Start by marking “100 Bullets: The Deluxe Edition Book V” as Want to Read:
100 Bullets: The Deluxe Edition Book V

100 Bullets: The Deluxe Edition Book V

(100 Bullets: The Deluxe Edition #5)

The fifth deluxe hardcover edition of the best-selling graphic novels series 100 Bullets written by Brian Azzarello and illustrated by Eduardo Risso.

This dark and intriguing Eisner Award-winning series features a mysterious agent named Graves who approaches ordinary citizens and gives them an opportunity to exact revenge on a person who has wronged them.  Offering his clie
Published December 3rd 2013 by Vertigo

To ask other readers questions about 100 Bullets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Bullets

Cheese
Sep 24, 2014 rated it liked it
If you're like me you've read volume one to see what the fuss is about and you're intrigued, but not sure whether to go the whole distance. "Is it worth it?" I asked myself..... the answer is Nope.

I took a chance and bought all 5 books and read them from beginning to end.

The problem i found was Azzarello's devotion to writing dodgy street wordplay-heavy dialogue, which started to bother from the outset, but I thought i'd get used to it, if that bothers you like it did me then don't bother. At th
Ill D
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Gentlemen and Scholars
Taking the last 50 years of Crime+Noir and amplifying the sanguine flow up to 11 and compounding it with an epic flair seemed like a good idea… right? Yet, with such a gargantuan tale so much at stake becomes mired in a morass that is far greater than anyone could have legitimately manifested. Propelled more by its style than its substance or coherence, the journey is to be savored more than its destination.

So much is going on its baffles the mind. With bodies dropped as quickly as new ones are
Dorin
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Reading 100 bullets is like reading a very long German phrase, with the verb at the end. The problem? You have something like 10 or 20 super-long German phrases and none make sense until the end, where you realize that it shouldn't have made sense.

In the end, there are no lost threads, but by the time you reach the last part it doesn't matter anymore. I grew tired of the indirect story-telling, always going for secondary points of view while the main story was always something you had to deduce
Lono
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
And so Azzarello and Risso’s masterpiece reaches its fated end. As I have droned on and on in earlier reviews about what an accomplishment this work is, I will fight the urge to heap additional praises onto this achievement. All things come violently together in this final deluxe edition of 100 Bullets. While I don’t number this among my most favorite parts of the story, it’s still fuckin criminally awesome.

The remaining heads of the Trust and survivors of the Minutemen collide in one final blo
Xisix
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Satisfying finale to 100 Bullets series. Pacing feels tighter than previous volumes. As a conclusion, ends are wrapped up. Violence and bonds. Shifting alliances.
Abdallah Mohamud
Overall the series was great, as Chicago Sun-Times described it "One of the greatest works of crime fiction in any medium". Book 3 and 4 was my favorite among them. The art was great, except when it came to the drawing of certain characters. I was confused more than once , and had hard time to tell who was who till the other character said their name. The ending was very good and it left room for the story to continue. I wish I could see this masterpiece one day on the small screen.
Matías
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This amazingly violent comes to its even more violent conclusion with a break-neck pace that makes it impossible to put down.

A lot of plot threads and character motivations are explained, but this is done in the most subtle way possible, with characters talking between them as if no one's looking instead of the infodumps a lot of writers resort to. This can be infuriating to a lot of people used to that way of telling stories, but if you paid attention carefully, everything will be explained.

Fi
Morgan
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the best in the series and the ending felt a little rushed to me. Too much was going on. However, I loved this series overall. Defiantly on of my favorite Vertigo titles. What I liked best about 100 Bullets is the characters and the little moments. Every now and then there were these little mundane moments that just made me love this comic book. Some of the one-shot stories were great too. Intense stuff, but worth the read if you like crime fiction.
Russio
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A strong conclusion to the saga - violent as ever - as the pieces finally come together, including the reasoning behind the attaches. Most editions have a dual narrative with two stories which segue into each other back and forth with dialogue that comments on the actions of each story. This paralleling is a clever trick but once you spot it, you don’t half realise it is over used.

Not as nasty as other compendia in the series, despite the high body count (or maybe because it is more acceptable t
Romulus
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Może jako samodzielna część zasługiwałaby na cztery gwiazdki. Ale w tym rzecz, że nie można jej tak oceniać. To ostatni fragment bardzo skomplikowanej fabuły. Nigdy wcześniej czegoś tak złożonego literacko w tej formie nie czytałem. Po dotarciu do finału tylko umocniłem się w zamiarze, aby wrócić do tej fabuły ponownie. I następnym razem przeczytać ją tom po tomie, bez kilkumiesięcznych przerw między nimi.

Nie wiem jeszcze czy finał mi się podobał. Oczywiście, nie oczekiwałem prostego zamknięcia
Sean P. O'Hair
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
I started this series when it first came out and really enjoyed it. I stopped about halfway through after losing a job and not being able to afford comics for awhile and was looking forward to finishing the story. Unfortunately I was not as impressed with it on the second go around. It starts off intriguing but then becomes confusing. The ending is disappointing and I never really understood how all these different stories fit together. Too many characters with mysterious motivations and agendas ...more
Jay
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
t.i.m
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gn-geekdom
3.5
Marek Michalak
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It;s a fantastic, complicated, dark and poignant ending to the one of the best crime comic books ever written. I know a lot of people hate this ending for being ambiguous, but I loved it.
M.i.
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I havent picked up a 100 bullets book in years but coming back to this felt a bit weird as there was a lot of context and backstory that I have forgotten. With that said, the writing is stellar and the art work gorgeous. There's enough intrigue and action going on to make this a worthy read. Perfect ending to a great series.
Simone Bruno
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Heroin, alcohol, smoky bars, cocaine, violence, mayhem, cold blooded murders, Mexican standoffs, murdered toddlers, italian mafia, theft, politics, explosions, mutilations, rape, vendetta, corruption, organized crime, katanas, guns, sex, lies, guilt, love, hate, desperation, redemption... What else to expect from crime fiction?
Aaron
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was worried going into this one. The first 3 volumes were SO INCREDIBLE, and then felt like they took a nosedive in volume 4 in the interest of making an already-complex plot even more complex to the point of outright confusion. I had no idea why some characters were doing what they were doing. It seemed like people were turning on each other just for kicks, and there were so many characters I had trouble remembering what half of them wanted. It seems, though, that Azzarello decided to run a m ...more
Kane S.
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was solid. It returned — somewhat — to the individual, concentrated stories that comprised the first two volumes of 100 Bullets. And I am grateful for that.

There are, however, two glaring issues with this comic book. Firstly, the overarching mythology/conspiracy is not nearly as interesting as Azzarello seems to think it is. And secondly, the characters are not as well defined as a work like this requires. The Minutemen constantly flipflop in their allegiances and I still can't figure out w
Pippo067
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cet opus termine une histoire de 2300 pages où l'on suit les histoires de plusieurs protagonistes. Le rythme est serré et ce n'est qu'au fil des pages que l'on commence à discerner l'endroit où les auteurs veulent nous guider. Histoire noire, harboiled, digne des meilleures sagas du genre. On est rarement en terrain connu et les surprises sont au rendez-vous. Pour les personnes qui veulent découvrir le comics américain autrement que par des histoires de super-héros, c'est absolument nécessaire d ...more
Ignatius Reilly
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, crime, own, re-read
The end of a phenomenal series. Loses some points for being rushed at the end as Azzarello painted himself into a corner by limiting the series to 100 issues. Really could have been better if he'd said fuck it and went over. Weakened what could have been one of the greatest series ever by sticking to a gimmic. Still, it really is a fantastic series, one of the best ones in the crime/mystery genre. Obviously I love it regardless, as I own and have re-read it, so it's still fantastic. Just fell fl ...more
Rodaballo
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
While it seemed that book 3-4 may have opened too many cans of worms, the long term plot comes to an end. And if this started with a suitcase with a gun, you can only imagine how this will end.

It succeeds at redeeming what may've been otherwise a "OH NO AMNESIA AND THE ILLUMINATI" series.
Kyle Fox
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
I wish I stopped after book 1. What a waste of time. So complicated. It just got too big. I enjoyed the stories at first of the people getting the briefcases and what drove them to do what they had to do. Then it all just fell apart......
Charlie
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
Great ending of this seies
Adam
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Cumulative rating for Books 1-5.
Jonathan Roberts
Feb 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
As with any finale there is a bit of let down but I enjoyed this entire series!
Louis

• Punisher Max: The Complete Collection, Vol. 2
  • DMZ The Deluxe Edition Book Two
  • The Goon, Volume 11: The Deformed of Body and the Devious of Mind
  • The X-Files: Year Zero
  • Fables (The Deluxe Edition, #7)
  • The Manhattan Projects, Vol. 5: The Cold War
  • Hack/Slash Volume 3: Friday the 31st (Hack/Slash)
  • Riverdale Vol. 1
  • Blade of The Immortal, Volume 16: Shortcut
  • Gravel, Volume 1: Bloody Liars (Gravel, #7)
  • Area 10
  • Morning Glories, Vol. 9: Assembly
  • Invincible, Compendium One
Brian Azzarello (born in Cleveland, Ohio) is an American comic book writer. He came to prominence with 100 Bullets, published by DC Comics' mature-audience imprint Vertigo. He and Argentine artist Eduardo Risso, with whom Azzarello first worked on Jonny Double, won the 2001 Eisner Award for Best Serialized Story for 100 Bullets #15–18: "Hang Up on the Hang Low".

Azzarello has written for Batman ("B

100 Bullets: The Deluxe Edition (5 books)
  • 100 Bullets: The Deluxe Edition Book I