Start by marking “Legend Beyond The Stars” as Want to Read:
Legend Beyond The Stars

Legend Beyond The Stars (The Darkon Warrior series #1)

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  130 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Seeking redemption from a mission gone terribly wrong, Captain Alana Knight volunteers to aid a dangerous operation to transport colonists between Earth and alien traders. But on board the spaceship, she learns of a galactic war raging for power. A power that can be transformed into a terrible weapon.

When the colonists are betrayed and sold, Alana’s mission is re-defined.
Published January 1st 2013 by Escape Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Legend Beyond The Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legend Beyond The Stars

Jean Barrett
May 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
I really liked this. A band of women destined for a new life, tricked and duped right from the off, not knowing who to trust or believe. They get into one scrape after another, and more or less go from the fat to the frying pan in quick succession.

I liked Alana. No wimpy, screaming, ouch I've broken a finger nail attitude for her. She's military, with a painful past, but she's all woman when it comes to what she wants, and she seriously wants her new alien captor.

Tarak, a Darkon Warlord, comes
Celestine
Feb 22, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
I like science fiction romance - usually those heavy on the romance, but with a good science fiction world surrounding the characters. This book lacked in both areas. The plot as described in the teaser was appealing. However, the narrative jumped around a lot. I found myself re-reading or wondering if text got lost in the download. After a while, I assumed it was just the author's style, mixing stream of consciousness somewhat carelessly with dialogue or description. Copious one-sentence paragr ...more
Alicia Huxtable
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!

When I read Aliens in the synopsis of this book I didn't expect this..........the book is not fast paced, nor is it a slow paced read, but the way the story of the Darkon race is told is perfect. There's enough in depth storyline to drag the reader into the story and not let go. Plus the last twist leaves it open for a 2nd story
999jrose
Aug 19, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
would have been a great book if the sex scenes didnt take up 80 % of the books.
like it was a great storyline and setting but wanted more action or explanation rather than a constant make out sesh. like broh their shooting down this town your base is under attack. what do you do prepare for war? nah man who cares about saving our buts this looks like a good time to hit out a steamy full on sex activity. im sorry i just wanted to love this book but the romance and steamy parts came at all the wron
Nikol
Dec 04, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Rule #1 on writing a strong female heroine: make her strong.
We are told time and time again about the heroines military strength, both physical and mental, yet there is nothing to prove that she truly is from what I read. She constantly vows down to Tarak says it won't happen again yet she does.

There is no such thing as character consistency in this book. It's safe to say I won't read the rest in the series.
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Alana Knight is a space captain whose last mission has gone horribly wrong. Searching for an escape from her guilt, she volunteers to escort colonists for a risky mission. Her duty is altered to keeping them safe and finding their way home, after they are betrayed and sold. But she also finds herself intensely attracted to her new “owner”. Now torn between escaping, her attraction to her captor is a conflict whose danger encompasses galaxies. Tarak El Rajan, a human, is a commander in the Darkon ...more
Llaph | No Frill | No Shill

Tarak El Rajan, a human, is a commander in the Darkon
BleuBelle
Apr 27, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
I hoped this book was like the Prime Chronicle Series by Monette Michaels. I loved this one so much that I made it a mission for myself to find other books similar to them. So far my search isn't very successful.

This story just fell short. And in the description it's mentioned that the Hero Tarek is human. But that isn't the case here. That confused me a bit.

The POV is changing so much and at random times you have to read very carefully so that you don't miss it.

The whole story is really confusi
B.N. Crandell
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not normally one for romance novels I heard about this one and it being referred to as sci-fi romance. As a big lover of sci-fi I decided to give it a read. Unfortunately for me I'd say it was more romance than sci-fi but it still proved to be a very entertaining read. Will this encourage me to read more romance novels? Probably not, but it sure had enough action in it to satisfy my needs.

I'd recommend this book to both sci-fi and romance fans and will be interested to see where the story goes f
margaret4
Did not finish, in fact i didn't get very far into the book at all. It felt like a childrens book, very two dimensional, the characters were placed in situations by the author and then rescued by the author. The dialogue was juvenile, none of the characters behaved in a realistic way. I finally gave up when one of the female characters, after having crash landed on an alien planet while being chased by aliens, asks "do we have time to preform a memorial service?". Of course you do sweety, it's o ...more
Miffy
I read the third in this series last year for an award, and without the back story, that book took a long time to make any sense. So when the first in the series came up as a freebie on iBooks I was quick to download it.
This is an entertaining read. There are some moments of tension, a lot of exposition and setup, and some moments of pure cheese balls. But...it holds together well as both a sci-fi novel and a romance, and I enjoyed it enough to read to the end. It certainly explained a heap of t
Kathy Heare Watts
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, sci-fi
What a fun unique Sci-fi erotic romance. A group of humans from earth traveling to a new location because of how unstable life on earth had become to be intercepted and then divided by age and sex and sold. The Darkon Warriors who bought the women called them slaves. It is a story of how a race of warriors who had no females, no sex drive all change when they encounter these human women and their race is giving a second chance.
Patti Ashley
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aliens need women

Usual plot but with some interesting characters. The story is plot deep and the world the women find themselves in is not very well developed. A pleasant read except for the constant slave references..
Stella Sensuelle
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this space opera romp, with plenty of sexytimes courtesy of the yummy Darkon warriors who just don't have any women left of their own race and need some spunky human females to wake up their dormant libidos. A real hoot.
Angela
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Buy this book!

I can't believe I haven't already read this series. I absolutely loved this book! If the second book is anything like this one it will be amazing! Loved it, loved it, loved it!!!!
Stacy Wilson
Jan 07, 2016
Ranae
May 30, 2015
Cheryl Campbell
rated it did not like it
Feb 19, 2015
Emma
May 05, 2015
Amanda Clymo
Feb 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • In the Devil's Nebula (The Phoenix Adventures, #2)
  • Caught in Amber
  • In Safe Hands (Grace & Poole, #1)
  • Queen of Starlight (Sheerspace, #1)
  • Alien Attachments (Alien Attachments, #1)
  • Heart of Stone
  • Tree Change
  • Overload Flux (Central Galactic Concordance #1)
  • Escape From Zulaire
  • Born (B Cubed #1)
  • HASH: Human Alien Species Hybrid
  • Heart's Surrender
  • Shadower (Shielder #2 )
  • Solar Storm
  • The Iron Admiral: Conspiracy (Ptorix Empire, #1)
  • Secrets Of Whitewater Creek
  • Her Cyborg Awakes (Diaspora Worlds, #1)
  • Girl Gone Nova (Project Enterprise, #2)
I'm a mother, a sister, a friend, a writer, a bean counter & paper pusher. I love writing & reading in my spare time. Animal welfare, the environment, bushwalking & kayaking are my other passions.
Latest releases are: Bindarra Creek Makeover and The Slave Trap
More about S.E. Gilchrist...

The Darkon Warrior series (4 books)
  • Star Pirate's Justice (The Darkon Warrior Series, #2)
  • When Stars Collide (The Darkon Warrior Series, #3)
  • Touring The Stars (The Darkon Warriors #7)