Start by marking “The Ghosts of Blood and Innocence (Wraeththu Histories, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Ghosts of Blood and Innocence (Wraeththu Histories, #3)

The Ghosts of Blood and Innocence (Wraeththu Histories #3)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  520 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Darquiel har Aralis lives among the hidden tribe of Olopade, in ignorance of his identity, and as he grows up, Darq realizes he is different from any other har. After a disastrous attempt to incept his closest friend, he attracts the attention of the mysterious Thiede, and learns that his origins are more astounding than he imagined.

Loki har Aralis is the favoured son of t
Published June 13th 2006 by Tor Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Ghosts of Blood and Innocence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ghosts of Blood and Innocence

Richard Derus
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Rating: 3* of five

Wraeththu as a concept strikes me now as not terribly gay. At the time I read this, maybe I thought it was on a par with Ethan of Athos as social commentary, but now it feels forced and slightly silly to me.

Also, pelki? EW.
Maria in the 16th century
Jun 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, fantasy
I'd really like to write a good review, not only of this book but of the two trilogies I've just finished. However, a string of adjectives such as "amazing", "stunning", "fabulous" and so on doesn't feel like enough! No matter how I try to describe how I felt reading these books, with its complex main characters, its colourful, rich array of secondary characters, and how they all relate in a hundred complex ways, plus the vidid descriptions, the magical settings, the mysteries of love, sex and p ...more
Charly
Oct 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
My favorite of the series

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 9/10

PROS:
- It’s interesting seeing all of the events in this story from the perspectives of new characters. We get to see many of the old favorites (the main characters from the earlier books), but we see them with a new set of eyes, from the point of view of young hara who don’t know all the political and emotional history of everyone else.
- Constantine creates multi-dimensional characters w
Belcky
Aug 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spec-fic
Back when I reviewed the first Wraeththu trilogy, I mentioned I could accept the ending but didn't find it personally satisfying. Without giving anything away, I'll just say that this trilogy gave me what I felt I was missing. It gave it gradually, so that with each book I thought, "Okay, sure, I get that, but how are you gonna explain how it relates to *this* now?" By the end of this book, though, I had no more questions.

I'm glad to have it all explained, and I enjoyed the experience of learnin
Nexus Redsnow
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Better than Wraiths (#1 of Histories/#4 of all six), slightly worse than Shades (#2/5), which I consider the best book out of all 6, but out of my love for this series as a whole, I decide to give it 5 stars in the end as well. Why not.

I am overwhelmed by a strong sense of "And now what". I hate leaving worlds, once I have learned to love them and feel comfortable within them. (It's why I re-read books so much.)
....I guess I gotta read all the other stories within the universe now. (Not sure h
Lindsay
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
As was my complaint with several other books in the Wraeththu universe, the fascinating characters are somewhat lost in the overly-involved storyline, and every new friendship could be reality shattering (sometimes literally). I would have liked something more down-to-earth, without all the cosmic entities and parallel universes. Darq was not the most believable character since he was so different from everyone else, and I didn't buy into those differences.

Aruna as a concept was still dealt wit
Nate Garvison
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I love when stories end, but don't really end, only to hint at more. That's how this series ended for me. I'm glad things are finally going better for this new race of people!

This book felt like a major departure from the rest of the Wraeththu books, but I believe it was purposeful. Storm Constantine wrote this from the perspective of a new generation of hara coming into their own, which is different from the first generation struggles of a new species. I found it masterfully crafted and perfect
Erulisse
Feb 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This final book of the Wreaththu Histories brings the generational gap between the founders of Wreathu (those who were incepted) - and the pure-born Wreaththu (those who were pearls) full circle. The battle for the control of Wreaththu and the world has gone into other lands and through the outer pathways, battles are being fought between beings far beyond the comprehension of Wreaththu. Yet their very survival depends on their understanding and negotiating with all of these varied entities. Who ...more
Kate
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I love this series. Storm Constantine’s writing style is beautiful and rich, sometimes dark and erotic, sometimes lyrical. The world-building is wonderful, mysterious, and more complete with other realms beyond the earthly reality having been revealed.

But I don't really like the complicated relationships among certain characters in this trilogy very much, because sometimes they let me feel troubled, even annoyed, especially those in The Shades of Time and Memory.

Although the ending is happy an
Cedony
This was my least favorite of the Wreaththu series. I found it really hard to follow, but that may just be because it's been a long time since I read the other books in the series and had to stop and think about characters and events that I'd already forgotten about.

I enjoyed the beginning very much, but there was a long stretch towards the middle of the book where I was very bored by the events and just wanted to skim forward to the end. But my love for the rest of the series had me reading thr
  • The Chosen
  • Wolves (Raised By Wolves, #4)
  • The Golden Sword (Branion, #4)
  • The White Road (Nightrunner, #5)
  • Corambis (Doctrine of Labyrinths, #4)
  • The Fall of the Kings (Riverside, #3)
  • Shadow Magic (Havemercy #2)
  • Shadowdance
  • The Merro Tree
  • Quid Pro Quo (The Administration, #2)
  • Shadow Man
  • Burndive (Warchild #2)
Storm Constantine (b. 1956) is a British science fiction and fantasy author, primarily known for her Wraeththu series.

Since the late 1980s she has written more than 20 novels, plus several non-fiction books. She is featured in the Goth Bible and is often included in discussions of alternative sexuality and gender in science fiction and fantasy; many of her novels include same-sex relationships or
More about Storm Constantine...

Wraeththu Histories (3 books)
  • The Wraiths of Will and Pleasure (Wraeththu Histories, #1)
  • The Shades of Time and Memory (Wraeththu Histories, #2)