Start by marking “Best Forgotten” as Want to Read:
Best Forgotten

Best Forgotten

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  12 ratings  ·  7 reviews
An intriguing tale of murder, amnesia and the lies we tell ourselves.

A young woman wakes in hospital, unable to recall the past eighteen months. Once an awkward, introverted teenager battling Anorexia Nervosa, Kellie-Sue discovers that she has blossomed into a beautiful woman with a loving husband. But what secrets are lurking beneath the surface? Why is Kellie-Sue haunte
Kindle Edition
Published by Black Cat Five (first published June 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Best Forgotten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Forgotten

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Best Forgotten
Princess Lulu
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An introcate exploration on the folly's of the human mind and how perception of an event can quickly change if you don't have all the peices of the story. A glimpse into the mind of an amnesia sufferer. This story is well written and a real page turner. I could go into further detail but don't want to spoil the story for the future reader.
Tammie Tackett
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
this book was short and easy read for me but i loved it
Rowena Holloway
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars: This intriguing novella from indie author Kathryn White offers great insight into a young woman damaged by a fractured family, flawed parents and sibling rivalry.

The clearest memory nineteen year-old Kellie Sue Jones has is the knowledge she killed her cheating ex-boyfriend and was arguing with her twin sister right before she had a car accident. When she wakes in hospital, Kellie-Sue discovers she is twenty-one with a husband and a step-son she barely knows, and a kind, supportive s
M.M. Strawberry Library & Reviews
Jul 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
I really enjoyed this novella by Kathryn White. This is my first book by the author, and I really enjoyed her style of writing.

This story doesn't focus on Kellie Sue's amnesia so much as it does her relationship with her family and her issues. I could feel Kellie Sue's frustration in dealing with her mother and sister, and her self-esteem issues and how her family makes her feel.

Though this is a novella, I found it a pretty entertaining read, and I was curious as to find out if Kellie Sue really
Sue Gerhardt Griffiths
What a little thriller of a story!

Kathryn White's novella Best Forgotten had me sad, teary and goosebumpy throughout most of the book. This story centres on Kellie-Sue's self esteem issues and her relationship with her mother and twin sister. I really did feel for Kellie-Sue, it was easy to sympathise with her situation and it tugged at my heart. But as the saying goes, 'everything is not always as it seems.' I was extremely happy though that it had a lovely, gorgeous, sweet ending.

This is only
Jim
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
In a word, confusing. I kept reading, but never really understood what the story was about
M.M. Strawberry Library & Reviews
I really enjoyed this book.... It's a fairly brisk novel about a woman who is having some memory issues and there is a murder mystery... it may seem like a typical cliche right there, but I was genuinely/pleasantly surprised by the ending, and found this book overall a satisfying read. I really liked how the author was creative in certain descriptions, that always makes a book a treat for me to rrad!
Ask Jane
Jun 29, 2015
Yeah!
Sep 06, 2015
Kathryn
Jan 07, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Misty Scott
Feb 14, 2016
Chloe
Aug 02, 2016
Oct 27, 2016
Alshimaa Mohamed
Feb 21, 2017
Kathryn White is an author, blogger and bookworm from Adelaide, South Australia. She graduated from Flinders University with a BA (Hons) in English Literature and has worked in a variety of fields, including a stint as a puppeteer. She has been an uncredited extra in two feature films.

Kathryn enjoys writing about young people who do not fit in socially, or who fail to meet the expectations of othe

News & Interviews