Start by marking “Yuckahula (Broken Vacuum Cleaner & MacKillop, #2/IV)” as Want to Read:
Yuckahula (Broken Vacuum Cleaner & MacKillop, #2/IV)

Yuckahula (Broken Vacuum Cleaner & MacKillop, #2/IV)

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  3 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
The universe’s greatest ever investigative duo uncovers a plot to destabilise the Cosmos in a run-down London convenience store. As booze-crazed alien slugs unleash unspeakable horror and terror, only a combination of MacKillop’s able brain and Broken Vacuum Cleaner’s array of cleaning attachments can hope to save the day.
This is the first story in the BVC & MacKillop
Published May 11th 2012 by Abysswinksback Books

To ask other readers questions about Yuckahula, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yuckahula

Shona
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Middle England meets aliens. And a broken vacuum cleaner. Who is more than he seems. Complete with oozily gross villains and a scarily real depiction of the, um, delights of a British city convenience store.

Completely original, with great humour and description. Whitmore has a unique way with language. I particularly love the description of the body-hopping hero, McKillop, waking up in a body which is, to say the least, in less-than-suitable shape for adventure. Don't you just hate it when that
Robin
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Whitmore creates an alternate universe in stories that is both lifelike and zany. If in storytelling you like Doctor Who on TV and/or the Hitchhiker's Guide in prose, this series is for you. Whitmore's turns of phrase are amazing, and I am rarely amazed. I find myself grinning about this or that "thing he said" long after I've finished reading. Cool series, and so well done.
Tom
rated it did not like it
Sep 23, 2014
Steve
Apr 12, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Amadeus
May 20, 2015
Stephen Robertson
Nov 11, 2015
Aug 20, 2017
My fantasy comes bundled with plenty of width to make up for the absence of height. Shallow suburban stuff is where I'm at, with the occasional interstellar sci-fi crisis spooned into the mix alongside dredgings from the swamp of myth. Sometimes it's funny and sometimes it's dark -- mostly it's both at the same time.
More about Steve Whitmore