Start by marking “Kept by Him (The Billionaire's Club #4)” as Want to Read:
Kept by Him (The Billionaire's Club #4)

Kept by Him

(The Billionaire's Club #4)

The Billionaire’s Club: The wealthiest, most powerful men, not only in Chicago, but in the world. They are used to getting whatever they want, whenever they want it.

Not everyone knows that billionaire Daniel Lexington gets a little dirty, a little dark and will settle for nothing less than everything from any woman lucky enough to tangle his sheets.  Handsome, rich and com
Published July 1st 2013 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Kept by Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kept by Him

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
He thought he could control his hunger. He'd been controlling it for years. But like some underfed, abused beast, it was out of its cage, and Daniel feared no amount of willpower would hold it back now. Only Monica...

Daniel Lexington is sexy as sin, rich, and completely irresistible; the Prince of The Windy City. He can have any woman he wants. But there's only one woman that he hungers for, but she remains forever out of reach and hands off.

Monica is known as the Ice Princess. She may be s
Mariℓina
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
THE ICE MAIDEN AND THE PRINCE!!!

That was the story i was waiting for, from book 1..
And the prince really delivered!!!
Beautiful story of one and only love..

Daniel was SEXY, amazing, kinky in a nice way, sentimental and strong..
Monica was so wounded on the inside and tough on the outside, tried to hide behind her failed relationships, but all was just a pretence he knew better..
They found their love years ago and now it's their time!!!

I loved so many different moments in this book.. and i really f
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
I've really enjoyed this short story series. All of these Chicago alpha males have been scorching hot playboys that all fall head over heels in love and realize all the playing they've been doing was just a past time to finding the girl of their dreams. The thing I've enjoyed the most about this series, is the fact that each book is just barely over 100 pages, but the stories don't seem to be rushed or incomplete. They have plenty of character development, with some backstory, and duel POV's wit ...more
Teri
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
SPOILER ALERT

Love this series but couldn't give a five star for two reasons. First, the twist about her mother and Roland was just creepy!! It was gross, ugh. And second, the prior books portrayed Daniel as the kinkiest of them all. Talking about what he did to girls up in his locked fortress. But where was the kink?? Just tying a woman up is not kink and especially for the reasons he did it. I still liked him but, I was looking forward to kink!!!
Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
I loved every bit of this novella! It was steamy, full of pent up tension and spark, and it had two characters that I loved getting to experience. The story was real and raw and intense and I loved it. I have really enjoyed reading the series, and I can't wait to see what the last book will bring these characters. I found Monica and Daniel to be such an enjoyable characters to get to know and fall for, and their story is not one to be missed!
Linda Sims
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
LOVED IT

Daniel Lexington billionaire, known as the prince of Chicago is the hero in this edition of the billionaires club series. Daniel, tall and blond with green eyes is the dream man of many women. But even though Daniel has had many women in his life, there is only one woman he wants, and that is Monica Davenport. They've known each other since childhood, Monica's history is quite tragic, causing her to keep a tight hold on her emotions. Hence the press have named her the ice maiden. Monica
J.L.
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Daniel who is the brother of Chloe (from book 1) is a playboy and not good at keeping woman. He likes to play but does not like to stay. His long time friend Monica asks for his help. She has been having problems in the bedroom and she wants her friend to see what he could do to help her get out of her head while having sex. The problem was once they get a taste for each other they did not want to stop. Of course there are problems - Daniel with commitment and Monica believing that he could comm ...more
Michelle
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it

Each one of these seem to get better and better. Maybe it's because we have seen glimpses of the men throughout the earlier books - or if the general progression of the author's growth... who knows...

So lets dive into the story of Daniel and Monica. Childhood friends that are linked together through a past that is entwined with first crushes and support when things fall apart. Both business savvy and both still friends after all these years. Daniel is the Prince of Chicago, one of the most sough
Stephanie
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, adult, romance
Hell! This stories keep coming more and more perfect. It have so much action, funny scenes and hot scenes that I barely cannot put it down. I never thought that Daniel had this side of him.

As I said, this time was the time of Daniel Lexington and our woman is Monica Davenport is the winner. I can say that she was the winner long time ago thanks to their backgrounds. They knew each other for years and love each other for years too, but neither of them want to say it to the other. Basically that w
Lisa
Jun 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I cannot get enough of these books. They are steamy, short, well written and I absolutely love them. As I have said before, they are somewhat out of this world with the Billionaires and their over-the-top security systems and Bugatti's. But I don't always dive into a book to read about REAL life. The fantasy of the rich and hunky is part of the appeal. The unflappable king of non-commitment, Daniel Lexington, is in love? What?! Awwww. And the Ice-Queen herself is his one lost love!? Can you say ...more
Vintage
This was well on its way to be being a three or four star. Daniel is an awesome, kickass, alpha bad boy with a melting heart. Monica, the Ice Queen, is a shutdown girl who goes to her BF to enjoy sex. She's shut down due to a horrific family tragedy.

But,(view spoiler)
Maureen
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Prince and the Princess are best friends for like forever. They can talk to each other, have meals together, board meetings but neither has ever thought of the other as "the one", until.....
Now once they get their hands on each other the Prince teaches the Princess a thing or twelve in bed. Okay they aren't really a prince or princess but as the story is told they make you think that if it was a fairytale they would be just that. I love Daniel's character. He is the epitome of the sexy good
Patricia
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Each book in this series just keeps getting better. Since we aren't going to find real men like this we have to live through the eyes of Red Garnier and her sexy, wonderful billionare hotties. Daniel doesn't seem to have as much kink factor as his friends but his story is no less captivating. To have loved your best friend your whole life and have your dream come into reality just makes the story all that more enticing. I look forward to the next book in the series and recommend to one and all.
Amy
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2readseries

"You seem to be mistaking me for one of your elderly lapdogs. I'm not a man to be ordered around, not even by you, but now that you're making demands of me, then I'll gladly issue some demands of my own. The first one is, don't you ever, ever, say his name to me again as long as I'm fucking you. I may be your friend, but I'm also your lover. It's my name you call when you come. It's my eyes you look into when you're begging and writhing. It's me you wanted to fuck last night, me you wanted to fu
Theresa
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I thought the book before this one was my favorite in this series, but that was until I read this one. Red Garnier is fast becoming one of my favorite authors.

Daniel and Monica were friends - both secretly in love with the other. They both hide under a facade to keep their feelings hidden from the public. When they come together as a couple, they are explosive ... scorching hot and their happily ever after inevitable.
Christina Montminy
Really good story, I liked it a lot, they just keep getting better as they go. Daniel & Monica are a great couple. I like how Red Garnier makes her books look short but when you actually look at them her chapters are long, anywhere from 43 to 113 pages long. Her book might only have 5 or 6 chapters in it but they are long & completely filled chapters. I like her style.
Limecello
Sep 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
This was probably my least favorite, if I can say that - I do love Daniel, but Monica's whole reasoning was unsound to me.
Of course it conveniently allowed for some intense longing and angst, but that felt contrived.

I guess I just wasn't entirely convinced/follow the "logical conclusion" Monica made on why she should be an "ice princess."
Ixcia
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
Really great book! My god, this man.... They are just perfect. When they want something they pursue it, respect it no matter what even if they get hurt, Daniel is one of them. Loving someone for so many years and trying to not pressure that someone when he gets his chance, he's actually in heaven! Love it!
Gina
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really do like this series. I don't why I am so engrossed in the billionaire theme, I guess it is my way of avoiding reality for a bit. Daniel and Monica are a great couple that have been in love for years -- since they were kids. It's a nice story of finally admitting that and overcoming obstacles from each of their pasts.
Kirst
Apr 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
Novellas just don't do it for me far too rushed, though I liked the characters it was just too short and going over the same emotions they were feeling got a bit boring. I ended up skim reading this in 1 hour! Says a lot about the book! Disappointing and I think the author missed a chance to write a book and not a novella on these characters...
Latasha Connor
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
She did it again this was another hot book from the series. Red garnier is a wonderful author. She holds your interest and makes you feel hot, hot, hot. She gives you an insight of all relationships on how they find love. Good book!
~ Cariad ~
Jul 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
A decent 4 star read

I enjoyed Monica and Daniel's story. For a decent length novella it's a quick and HOT read!

There's plenty of good sex scenes, I particularly enjoyed their foreplay at the photshoot - yummy!

Look no further than Daniel if you need a hot alpha read.
Maricris
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, reading this was a pleasant surprise. Daniel's vulnerability and willingness to be with Monica right from the very beginning was a refreshing change from all the billionaire alphaholes I've been reading.
Kim C.
Jan 16, 2014 rated it liked it
This was ok. I expected Daniel to be a bit darker and more intense based on the perception given in the previous books. I didn't feel the chemistry between him and Monica was as hot as it was in some of the others in this series.
Kate
Aug 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ok as you can see from my updates I have read all four out now and I have the others three stars..don't get me wrong o liked these books a lot but I wanted more..I get that they are novellas but it felt like I was given the 'cliff notes' version of the story..and well I wanted the whole thing lol!!
Melody Grainger
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this one a lot, lots of chemistry and a lovely story :-)
Vic Porter
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My second favorite of this series.
Robin Lynch
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love that these books are from both characters views, shows a man can really love a women more then anything!! Bravo
Carmen
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Said there is only one left. Juicy as ever
Xine's Obsession
Jan 06, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5⭐ ...more

• A Bit Of Sass
  • The Innocent's Dark Seduction
  • The Greek Billionaire and I
  • The Billionaire's Bargain
  • Hot for Santa (Hot in the City, #5; The Twelve Quickies Of Christmas, #10)
  • Starting from Scratch
  • Touching Ghost (SEALs On Fire #6)
  • Temptation's Edge (Edge, #3)
  • Asking for Andre
  • Genetic Celebrity (Genetic Attraction #4)
  • Convincing Quinn (Rock Hard, #1)
  • Pack Council (Were Chronicles, #9)
  • Beautiful Salvation (Blood Prince, #5)
  • Sweet Caroline (Blue Jeans and Hard Hats #1)
  • The Playboy's Proposition (Australian Playboys #1)
  • Beauty and the Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #2)
  • Worth the Risk (Worth It, #2)
  • Beautiful Scars
Red Garnier is an erotic romance author whose first book released from Ellora's Cave Publishing in May 2007 to receive a Fallen Angel Recommended Read.

She writes fun and sexy erotic contemporaries as well as paranormals, which can range from dark and emotionally intense, to witty and fun and sweet as cherries! Whatever she's writing at the time, Red loves to sit down with her characters and let th

The Billionaire's Club (5 books)
  • Claimed by Him (The Billionaire's Club, #1)
  • Taken by Him (The Billionaire's Club #2)
  • Bound by Him (The Billionaire's Club #3)
  • Bared by Him: (The Billionaire's Club #5)