Start by marking “Torrential” as Want to Read:
Torrential

Torrential

When May Young transfers to Rothschild University, her new roommate makes her a startling bet—she'll convince her CEO parents to hire May's struggling mother if May can be the first to warm the heart of Sebastian Crane, their school’s top competitive swimmer.

Sebastian is gorgeous, genius, and a notorious loner with nothing but ice for anyone who tries to get close, includ
Published July 1st 2013

To ask other readers questions about Torrential, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torrential

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 2.5 HEARTS

I instantly fell in love with this new genre, "New Adult", when it was first introduced and all the stories that I have read in the genre were satisfying, beyond exceptional or at the most something to talk about. Unfortunately, there is such a thing as a too much cliche New Adult read, and I just experienced my first one.

Torrential had great potential, yet, regrettably it was not invested in accordingly. Initially, I was going to give this a 1.5 star rating but there is one t
Fiza
Mar 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult, romance
May has always been busy taking care of her mother but her mother promises her that she is fine now. Setting May free to do what she wants to do, she decides to go to attend a school where her best friend, Tanner, is waiting for her. Tanner is the one to give her a tour around campus, which is cut short when they happen upon the pool and May's eyes focus on the person currently occupying it. Sebastian. Even though Sebastian acts like a douche, she still feels sorry for him. Not only that, he's a ...more
Sara Williams
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I give this book five spectacular stars!

I absolutely loved this book! I loved almost everything about it.

First of all there's May. She's sweet, kind, and most of all, stubborn. When she first meets Sebastian, she's instantly drawn to him because she sees that he's hiding something underneath his cold, arrogant exterior. Something about him just makes her want to understand him. So when she saves him from drowning, she makes a deal with him: he has to spend time with her, and she won't tell anyon
Mitchii
You know what; I didn’t expect anything from it. Ok, that was lie I do have expectation. A very normal expectation particularly when it comes to New Adult books. This genre is as if manufactured with different label, packaging but the contents are all the same. So there is something to be said with low expectations. When you level the bar at its lowest you tend to appreciate the little significant parts.

Like the others it is also about a boy with tragic past and living his life with his icy exte
Maria Franco
Jul 09, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked the story! Tanner, may and sebastian were aces. Good characters and a strong female protagonist. What I did not like about the book was the absurd fear that because of sebastian something would happen to may. It just seemed really fake and unbelievable. Also, the ending was super rushed and I just couldn't wrap my head around sebastian and may dropping out of college and running away together and just the whole situation with Opal. That's why the book lost points for me which resulted in ...more
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Yep a 5! I love May, I love Sebastian and I love Tanner.... Love the story, was hot, angst is there,.. was funny and I hope their story continues.... I love Renee too... Everything in this story is fast, I love it!
Katy
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
I thought this book had a lot of potential, but overall, I thought it was just okay. I felt a lot of this book was rushed. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Morgan should have dragged out the story. But I did feel a lot of it was just surface deep.

Take Tanner. The summary and the beginning of the book lead us to believe that he's madly, deeply in love with May for a long time. Sure, there was a scene where everything blew up, but it was very short lived, and I felt he got over it really quickly.
Genna
Jul 08, 2013 rated it liked it
To be fair, I'll go with 3.5 stars. I absolutely was drawn into this book, right from the cover to the plot. While I was uneasy with how Opal positioned May OUT OF NOWHERE I went with it, who doesn't love a book with a few bets? I enjoyed how May didn't give a crap if Sebastian wanted to be her friend or not she was like, "Here I am, get used to it." I loved their banter to no end and was happy with the progression. I have to admit just in my own opinion I hate how quickly some authors throw the ...more
Lelyana
Jul 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Well, this is not what I expected from the beginning.
The ending is somehow, very distracting, annoying and it's not supposed to be the ending ffs!

It was good and promising story. With college students typical, with mystery here and there.
I can see the author was meant to make this one mysterious and adventurer.

But come on...why did they have to run away? Bad guy wins the game? Come on...it's just doesn't make sense to me.

It will be okay for me if this is going to have a sequel...but still...I
valeria
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book, i really enjoy reading this book, was quick to read, it was funny, in parts some distress, i love May she was funny and sweet, i loved Sebastian, and Tanner was so cute and funny i loved it, and even i like Renne, i hope that the story continue by the way the book ended
Shelly
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Changed my rating to 5 stars , it's been 2 days since I read this & this book has stayed in my thoughts ,actually really liked the female character more then I thought I did , she didn't give up easily or listen to any shit
Jennifer ♛Jenna♛
I liked the beginning and middle of the book, but the ending really didn't do it for me. I liked that May looked beyond Sebastian's rough exterior and was able to reach him. Overall the book was good I just thought the ending didn't fit with the rest of the story.
Eye in Bookland
Nov 09, 2013 rated it liked it
I really, really like this book, but please !!! someone tell me that itll be a second book, is not fair that final !! I need a second book please !!! ...more
Ubon Inthongxay
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ending could have been better. Interesting twist in the end though.
Alison Lau
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just finished this book. This book was awesome!!! I love Sebastian!!! I loved the story beginning to end. I am really looking forward to more books from Eva!!!
Sylvia
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sebastian with such a troubled past and horrible father. Takes one girl to let him see his worth. Such a great suspenseful, tragic, and hot story. I need more Sebastain and May !
Carole
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I didn't expect to enjoy this book so much, but I was wrong.
I just wish it didn't end. There are still so many unanswered questions.
Inna
Reviewed by Inna for Inna's Little Bookshelves
When it comes to New Adult most books follow a similar pattern. A shy, sometimes damaged innocent girl falls for the playboy, popular, campus manwhore guy, and makes him realize that his promiscuity is not what he should want from life. The End. This book was so different from that and the novel itself could only be described as real.
May is a girl who doesn't believe in love after her father walked out on her. She stays away from guys and anything l
Angie
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: new-adult, read-2016
Torrential had a lot of potential, but ultimately let me down. I knew things were going to be rocky from that very first chapter. Sebastian Crane (you must use his full name) was just not a likeable person. Although, he's like that on purpose to keep from caring about anyone. Then he meets May, who won't let him push her away. Yes, this is the typical, saved by the power of love type New Adult. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it didn't do anything new.

Let's start with these very irritati
Ella Johnson
Jul 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think the book deserves four stars but if I was rating how much I enjoyed it, it would would be five.
The book was interesting and defiantly good, the editing was the only thing that was appalling in this book, the fact that sometimes something like the word 'everything' would have been written instead of 'anything', so sometimes the text was hard to understand. Or when it seems like words, more that one, are missing. The actual context was good although sometimes fast paced. And normally I li
Alumina Ratawa
Dec 19, 2013 rated it liked it
We'll you know that saying "expect the unexpected", we'll lets just say that you have to!!! Torrential is any thing but a romance novel.
You know the one where girl meets boy, finds him intregening, boy pushes girl away due to certain happenstances, girl does not stand for his bullshit, boy and girl fall in love and have 2.5 kids, a house with that white picket fence oh and a dog and live happily ever after....
Yeh!!! Well readers heads up cause all that lovey dovey sap isn't the structure or plot
Juju
Apr 16, 2014 rated it liked it
It was good in some ways as well bad in others.
I loved Sebastian and I liked the herione too.
My english is far from perfect but it was full of spelling and grammar errors. I make typos a lot, but im not an author... I dont have an editor.
I liked the idea of the book, and Eva Morgan did a good job in storytelling. I agree with other reviewers, the ending was a littlebit hasty or out of the blue superfast.
This book is a perfect for three stars, somewhere in the middle.
Dana ~ The Dirty Smut'atter
I really enjoyed this story and was able to connect quickly with the two characters. I could only imagine seeing the pain in the eyes of Sebastian that faithful night May walked into the pool!! I loved that May never backed down and pushed him to admit he deserved to be loved and to love others. I could only imagine the level of pain that he must have faced over the years, but to see May breakdown his defenses was really a treat.
Jennifer Green
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this book, and it's a testament to my want that I kept reading into the wee hours to get to the end. But the characters and their stories just never worked for me. And the twist at the end really didn't work for me in any way. It just made me sad as it sealed the deal on my two star rating.
GTR33GURL
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book May was sweet and Sebastian was a onion you had to peel back a layer at a time and May did that for him a lot of drama Sebastian father was horrid and a crazy half sister he didn't know about trying to kill him then a HFN!!! I would definitely like to read more about Tanner he was awesome 4 YA stars!!!
Daniela
Apr 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
this book it actually surprised me, ( in a good way) the main female character it was likeable, and the main male character was complex, sexy and a swimmer so... I don't know what else you could ask for. Also, the end is something you don' t see coming at all !!! really loved it and I would loved it even more if it has a sequel :D
Rheanon
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love how opposite the leading characters' personality were and how they compliment each other on the later part of the story. Though i was expecting more from it, like what happened to sebastian's father, did opal survived and how about May Young's mother? Nevertheless I'm still giving it 4 solid gold stars :)
Sarah Anne
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Okay I loved this book! Yes, the chapters with Tanner's POV was a bit odd but whatever. the part that got me cheesed was the ending! It's cute but it's so unfinished! like it leaves it completely open-ended ... Morgan better be coming out with a sequel .... I need it!!!!!
Genney Blass
Apr 07, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. The cover was lovely. But I truly was not feeling the story. Wow, Sebastian's has so many issued that I was just confused. And May, My God, Dayum WTF! Sorry. I apologize if I offended anyone. But again, I truly loved the Cover!
Jnv
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved this book...May was the best heroine. Loved that she wasn't the typical blushing fainting damaged new adult heroine. She had grit and was funny and pursued her man ;). I would have given it 5 stars if not for the ending, I'm really hoping for a sequel.
Who's read this? 2 17 Aug 15, 2013 07:29PM

• A Werewolf's Tale (Forbidden Alliance, #1)
  • The Name of the Game
  • Falling in Love with Crazy
  • How to Discipline Your Vampire (DommeNation, #1)
  • Fighting Faith
  • Picture Perfect
  • Love Like Fireworks (Love Like Fireworks, #1)
  • Awakenings
  • Rentboy
  • Inked Magic (Inked Magic, #1)
  • Games People Play
  • Found (Penny Black #1)
  • Jade (Three J'Amigos, #1)
  • Finally (Windy City, #1)
  • Whole
  • Left of Centre
  • Getting Real
  • Perfectly Hopeless
Eva Morgan is a twenty-something author who loves to read and write when she probably should be doing other things. Her new release, a modern-day Sherlock Holmes retelling (in high school!) called LOCKED, will be out February 10, 2014.