Start by marking “Wolf Protector (Federal Paranormal Unit, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wolf Protector (Federal Paranormal Unit, #1)

Wolf Protector

(Federal Paranormal Unit #1)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  2,325 Ratings  ·  249 Reviews
A woman with a secret…
The Federal Paranormal Unit is an elite squad of supernaturals dedicated to solving missing persons cases. Erica’s gift allows her a special connection with the crime, but it comes at a deep personal cost… Until now, she’s kept her gift a secret, even from the other members of the team. But this case will throw her together with Agent Trent Buchanan.
Published March 29th 2013 by Latin Goddess Press (first published March 25th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Wolf Protector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolf Protector

CC
I must have read a different book than my GR friends. Or I am just too picky.

I HATED this story! I rarely DNF a book but it made me so angry I had to stop! Do not read if you do not want to hear me rant.

First, I am very clear about how I want my "mate" stories. This was NOT that. But I will ignore that because I hate the hero notwithstanding the fact that he knows all along she is his mate and that fate will eventually bring them together no matter what he does in the meantime.

So here it is.
♡Tonya♡
As a recent shifter convert, I am constantly looking for my next fix. I love the fated mate concept. What I prefer is the hero to be true to his mate. That was not the case with this story.

Trent is a sexy wolf shifter who works for the Federal Paranormal Unit of the FBI. He knows his coworker, Erica, is his fated mate but she is resistant to his charm. Trent was described as a womanizer on more than one occasion.

Erika was a loner. She had been abandoned by her mother because of her special gift
Badbarb
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wolf Protector
Milly Taiden
Latin Goddess Press
Shifter/Paranormal

Erica is a member of The Federal Paranormal Unit an elite squad of people with supernatural
abilities. Erica's is that she can sense what happpens to victims by touching something of
theirs. But she also has trust issues with people accepting her ability. But someone evil is
out there killing and butchering young girls. There is just one little hitch, trying to
keep her hands off super hot Trent Buchanan who has abilities of his own.
Crystal
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is full with suspense and hot passion.

Erica has special powers that help her team but she doesn't let anyone know except her leader. It has always caused problems for her and she is better if she just puts up a front that she doesn't need anyone. Underneath she has a soft heart that has been broken way too many times. She has feelings for Trent but knows he can get any woman he wants.

Trent knows that Erica is his mate and has been trying for years to get her to admit her feelings for h
MsRomanticReads

There’s a serial killer on the lose, and the victims keep piling up. Who better to go on the hunt than the brave men and women of the Federal Paranormal Unit? Each member is “other” and they all have special abilities that aid in solving various crimes. The unit is a small, tight knit group. Join Trent and Erica as they try to bring the murderer to justice while trying not to give in to their sizzling attraction.

As usual with all Milly Taiden characters, the heroines are tough on the outside wit
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Favorite Line~ And she would rather wax her nipples in public than admit it to him

My Fairy Review
I love when I find a book that never has a dull moment! Wolfs Protector is that book. The first page really sets the book! It was just action packed and sexy all the way through!

Erika guards her heart and her secret. I loved her. Trent, sigh..... was just a sexy, cocky, yummy wolf that I think is my new favorite wolf of all of Milly's wolves! They both work for the Federal Paranormal Unit and there i
grumpybybirth
Shelves: paranormal
This has to be my favorite book by Milly Taiden, hands down.

It's a story of love, romance, hot sex, murder, mystery and friendship. It has everything!

Trent is one hot shifter, out to do anything to protect his mate, even if she dosen't know she is his mate yet. Ericka fights her constant attraction to Trent, who she says is a womanizer.

Together they make sparks fly, with their sexual tension and their witty banter.

They are surrounded by a great team, their leader Brock. The mysterious Brock wh
Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Who doesn't love a hot shifter? Really enjoyed the suspense, Erica, Trent , and the gang. Steamy hot, strong characters, and a good story.
A.R. Von
Apr 03, 2013 rated it really liked it

I had a lot of fun reading this book and loved all of the bantering and antics among the characters as well as the mystery and vast paranormal element. Oh and the sexual build and sex scenes between the two main characters…HOT! A definite must read for any paranormal romance fans that enjoy a fun, exciting, mysterious and sensual read. Erica and Trent are very loveable and definitely my favorites from the character cast. Loved their teasing, chemistry, team work and back stories.

I look forward t
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Milly Taiden writes an amazing book with characters taht you fall in love with easily. Always leaving you wanting more! Ericka is insecure about her abilities and Trent is a hot shifter who doesnt know how Ericka will handle his secret. They both work for the Federal Paranormal Unit of the FBI. Everyone on teh team has some kind of ability. I look forward to getting to read everyone story. I love the closeness of the group and the easy banter between them all. The sex is hot a ...more
Chelsea
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm mainly a paranormal book girl and I decided to grab this book when it was on sale and I'm so glad I did.

The heroine is a sassy, strong, female lead. Agent Erica Villa works for the FBI, a special Paranormal unit. Only her boss Brock knows of her special abilities, while the rest of her team thinks she's a profiler. Her special gift comes with an extremely high price that leaves her drained and exhausted. Her team mates only see her when she's strong, kick-butt type personality because Brock
Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔
2.5 stars. A bit average and predictable, I much prefer the Paranormal a Dating Agency series as a light read.
Jeannie Christo
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow...loved this book! It definitely went a different direction within the paranormal genre and that was refreshing. You cant help but fall in love with the characters.
Erica is strong, independent, and closed off...yet her insecurities could ruin her. She is extremely relatable to and you cant help but cheer her on through the story.
Trent is a hottie, womanizing shifter so of course he is easy to love. Its his softer sensitive side that has you swooning!

Milly did an amazing job with this book.
N. Kuhn
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wow, paranormal
WOW! I don't know how else to explain this! Erica and Trent create such a fire, I can never think of fried chicken the same! The Federal Paranormal Unit includes people with special abilities. Shifters, Empaths. No one knows what the other can do. Trent wants Erica, has a hard time controlling his wolf when he's around her. Erica is pushing herself past the limit trying to track a killer with her vision. I just, couldn't put this down! It was hot. It was good. I'm dying for some more! WOW!
Teracia
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
you want to read this? YES YOU DO! Its amazing the corrector development is flawless and the interaction between the leads is witty and sexy. This story flows from start to finish. Buy it if you want a steamy fun read.
Christy Hilton-hall
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: paranormal junkies
You follow the case of a Federal Paranormal Unit, whose agents all have a different set of skill set. The very diverse team functions almost as a slightly skewed dysfunctional family, albeit from the strong Empath Erika and a Shifter Trent. We also catch glimpses of Jane and Tony battling back and forth.
I love the flow of the book, the ease in which it is showed us.
It has great character development.
A great plot, to keep you dialed in.
And an emotional ride, as the Author clearly gets into everyo
Michelle
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Alpha hero and wolf shifter fans
Erica is a member of the Federal Paranormal Unit, and is keeping her paranormal gifts/talents a secret. Trent is the smooth, strong, sexy wolf shifter attracted to her. His protective instincts are triggered when he realizes she is his mate.

What I liked: Ms. Taiden has a gift for writing intelligent, independent, strong Latina main characters. Erica is the type of woman we want to work with and hang out with after work. Trent is the man we want to come home to, at night. The sex is hot and the b
Karen Roma
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Karen by: Paranormal/erotic/thriller lovers
Brilliant, is the first word that comes to mind.
This fantastic first story in the brand new series by Milly Taiden called Federal Paranormal Unit will have you clamouring for more.
I’ve been reading PNR for so long; I forgot how much I love a good thriller until I started this book.
When I began reading I was drawn into the same intense suspense as Silence of the Lambs, but when a writer throws a special paranormal unit and erotic romance into the mix, and you have perfection. What more could a r
Carisa
I liked this story, the hero, and the other members of the special unit team. It flowed nicely, with a few errors. It had a simple suspense plot, and the love scenes were on the boring side, but I’ll read more from this author.
HERO is a Warrior, an FBI agent and shifter working in a paranormal unit. One of his coworkers is a prickly, closed-up woman, who’s his mate although he hasn’t told her yet, and a new case they’re working together is the perfect opportunity to get closer to her.
SCENES/CON
Shayna
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A serial killer is on the loose and who better than then Federal Paranormal Unit to swoop in with their "gifts" and bring down the monsters! I was just in the market for a brand new (too me) Paranormal Romance author, and I think I found a good one! This is the first book I have read from the great Milly Taiden and I am so excited to read more from her. Wolf Protector was extremely well written, the characters were brought to life, and the sex scenes were incredibly erotic! You can NEVER go wron ...more
S. Policar
May 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a well written book. The underlayings of the author's hometown are woven beautifully into the characters making them more realistic in demeanor.
I particularly like how they all have different abilities that none of the others know about. Very mysterious. The chapters are a bit lengthy but that's not a problem for the seasoned reader. You'll find yourself immersed in the story and won't even realise how much you've read until you snap back to reality anyway.
By chapter 4 it was apparent to
Mary
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Milly Taiden and I certainly really enjoyed reading it. It has romance, murder, mystery, shapeshifters, you name it and it probably has it. My favorite aspect of this book was the murder/mystery side to it. It's not very often that a romance book has a good murder/mystery side to it but this does. The romance was good and Detective Buchanan was hot as heck. Makes you wish you could find someone like him. Overall a really good book and I look forward to reading many more ...more
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Shifter Haven

The cover blurb for Wolf Protector gives you a very good idea of what this gripping, fast paced novel is about without my having to add any more teasers. The Federal Paranormal Unit reminds me so much of one of my favorite television crime dramas, Criminal Minds. Each member of the team brings their own unique, specialized talents to the search for the truly bad guys. They function as a tight team, people who would take a bullet for any of their team members, often times
Ellen
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-r-c-g
Wolf Protector welcomes you to the Federal Paranormal Unit, where FBI meets paranormal. This was a combination of sizzling romance, murder, mystery, and suspense. It was fast paced and action packed.

Erica, Trent and 3 others help solve crimes using their special abilities. We meet the team as they are getting a new assignment.
Erica, Trent, and Rameriez head to the scene of the crime. Erica usually only works directly with Brock, her supervisor, as no one on the team knows about her special tal
Theresa
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very HOT Paranormal Romantic Suspense! Wow! What a great HOT paranormal romantic suspense story! This story has everything you need for a great romantic suspense and then to add hot and hard paranormal characters - what can I say, but "YEAH!" There are multiple suspects, the heroine is fighting her attraction for the hero, and there is humor too! I was captured by this book when I started reading it last night! I felt part of the story working along side Erica and Trent to find the murderer! If ...more
Sheri
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a new premise for me. A supernatural unit in a world that knows nothing about supernaturals. Add in the part where even the own team don’t know each other’s abilities and it’s vastly unique.

I adored the way that Erica and Trent bantered back and forth. The whole story has this level of suspense that is broken up by bouts of banter and hot sex between Erica and Trent. Trent is a wolf shifter and knows that Erica is it for him. Watching Erica fight to find the missing girls and the killer
Rhonda
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had previously purchased a copy of this book for my own personal enjoyment before the opportunity to review was presented. As always, I was not compensated for this review, and all conclusions are my own responsibility.

For a fan of Milly Taiden’s Sharp Change and werewolf Alpha males, this book certainly hits the spot. She infuses a sense of humor along with the sizzling chemistry.

Trent is a very protective hero who anticipates his mate’s needs, he’s also very dependable and devoted to his ma
Jacque
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wolf Protector combines great characters with intrigue and romance to create a book the packs quite the punch. Erica is a strong woman with a fragile past. Trent is a smoking hot shifter who has been patiently waiting years to claim his mate. Together they must solve a case before another woman goes missing. As their attraction for one another builds, so does the tension to solve the case. Along the way we meet great secondary characters with their own unrevealed paranormal abilities which prepa ...more
Laurie
May 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, paranormal, paid
Erica is an FBI agent on a paranormal team. Her ability to see and experience a missing or dead persons most emotional moments has made her into a very strong woman who tends to stay to herself. Trent is a shifter on her team who knows that she is his mate. I liked Erica's character but Trent just didn't do a lot for me. He knew she was his mate but she didn't want him, even though she was attracted to him because was a womanizer. It evidently never occurred to him to keep it in his pants and fo ...more
Looking for... 1 1 Feb 12, 2017 09:55AM
  • A Mating Dance (Ashwood Falls, #2)
  • Curve Charm (Wolf Clan, #2)
  • Halloween Heat III
  • The Fire of His Claim (Claimed, #2)
  • Alpha's Mate (Siberian Volkov Pack, #1)
  • New Beginnings (Others of Edenton, #0.5)
  • Birthmark (La Patron, #3)
  • Bound to Be Taken (Rock Wood Pack #2)
  • Wolf's Haven (Caedmon Wolves, #1)
  • Guardian Wolf (Black Mesa Wolves #1)
  • Kane's Mate (Armageddon Mates, #1)
  • Rapture at Midnight (Cynn Cruor Bloodline #1)
  • Alpha Wolf (Westervelt Wolves, #5)
  • Grizzly (The Realms, #1)
  • Under a Crescent Moon
  • My Wolf King (Wolf Town Guardians, #1)
  • Rogue Dragon (Shifter Legends, #1)
  • The Mating Hunt (Werewolves of Montana, #2)
Milly Taiden (also writes as April Angel) was born in the prettiest part of the Caribbean (to her) known as the Dominican Republic. Currently, she resides in New York City with her husband, bossy young son and their little dog Speedy.

When she’s not working full-time, texting with her best friend Heidi in England, chastising her son for pulling the dog’s ears, shopping with her sister Jewel or watc

Federal Paranormal Unit (3 books)
  • Dangerous Protector (Federal Paranormal Unit, #2)
  • Unwanted Protector (Federal Paranormal Unit, #3)
“Boys, if you make me pull out the ruler someone is getting spanked.” “Me!” both men yelled at the same time.” 7 likes
“Hey, if it gets me some food without spit in it, I’ll gladly smile and wink at anyone handling the stuff that’s going to go in my mouth.” 6 likes