Start by marking “Other Things (Chicago Stories, #1)” as Want to Read:
Other Things (Chicago Stories, #1)

Other Things

(Chicago Stories #1)

If you survive...

When Ellis Winston is left for dead, he knows his life will never be the same. The public face of the largest fashion house in North America, Ellis has fallen out of favor with the powers that be, the advertising agents who are seeking a much younger man to take Ellis’ place in the spotlight. Ellis never dreamed he’d be washed up at the tender age of twent
ebook
Published March 16th 2013 by Rebel Ink Press (first published March 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Other Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Other Things

Heller
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary, m-m
2.5

I found this a bit disjointed a few too many time jumps. I'm still a bit confused as to what exactly went down:

(view spoiler)

A bit too much dramallama for me to really settle down and enjoy.
Anke
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
Before writing anything about the book: This is my opinion :) it might be totally different for other readers. After reading a special blog post a few days ago, I think this is a fitting start. So, off to the book.
I have to say, this was not the book for me. Yes, I realize it's the first book by this author and I don't know what will develop in the future with this series, right now this book for me belongs into the category of interesting blurb, quite beautiful cover and then - let-down. While
Gigi
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow, great book from first time author Ryan Whitaker! This was overflowing with healing/comfort, a personal favorite of mine, and it is the first in a series of 4 books set in the Windy City. We do get a HEA in this, so I'm not sure if the series will be new characters or sequels, but it could go either way because the two MCs have a lot more left to experience together.

Recommended to all M/M romance fans who like the hurt/comfort/healing genre.
Don Bradshaw
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
Nice concept for a book but the author just couldn't make it work. There were time gaps and awkward spaces between the Ellis and Jake. What really killed it for me was that the story ended on a cliff hanger and there is no book two.
Shirley
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you came across the body of a frozen, near dead celebrity, who had literally been thrown away, what would you do? Most likely, the same thing that most would do, dial 911 and walk away with a story to tell. Not so for Jake Rowe. When he comes across Ellis Winston, instead of doing what most would do, he takes matters into his own hands. Something inside him tells him that Ellis needs him and his protection, and he was correct . . .

Ryan Whitaker grabbed my attention in the first few pages and
Tina
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by this writer and it will not be the last. It's a well-paced book, even if it is short, that gives the right amount of humour along with hotness that will keep people hooked on this series even if it is about another couple. I would like they see more with Jake and Ellis, they had their HEA but I'm betting that could go a long way.

Ellis is a poetic and graceful person who knows how to use words to get his point across. He started out believing he was going to di
Donna
Jun 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
A most intriguing beginning - left for dead Ellis doesn't expect to be found, much less rescued by someone he could care about. Jake is just as stunned when he is the rescuer. This is the first in a series and I'd like to see how they develop. Both characters have the potential for some great indepth growth. (Think Jules and Robin!). And I love the cover!
Mariana
Didi
rated it it was ok
Nov 11, 2013
jules0623
rated it did not like it
Mar 27, 2013
Nikola
Apr 05, 2013
Justin
Sep 06, 2013
Ryan Whitaker is a little fish in the big pond otherwise known as Chicago. When not watching the markets at the day job or working on the next story, Ryan can be usually be found in front of a large screen watching whatever sport is in season complete with a tv tray, a snack and a cold drink. During college football season, Ryan is wholly unreachable.

Ryan’s debut short story, Other Things, is the