Start by marking “The Vampire Affair (The Vampire Affair, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Vampire Affair (The Vampire Affair, #1)

The Vampire Affair

(The Vampire Affair #1)

Makayla Bradley, a small-time journalist, risks everything including her job to get the goods on billionaire playboy Jonathan Devane. A man who enthralled her from a single passionate kiss months prior. A man who makes her blood race and her thighs tingle. A man with dark secrets…

Previously published in a different form as Hot Gossip.
Published April 1st 2013 by Vivi Anna

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vampire Affair

Start your review of The Vampire Affair (The Vampire Affair, #1)
Deborah
Nov 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
This book was not for me, after reading the title I joked with my friends that I'd found my book for the night. I made it as far as chapter 4 but even the best will in the world couldn't get me to read any further, so glad it was a free read. The first few pages have Mak the main character making out with herself on the dance floor and it went downhill from there she fumbles around, supposedly a reporter, laughing in inopportune places, stumbling around spilling tomato juice down a Chanel ivory ...more
Coco.V
Nov 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (11/4/2019)! ...more
Lauren Hawkeye
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've read a lot of Vivi Anna's work. This is the first time she's ventured into the billionaire trend.
Her fresh twist on the trend is bloody brilliant.
Jonathan is deliciously strong yet vulnerable. Makayla, like all of Ms. Anna's characters, is kick ass. In this case the heroine takes her strong personality right to the edge before Ms. Anna reels her back in. I love it. I also love the fact that the setting is Canadian, a welcome change from New York, Chicago or LA.
Hurry up and write part 2
Vampiremama
Apr 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Just when it starts getting good, it ends. Good thing the next one is on the way. I would prefer to see more character development as the main character going hot and cold over the Johnathon is not enough to really care about the characters.
Alyssa
Mar 26, 2013 rated it liked it
I know it's a serial, but it's just not long enough! :) The teasing flashes of fang, and the scrape of Jonathan Devane's teeth on Makayla's flesh made me almost as eager as she was for more sexytimes to happen. But Vivi Anna didn't disappoint, and there was one very, very hot scene. Well worth the entire book. Whew. (fans self)

Makayla Bradley is a tabloid reporter, tasked with digging up dirt on businessman and playboy Jonathan Devane. In order to get her full story, she goes undercover as
N. Kuhn
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Just so you all know, I am silently cursing this author in my head! This was a fantastic read. Mak is a clumsy fool, always getting into one scheme or another. I found myself fighting to not laugh out loud. (There were quite a few stares from people in Starbucks). This character is highly likable and well developed.

Jonathan, well he sounds sexy as hell, but I really can't decide if I like him, hate him or love to hate him! This is a must read! Though, titled Vampire Affair, there is no mention
 Rosebud
Makayla Bradley, a reporter for Hot Gossip, is always on the hunt for the juiciest piece of gossip so seeing billionaire Jonathan Devane has her on the hunt.

A hunt that will include sneaking into his hotel suite, posing as an author attending a convention, and generally stalking him to get the low down that will catapult her career.

This is a cookie cutter serial series book that follows the 'always leave them wanting more' philosophy. Multiple story line subplots with a solo erotic erotica
SassySami
Mar 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: pre-crash, owned
Makayla, a reporter for a slimy gossip rag, has become obsessed with Jonathan Devane, a rich playboy that she shared a passionate kiss with at a nightclub. His reaction to being caught snogging her left her humiliated, so when she's assigned to dig up some dirt on him for an article, she jumps at the chance. The rest of the book is about her trying to get close enough to learn something scandalous and wrestling with her own overactive reactions to him.

Mak is the stereotypical reporter - willing
Eva Millien
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
This review if for parts 1 & 2.

This book is an intriguing read with romance, hot sex, revenge and vampires.

Mak is a reporter who will do anything for a story and her latest assignment is to get the dish on Jonathan Devane, the hottest ticked around right now. Mak is determined not only to get her story, but to get a little payback.

This book has strong characters and a smooth flowing plot that keeps you guessing and wandering what Mak is going to do next. The story is very engaging with a
~*Bhook-Junkhie~
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS...This was full of a crazy fun!...with a tough and spunky heroine and one smoking hot guy that has way too many secrets!!!What more could you want? Cant wait for more:)
Michelle Bowman  / We Love Kink .com
4.5 stars !!

This is part one in The Vampire Affair. This is the first book I've read by Vivi Anna and now I'm a fan.

This book was HOT! Although there is no sex in this book, the sexual tension between Jonathon and Makayla was way up there.

Jonathon is the mysterious, but sexy man that has burned Makayla one too many times. From the first chapter when they met months ago to the present. Although he doesn't know who she is. He questions whether they know each other, which she of course denies. She
Mary Lou Hoffman
Series: The Vampire Affair #1
Category /Genre: paranormal romance, novella
Received from: Amazon purchase
Recommended for: 18+ due to sexual content
Grammar/editing: B – a few small errors

This is the first book in the Vampire Affair series. Unfortunately, they do not have individual names and are just Vampire Affair#1, #2, #3… This one was previously published in a different form as Hot Gossip.

A flash of fang? Did she see that? No, it must be her imagination. This is a great build-up short-story to
Anna
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Makayla Bradley is a journalist and will go very far for a good story. When Mak's boss asks her to digg up dirt about Jonathan Devane (a wealthy businessman), she is more than happy to do so. A couple of months ago she hooked up with Jonathan, not knowing who he was at the time, he left her wanting for more...

With her clumsiness, spying gear ready and awesome oneliners, Mak is determined to spy on Jonathan and write the best story ever. But she does not know what huge secrets are hidden behind
Jenna Howard
Apr 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I knew I was going to have some issues. I have a tough time with reporter heroines. I find them a little too vindictive and I find myself scratching my head at the dumb things they'll do for a story. Mak is no different. She's a woman scorned, a gossip rag reporter so naturally she's going to dig up the dirt on the guy. And I was just a little "Well...this is nothing new."

Until the one lines started to zing through. Holy cow. I found myself chortling over so many of them.

Referring to his scent
Sam
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
As found on: book-boyfriends

"Warning! Do not look, smell, or touch. Hazardous for your libido."
The Vampire Affair Part I by Vivi Anna

"This man smelled so good, I wanted to lick him all over his neck and face like an ice-cream cone."
- The Vampire Affair Part I by Vivi Anna

Roxie's Reviews
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Vampire Scandal"
This is an amazing book!. The characters and story line are amazing!. Makayla is a reporter for Hot Gossip magazine. The magazine tries to get all the dirt they can on the rich and famous. One night Makayla goes to a club with her best friend so she can unwind and maybe find a story. There she has an encounter with a super sexy Man but he turns out acting like a douchbag. Makayla later finds out he was a famous rich playboy.Jonathan had embarrassed Makayla Aka Mak. So now she
Che-che
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arr
ARR- I received this book in exchange for a review.
The fist page of this book drew me in and when I say I was hooked I was hooked from the start. This book has a lot to offer a great nosy journalist trying to get her story and who will do anything to get her story. It also has a very mysterious good looking guy who has a hot air about him. I fell in love with the story and didn't want to get to the last page but when I did I was so shocked because it was a CLIFF HANGER( sitting here typing with
Paris        (kerbytejas)
May 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
Going against my 3 star for short novella's reads here. This was a quick fun humorous, read filled with lots of sexual innuendo. Makayla, is a junior writer for a tabloid magazine, looking for the story that will get her a better job. Jonathan is a handsome, rich business man with a secret, and an ex-girlfriend who can't understand "its over".
The humor and one liner's will have you laughing, and the chemistry between Makayla & Jonathan is building and at some point I expect it to go
Missy Lyons
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a serial romance and I found the characters like-able and mysterious. I can't wait to read the next books in the series.

It has a feelings of New Adult romance much like the 50 Shades books did it starts with a heroine that is trying to find her place in the world. She is deeply attracted to the billionaire playboy and just can't stay away, even if she does know he's bad for her.

Great start to the new series and I loved every page of it.
Diana
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As usual Vivi out does herself. There's really not much that I can say that hasn't been said before about her. Again, I refuse to talk plot points for fear of giving something away, but this plot was hot, hot, hot. Dark and did I mention hot? Her characterizations are wonderful, and as a writer, something I strive for all the time.

Buy this, get it anyway you can. You won't be disappointed!
L.J. Baker
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Not bad

ok first of all, I downloaded this because it was free and I like vampires. It was a very short read and entertaining, but it did need some editing. As far as the story, it was good but there's no way I'm going to pay three bucks for the next short installment. If it was cheaper or all in one book, I would read it, but not at 2.99 a short piece.
Kristina
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OK I think my new book boyfriend is Jonathan Devane! Jonathan and Mak have instant Chemistry but after being snubbed by Jonathan Mak is hurt and upset. After meeting again things get hot between these 2 but once again Jonathan screws up and Mak's on the run again, hurt and upset!
Can't wait for part 2!!!!
Marilyn Vix
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this new perspective on how to get your vampire. Everything from ambitious tabloid writer is wronged by man, and seems to be wrongly still attracted to him kept me turning the pages. Lovely way it left me hanging so I had to buy part II. Have started that next. Enjoyed.
Christi Barnes
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ok the first thing that comes to mind is - TEASE! just when things start getting going the book ends. I wasn't expecting it to be so short.

It was pretty well written, and there was a steamy scene - oh my that I wasn't expecting. I blushed.

Overall a very fast fun read.
Boo Boo Kitty
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Too short!!! I love the story but its way too short!!!
Angela
Jun 02, 2014 marked it as tbr-later
2 June 2014: $0.00 FREE on Kindle
Emily
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: adult women
Recommended to Emily by: free ebook on Amazon
Reading this adult paranormal novella certainly piqued my interest. I'm excited to see how this will play out.
Jenae (Jeni)
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Quick read, very few mistakes. A lot of sex but still manages to tell a story. I will try more of this authors books.
Deborah Boodie-mcdonald
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Nice quick read....Def want to read the other one coming out soon.
Theresa Burrow
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What would you do for a story? Makayla is a reporter for Hot Topic, a sleazy magazine. Her boss gives her an assignment...get an interview with Jonathan Devane...or else. The problem is, Devane doesn't give interviews. Makayla is on the hunt, not letting her boss know that she and Devane had had a previous romantic encounter.

So Makayla is on the hunt. The hunt is not that simple and Makayla runs into several obstacles including Tatiana, Devane's on-again, off-again girlfriend; Jazmine, a
« previous 1 3 next »
Making Connections: 1103. - THE VAMPIRE AFFAIR (pt 1) by Vivi Anna 17 43 May 29, 2013 04:00PM

• The Devil in Disguise (Bad Things, #1)
  • Wicked Fall (The Wicked Horse, #1)
  • Tesemini: Lake of Spirits (Brides of Prophecy)
  • Taming (To Tame a Shifter #1)
  • Claiming (To Tame a Shifter #2)
  • Hunter (Fairy Tale Bad Boys #1)
  • Maiming (To Tame a Shifter #3)
  • The Surrender of Sleeping Beauty: A Fae Dark Romance Series Box Set
  • Entranced (Guardian Academy #1)
  • Invisible Scribble
  • I'm NOT just a Scribble...
  • Scribble Stones
  • Never Let a Princess Paint with Her Unicorn!
  • A Little SPOT of Happiness
  • Never Let A Dinosaur Scribble!
  • A Little Peaceful SPOT: A Story About Mindfulness
  • Scribble Stones Art Guide: Step by Step Painting Techniques and Tricks
  • Charm: An Amazing Story of a Little Black Cat
USA TODAY bestselling author, Vivi Anna likes to burn up the pages with her original unique brand of fantasy fiction. Whether it's in ancient Egypt, or in an apocalyptic future, Vivi always writes fast paced action-adventure with strong independent women that can kick some butt, and dark delicious heroes to kill for.

When Vivi isn't writing, you can find her causing a ruckus at downtown bistros,

The Vampire Affair (5 books)
  • The Vampire Affair: Part Two (The Vampire Affair, #2)
  • The Vampire Affair: Part Three