiting with the trolls, and Ishmar, again. They are such a lively bunch, and were some of the first creatures we met on Chase’s journey. Each person has
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson

Lately, some para/supernatural books haven’t been of interest to me. Only a select few I truly want to read. But the minute I step into the crazy, demon infested world Merrick has created, I know I am a gone
Stephen
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It is super hard to start a book that you know will be the last of a fabulous series. It is even harder to start it when it begins with such a powerful, heart breaking scene. I forgot the hurt and loss of the last book, only to be reminded when ENDURE began. Oh my heart! My poor, sweet Willy. Lately, some para/supernatural books haven’t been of interest to me. Only a select few I truly want to read. But the minute I step into the crazy, demon infested world Merrick has created, I know I am a gon ...more
Mark
Aug 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This series started off a little off kilter but the mythology and magic system made it interesting enough to keep going. Shift picked up the pace, Release broke in to a sprint and Endure wrapped it up in a stunning creshendo.

From what I've gathered so far Merrick is done with this series. That's a good thing. These four books tell a complete story and continuing beyond would either get really silly or be anti-climatic. I think it's the mark of a good author to be able to stretch a single story
Aarzoo**im not stubborn, my way is just better**
all i can say is that book was MIND BLOWING

Chase im in irrevocably, irreversibly, madly,deeply in love with you...

the series started from where it ended in Release. i loved how Chase and Rayna grew with time and how they grew more responsible about everything they handled. The series kept me on edge the whole time and that it's over im really sad and heart broken
this is the first time i have given a book 5 stars since im very strict on giving 4 stars at max until now!
I love the characters and
Kristy
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Endure is the gripping conclusion to The Protector Series. If you haven't read the first three books I highly recommend you do that before reading this one.

Chase, Rayna and the rest of the crew face their adversaries head on in this action packed book. The ultimate battle ensues and there are many casualties. You'll have to read the book to find out who makes it and who doesn't.

The world building in this book is again fantastic! I could easily imagine the various dimensions and the numerous crea
Taha Shabbir
Nov 23, 2013 rated it liked it
The ending was pretty good and made me consider giving it 4 stars, but the overall feeling of the book didn't warrant it. It didn't read as smoothly as the previous books did. The thing that bothered me the most though is the absence of any authority (read police, three-letter agency, etc), especially given the amount of damage Chase causes every time he goes on a walk let alone an all-out demon war with a god. There were many other irrational decisions the characters made as the book went along ...more
Jackie -Sated Faery
Holy Smokin' Granny!! This series sure went out with a bang!! Just like each of the other books in this series, the action was non-stop! There's a surprise around every corner - and as we've learned so far, the surprises are rarely good! But some of them will absolutely amaze you! Just when you think you've got things figured out -BAM! Something crazy happens! My heart has completely broken for Chase, many times over, but somehow he has managed to maintain control and grow stronger through it al ...more
Louis
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Endured

Endured is a good ending to a powerful series. Merrick seems to have thought out the ending thoroughly and I like what he ended up with. Overall I'd recommend this whole series to anyone who likes this genre, or everyone wanting to try something different than they're used to. Thank you MR. Merrick. Hope you don't stop with this series.
Holly
I almost loved the book through to the end. Then there was the 2 completely unnecessary mentions to the hero chase BS about violating the heroine. Violent as hell. Almost the most perfect end of the world story had that CRAP been left out. All the characters were well developed and intriguing in their unique ways.
Ceci Morris
Sep 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
Not going to lie. I was disappointed. This series had all of the makings to be a good series but it was so drawn out that I became incredibly bored and it was all I could do to finish it. Not memorable in the least.
Becky
Jun 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was good. It was a nice conclusion to this action packed series. The author did a nice job of throwing in some twists and tying everything together from the other books. I really enjoyed this book and will look for more books from this author in the future.
Rachel
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
A really nice ending to a series I really enjoyed. The only fault is that I felt the ending was slightly rushed into the last few chapters. Overall a great read that I would suggest to any fantasy fan.
Judith Davis
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Endurance (T Protector Book 4)

This was a fantastic book, it kept me reading non stop. I loved the idea of good verses evil. I really enjoyed the meaning of family porttaid
George
Aug 15, 2013 rated it liked it
good end to the series. the characters haven't grown much though. still an enjoyable book.
  • Everlost (Night Watchmen, #3)
  • Fallenmore (Feathermore, #2)
  • Redemption (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #4)
  • Even in Death (The Starborn Saga, #3)
  • A Darker Past (The Darker Agency, #2)
  • Billow (Ondine Quartet, #2)
  • The Secret Trinity: Ignite (Fae-Witch, #2)
  • Awaken (Daughters of the Sea, #2)
  • Bound (The Divine, #4)
  • A Witch Alone (Winter Trilogy, #3)
  • Fractured Soul
  • Bound (Torn Trilogy, #3)
  • Enemy Within (Vampire Born, #2)
  • Fractured Darkness (The Age of Alandria #3)
  • Chosen (Stained, #3)
  • Chaos (Kardia Chronicles, #1)
  • The Midnight Spell
M.R. Merrick is a Canadian writer and author of The Protector Series, and The Rise of Genesis. Having never traveled, he adventures to far off lands through his imagination and in between cups of coffee. As a music lover and proud breakfast enthusiast, he's usually found at the computer between a pair of headphones and a large bowl of cereal.

The Protector (4 books)
  • Exiled (The Protector, #1)
  • Shift (The Protector, #2)
  • Release (The Protector, #3)
“Rayna was home for me. No matter what happened or how dark things became, she would be all I'd need. It didn't matter where we went or what we fought, we'd be together. I didn't say it just then, but I felt it. That was the moment I knew I loved her.” 2 likes
“I wasn't the Protector-I was an assassin. Every step I had taken to stop the end was a failure. Each choice I made led me inches closer to suffocating the flame inside another person.” 1 likes