Start by marking “Batwoman, Vol. 3: World's Finest” as Want to Read:
Batwoman, Vol. 3: World's Finest

Batwoman, Vol. 3: World's Finest

(Batwoman (2011) #3)

A New York Times Bestseller!

Batwoman's search for Medusa brings her together with the Amazing Amazon, Wonder Woman, but even the teaming of the World's Finest might not be enough to bring down the mythological monster--leading Bones, the DEO, Abbot and the Religion of Crime all descend on Gotham City to take part in the fight.

Collects BATWOMAN #12-17, #0.
Published March 30th 2013 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Batwoman, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batwoman, Vol. 3

Jayson
(B+) 79% | Good
Notes: Visually transgressive and stunning, it expresses in grandeur and vivid chiaroscuro the intensity and horror of detail.
Anne
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it

The only thing I think DC does consistently better than Marvel is female titles. I'm not saying that DC's female characters are better than Marvel's...just the titles. In fact, I would love to see some of the Marvel women get their own title, because I think there is some real potential to blow DC out of the water. As it is, I'm not really sure what Marvel has out there besides Captain Marvel (formerly Ms. Marvel). On the flip-side, DC has Wonder Woman (seems to be progressively getting
Sesana
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, superhumans
I have some very mixed feelings about this collection. What is good here is really, really good. But it's far from perfect, and there are some serious issues here. I love how Williams develops the characters here, and the internal monologues are fantastic, with great insights into the characters. I'm pleased to note that Wonder Woman is particularly well-written, something she doesn't always get, and that she and Batwoman work very nicely together. On the other hand, the plot seems to be poorly ...more
Crystal Starr Light
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Crystal Starr Light by: Anne
Bullet Review:

After Volume 2, I was ready to throw in the towel with Batwoman. Thank God for Anne's review, which convinced me to press on.

Gone is the confusing mumbo-jumbo mixed up storylines. Gone is the "WTF is going on?"

The top notch art is still here, but now we get answers. It's a bit wordy in places, but I could follow the storyline, I could understand what was going on (for the most part), and I FINALLY GOT ANSWERS.

And there's Wonder Woman too!

Oh, and that final scene with Kat and Mags?
James DeSantis
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Everyone seems to love this volume but I honestly thought volume 1-2 were stronger.

So Kate decides to recruit wonder woman to help her. We have here a story of two badass warriors teaming up to kick some butt. Sounds like the perfect recipe for some great comic action right? On top of that we get a nice big ending you might see coming. Oh yes, we also get the annual, which is basically a retelling of how Batwoman became who she is.

Good: The art is still pretty great and much easier to follow a
Jim
I really enjoyed this comic. It seems like usually when I read TPBs I'm just glad that I stopped paying a hefty monthly fee to get a stack of comics that end up sitting on my shelf collecting dust.

But this one was excellent.

Writing and art were both pretty amazing.

And there was a lot of both in this book. There was a lot of exposition. But I was so into, I didn't care. Several pages have narration that's separate from the art - but the art tells a story by itself. It's really creative and wel
Charlos
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Batwoman seems to be making good on the promise of the first volume, in spite of the mediocre volume two. Art is back up to lavish standards, even carrying stylistic differences between main characters. Story is good too, with a continuation on previous events but including a team-up with Wonder Woman which (considering the story) is logical rather than forced. Characterizations are well done, with people's thoughts and actions seeming much more grounded than many other New 52 titles. Not sure i ...more
Vishakha ~ ReadingSpren ~
Review of Volume 0
Review of Volume 1
Review of Volume 2

YES! YES! YES! After pushing through three migrane-inducing volumes I am FINALLY rewarded with the most satisfying conclusion of a story-arc. Where do I even begin? Oh I know! How about the coolest superhero in the entire fucking universe?

J.H. Williams is back in this volume and he has given us the most endearing and the most charismatic version of Batwoman yet. Kate Kane is a vision to behold. There was an enormous increase in the use of na
Jedi JC Daquis
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After that very disappointing volume two (which comes after an exceptional volume one), World's Finest is another great volume from the Batwoman run by J.H. Williams III. It is not as solid and crisp as Hydrology, but the visual treat and comic spectacle this has to offer is one of the best DC's New52 has to offer.

As what I have said with every Williams III comic that I have read (Sandman Overture and Promethea), everything is colorful and graceful. Batwoman's body and lush and sexy but never ob
Justyn Rampa
So this may be my favorite arc in Batwoman! It is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!

Covers: J.H. Williams III is back and better than ever in this gorgeous covers that deserve to be framed!!!

Artwork: Again, J.H Williams III is mostly in full effect here but also sharing some art duties with Amy Reeder and Trevor McCarthy. When Williams is drawing, you know it and it is just mind-blowingly awesome!!!

Storyline: Okay, so Batwoman and Wonder Woman team up to take on the Gorgon and a whole slew of other baddies
Cale
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was published by DC as part of the New 52? I ask because the quality is head and shoulders over just about every other book I've read in the series. Williams' art and framing is as beautiful and creative as always, but this collection hits it out of the park with the story. It includes the zero issue which is a fantastic standalone introduction to the character of Kathy Kane, grounding her and developing her masterfully. And the main story, the culmination of the series so far, plays out re ...more
Noetic_Hatter
This volume concludes the Mother of Monsters storyline that's been going since the beginning of the run, this time guest-starring Wonder Woman. Thank the gods it's over. I had become so tired of that plotline. Like a season finale, all the characters come together for the big climactic fight, which ends with a "Eh, is that all there is?" They still don't know how they want to write Cameron Chase; I wish the DEO would just go away.

JHW's artwork is still lovely, and it's still not always easy to
Ryan
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was really enjoyable. Kate continues to be the best thing to come out of the Bat family in decades, if not ever, and it was interesting to see how she related to and interacted both with Wonder Woman and with a supernatural threat that was clearly over her head.

Also, no spoilers, but the last page made me happier than any comic page has in a long time. I might stop reading Batwoman and treat that as a proper ending.
Ma'Belle
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
J.H. Williams III keeps getting better and better at writing (I have no idea how much the other guy, Haden or something, is involved. I'm sure they're both doing their share, but I'm more familiar with Williams, so he'll get the praise.).

Compared to so many other built up story arcs where the climax leaves much to be desired, I loved everything about how this superhero team-up and show-down went.
Damián Vives
Aug 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Con el retorno de Williams a los lápices la serie se levanta para dar un gran final a la trama inaugural. Un guión sólido que entremezcla de manera efectiva el noir con el terror paranormal y la mitología.
Jessica (HighFantasyFanatic)
I will say it again Batwoman is the most underrated title in the new 52 and DC in general.

This was glorious Batwoman and Wonderwoman, i have been blessed.
Paweł
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dc, new-52
Zdecydowanie jedna najlepszych serii. Tom zjada wszystko inne na śniadanie. Mocną fabułę prowadzą mocne postacie. Świetną oprawę artystyczną wypełnia równie świetna treść. Fantastyczna forma komiksu przyciąga estetyką; na każdej stronie chce się spędzić jak najwięcej czasu, żeby pochłonąć wszystkie szczegóły. Epickich, dwustronnych panoram tutaj pełno. Oby tak dalej.
ChrisVigilante
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonder Woman and Batwoman teaming up was amazing. The bog battle was amazing. All the fights were. This one was linear thank the Gods. It was also just fast-paced and a great ride that I wish had kept going.

I love Maggie too by the way!

Great volume. Great end to the Medusa saga.

5 Stars!!!
Megan
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
That time Wonder Woman and Batwoman had a play date in the underbelly of the earth
Elinor Master of Gifs
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
4,75
L'alliance entre Batwoman et Wonder Woman est à la fois géniale et bizarre.
MC
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Batwoman, Vol. 3: World's Finest concludes the arc of the first three volumes of Batwoman's title since the “New 52” reboot, and finds Batwoman feeling quite out of her depth in her investigations of the supernatural entities behind the abduction of Gotham City's children. When she discovers (along with the government agency who have blackmailed her into working for them) the connections to Greek mythology, she seeks help from Wonder Woman. Thus, the title of the volume is an homage to the title ...more
Alan
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Williams has, for the duration of his run on the character, turned Kate Kane into my current favorite female super hero of the moment (and yes I know he left the book). Kate Kane is damn near a three dimensional character, and not a lot of writers pull that off in any medium.

Be forewarned this TPB is not for everyone. I say that not because of Kate's much publicized lesbianism, frankly that doesn't matter a whit to me, but because of the way Williams and crew use the artwork in unique ways. Add
Michael Church
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dc-comics
This book was amazing. Definitely the best installment in the series so far. It took everything from the first two volumes and turned it up to eleven. The action, the art, the drama, the genuine ethos of the characters, all of it.

The story is a continuation of the supernatural stuff going on previously. The best part is they find a legitimate reason for Batwoman to team up with Wonder Woman through this. While Diana may not look as good in this book as her own, she's still stunning and it's a h
Wing Kee
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
The art is back!!

World: Astonishing art is back and this series is insanely good again. Art should not be the be all and end all, but for this series it is because it is so closely tied into everything that without Williams III's art this series would be not the same. The world building this arc is superb tying both the Batwoman supernatural world to the Diana mythological world, fantastic. The panels in the art really brought these worlds together and also displayed how different they are. Wond
Kyle
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dcu
I read this in one, nail-biting session. I couldn't put it down. Maybe it was because my two favourite superheroines were teamed up in one epic mystery. Maybe it was because the artwork is so darn compelling to look at (every page is a uniquely storyboarded experience that throws conventional comic-booking out the window). Maybe it was because all of the previous year's work on this title, all the weird storylines of missing children and urban legends and shape-shifting monster cults, was rigoro ...more
Ryan Mishap
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: batman-et-al
While I am not normally a fan of utilizing the supernatural in Batman and related comics--I prefer the straight up crime fighting and detective work--this iteration of Batwoman has blown the doors off the conventional, mainstream medium of the Bat-comic.

Actions bleeds across the background as foregrounded characters speak or think; panels arc in a circle, a hall of mirrors one has to pay close attention to lest you miss something. Bold, violent, gory, creepy, large-scale storytelling that doesn'
Joseph
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five stars for the Batwoman/Wonder Woman relationship alone. The way they're both impressed and insecure about one another is brilliant, and brilliantly written. Honestly, my problem with Wonder Woman is that she always seems like little more than a symbol or a placeholder. A major figure just because DC needed a female character to balance out the Superman/Batman duo. But here she's fleshed out and real in a way I've never really seen (maybe I'm just not reading the right comics). Williams give ...more
Sam Poole
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Took me forever to get through and didn't really love it until the last chapter and a half and another quick glance through everything else. First of all- this is a GREAT Diana. Second- the art is just amazing. Seriously 10/10 best art I've ever seen in a comic book level shit. Maggie's solo parts can feel irritating or slipshod, but Bette Kane as Hawkfire is a great detail thay humanizes Her as someone who can overcome serious trauma and return to where she belongs. Pegasus annoyed me for some ...more
Andrew
This volume completes the Medusa/missing children arc. It is much better than volume 2, which used a split storyline to try and create more suspense than was necessary. Batwoman’s stories fill Gotham City with characters and events that are outside of the typical Batman arcs, which make them more interesting. (Think about it: if Wonder Woman is called on, what kind of adversaries are in town?)

Watching Batwoman's interaction with Wonder Woman was fun. Both end up a little bit unnerved, but they m
Chris Lemmerman
Sep 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Medusa storyline comes to its conclusion as J. H. Williams III returns to art duties, and it is glorious to look at. The story does feel a little rushed near the end, hence the lack of a perfect score, but this is just as good as the previous Batwoman volumes for the most part thanks to the tight plotting, innovative and gorgeous artwork, and compelling characters. The issue that looks entirely at the Medusa conflict from Maggie's perspective is a stand-out, for example.
  • Batgirl, Vol. 2: Knightfall Descends
  • Earth 2, Vol. 2: The Tower of Fate
  • Birds of Prey, Volume 1: Trouble in Mind
  • Justice League Dark, Volume 2: The Books of Magic
  • Supergirl, Vol. 3: Sanctuary
James H. "Jim" Williams III, usually credited as J. H. Williams III, is a comic book artist and penciller. He is known for his work on titles such as Chase, Promethea and Desolation Jones.

Batwoman (2011) (6 books)
  • Batwoman, Vol. 1: Hydrology