Start by marking “I'm a Dirty Dinosaur” as Want to Read:
I'm a Dirty Dinosaur

I'm a Dirty Dinosaur

From illustrator Ann James and author Janeen Brian comes this rhyming picture book about a naughty little dinosaur who loves to get dirty. Bright simple illustrations and rounded corners.

Stomp, splash, slide, dive . . . .
This little dinosaur just loves mud!
Published March 20th 2013 by Viking

To ask other readers questions about I'm a Dirty Dinosaur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm a Dirty Dinosaur

Start your review of I'm a Dirty Dinosaur
Suzanne
Feb 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute, simple, rhyming. Indy again noticed the illustrations. Successfully reading more and more each night. I think exhaustion from commencing big school is making him a bit more settled to have stories before bedtime, in mums comfy bed.
Lauren Stoolfire
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just plain fun and the cutest!
Rosanne Hawke
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
I'm a Dirty Dinosaur is perfect for the younger set. The rhythms and beat in the words make little ones want to listen and move and laugh. Even the liveliest of preschoolers will listen to this one. And it's fun to read over and over again, which you will have to do. Janeen Brian has written a winner here. And Ann James' illustrations using real mud are great too. Little fingers keep wanting to touch them. Can't wait for I'm a Hungry Dinosaur. ...more
Lori
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture
Perfect for preschoolers.
Maxwell Rae
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an adorable book and my hardcover copy is signed by Ann James <3 It’s says “Love for Maxwell, have fun”
K.C. Hilton
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is such a cute book! I love the artwork and the history of how it was made.
Erika L.
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fun book! The letter of the day was D, and I'm a Dirty Dinosaur was a great choice for our mud themed storytime. I told the kids and caregivers to follow along by doing whatever the dinosaur did (example: "Can you tap on your tummy like a drum?"), and asked open ended questions like, "What do you think this dinosaur's parents would say about that?" and "What do you think will happen when he gets in the swamp?" The kids had fun following along. Afterwards we pretended to be dinosaurs while ...more
Inma
Jun 18, 2015 added it
Shelves: storytime
Love the action rhyming in this book, perfect for toddlers to follow along.
Bea
Cute and entertaining
Kristen Hylton
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime
Everyone loved this book at bilingual family storytime!

Since my storytime is in English and Spanish, I told the kids what the dinosaur was doing and where it was getting dirty next in both languages. We all did the actions along with the dinosaur, too! We sniffed and snorted, tapped our bellies, shook ourselves, stomped, and pretended to wash. I asked the kids if they liked getting dirty, or playing in the mud, or bathtime too.

And as our art activity for the day, we made dino tracks art by dippi
Ivie Isler
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book! Perfect picture book for preschoolers. It is a wonderful and fun book to read aloud to your little one(s)! Then, as they learn to read, the sing song lyrics, rhyming scheme, and repetitive words makes it a great beginner book.

I also like the simple illustrations where the author used real mud! How cool is that?!

Finally, the pages are durable. Can they be ripped? Yes, but not as easily as normal paper. The pages are thicker, though not a thick as a board book.

Final
Marie
Aug 27, 2019 rated it liked it
A young dinosaur gets progressively more and more dirty until his mom wrestles him into a tub for a scrub. Immediately after, he heads back outside. (And every mom sighs.) Has a repetitious phrase kiddos will love to shout ("I'm a dirty dinosaur!") and teaches body parts.

One extra little note: as a library employee, I'm not thrilled that parts of the pages/text are printed to look like they were drawn/written with mud. Makes it more difficult to identify actual damage to the titles when returne
Codi
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
The following is a Mommy & Me Review from my website: https://codireads.wixsite.com/mysite

Book Summary: This little dinosaur loves mud! Join the fun as he loves to stomp, splash, slide, dive and more in the mud.

Mommy Review: This book is so cute! I love the artwork and the fun rhymes. When Squeaks was a baby I would take her little feet and act out whatever the dinosaur was doing on the pages (tap, swish, etc.). She would giggle every time. She’s 4 now and still loves to read this book.

Lil Sque
RC
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm a Dirty Dinosaur, along with its companion I'm a Hungry Dinosaur, is a great read-aloud for kids whether bath enthusiasts or bath resisters! Rhythmic rhymes, repetition, and associated actions offer great opportunities for acting out the story and reading again and again. Observant readers will notice as the dinosaur gets progressively dirtier with each body part mentioned! ...more
Jesse
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! Cute dinosaur + content in her own skin + frolicking and rhyming + REAL mud in the illustrations = can't go wrong! ...more
Tracy Morton
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This book is a cute rhyming book. It can be used for very young listeners. I am adding this book to both my dinosaur storytime and my dirt storytime.
Melissa
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Super cute, but not as good as I'm a Hungry Dinosaur! ...more
Raine Feiertag
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was fun to read to my 6-month-old, especially after his own bedtime! The rhymes and beats were fun, and the fact that real mud was used for the illustrations made it exciting for me!
Kelsey
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book
Will be a great storytime book!
Miss Sarah
A dinosaur details all his dirty parts and slides, etc with each body part as he gets dirtier and dirtier. nice movement and dinosaur fans will enjoy. toddler and up
Justine Liddle
This is a cute little book for your dinosaur lover! It is an easy read, kids can even do the actions from the book, like stomp and tap.
Olivia S
Nov 21, 2018 rated it liked it
This is cute, good for really little kids who can chime in on the repeated phrases and actions. Short, cute text, good pictures, repeating structure. Will use for young storytimes. 1+
Maude P. Ragsdale Hiram Library
Fun to do the actions with the pictures!
Baby Goode
May 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-books
This is a colorful and silly book I borrowed from the library.
Sherry Scheline
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute and simple easy to read.
Kate
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zack-s-library
Zack's favorite book when he was 18mths ...more
Lauren Duffy
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent book and one I have memorized from all the times I have read it to my daughter! Fun with religion and a great cadence it will not dissapoint!
Emily Carlyn
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Funny and interactive, very short!
Debra Phiri (Dragon Nanny)
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Our first by this author which is what made me purchase hungry dinosaur! This is a delightful little tale that makes you giggle!
Stefanie Kline

• Mercy Watson to the Rescue
  • Dogs
  • What the Dinosaurs Did Last Night: A Very Messy Adventure
  • Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons
  • Creepy Pair of Underwear!
  • The Prince and the Witch and the Thief and the Bears
  • Tinyville Town: Gets to Work!
  • If You Give a Dog a Donut
  • Do Unto Otters: A Book about Manners
  • We Are Water Protectors
  • Pig the Pug
  • Edgar and the Tattle-Tale Heart: A BabyLit® Book: Inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart"