Start by marking “Until I Break” as Want to Read:
Until I Break

Until I Break

"I’m intrigued. Tempted beyond what I’ve ever been before. To know her, to open her up. To break her."

In love, sometimes what you fear most is exactly what you need.

Laura Drake is an author. She writes bestselling paranormal romances that continue to top the charts. She is sharp. She is confident. She is in control.

And she doesn’t exist.

Samantha Jansen is the woman behind
Published May 12th 2013 by M. Leighton Books (first published April 14th 2013)

Aestas Book Blog
Apr 28, 2013 rated it really liked it

THIS BOOK IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE IN ANY FORMAT.

Holy original concept!!!

Until I Break is the story of two broken characters finding each other, struggling to over come their pasts and find happiness in their future. It's dark, sexy and dangerous.

Samantha is a well-known author. But no one in the world knows the real her. The author they know and adore is Laura Drake - a
Christy
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
In love, sometimes what you fear is exactly what you need.

4.5 Unique and Original Stars!!!

Although I respect the authors choice to pull this book, I am a little bummed that some readers are going to miss out on the chance to read this one. I have to say, this was much different from M. Leighton’s other books. Her writing is still awesome, but the story was darker, and right up my alley. I was impressed with the story. I truly enjoyed this and hope to see more works like this from her in the fu
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
3.5 Broken and Scarred Stars

description

We all have emotional baggage. Scars, nightmares, deep rooted beliefs, fears. And every single one of them is holding us hostage. We are unable to move forward until we face each them all.

In love, sometimes what you fear is exactly what you need.

description

So, sometimes, some really special times, life is lending a rare and much needed hand and sends someone to help. The catc
Beth Michele
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First, I want to start off by saying that I love Michelle Leighton's novels.

I respect her decision to pull this book, however, don't feel that it was necessary. I really enjoyed this novel. Was it different from her other books? Yes, it was. But all the more reason to venture into the depths of the unknown. As a writer and as a reader I have vision. I like different and original and I like to take chances. Long story short, I totally got this story and I loved it.

This is a love story, plain and
J
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
CAN'T BELIEVE THIS BOOK IS BEING PULLED!!!!!
IT WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE AT AMAZON FOR ONE MORE DAY.

While I can respect M.Leighton's Decision that she feels the need to say true to herself and her characters, I just don't agree with her taking the book away. Not everyone is going to like, understand or comprehend everything that you put out. Art is open to interpretation, and as readers we might not interpret everything the author wanted to get across, but we can take away things that no-one els
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it

First of all it's a real shame that this book has been pulled from publication. I feel sad the author felt it necessary, but obviously I completely respect her decision.....

So the cast list....Laura Drake is a bestselling author of paranormal romance, the real person behind the public persona is Samantha Jansen, then there are her book characters, and then her doctor, her sister & Alec, her potential love interest.....confused? I was to start with, just a little, I couldn't quite understand
Jamie
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jamie by: J

I'm so glad I got this little gem before Ms. Leighton pulled it. After reading it, I really don't see why she felt so strongly about pulling it but it's her art and if she was not comfortable with it, then that's all that matters. I for one thought this was a very compelling story of 2 people emotionally damaged that find each other. They are both have a scarred past, although in very different ways. Alec sets out to help heal Samantha and thinking he'll take his pleasure and leave. Samantha is
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~

I want to start by saying that I'm guessing this is going to be one of those "everyone likes it but me" books, so don't let me put you off if you want to try it.

The first, say 40% of the book did absolutely nothing for me. Like, not even a little. The books is written in first person present tense. It is in of my least favorite ways of presenting a story. I have certainly read some books that I've liked that were written that way, but they are few and far between.

For the beginning hal
♥Rachel♥
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
“Although he’s nothing more than a product of my imagination, he’s both my wildest fantasy and my most terrifying nightmare.”

Until I Break is a dark and mesmerizing tale of two broken people intensely drawn to each other. The question is, will they help mend or will they break each other beyond repair? I was utterly consumed by this story! I’ve read a M. Leighton before, but I think this is her best work yet!

Alec Brand is no product of Samantha’s imagination, yet he seems to embody her ficti
Holly Baker
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book has been pulled from publication and is no longer available in any format.

********ARC given in exchange for an honest review********

In love, sometimes What you fear most is exactly what you need.

No matter how hard I try, I don't think my review will do this book justice. It was absolutely fantastic. Michelle went down a completely different road from her other books with this and I was not disappointed. Straight away the story and the characters pull you in and leave you wanting more
Ellelou
May 07, 2013 rated it liked it

Just finished the book today and I liked it, didn't love it.

Hum...where do I start? I liked the idea of author meeting one of her fictional characters in real life and having that instant connection. There's mystery surrounding them both, she's got a dual persona, that of the author in the public eye and her own personal one and she tries hard to keep them separate. He's very intriguing and somehow able to see and read her. There's is a twist in the story that I didn't expect and c
Literati Literature Lovers
Full review to come on May 14th. This is a Must Read Book. We #Lovers have been #Branded by the #ALECtrifying Brand Alec Brand.

Rating: 5/5 Stars
Release date: May 13, 2013
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: Adult

REVIEW

When I first learned about Until I Break by M.Leighton, I heard that it was dark. I got excited because I like to see characters transform. Then I received the paperback in the mail, but my fellow lovers received a digital review copy, and they started reading immediately. I had
Jen
Apr 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a story about two broken people who happen to meet and ultimately help each other deal with their own issues and heal one another.

Samantha/Laura

Laura Drake is an author who writes paranormal romance. She’s strong and confident. She is also Samantha Jensen in disguise. While at a book signing Laura/Samantha is startled once she sees a man who looks exactly like her main male character in her novels, Mason.

He’s so much like Mason… How can he be real? And be so much like someone who’s not
Nicole Edwards
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
THIS BOOK IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE!

First of all, I grabbed this book up as soon as I saw that the author was going to pull it. Of course, that sparked my interest. After reading it, I'm still not sure what the reason was to pull it.

It has a BDSM undertone, however, it isn't as dark as I expected it to be. The writing is phenomenal, the story flowed really well and I am glad that I got it before it was pulled. The characters are flawed, broken possibly, and finding each other helps th
Lizzeth "Too many books so little time"
DNF at 50% Review to come
Thank God for a standalone book! so sick and tired of short books that become trilogies.
Chris- Bookaddict
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm not gonna get into the whole thing going on with this book, But I do have something to say.

I LOVE Michelle Leighton and her writing style. I totally understand her reasons for pulling this book, I can only say I wish she had not done it because those who have not read it are truly going to miss out on an AMAZING STORY !!!!! I wish the people who did not like this book had just kept their opinions to themselves and moved on. Ok I said my peace in a nice way now onto my review.

“In love, some
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
5 TWISTED, MIND-FUCKINGLY UNBELIEVABLE STARS

Enter Laura Drake, she's come to a book signing. She's her usual calm and collected self, everything's going perfectly until she sees him, a man who looks just like Mason the main character in her books. She immediately freezes up, she's speechless. For the first time ever Laura Drake disappears and Samantha Jansen is left in her place.

Laura Drake

Samantha Jansen

Samantha is at odds with her alias, she can't own up to her work because of her past, she's
Fathima
3.5 - 3.75 stars !

Until I break is M.Leighton's walk into the dark and twisted ! I have to say , I loved the idea , the characters and the sexual tension that crackled between Alec and Samantha from the time they met . But somewhere around the 70% mark the story seemed too rushed . Personally , I feel that if you have to portray characters that are too broken and bend beyond repair ( atleast that's what they say ) then the story has to show that sort of an emotional growth through moments , s
★★Sara Lizzy★★
Nothing against this book, it started out fantastic when I started reading it and I'm sure will be fantastic when I get around to finishing it, but I'm going to have to put it to the side for now and pick it up at a later date....It's been 8 days since I briefly started it and then said I'd come back to it in a few days, but other books are taking priority right now, so I'll come back to it later. :)

Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

I think we all know by now that I am a huge fan of any and all M. Leighton books, so naturally I go into each and every one with extremely high expectations, and every single time I am surprised by how much I fall in love with the story. This book is much darker than her previous books, but something about that made it much more alluring. The characters in this story are very much broken and there may not really be anything that can fix them.

Saman
Christine

DARK
EDGY
HONEST
RAW
EROTIC

If you don't already know, this book was pulled from publication due to the few who didn't "get" the story and misunderstood it in a disheartening way. And though I totally respect the author for having the courage to do that, however I also find it heartbreaking that she was so affected by a few negative people out there who just couldn't bite their tongues and use the whole “If you ain't got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all” motto. Because this book was E
Kirsty
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
I am so confused as to what the issue with this book was. I'm sure most of the little GR/book world knows by now that Until I Break was pulled from publication by M. Leighton a day or so ago, and I've heard a few reasons why - negative reviews, people not 'getting it' and because the book is 'too dark', now I have finished the book and not one of those reasons make sense to me.
I haven't looked at any other reviews so I can't comment on that, but I can comment on the fact that people are saying
Laura Harris
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
Let me start by saying that Michelle Leighton has done it again...
Until I Break BLEW ME AWAY!! I absolutely loved every word of it!!

Samantha Jansen is unknowingly beautiful Author, she's a little shy, and a bit broken. Enter Alec Brand...hot, confident, domineering, and also a bit broken. He is exactly the type of man she writes about, dreams about but he is also her worst nightmare...She is his worst nightmare as well!

"I think I would recognize him anywhere, from any angle. He's as familiar to
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
May 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot-and-sexy
4 Lovely Stars

I needed a day to try to figure out how to write a review. This book started out slow/a little confusing with real and fictional characters that I was a little distracted. Once I felt like I was putting characters in their right place, the book started to click for me. It then took off at 45%. This book discusses what happens when 2 broken and emotional dysfunctional people meet. They have issues, which are dark but not as dark as I didn't want to read about them. Can they be toget
Robin B
May 05, 2013 rated it liked it
I must say, I was quite disappointed in this book. (I still love you, Michelle! This just wasn't for me!)

I absolutely LOVED the general ideas presented in the book. The romance author who falls for a real life version of one of her characters is imaginative and has so much potential. However, I don't feel that the full potential of that was tapped. I did appreciate the few twists, with each of the main characters ending up having alternate identities. That was neat. But that's about it.

I felt
Lisa
Uh.........

photo really_zps1096d90d.gif

I see four, five star ratings and now I'm confused because all the while I was reading I was like

photo tumblr_m65qx8XGIO1qcvq51.gif

photo tumblr_inline_mgmlz2lvba1qfwxb0.gif

Some things creep me out. Alec Brand creeps me out. Samantha pisses me off. I get that these two are fucked up, but why is everything so creepy? Being in their heads are...blergh. Alec is downright psychopathic, and Sam doesn't seem to have a spine whenever Alec breathes on her. I just... UGHHHH, I'm so frustrated!

I guess if I had to sum it all up in a sentence it would be "but...I don
MandaLee
Apr 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book-own
3.5...I wanted to like it more. I did enjoy the second half better than the first. Tricky concept and not a horrible job at it IMO
Andrea
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm simply beyond words...WOW!!! MUST READ!!!!!!!
My full review is on http://makemydaybooks.blogspot.co.uk/
Kathryn
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
HOLY FREAKIN CRAP---- AMAZING!!!!
Just freakin AMAZING....

FULL REVIEW:
Ahhhh, I really don't think it is a shock to anyone on how much I love M. Leighton. She is truly a beautiful individual with a hugeantic heart of gold....
So, its no surprise, I was chomping at the bit, jumping up and down, waving my hands in the air at the chance to be able to read Until I Break. And then, that beautiful lovely arrived in the mail...Oh, it sooo made my day!!
I finished up the book I was currently reading, and i
Nic
Apr 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I just finished reading an AMAZING book, Until I Break by M. Leighton... WOW!! I absolutely adore anything written by M. Leighton so I was beyond excited when I found out about her newest novel Until I Break. This fabulous hot and sexy read kept me up until the wee hours of the morning. I was so curious as to where the story was headed and what was going to happen next that I couldn't stop reading.

Samantha Jansen's childhood left her damaged. Even with a supportive family it isn't enough to hel
No Longer Available for Purchase After Today 61 671 Oct 18, 2013 03:56PM
BookieNookie: Couldn't believe this!!! 6 205 May 20, 2013 07:08AM
Free Books, .99, ...: Win 3 ebooks from 3 different authors 1 26 May 16, 2013 06:00PM

• Safe Word
  • Because of You (Playing with Fire, #2)
  • Inhale, Exhale
  • Thursday Nights (Charistown, #1)
  • Never Have I Ever
  • Champagne Toast (Love of My Life, #2)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Blind Obsession
  • Wreck Me (Wrecked, #1)
  • Translation of Love (Of Love, #1)
  • The Do Over (The Do Over, #1)
  • No Attachments (Woodfalls Girls, #1)
  • Ruined (Ruined, #1)
  • Fight or Flight (Fight or Flight, #1)
  • In the Air (The City, #1)
  • Obsession (Darkness Falls, #1)
  • Lost in You (Lost in You, #1)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author, M. Leighton, is a native of Ohio. She relocated to the warmer climates of the South, where she can be near the water all summer and miss the snow all winter. Possessed of an overactive imagination from early in her childhood, Michelle finally found an acceptable outlet for her fantastical visions: literary fiction. Having written over a dozen novels ...more
“Every person's worst fear-that no one will be able to love us in spite of our scars.” 12 likes
“In love, sometimes what you fear is exactly what you need.” 10 likes