Start by marking “The Impact of You” as Want to Read:
The Impact of You

The Impact of You

Needing an escape from her past, Avery chooses a college where no one knows her. Keeping a low profile was the plan, falling for the intense frat boy, Jase wasn't. Yet she can't deny how alive she feels when he's near. Even as common sense implores her to stay away, her body begs her to get closer.

Jase, numb from his own family drama, has grown bored with weekends fueled b
Published June 7th 2013 by Kendall Ryan (first published June 1st 2013)

Monisha

HOLY HELL!!!
ATTENTION, PEOPLE!!!!!

*******EXCLUSIVE TEASER *******

description

His eyes grow serious and he leans in toward me, his unique scent of cologne and fabric softener greeting me.

“You sure you’re okay with what happened between us last weekend?”

I swallow. “Why wouldn’t I be?”

I want to appear, cool, effortlessly sexy, and easy going.
Too bad I’m a bundle of nerves, gripping the table in front of me for support, ready to melt into a puddle on the floor with the way Jase is looking at me.

His voice drops
Christy
Mar 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Sexy Stars!

Kendall Ryan knows how to write a hot NA book! She has proved that over and over again! This book is no exception... Oh my Jase.

photo 70f7e776-8596-424a-ad3b-6e2c766cda92_zpsad2b84b5.jpg

Avery is going to college, living life, but she is not really living. She is going to a school where know one knows her. She won’t get too close to anyone. There is something in her past she can’t get out, so she keeps to herself. She keeps her distance from everyone, except her two best friends. But even they don’t know about her past.

photo 8d7dca3b-5ecc-4688-9507-1e221c6ff753_zps780d5c3d.jpg
Getting close to
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Ugh...I was so close to DNF'in this book. I thought about it several times. At about the 50% mark I just started skimming. I didn't care anymore.

This was my fourth Kendall Ryan book, and IMO they just seem to be getting worse. This was an attempt at almost every other NA book out there, only this one just wasn't very good.

So let's see....

virgin heroine--check
heroine is hiding a secret from her past--check
gay best friend--check
hero is the campus slut--check
insta love--check
hero has a troubled p
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Mar 20, 2013 marked it as z-2013
This looks good :D
and then I think.. *I WANT THIS NOW!!!*

description
but then I see June! x_x

Needing an escape from her past, Avery chooses a college where no one knows her. Keeping a low profile was the plan, falling for the intense frat boy, Jase wasn’t. Yet she can’t deny how alive she feels when he’s near. Even as common sense implores her to stay away, her body begs her to get closer.

Jase, numb from his own family drama, has grown bored with weekends fueled by nameless girls and countless bottles when
Dre
This book wasn't as good as the others I've read by this author. I was very disappointed with the way Jase treated Avery after finding out about the pictures esp considering his womanizing past. So she took some pictures with an ex, and he was a scumbag who showed them around and they got out. Why does that make her the slut?! She loved him, so it was her ex who was the douche for telling her he loved her and cared about her to get her to take those pictures only to show them to his buddies and ...more
Tess
Apr 21, 2013 marked it as never-finished
I keep getting this book mixed up with Wait for You by J. Lynn. The female protagonist in that is also called Avery, and there's also a Jase in that book. It doesn't help that the themes seem pretty similar.
Still looking forward to this one nonetheless!
Syndi
May 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNF

I know this is NA book. I try to put my mind set into NA. With all of their curiosity about life, sex, self discovery, friends or foe, social awkward, college etc. But this book really boring! I feel like I am sitting in the very boring classroom and the lecturer super duper boring that nothing click.

The plot, the story the characters.... nothing click with me. By 60% I want to drop to sleep listening to the audio book. I do not even want to know the ending.

2 stars
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'
BOOK REVIEW: The Impact of you – Kendall Ryan

My Kendall Ryan cherry has been well and truly popped by this remarkable new-adult college romance. Its had a rather gratifying ‘impact’ on me, simply due to one notoriously naughty but delectable character…
Jase. <3

My inner cougar has been unleashed and she is roaring in ecstasy…
because of Jase. <3

This has got to be one of my favourite college based romance dramas, EVER,
because of Jase. <3

It’s no secret that college romances are becoming syn
Annie Brewer
Mar 22, 2013 marked it as to-read
Ummm can I have this now please?! Gah, it sounds friggin' fraggin' amazing! Not to mention, the name Jase....HAWT!!!!!! Jace, Jase....potato, pototo. I want!!!!
Brandie
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-2013
ARC provided by the author for an honest review.

Another fantastic book by Kendall Ryan! I love every single word this woman writes because she makes her characters relatable, and manages to incorporate everything I love in a good NA romance.

Jase is working through his own demons from his past. From appearances – he’s just a good-looking frat boy who sleeps around and lives a care free life. But there is so much MORE to Jase – he was every woman’s dream - sweet, protective, hilarious, & hot.
Michelle
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 01-signed
I’ve owned this book for over two years and I have no idea why I waited so long to finally read it. But fresh off of experiencing Screwed, I dove right in.

Avery is trying to escape her past, keeping her head down in at a college where no one knows her past. She’s mastered blending into the background but that is all about to change when she catches the eye of Jase, college man-whore, who might just give her ability to hide behind a mask a run for its money.

When an encounter at a frat party place
Ok so I'll say it again....I LOVE Kendall Ryan books. This is no exception. I started reading this as soon as I saw it was released EARLY and I didn't stop until I was finished. I will say that in Kendall Ryan fashion...This book was a quick read, but by no means does this book feel rushed. I actually loved the flow and pace of this book. Nothing was rushed or instant and it didn't drag out to where you could get bored. I really liked the speed of Jase and Avery' s relationship. I enjoyed that t ...more
Sali
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
As i was a beta reader on this for kendall my final star rating will go up after the edits have been made :)
as it stands tho its close to a 4.5*

WOW !!!!
Just ....ummm.... WOW KENDALL !!!!

Every freakin book u just amaze me !!!

Kendall has branched out into the NEW ADULT genre with this 1 & she did it EFFORTLESSLY !!!!

I CAN NOT wait to hear the squeals of delight from readers everywhere on release day !!!
Camila
May 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Es un libro para pasar el tiempo. Not big deal.
Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)
Virginal heroine = check
Playboy hero but retired when he met the heroine = check
Girl has dark secrets from the past =check
Guy has his own daddy issues and a loving mom = check
One complicated mess of a relationship = double check

Sounds familiar? This thing seems to be the outline for New Adult stories these days. I didn’t tick these things off because I didn’t like them; it’s just that this story has been built EXACTLY that way, the very same way as to how other stories are. Don't get me wrong, I
Zandra
Mar 21, 2013 marked it as to-read

witweew!
Monica Murphy
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved loved loved. But I'm a Kendall Ryan fan-slash-stalker of Kendall so this is no surprise. Really enjoyed Jase and Avery's story.
Katarina Silva
Review On: NOVA Reviews

For Pete's sake, whistle? Really? What a romantic nickname, if a guy I liked called me whistle it would not end well.

But okay. So there is this typical manwhore who spots this oh-so-timid girl standing awkwardly at a party and he immediately feels the connection between them both and feels how they are two damaged souls that do not fit in that scenario. Cliche? Just wait for the next part.

The girl (Avery) has a big secret that led to her necessity to hide beneath dumpst
Heather

This is a quick and somewhat predictable romance. Avery goes off to college to escape the drama that she left behind in high school. She is in college now and keeping a low profile. She is not a party girl. One night her friends talk her into going to a frat party. She finds herself catching the eye of notorious womanizer, Jase.

Jase is hot as can be and can get any girl on campus. Something about Avery catches his eye and he finds himself wanting to help her fit in. She is vulnerable and he want

Alba M.
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Avery está huyendo de su pasado, un pasado que incluye malas decisiones. Ahora ella es una chica nerviosa, tímida y que se siente incómoda en las fiestas. Eso es hasta que conoce a Jase. Jase está empeñado en hacer salir a Avery de su caparazón, pero ella tiene miedo de si salir implicará que sus secretos salgan con ella...

Iba muy bien el libro, me estaba encantando hasta que llegamos a la llamada "parte del drama". Hasta ahí, ame a Jase porque era un cachito de pan, y a Avery porque parecía que
Paula  Phillips
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Have you ever picked up a book and had major deja vu moments and you can swear that you have read this book before? For me, as I write reviews on the books I have read, and I have a perfect memory for the books I have read ever since I was younger. I knew I hadn't read this particular book, but as I was going through the novel, I couldn't shake off the feeling that this book was so damn familiar to me. In The Impact of You by Kendall Ryan, we meet Avery who is trying to escape her past and picke ...more
Brooke Cumberland
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was my first read by the wonderful Kendall Ryan. I was blown away right away at the depth of the characters. At times I felt that in the different POV's, the opposite characters actions were thrown off or not what I believed that character would do. But that's just me. I loved Jase, I hated some of his stupid stupid mistakes, but in the end, you just can't resist him. I felt bad for Avery for her troubled past actions that seem to haunt her, and a part of me wanted to smack her upside the h ...more
Trisha
Oct 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
Just ignore my rating
as usual, I struggle with the New Adult genre and tend to dislike more than I like them.

unfortunately, this one falls under the "didn't like." I just didn't connect, understand or like the main characters. So, my dislike definitely changed my whole experience of the story.
♥Trish♥
Mar 20, 2013 marked it as to-read
It's live on Amazon!! :)
Aideeeee
Mar 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
Debo dejar de empezar libros a la 1am porque siempre termino leyendo mierda como ésta.
Lane
Sometimes I enter weird slumps where I just don't want to finish a book so I pick up a romance and boy did this one deliver! I really love romance novels that are also emotional, and this one has a scene (view spoiler) that literally brought me to tears. I loved Jase, even though he had a tendency to jump to conclusions and not be that understanding. But who doesn't love a commitment-phobe turned perfect guy story?! He was just there for Ave ...more
Holly
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
When I started The Impact of You it was 11ish on a work night. I started with the intention of only reading one chapter..but we ALL know how that goes, I did behave though and read up to chapter 5 before I finally called it a night. I promised myself I'd start reading earlier the next night because I was determined to finish. Fast forward to the next night at midnight...I picked up at chapter 5 and read straight through until I was done at 3 a.m. my 6 o'clock alarm be damned lol!
It was WELL WORT
Lelyana
May 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Meet Jase , the pretty boy, manwhore in college, a perfection ....

Enter Avery, a girl with a dark past...

I was planning to give this one 5 stars, since I hooked with the story and can't put down!
But instead, I only can gave it 4 because (view spoiler)

It was started good, kinda boring at some point, but okay so far.
It was an emotional reading for me. I dunno
C-Money
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"you only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough" Mae West

A bad boy who loves his mom? oh lord, I'm done for.

Tall, blonde messy sex hair, blue eyes and a rocken body, what else do you need?

Jase is sex on a stick

I love books about kids in college. Maybe because I never went, so i never experienced dating and drinking. So i am living threw these books. I LOVED THIS BOOK From the very first page to the very last page.

SHIT FUCK

I dont think i have ever highlighted so many lines whi

• Stay
  • Wrong Kind of Love (Young Love, #4)
  • Dare Me Forever
  • Juilliard or Else
  • Search Me
  • Watch over Me
  • NOT A BOOK: Amazingly Broken
  • Kiss This (The McCallans, #1)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Everything Changes
  • Stripped (Stripped, #1)
  • Inhale, Exhale
  • Safe Word
  • You Got Me
  • AnguiSH (AnguiSH, #1)
  • Addicted to You
  • All the Right Moves
A New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author of more than two dozen titles, Kendall Ryan has sold over 2 million books and her books have been translated into several languages in countries around the world. Her books have also appeared on the New York Times and USA Today bestseller lists more than three dozen times. Ryan has been featured in such publications as USA Tod ...more
“I want this girl. I want her for my own. End of story. The world can fuck off for all I care. She’s mine.” 32 likes
“I can't have another guy touching something I want for myself.” 22 likes