Start by marking “First Born (Lily Moore, #1)” as Want to Read:
First Born (Lily Moore, #1)

First Born

(Lily Moore #1)

When twenty-six-year-old graphic designer Lily Moore shapeshifts for the first time, Atlanta police detectives consult wildlife experts to sort through the bizarre forensic evidence she leaves in her wake. Her traumatic transformation coincides with murder and Lily finds herself the center of a mad vortex of area crimes.

On the run, Lily turns to her younger bro
ebook
Published May 2013 by Blue Portal Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about First Born, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Born

Maria's Book Blog
May 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
WOW, WOW, WOW talk about suspense!!! I love a good page turner, especially when there are shape shifters involved, and Ms. Zoeller did NOT disappoint!!

When attacked by her not so gentlemanly date, Lily Moore shape shifts for the very first time in her life causing her to lash out and fight back. She flees the scene of the crime and in doing so builds the suspicion against her. In her new form she's taken in by a coworker who has no idea what or who she really is. Trying to stay out of the publi
Willowolfe
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is kick-ass! The humor is wicked and the characters are sexy and realistic. I enjoyed this book immensely and I highly recommend it. It is also cool that I met the author at my job and spoke a while on her book and why she decided to write. It is neat watching a new author take off and meeting her at the beginning.
Dakota Storm
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
First born by Tricia Zoeller
Shiori
May 09, 2013 rated it did not like it

Quite simply one of the worst indie novels I have ever had the misfortune of reading. Never in my life have I encountered so many stilted references to characters having gas. If this were a fetish book I could appreciate why these references would exist in-text, however, they're clumsily phrased and not overly descriptive so I doubt they'd appeal to a fetish crowd either. I'd go into detail with the plot but there's not a whole lot to say. Lily the heroine spends half the book as a dog, then the
Karen
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was really impressed with the book. The author answered a lot of my questions, but also left some questions to be answered in the next book. I love short chapters, which this book had. It was a fast paced book. Once I got into it, I couldn't put it down. One of my favorites things is when an author can make me laugh out loud. Tricia did this many times. I will admit that I didn't really like Lily in the beginning. Lily eventually turned into the heroine that we all want to see. Lily in shifted ...more
Stacy
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
***** 5 Stars ***** Amazing! Awesome! New author, Tricia Zoeller's debut novel "First Born" is an urban fantasy that takes place in the Atlanta area.

Her writing is amazing! I FELT like I was on the run! There are twists and turns and all isn't what it always seems...

This is a page turner that you won't want to put down!

Looking forward to reading more from Tricia Zoeller!

Review by: Stacy Bailey Darnell/Literary Mania Reviews
Amanda
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: must-read
Review to follow soon. Must add to your list! Exciting debut novel from a very talented author. I can't wait to read more from her!
Martina
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Into the Night Reviews
Web: http://intothenightbookreviews.blogsp...
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/IntoTheNightR...
for great book reviews, new release updates, giveaways and more!!

I've read many 'shifter' books as I have a bit of a thing for the paranormal genre so I started reading First Born with a few preconceptions. Well, they were blown out of the water fairly quickly! First Born is not your typical paranormal approach to the shape shifter story, which is kind of obvious given it’s described as Urban Fantasy, but it was something quite different for me and I really
Pam
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lily Moore's bad date kicks off a chain of events she never saw coming. She blacks out and comes to a different person that what she started out the night as. Finding the police looking for her she goes on the run and hides out at a friends house right under their nose and they don't realize it is her. She manages to get to her brother to see if he can help her figure out what is going on. People who are close to her seem to be in danger and she know she has to figure it out. Her brother does ha ...more
Andrew
I'll be honest … my first reaction when reading some of the paragraphs in “First Born” was “WHA …? Where did THAT come from? What the h is going on??” I soon realized this was intentional on the part of author Tricia Zoeller – her protagonist Lily Moore is having the same reaction. As she sees what is happening, the reader sees it as well. It was an unpleasant reader experience early in the book, but once I realized the author's intent, I grew accustomed and comfortable with it.

The b
Jessica
May 13, 2013 rated it liked it
When I first saw the blurb for First Born, I knew that it was something I'd definitely read. Lily Moore sounded like exactly my type of character. A woman who is put into a crazy situation, and deals with it like the strong female she is. I eagerly broke into this book and waited to be blown away.

What I noticed first off was that the beginning was a little choppy. I'll fully admit that it may have been that I was reading an ARC, but it took me around 30 pages to fully figure out wh
Stephenie
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lily Moore's life has been surrounded tragic mysteries. Firstly, there was the death of her father and then the mystery behind the death of her boyfriend, Peter Marx. One night, while out on a date that quickly turns nasty, Lily shapeshifts for the first time, which sees her flee from the police and from a mysterious person who seems to be following her.

Lily's character really grew on me. At first she seemed a little lost and uncomfortable in her own skin but as the story progressed
Tigrish
Jun 09, 2013 rated it did not like it
Someone really tried to make this a good book, and I really wanted it to be good as well, but alas. When I read the word shifters I was like "yay!" until I figured out what she shifts into. And then the whole Chinese heritage thing just failed to sound genuine. The whole book was kind of jumbled, and I didn't really feel connected to any of its characters. I wasn't even that interested in the drama at some point, I was just waiting for it to get better, only it never did.

On a side note:
Allison
Sep 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
You know, I started out by giving this book 2 stars … but it's been a month now since I've read it, and I really didn't like it.

I understand that an author sometimes has to stretch to make a book stand out from the pack. Werewolves might be passé. But a ditzy main character with the ability to change into several supernatural creatures, one of which is ankle-biter sized? That's stretching it a bit (a lot) too much for me.
Jently
Jul 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: series-starter
I liked the idea and I liked the main characters but at times I found myself barely able to hang on to the thread of what was happening. After finishing the book I'm still a bit unsure about just what was resolved and what happened (and why) to some of the side characters.
Patti Ashley
Aug 11, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Something missing

Watching the main character run around as an animal got old real fast.Not enough explanation or interaction. Lost my interest really fast
Sharon Inada
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Different type of shifter

This was an interesting twist on shape shifters. I really liked the take on Asian mythology to explain why Lily, and her family had the ability to shift.
Mark Carver
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was fun. A bit hard to follow at times, but I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.
Kayleigh Thompson
Apr 20, 2015
charles Ferry
Feb 22, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Tricia lives in Marietta, Georgia with her husband, Lou, her little yappy dog, Lola Belle, and her big orange mutant cat, George. Her two stepsons, Joseph and Robert, make stopovers as well, making sure to keep life an adventure.

Tricia earned a B.A. in Journalism and Anthropology from Indiana University in Bloomington. After moving to Atlanta in 1992, she obtained her Masters of Educat