Start by marking “The Fire Game (Fear Street, #11)” as Want to Read:
The Fire Game (Fear Street, #11)

The Fire Game (Fear Street #11)

3.51  ·  Rating details ·  1,302 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Welcome to Fear Street.

Don’t listen to the stories they tell you about Fear Street. Wouldn’t you rather explore it yourself…and see if its dark terror and unexplained mysteries are true? You’re not afraid, are you?

It was just a game…

Published September 21st 1996 by Simon Pulse (first published January 1st 1991)

Rachael Quinn
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Every time that I read a Fear Street book, I totally picture it as a bad teen horror, kind of like I Know What You Did Last Summer. I know, I know. That was a book too. Still, I really wish that besides reprinting every Fear Street book we could have like a new movie every week. Nothing spectacular but it would have to be a legit hour and a half long movie. I would watch it religiously and it would probably be great.

The Fire Game is about a group of friends who get into trouble when a new boy co
Latasha
I first read this book when I was a preteen. Reading it now, I'm not sure I'd want to be friends with any of these kids. The funniest thing about this book is when they are telling Gabe about Fear Street and how creepy & scary it is but then Diane's family has a cottage in Fear Woods but it's nice. Ok.... Later Jill is going to venture into them at night? People!! If these woods are so scary, with ghost, vampires and other creatures roaming around, I doubt you'd want to stroll through them a ...more
Gavin Abdollahi
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: novel, ya, horror, farsi, 2016
Bilingual review: first Farsi then English.

واقعا ميخواستم اين كتاب خوب باشه. از مجموع تالار وحشت، مه واسه كودكان است، لذت برده بودم، پس فك ميكردم كه از مجموع نوجوانى آر ال استاين، يعنى همين خيابان هراس، لذت ميبردم.
متاسفانه، غلت كرده بودم.
داشتانش نه جذاب بود، نه ترسناك.
درباره يه گروهيو از نوجوانانه كه با آتش بازى ميكنند. وقتى كه يه نفر تو يكى از آتش ها ميميره، قهرمان داستان،، يعنى جيل، بايد آتش بازى هاى دوست هاش را توقف كنه.
معلومه كه اين كتاب واسه نوجوانان نوشته شده، ولى اصلا ارزش ٥٠٠٠ تومانشو ن
Melanie
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: yam
Okay. Mixed feelings about this. On one hand, the story was fun and enjoyable, but on the other, when I truly think about it, it was kind of dumb. I figured out who the bad guy was pretty early on, so nothing was really a surprise to me.
DJ
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
When I was younger, Fear Street books were one of the very few book series that I've read. I remember fond memories of reading these books and felt like they were easy enough for me to read, especially when I read before bed as that's a habit that stuck with me through adulthood. I got rid about 25-28 Fear Street books (including 99 Fear Street, Cheerleader saga, Super Chillers, etc) in HS because "I'm not a kid anymore". I totally regret it. Funny enough, I've never read any Goosebumps books!

FF
✌ Ashley ☠
Jan 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Overall, this was a fairly decent book, much like the other Dear Street series.
The saving grace of this series is the mystery of the stories, and this one was no different. At some point I really suspected everyone of setting these fires. There is always a red herring in Stine's books and here there were two, maybe three. Gabe was fire happy and the game was his idea, but that sort of made him a little too obvious. Nick did come off as jealous, but he was also hesitant to start a small fire, mu
Alex
Apr 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Not one of Stine's best, but it's still Stine
Ginger Woods
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: one-day-read
I just didn't like the topic. It's not that I don't find fire interesting, but it was just not as exciting. 'Who set the fires' is less interesting then 'who murdered so and so?'.

I was definitely wrong about who I thought it was though. I could never imagine, (view spoiler)

I didn't really like any of the char
ElphaReads
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fear-street
This book was just about a bunch of arsonists who were pulling a BOB AND CAROL AND TED AND ALICE with each other. There was a fun recap of why Fear Street itself is so scary, though, so that was enjoyable. But really, it was pretty predictable, even for a kid's book I would imagine. Especially since it was originally written for teens. I think that my fourth grade self could have guessed the twists had I read it way back when.
Cameryn-Alia
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Probably one of my favorite fear street books I've read so far.
Amber
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the fear street books when I was younger I hope a whole new generation falls in love with them now ... :)
Suhib Alazeeh
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
jealousy . this is a story of hot young guy (an asshole ) and group of friends .
and this asshole taught his friends how to set fires . so shit happens afterwards . very enjoyable i loved it
yyyasmin
Main characters: Jill Frank (POV), Andrea Hubbard, Diane Hamilton, Gabe something-or-other, Nick Malone, Max Bogner

Cameos: Terry Ryan from Book #8, and special mentions from the characters about what happened in Book #8 ("A house burnt down and nearly killed everyone in it on Halloween last year"), #5 (my friends were chased by a nut with a chain saw"), #4 ("I know a girl whose parents went missing")

Plot : Diane's childhood friend, Gabe, moves to Shadyside. Apparently Shadyside isn't as interes
Taylor
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was my first RL Stine book, and I don't know that I'd feel this way when I was younger and less read but I did not like The Fire Game. I did go into the reading knowing that this was a young adult novel, and it wasn't meant to be the next Gone Girl, but something about it just wasn't likeable.

The writing was okay, descriptive enough to get the picture but not overly explanatory, which was a plus. The characters weren't overly memorable, but necessary to keep the story going. Well, all excep
Chelsea Gouin
Aug 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fear-street
This was one of the weaker Fear Street books, having zero horror or suspense to it. The concept was pretty far-fetched as well. A group of teens think lighting fires is funny and start doing it to get out of school and then just do it for a thrill. The fires are starting to get out of hand and the game has lost it's thrill, the group is now fearing for their life. Who is the one setting the fires? I'm used to the Fear Street with psycho killers stalking the main killers, or an evil spirit lurkin ...more
Drucilla
Oct 21, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fear-street
While it wasn't bad or stupid, there was absolutely nothing special about this book. Not the characters, not the plot, not anything. The one good thing I will say about it is that this may be the first time Fear street is actually spoken of in the Fear Street series. In most of the books, the main character lives on Fear street and that's all the connection the reader gets. While none of the main characters do live there in The Fire Game, they do delve into some of the unsavory aspects of the st ...more
Lisa
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r-l-stine
The first fire started almost by accident. A wastebasket fire in the school library. Jill Franks and her friends found it exciting. And it got them out of school for a few hours. Who could have guessed that the fire game would quickly spread? That one fire would lead to another? What Jill, and Andrea, and Diane, and the three boys they hung around with would find themselves caught up in the most dangerous-and deadly--game of all?
Toby Whelan
Oct 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
this book very interesting. what i liked about the book was that it was myterious it kind or had a mystery. what i didn't like about the book was that every one in the book where all freinds and all of them broke up, and stared to turn on each other and was woundering who was starting all the fires. but the whole thing stared in the liberary they all had detention one had a lighter and lite a piece of paper
Windy Teha
Jun 07, 2015 rated it liked it
The main idea of this book is pretty cheesy but i won't judge because it was published over 2 decades ago. When you have read so many mystery books, it's getting easy to guess the suspect. And when it turns out to be true, you'll be disappointed because how easy it is to guess. But i enjoy this book nonetheless. It's a very entertaining read.
Jason
Feb 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I read this series growing up in the 90's... Love the series, but The Fire Game was always one of my least favorite. (Although I always thought Gabe, pictured on the cover, was sexy as hell! lol) The ending is predictable on this one... worth a read if you're a die hard fan of the series, but otherwise it's not worth a read.
Jasontan
Jan 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
Ada buku Fear Street yg jelek, bagus, dan spesial. Fire Game masuk ke kategori bagus. Kenapa begitu?

Plot buku ini simpel. Trlalu simple, sampai2 saya bisa menebak siapa antagonis sbenarnya sejak 1/2 buku. Tetapi karena endingnya lumayan seru, saya kasih bintang 3 (bagus).
Kristen Lauderdale
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
A clique of normal, well-adjusted but restless rascals compete to set explosive fires all over the quaint small town of Shadyside. Meanwhile, putting an end to this mischief is on the local police department's to-do list. The 90's were a simpler time.

Amanda
Aug 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Needed more Suki Thomas and Fourth Level Wizards.

Rampant Arson

Actually everyone was really casual about fire. Was teenage arson a thing back in 1991 and I just don't remember? Also one of the female leads went though something pretty traumatic and should probably seek some deep therapy ...
Alicia
Aug 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Wasn't my favorite book by R.L.Stine but it was still really good !
Jaime
Apr 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
Aidan
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lyons
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Never understand a girl's mind.
Derek
Oct 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Its about four teens who start fires for fun. Then cops get suspisios about who is starting the fire.
Selvianty Selvianty
We have arsonist! But who did it? Read to know... :P
Alex
Another fun (and ridiculous!) Fear Street book.

I've been super sick the last few weeks, and re-reading books like this from my childhood is really helping to distract me. =)
  • Jessi and the Bad Baby-sitter (The Baby-Sitters Club, #68)
  • The Waitress
  • The Graduation (Final Friends #3)
  • Someone at the Door
  • Deceptions (Sweet Valley High, #14)
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • Prom Dress
  • Funhouse

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Fear Street (1 - 10 of 54 books)
  • The New Girl (Fear Street, #1)
  • The Surprise Party (Fear Street, #2)
  • The Overnight (Fear Street, #3)
  • Missing (Fear Street, #4)
  • The Wrong Number (Fear Street, #5)
  • The Sleepwalker (Fear Street, #6)
  • Haunted (Fear Street, #7)
  • Halloween Party (Fear Street, #8)
  • The Stepsister (Fear Street, #9)
  • Ski Weekend (Fear Street, #10)