Start by marking “Sankarea 4: Undying Love” as Want to Read:
Sankarea 4: Undying Love

Sankarea 4: Undying Love

(Sankarea / さんかれあ #4)

WE ALWAYS EAT THE ONES WE LOVE

A strange foreign doctor warns Rea that her "turbid period" is approaching... and that it will bring with it an insatiable desire to eat Furuya's flesh! Realizing she may not have much time left to live as a sane, normal girl, Rea works as hard as she can to enjoy her first, and maybe last, summer festival with Chihiro. But is it already to
Published December 24th 2013 by Kodansha Comics (first published August 2nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Sankarea 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sankarea 4

Dominique "Eerie" Sobieska
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, not-owned
In the fifth volume of Undying Love, we learn that Rea, like past zombie subjects, will slowly succumb to her true nature. Becoming ever more dangerous to those she loves. Chihiro.

As she realizes she is in love with him, she learns that her love will turn on him. After an initial taste of Chihiro, she runs away fearing she could do more harm. He eventually finds her, tickled by the idea of his "girlfriend" eating him.

This "sweet" moment is ruined as Rea tries to eat him once more with more res
Kurtis Burkhardt
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Pretty descent zombie manga👌😁🧟♀🧟♂💕 ...more
Christina
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
It has now been two weeks since Rea died and was reanimated but already she has entered her turbid period. The turbid period is the process in which what humanity the zombie has left is slowly fading and instead is being taken over by instincts.
As Rea's condition worsens to the point where she nearly kills Furuya in an instant, she chains herself and hides, so that she won't eat Furuya... The injury that Furuya sustained puts him in bed and he sleeps for two whole days without waking once, but a
Judyth (Geeky Reading)
Apr 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
~3.5-4/5

[Read more at my blog, Geeky Reading!]

The word that jumps out at me when I try to describe this series is intriguing. I don’t feel like that gives enough detail, that it’s too vague, but it’s true. I just don’t even know what to expect from this series at this point, I’m not completely caught yet, but I’m really enjoying seeing where it’s going.

I’m finding it increasingly apparent that I like Rea, and that she might actually be my favorite character. I’m surprised by her. She’s shy, but
Soobie's scared
Sì, dai... tutto sommato mi piace. È una lettura un po' diversa rispetto a quello che leggo di solito come manga. Anche vero che ho un debole per i racconti di zombie.

Questo dà una visione un po' particolare del folklore zombiesco. C'è il veleno delle ortensie che aiuta, ma poi è difficile mantenere la condizione iniziale e bisogna trovare un modo per preservare la povera Rea, che sarà costretta - a breve - a mangiare chi ama. Però, sembra che il gatto non abbia dovuto subire la stessa cosa...

V
Fiction State Of Mind
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book
In this volume Rea attends her first festival with Furuya and his friends. Rea is enjoying feeling like a normal girl until her zombie instincts kick in and she almost destroys Furuya>

This story contines to have cute romance with creepy undertones.
Tom Watson
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I normally dislike zombies, but this was actually pretty good. The main zombie character is cute^2 and the cat boy is just too funny. Overall, there are a few odd bits I simply don't get (scenes which likely make sense to Japanese and not Americans) but I would definetly recommend it!
James
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A dark romantic manga. Includes zombies and a good art style. There is a good plot and the concept is also very good.
Czarina Anne
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
creys
Sean O'Hara
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, zombies, romance, romcom
Is there anything more romantic than a love that's not bound by such pesky practical concerns as "rigor mortis" and "cannibalism"?
Gustavo
May 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Rea is trying hard to become a normal girl and is trying to date Chihiro, why doesn't she just say him that she love him? I mean is obvius that he love her.
Ceduart
Luca Lo Cicero
Nov 12, 2018
Aprilia Maharani
Apr 19, 2015

• School-Live!, Vol. 2 (Gakkou Gurashi!, #2)
  • Vinland Saga, Volume 3: A Bloody Coming of Age
  • Wolfsmund, Volume 1
  • Spiral: The Bonds of Reasoning, Vol. 02
  • Hana-Kimi 24: After School
  • Real Account, Vol. 1

Sankarea / さんかれあ (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Sankarea 1: Undying Love