Start by marking “Breaking Nova (Nova, #1)” as Want to Read:
Breaking Nova (Nova, #1)

Breaking Nova (Nova #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  11,607 Ratings  ·  1,288 Reviews
Nova Reed used to have dreams-of becoming a famous drummer, of marrying her true love. But all of that was taken away in an instant. Now she's getting by as best she can, though sometimes that means doing things the old Nova would never do. Things that are slowly eating away at her spirit. Every day blends into the next . . . until she meets Quinton Carter. His intense, ho ...more
Published September 3rd 2013 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Nova, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking Nova

Jessica Sorensen
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Breaking Nova is out today! Yay!
Christy
5 Shattered Stars!

photo 22d9cff9-a510-4e06-927c-33c00e037492_zps6f456ad7.jpg

Another Jessica Sorensen book that gave me a major case of the feels! From the moment I read the prologue, I was hooked. I went back and forth on my rating... the book wasn’t perfect, but any book that can evoke that much feeling from me gets a solid 5 stars.

How do you move on when the person you loved chose to leave you? Death is a heartbreaking thing. But when someone choses that fate, it makes it even harder to cope. Nova Reed’s boyfriend and best friend Landon took his lif
Catarina
Sep 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Beautifully Broken Stars!!

After a book I’ve read a few days ago that made cry one whole night while reading it, I promised myself I would take an “angst-break”. No more books filled with angst and no more books that would provoke me crying attacks.
Well, obviously I didn’t know that this would be one of those. But what can I say? It was so good that I forgot my own decisions! ;)

description

This is the story of Nova and Quinton. There are both broken by their past.
Nova ex-boyfriend died and Quinton ex-gi
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4 stars!!

“People say that time heals all wounds, and maybe they’re right. But what if the wounds don’t heal correctly, like when cuts leave behind nasty scars or when broken bones mend together but aren’t as smooth anymore?”

description

I’ve read several books from Jessica Sorensen and I have to say, Breaking Nova is the most depressing one out of all of them. Drugs, suicide, accidents, and more are all packed in this book and it took a toll on me. Nevertheless, I couldn’t look away from the book once I st
Patrycja
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed, 2013

2.5 stars for toxic relationship

Note: I changed my rating from 1 star to 2.5 half because after I thought about it, I saw that I didn't really considered things I liked.

I can’t believe this book was written by Jessica Sorensen, one of my favorite new adult authors. She could stab me in the back and it would hurt less. Really. Breaking Nova was not what I expected it to be. This novel totally shattered my immense love for every male character Sorensen’s ever created. When I think about Qui
Aestas Book Blog
Mar 24, 2013 marked it as to-read
New Jessica Sorensen book!! Due out in Sept!

"One, two, three. One, two, three. I can’t seem to get the counting and the obsessing out of my head. I’m always drowning in it and the memories of that god awful day that I can’t quite remember, but can’t quite forget. It owns me. I just want to feel alive, but all I feel is numb. But then I meet Quinton. He makes me feel alive and for the first time in my life, I can breathe."

BLURB: A powerful story of love, scars, and impossible choices . . . No
Anna
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing

I. Can't. Even. Damn !!!!! Everything hurts !

Recovery time avec tequila. Then review ❤❤❤❤❤❤
Duchess Nicole
This was my first novel by Jessica Sorensen, and I can say without a doubt that she knows how to use words to evoke some very strong emotions. In the case of Breaking Nova, it was mostly sadness, depression, anger, and helplessness. Watching two essentially good people slowly destroy themselves is never any fun.

Nova Reed hasn't always been this blank shell that she is today. Less than a year ago, she was a somewhat quiet girl, on the outskirts of popular but still content teenage girl. Her fath
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-boyfriends
description

I loved this story and all the characters!! It was completely unpredictable and I loved every page and every line.

I've been so tired of reading the same old stories but this was exciting and had my full attention the whole way. The story is told in alternating povs and yes these c
Brandi
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
For anyone who's ever felt lost and struggled to find their way back.

photo Breaking_zpsb6dfa797.jpg

I am going to be honest. This is a painful read. Nova's story is heartbreaking. Suicide, death, guilt, drug abuse all play a strong role in this story. BUT it is real.I felt the pain these characters endure. Maybe something is wrong with me, but I appreciated the emotional pain and despair that Breaking Nova inflicted upon me. Real life if not wrapped up neatly in a some beautiful package. Real life hurts and sometimes pai
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

4 heartbreakingly beautiful stars!

"I think that sometimes things just get confusing and we get lost, and sometimes you can’t out which path is the right path… which is the right decision.”

Everytime I read a book by Jessica Sorensen I know that I can expect nothing less than a great story and brilliant writing! Seriously her writing is just SO SO good!!

This book is heartbreaking and so fcuking SAD!! Beautifully sad that it physically makes your heart ache for these characters.

"I honestly don’t
♥Rachel♥
Aug 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Breaking Nova was an emotional and captivating story. It’s a darker read but, surprisingly, one that did not depress me.

I should tell you I’m not a fan of stories that glorify drug use or are all about characters on a path of self-destruction. I read for entertainment for the most part, and a story that depresses or frustrates me does not count for happy entertainment in my book. If Breaking Nova fit that description you would not be reading my review because this would be a “Did Not Finish” fo
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, emotional
5 Intense, Dark, Beautiful and Broken stars+++++

Sometimes life's difficult and sometimes it pushes you over the edge and sometimes you think your not worthy of that life- a happy life, a loved life.
I love reading romance, I love reading a happy ending, I also love reading how they get to that but sometimes I love to read a dark, powerful, Intense story that pulls me in, breaks my heart and those are the stories that stay with me because they're the most beautiful ones right?!!

photo crying_zps49357f7f.jpg

If your with me t
Jen
This was my first Jessica Sorensen book and I can honestly say it won't be my last. Wow, she sure is an author who can make me feel deeply about the characters in her books. Breaking Nova I found to be a very heavy read, and by the end I was emotionally drained. I am for sure going to have to take a break in between this first book and The second. I need to get my thoughts together as well..so review still to come!
Glass
Aug 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, new-adult

It's been a while since I read The Secret of Ella and Micha, and a little bit later The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden. What I remember the most about those books is how much they surprised me and made me feel. To be honest, I don't really have a valid reason why I never got back to the sequels. That was back when new adult novels just started to gain their audience and I was 100% sold to the whole idea. And then came whole drama - people had a lot of bad things to say about genre, but still
Michelle
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided on behalf of Forever (Grand Central Publishing) from NetGalley

5 beautifully broken stars!
Ms. Jessica Sorensen has mastered the art of ripping out my heart and stomping on it,
but in a good way.

'I didn't always use to think this way.
I used to have hope.
I used to believe in things.'

We meet Nova, well we meet the broken version of Nova. She had dreams and she had plans for a future; but that hope died that morning. Now she is empty and just sleep walking through life.

But when s
Aria the Blue Fairy
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
People say that time heals all wounds, and maybe they're right. But what if the wounds don't heal correctly, like when cuts leave behind nasty scars, or when broken bones mend together, but aren't as smooth anymore?

Sometimes bad things happen.
Sometimes it happens and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
Not even if we drown ourselves in alcohol or drugs or whatever things that we could think of to make us forget.
It won't happen.
Because life is like that.
Sometimes things happen that are beyo
Paula
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it

4 stars

In Breaking Nova, Jessica Sorenson takes another ballsy chance with her characters and pulls the reader over to the dark side as she delves into sensitive subjects such as suicide and drugs – two very real issues that some young adults experience growing up. I always feel like I need a hug after reading one of Sorenson’s books. The angst is always so brutal on the heart. The characters have a hard time accepting love and hope and peace in their lives – which makes the romance complicated.
  KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛
5 gut wrenching emotional roller coaster stars
A highly emotional read and definitely a book worth reading!!

Nova (yes like the car) met Landon at the age of thirteen, he'd just moved in across the street from her and from then they became best friends - more than best friends - they became inseparable, an addiction to be close to each other, that all changed about six months ago..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I have my silence now, which is my healing, my escape, my sanctuary..Silence all around me, silence is all i can han
Ashleigh
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I started this book thinking it will be good I love this Author, well it was AMAZING I finished this is one setting!! It is a little Dark deals with Drugs, death, depression and anxiety but that is REAL LIFE! This story is about Quinnton and Nova who are both struggling in life and trying there best to live what the people they have lost in there lifes. Im not gonna give to much away just take a chance and read this book it was really amazing and I can not wait for the next book to come out!

broken people photo: Broken Hearts and Bones emo.jpg
Chiara Cilli
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-of-2015

Non so bene cosa dovrei dire. Non so neppure se voglio dire qualcosa.

Ci sono romanzi che per alcuni lettori hanno un significato diverso. Romanzi che, in mano a una determinata persona, sono più pericolosi di un fucile puntato alla testa.
Io lo so bene.
Sono una di quelle lettrici che non segue la massa, ma va alla ricerca di quei libri, di quelle storie che hanno il potere di distruggermi. Come un tossico che brama l'oblio della droga.

Voglio il dolore.
Voglio la tristezza.
Voglio il buio.
Voglio que
Rose
Initial reaction: One of the few times I picked up a book where it started off terrible and cliche, but the progression really grew from where it started. I liked it, but I have some bones to pick with the narrative. This review might run a little long, for constructive and personal feedback.

Full review:

This is the last time you say,
After the last line you break,
It's not even a holiday,
Nothing to celebrate.
You give a hundred reasons why,
And you say you're really gonna try.
If I had a nickel for e
Kim Bailey
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book made me feel ...

depressed ... so very, very, very fucking depressed

This story is about Nova. She's struggling to understand and find herself after the death of her boyfriend. Anxiety, depression and an overall sense of loss have consumed her. She finds herself losing control of her emotions, and in some ways her mind.

Now enters Quinton. He's also struggling with depression and loss. But his main issue is a feeling of overwhelming guilt and self-loathing that are leading him away from h
Kristin Campbell
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cd_authors
Tears, tears and more tears. That's what this book did to me. Jessica's contemporaries get more and more intense with each book she puts out.

Even if I didn't know the author's name, I would have known it was Sorensen's book by the love of old cars, the angst of the love story and the despair of the dark past. I have to say, though, the dark past was even darker in this book. The prologue alone had me in tears, AND THAT WAS JUST THE START.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

BREAKING NOVA touches on the heart and squeezes the most powerful of emotions from your body. I don’t think I was prepared by how much angst and darkness was in this book. I was terrified that the characters would lose themselves in the course of the story because both Nova and Quinton are taking the wrong paths and can’t seem to find their way back.

If you are a fan of dark New Adult and have loved Sorensen’s books in the past, I have no doubt at all that you will absolutely adore this book. It
Jessica Sorensen is one of my favourite NA authors, she always creates such realistic characters, ones who are deeply messed up and who don't always deal with their problems in the healthiest ways but that just makes them all the more compelling to read about. Breaking Nova is about two of these damaged people and about one of them learning to move forward with their life. It doesn't really end with a happily ever after but I'm kind of hopeful that these characters will sort themselves out event ...more
Chrystal
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazing
"For anyone who's ever felt lost and struggled to find their way back."

Breaking Nova brought me to tears. I'm talking, your first love breaking up with you, kind of sobs. The kind that wrench's your heart and feels like you can't breathe. Maybe it touched me so deeply because I somewhat experienced, what Nova went through. I can't imagine how a person could deal with such a tragic experience.

Nova went from this amazing, strong, happy, carefree girl to this shell of a human being. Hiding behin
Jacqueline's Reads
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books, arc
4.25 Depressing, yet endearing Stars

Breaking Nova is a depressing, but coming-of-age novel about two broken souls struggling to survive.

Nova was the typical young beautiful girl. She had a loving family and boyfriend. When she was eighteen her boyfriend and first love killed himself and put Nova into a deep depression. Quinton was the all-star guy. He was popular, had friends and loved his girlfriend completely. Until one day, there was an accident and Quinton’s girlfriend and best friend dies.
Johanna
Sep 04, 2013 rated it liked it
3 Tragedy Filled Stars!
 photo image_zps6b2c0832.jpg

Breaking Nova is a tale of broken pasts, present heartache, and future healing. It deals with drugs, depression and death.
 photo image_zps43a50f73.jpg
The story focuses on two broken souls, Nova and Quinton, their tumultuous past. It's through alternating POV's that we gradually explore
~*Lindsey*~
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 Beautifully Broken Stars!

Wow, this book had me crying and completely sucked in from the prologue .

I don't know why I like books that break my heart so much,But I do and this one shattered my poor heart. So naturally, I loved it.

This is the story of two completely broken people,Nova and Quinton.

Nova

Her boyfriend,Landon, committed suicide and she can't get past it. A year later and it consumes her every thought. She is depressed and stuck in the day she found him.

Quinton

He was driving in an acci
  • Patch Up (Patch Up, #1)
  • Masquerade (Games, #3)
  • Light in the Shadows (Find You in the Dark, #2)
  • Song of the Fireflies
  • Don't Make Me Beautiful
  • A Little Too Far (A Little Too Far, #1)
  • Out of Line (Out of Line, #1)
  • April Showers (April, #1)
  • Addicted for Now (Addicted, #2)
  • Who He Is (FireNine, #1)
  • Fighting Fate (Granton University, #1)
  • The Edge of Darkness (Darkness Duet, #1)
  • NOT A BOOK: For the Summer
  • Greed (The Seven Deadly, #2)
  • If You Leave (Beautifully Broken, #2)
  • Ruin (Ruin, #1)
  • Stripped (Stripped, #1)
  • Nearly Broken (Nearly, #1)
Jessica Sorensen is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author from the snowy mountains of Wyoming. When she's not writing, she spends her time reading and hanging out with her family.

More about Jessica Sorensen...

Nova (5 books)
  • Saving Quinton (Nova, #2)
  • Nova and Quinton: No Regrets (Nova, #3)
  • Wreck Me (Nova, #4)
  • Ruin Me (Nova, #5)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
  • How to Love
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
“But sometimes stuff happens and we find ourselves lost, and suddenly we're standing in a place we don't recognize and can't remember walking-or falling-there, and we're unsure how to get back or if we even want to.” 65 likes
“You're like my favorite song, Nova. The one that I never want to forget. That I want to play over and over again.” 52 likes