Start by marking “Temporary Bliss (Bliss, #1)” as Want to Read:
Temporary Bliss (Bliss, #1)

Temporary Bliss

(Bliss #1)

Makenna Lewis cringes at any mention of the word commitment. She doesn’t want or need a relationship, but she does like sex (who doesn't).

That explains Noah, Sean, and Zander, her three 'friends with benefits'.

They know the score, they know they're not the only one, and each of them provide her with a different physical need that she craves and enjoys.

Until a late night
Published August 27th 2013 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Temporary Bliss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Temporary Bliss

• Lisa •
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 ALL ABOUT DANIEL STARS.

description

A weakness for any romance book I devour is the, will they won't they? factor and this book has just that and a whole lot more. A few good reviews and blurb that sounded right up my street had me racing to amazon to hook my kindle up with this treat and I didn't take one look back. Here are my thoughts ...

What's it all about?
Makenna 'Mac' Lewis fell crashing into love with her high school sweetheart unfortunately for this love stuck beauty this love turned sour and she f
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Pu6 by sb_zpsn09wxtcx.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (2/18/2017)

Stand-alone book 1.
FREE: https://www.amazon.com/Temporary-Blis...
BLURB:

That explains Noah, Sean, and Zander, her three 'friends with benefits'.

Until a late night encounter with th
Brenna
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LIVE ON AMAZON --> http://amzn.to/18lUCsb

This is one of those curl up on the couch on a rainy day, don’t want to get up to eat, read ‘til you finish kind of books. As soon as I started Temporary Bliss I was hooked. I had a big goofy grin on my face, this book just made me feel good. I loved it.

At twenty years old, Makenna aka “Mac” lost herself in a bad relationship. Scarred but determined to always be independent, she makes a vow to herself that she will never let a man dictate her life ag
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

This is such an awesome light and sweet read!

Mac Is 24yrs old, she does not do relationships because of her past..

Until she meets Daniel

Mac gets everything she never thought she would.....but she's scared of loosing herself again for a man.
Until Daniel...

Love is unexpected and love changes you!

Sandra
2.5 STARS.

It began rather interesting but ended up being worse and worse. I did not like the female lead - found her annoying and simply unlikable. I wanted to strangle her most of the time.

The plot was nearly non-existant. I can sum it up in three paragraphs - 24 year old woman got in a bad relationship in the past, and doesn't want to get emotionally attached to men because she doesn't want anyone to control her life anymore. As a result, she has 3 sexy 'friends with benifits' or 'fuck buddies
AJ
I love this book! It’s funny, dirty and romantic with a confident, sassy heroine and four very fine guys to drool over. Are you hooked yet?

Makenna (Mac) hit rock bottom four years ago, escaping an abusive relationship, and made a vow to herself that she would live her own life. She would never let a man control her, and never get close enough to one for that to even become a possibility. She has three fuck buddies - each meeting a different need for her, and each very aware of the other and how
Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️
4 Gorgeous Fell In Love with Superman Stars!!

OMFG........why did I wait so long to read this!! This was a fun, sexy, funny romance. I loved Mac's inner monologue and shit....I just loved Mac. I think we're sisters from another mister....seriously!!!

Mackenna Lewis was in a bad relationship four years ago and sense then she has vowed to never let a man get close to her heart again. In order to make sure this happens, she has "no strings" sex. Dont judge....she's not a whore!! Mac keeps her sextiv
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Wow. Too many hot men in this book!

Mac has been through a bad relationship and has vowed to never let history repeat itself.

And so she has not 1 but 3 "friends with benefits".

But then she meets Daniel Winters...

This man is seriously swoon worthy, but I'm not suppose to swoon

Their relationship grew with each date and I loved the flirting and teasing.

Until then, I'll have to rename my shower head Daniel and have some fun with him

The writing was fun to read and this is one of those books that
Nikki Groom
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tour, arc, h-o-t
Before I start on my review I just want to say there is NO Cliffhanger, NO Cheating, a happy ever after and VERY HOT sex scenes!

I just loved this book.
It has a refreshing change of pace and characters that you can't help but fall in love with.
The really rare find with this little gem is that I really liked the female lead. She is smart, sassy and sharp witted.
She isn't a virgin, she's not naive and she knows what she does and doesn't want.
Not only that, she's lucky enough to have 3 friends with
Jen
Sep 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Makenna “Mac” fell in love with a stupid boy in school, Beau. When they fell on hard times he was offered a job with his uncle in Ohio and begs Mac to come with him. Even though everyone in her family and friends do not think it’s a good idea, Mac goes anyway. Once there Mac soon finds out that Beau has changed and not in a good way. She finds herself all alone with no money, no friends and is now in an abusive relationship. She’s finally had enough and calls her best friend to ask for help in g ...more
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Aug 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
description

Mackenna Lewis has commitment issues, and she has every right to have them too. Having been burned by an emotionally and physically abusive relationship, Mac makes the decision to never again allow a man to dictate to her, nor make her feel less than herself.

‘Walking away from this life, I make a vow to myself; never again will my life be dictated by a man, and never again will I let love lead me astray.’ Mac

Feeling as if she has become the shell of her former self, Mac heads back home and bac
Audrey
It's 3 am and I feel like shouting to anyone who's still awake to go and buy it but realise this is ARC and the book won't be out till next week. DAMN!

I really enjoyed this book and had a great feeling about it. It started with Mac's journey that shaped the person she became. And how much an experience changed a person. It touched on abusive relationship and how it affected her.

Mac. I love her. She reminded of Samantha Jones from SATC and I love it! It's very refreshing to read about heroine th
Jeanne
Aug 24, 2013 rated it liked it

Makenna Lewis avoids serious relationships and commitments after a bad break-up four years ago. She stays satisfied with three male friends who occasionally provide extra benefits....

photo tumblr_mqml1kDCc11s8ooxgo1_500_zpse3dfa6ee.gif

Then she meets Delicious "Sex on the Beach" Daniel on the L- train. Her best friend Kate convinces her to give dating a chance and challenges her to go on three sex free dates. Daniel is charming, sweet and sexy. He wants Makenna to give him a chance and isn't interested in sharing her with her " friends":)

I th
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Aug 17, 2013 marked it as 1-can-never-read-avoid
Sleeps with 3 men hopping from on bed to another.. nobody cares they are all ok sharing her. I'm gonna pass just like I'd pass if a hero was doing this. Sex for just sex isn't for me..Gotta be feelings and some sort of exclusive commitment. I'm sort of the rare one of my GR friends that expect the same from my heroines as my heroes.
Sara
Aug 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
The story starts off dark and sad. Makenna aka Mac, was in a bad relationship with her high school boyfriend. She's finally had enough and gets the hell out

4 years later........
This lucky bitch has 3 men in her penis harem!!!

Theres Noah, a resident doctor at the hospital she works at. She's a nurse.
There's Sean, an older gentleman who she gets the Dom treatment from
And rounding out the harem is Zander, the flirtatious male stripper.
All know about each other. And all know Mac is a huge commitm
Stacey is Sassy
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
She had 3 in the hand...but the 4th is the charm.

Temporary Bliss was a pleasant surprise to me. Mac had been previously hurt by a boyfriend who claimed to love her. So she put barriers around her heart to protect her from ever being hurt again. She manages to move on by organising three men to become her friends with benefits. The conditions are that only friendship is on offer and each man has a special "talent" in the bedroom...lucky Mac!

Daniel meets Mac and there is an instant attraction. Thi
Tammy  Zautner
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
My brain is totally fried between my college course, my kids, and reviewing therefore my review will be a bit different this time around. If I like how it turns out I may even stick to this method.

Four men, no strings, and one sexually confident woman...that is until she met her match! (no cheating involved)

"Aside from our physical relationships, I'm friends with all three of them. Each man provides me with a different physical need that I crave and desire; that sometimes I just want. But I'm no
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Temporary Bliss by BJ Harvey

4 stars!!

ARC received from author for an honest review.

“I’ve been single and happy for the past four years; happily sexed up and fulfilled for the past eighteen months with three of the most accommodating and laid back guys I’ve ever met. What’s to complain about?”

Temporary Bliss is the first book in a new series by BJ Harvey, this is the “Bliss Series” and this story belongs to one hell of a sassy chick Makenna Lewis.

Makenna fell in love whilst at school, he hit a ro
Tough Critic Book Reviews
Rough around the edges and shiny in the middle...

I hate starting off a review negatively. It's the equivalent of meeting a cute old lady on the street and then punching her in the face, repeatedly. I'd much rather just make an inappropriate comment, tell you something good, and then rip off the bandaid. Well, I must have put my ass on backwards this morning because I'm going to go ahead and get the reasons why I gooded this book over with.

The book started off by intriguing the hell out of me. It
Brianna Maddox
I loved this book, I loved this book!!!! I read it in one sitting which is weird because my last read was like that as well. I love when books completely take over like that. This was a quick read as well. I loved Daniel and Mac!!! This story was amazing! I just want to gush all day!
I haven't started checking to see who will be in the sequels, but now I'm very curious. Can't wait to see who's next!!!
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
Sexy romance about a girl afraid to commit and a man that wants all of her.
Coco.V
Nov 20, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/20/2017)! 💝
Michelle
Jun 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 01-signed
ARC received from Author in exchange for an honest review.

It felt like since forever since I was given a chance to get a glimpse into the world of Mac and her never ending supply of penises. The wait was torturous! But it is finally over. Temporary Bliss was a fantastic story about a girl that although was self confident with her sexual needs; created a world of casual encounters to safeguard her heart.

Mac had all her bases covered. She had three men available to meet all of her needs. They eac
Janey
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, favourites
4.5 Superman stars

I. Was. Hooked....totally! This book drew me in and I couldn't put it down.

Makenna Lewis had fallen in love. She'd followed her Beau across country, but found a different side to him, and found herself aching for the boy she'd fallen for. The relationship ended traumatically, leaving Mac vowing to avoid any form of commitment in the future.

4 years later and Mac is in a very different place. She is happy in her nursing job, and is happy with her sex life. Who wouldn't be with 3
London
Feb 21, 2014 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @20%
Dialogue was too cheesy and the writing style felt like amateur hour
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

***5 AWESOMESAUCE STARS***

This book was absolutely AMAZEBALLS!!!! I loved it from the first page to the last. This is the first book I have ever read by BJ Harvey, but let me tell you this will not be the last. I can't even begin to tell you how great this book was. I don't feel that what ever I say in this review will not do this book justice. This book had everything that a 5 star read should have. I laughed, I cried, I swooned, I
Trish Bedroom Bookworms
Temporary Bliss by BJ Harvey
I swear this book gave me whiplash. We start out in the prologue with this heavy, gritty, gripping look at Mac's life. I was all set for a really great story of overcoming adversity. But then.....we flash forward a few years and I was a little stunned.
Here's the thing - I love non-virginal heroines. I get really sick of virgins or near-virgins or women who just need the love (and tongue) of a good man to break free from their frigidity and love sex. I like a heroine
Shayna
Temporary Bliss by BJ Harvey was an incredibly sexy, hilarious, emotional read. The characters were amazing. I mean every single ridiculously funny character! Mac is a chick that I definitely want to party with. Especially if she can introduce me to her three hot "friends," Noah, Sean, and Zander.

"Everything he gave me was everything I never knew I wanted."

Makenna Lewis is a character that I could relate too on every level, commitment phobia included! God, what I would give to have a set-up lik
Annmarie
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
  • Seduce (Beautiful Rose, #1)
  • Ending a Broken Journey (Journey, #1)
  • Man of My Dreams (Dreams, #1)
  • Clover
  • Inky (The Leaves, #1)
  • Sarah Mine
  • Every Breath (Every Life, #1)
  • Ditching the Dream (Dream, #1)
  • Rotten
  • Freeing Tuesday (Save Me, #2)
  • The Gold Crown (Golden Crown, #3)
  • Chosen Heart (Hart, #1)
  • Used (Getting Inside of V, #1)
  • Unexpected Angel (Isthmus Alliance, #1)
  • Hers (Hers, #1)
  • Breaking Elle (Break Me, #1)
  • Breaking Free (Breaking #1)
  • Two Roads
BJ Harvey is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the Bliss Series. She also regards herself as a smut peddler, suspense conjurer and a funny romance thinker upper.

An avid music fan, you will always find her singing some hit song badly but loving every minute of it. She’s a wife, a mom to two beautiful girls, and hails from what she considers as the best country in the world—New Zealand. Currently

Bliss (4 books)
  • True Bliss (Bliss, #2)
  • Blissful Surrender (Bliss, #3)
  • Finding Bliss (Bliss, #4)
“Whatever happened in the past belongs in the past. Learn from it, grow, and move on. Don't let it determine your future.” 13 likes
“You’re my forever girl … You always have been, and if I have my way, you always will be.” 13 likes