Start by marking “Wererat” as Want to Read:
Wererat

Wererat

Rafe comes from a long line of shifters. His father is a werewolf, and his mother is a weretiger. As he reaches puberty, he eagerly awaits his First Shift and finding out just what is his animal form. What powerful animal will complete him?

Much to his disappointment, after going through the agony of his First Shift, Rafe discovers that he is not a wolf, tiger, or bear. He
Published July 4th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Wererat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wererat

Start your review of Wererat
Ian
Rafe's mother is a powerful and respected were-tiger and his father is a werewolf. A lot of expectations have fallen on his shoulders and he fully expects to be another powerful were. Perhaps a bear or a coyote. So when on the night of his first change he shifts into a rat, there is awkward silence.

Soon that silence gives way to jokes from the classmates who used to respect him. Then one night he and his older sister get kidnapped by a religious cult and in front of his eyes, his sister is murd
Kayla
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Every now and then, I like to step out of my comfort zone, and read books that aren't in my usual genre. I don't typically read books about shifters. It's just not my genre. I typically find them filled with a ridiculous plot, and very awkward sex scenes. However, I found myself drawn to Wererat by Johathan P. Brazee. I'm glad I read it. I ended up loving it.

Wererat was the complete opposite of your typical shifter book. It had an intense plot that kept me intrigued from being to end. The plot
Barbara Andrews
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story and it was a quick read had alot to say about learning how to deal with who you are and accepting it. Received free thru Goodreads first read.
leslee leidig
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WERE ... WITH A TWIST!

Well written, with a new take on the whole were animal genre. Characters are fully realized and not formulaic. Great story, highly recommended.
EscaPe iNTo thE PaGEs
This was a very nice story containing shifters of all kinds. There were some disturbing scenes that I wouldn't recommend for kids but overall it was pretty good. ...more
Imjussayin
Mar 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Wererat deserves 3.5 stars

I was attracted to the idea of this book. Instead of being a huge imposing werewolf or another big were-beast, the protagonist is a wererat! I imaged this book would be hilarious. It was not but it is no less worthy of reading because of this.

It was a good read. It tackled diversity and self-love without mentioning either word. The only 'but' being the single black character in the book was continually addressed as The African. Given the sheer size of the African contin
Patricia Kaniasty
It was just ok. Wasn't that impressed with the story. Granted, it was unique but just not enough excitment in it for me. ...more
Teresa Tidwell
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
A nice fun read

I thought this book was a fast , interesting fun read. Who would have thought of a were rat? This is the 3rd book of Mr. Brazee's I have read, and greatly enjoyed.
Michael
john gavel
Mar 20, 2020
Terry
Apr 09, 2016

• Death and Deception: Death Rites, Organ Grind, Shallow Grave, Knight Shift, and Death Match (The Lazarus Codex #1-5)
  • Ace (The Navy of Humankind: Wasp Squadron Book 3)
  • Soldier (Agent of the Confederation Book 1)
  • Starcaster (Starcaster #1)
  • Planet Hell (Alien Legacy Book 1)
  • Lucky Invasion: Lucky's Marines | Book Five
  • Alison Brownstone Omnibus #1 (Alison Brownstone, #1-8)
  • WarMage: Unexpected (The Never Ending War #1)
  • Thor (The BOHICA Chronicles Book 4)
  • Veteran (Call to Arms: Capernica Book 3)
  • POG (Call to Arms: Capernica Book 2)
  • Lucky Justice: Lucky's Marines | Book Seven
  • Lucky Bastard: Lucky's Marines | Book Eight
  • Monster Girl Islands (Monster Girl Islands, #1)
  • Contagion (Ark Ship Book 2)
  • Dragonsworn (Crystal Wing Academy, #2)
  • Third Term (Dragon Fire Academy, #3)
  • Birth of Heavy Metal Boxed Set #1 (Books 1-4): He Was Not Prepared, She Is His Witness, Backstabbing Little Assets, Blood of My Enemies
I am a retired Marine colonel and now a full-time writer living in North Las Vegas, Nevada, with my wife, Kiwi, and infant twin daughters, Danika Dawn and Darika Marie.

I published my first work back in 1978, a so-so short story titled "Secession." Since then, I have been published in newspapers, magazines, and in book format in fiction, political science, business, military, sports, race relations

News & Interviews