Start by marking “Texas Pride” as Want to Read:
Texas Pride

Texas Pride

When mega movie star and two time Academy Award winner, Austin Grainger voluntarily gave up his dazzling film career, his adoring fan base thought he’d lost his mind. For Austin, the seclusion of fifteen hundred acres in the middle of Texas sounds like paradise. No more cameras, paparazzi, or overzealous media to hound him every day and night. Little did the sexiest man al ...more
Published March 18th 2013 by The Kindle Alexander Collection, LLC (first published July 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Texas Pride, please sign up.
Rikanin Uhh...YEAH! I even wrote the author once and begged for a sequel I liked it so much. She hinted it was a possibility but it was a while ago. Very…moreUhh...YEAH! I even wrote the author once and begged for a sequel I liked it so much. She hinted it was a possibility but it was a while ago. Very worth your time I really really loved this book and I think it might even be either my first or second favorite from Kindle Alexander. It's in close competition with "Always"(less)

Gigi
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Galathea Thalassos

Fuck yeah, I loved this book! Hollywood glamour meets fucking hot cowboys. Right up my kink ally! The blurb pulled me right in and that was all it took. I was hooked. Texas Pride was angst ridden, heartbreaking at times, passionate and incredibly romantic. I absolutely feel in love with both two time Academy Award winner, MC Austin and Ranch owner and cowboy, MC Kitt. Both had a shitload of hurdles to jump over to get to their HEA, but what a HEA it was! Rainbows and puppies and sunshine and ros
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Did a re-read of this little diddy...in support of my friend and all (thank you Aksana) that hadn't read it. That's just the kind of friend I am! :)

Just as good the second time. I might have noticed the cheese-factor a bit more. But I've come to expect this with Kindle Alexander....especially in her earlier stuff!

Still she brings a HOT read, with just enough drama and angst to keep things interesting.

She's definitely an auto-buy author for me!

Original Review

5--HOT-HOT-HOT--Stars!!

Th

Review soon.
DW
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-love
Yay for another... I need to hump something book. I really need to stop reading M/M books at work.
 photo 4EE2D509-B4BF-4566-899A-C25519C41937_zpseydlswc1.gif

Austin leaves his Hollywood life to move back home to Texas. He has kept his sexuality secret his whole life. So when he finds out that his neighbor is a crush from high school, he makes it his mission to get him in his bed.

photo 36AABC67-5745-42AE-BA90-7F4C70E9AD9F_zpsqbwn6o8w.jpg

Kitt is the sexy rancher from high school that Austin has crushed on for years. He has lived a very lonely life taking care of his step mom, sisters and the ranch that his fa
Ingie
4 Stars - a fleeing moviestar and a lonely cowboy - great topic! Very hot and steamy but a really romantic tale too

Although I loved the theme in this novel, with a movie star and a secretive cowboy farmer, I hesitated a long time. In the beginning it was too much thoughts about sex, how they wanted each other etc but every after this became a really good romantic story. It started a bit callous but finally I was caught. I will certainly read more by Ms. Alexander.

This one felt sometimes much mo
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 STARS

description

"You've healed my soul. There's nothing I miss from that old life that I haven't found a hundred times better here with you." – Austin

"You've had my heart. It's never belonged to anyone else." – Kitt

Austin is a movie star in his early thirties. He’s tired of Hollywood, he’s tired of paparazzi, he's tired of all the gossip, so he decides to leave the celebrity world behind. He buys a ranch in Texas, in his hometown where he hopes to find quiet and peace.

Austin have a fiancée, a f
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
10/2/13 EDITED TO add funny twerk video

This was a good book for a M/M Romance. Cowboys, Horses, and Hot Guys Oh My! (No the Gangham Style guy is NOT who I'm referencing to as being hot....)

Kitt's a cowboy..I'm not a big fan of cowboy hats and boots but whatevs..... Austin is a fancy movie star who moves back to his hometown to get out of the limelight. They both don't know the other is gay until........

Kitt

Austin

Austin sees Kitt's underwear! Apparently its the kind gay guys wear so he's suspicio
Eva
What can I say about this, but how much I loved this book.

Austin is a movie star, tired of the Hollywood. He wants out, he wants peace. Where better to get back to Texas and the town he grew up in. What he finds there is Kit, a rancher that he went to school with... Kit has sold part of his property to Austin unaware that this is the older classmate he had a crush on in high school.

"It was the cowboy who caused Austin’s eyebrows to rise in unexpected speculation. The guy looked good. Real good
Diana
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This books has been sitting on my kindle forever, and I could kick myself for not reading it sooner. It was definitely hot and sexy, but very sweet at the same time.

Kitt Kelly is pretty much resigned to living a quiet lonely life because he is terrified of what would happen to his family farm/business if it ever came out he is gay. He is worried it would affect his business and he would be difficult for his Stepmom and sisters. So when he sells some of his land, little did he know his life would
Mona
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Another awesome read by the amazing and talented Kindle Alexander.

description

A sexy, sweet and tender love story between two passionate Texan men!!

Christelle
Gulp, what a bit of a...let-down.
Let me explain. Kindle Alexander has been amongst my first MM romance writers I read and I enjoyed a lot of her books, back in the days I was not interacting yet on GR. And I do remember having a great time reading this book.
So much that, for a GR challenge, I couldn’t help thinking about a re-read of Texas Pride. Time has passed enough that I remember the storyline but not the details, so I was expecting a satisfying rediscovery.

Austin, a very famous actor, is
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

**4.25 Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy Stars**

Austin Grainger, a bitter A-list actor ready to leave Hollywood for good; sick and tired of the paparazzi and the constant circus of living under the microscope. Kitt Kelly, a hard-working, salt of the Earth Texas Cowboy; shouldering the responsibility of his father's outdated farm and taking care of his family.

Both men closeted. Both men have secretly wanted each other for years. Austin has just purchased the land next door to Kitt's farm. Ready. Set.
Denise H.
***** This is the awesome story of two men destined for each other;
beautifully written by Kindle Alexander.

Austin's plans are finally coming true.

He's quitting show-biz and is going to be a rancher in his hometown. The wild life isn't for him.
Kitt is turning his family ranch into a profitable one,

with cattle, horses, breeding and insemination. He sold some land to pay for his sister's college dream, and all is moving along nicely until his new neighbor messes with his fence.
Austin, 25, and
Shelley
2.5 Stars
This could have been so much better.
Great premise where closeted Hollywood actor meets closeted hunky rancher. Both guys are gorgeous (obviously) fall in love DESPERATELY and attempt to keep the closet firmly bolted from the inside. The writing is engaging but spoiled by shoddy editing.

The characters are well developed and I felt something for Kit; but neither MC's are solid enough in their convictions.
The author defines each MC as Top and bottom from the start; but then decides to s
JR
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loves roimance
What can I say about this, but how much I loved every sentence, every word. Austin is a jaded actor, tired of the Hollywood machine. He wants out, he wants peace. Where better to get his heart's desire then back to Texas and the town he grew up in. What he finds there is Kit, a rancher that he went to school with. Kt has sold part of his property to Austin unaware that this is the older classmate he had a crush on in high school. Austin takes one look at Kit and he is determined to make him his ...more
Adam
I think it's time for me to accept that Kindle Alexander's writing just doesn't work for me. I gave one of her books 4 stars, but everything else has been less than stellar.
description

The editing was atrocious. There were too many grammatical errors to count, and oddly worded conversations throughout the book. This author isn't always the most diligent, but her work that I've read previously hasn't been this in need of a good edit. I'll assume that it's because this was one of her earlier releases.

That asi
Angelica
Apr 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: erotic-romance, ibook, mm, own, pms
I was interested at the beginning, but the more I read, the more disengaged I got. There were too many issues that kept me from enjoying this story. There are many grammatical errors to begin with, and some character inconsistencies that were annoying. For instance, one of the characters is a self-proclaimed bottom and the other one is portrayed as a top. As their story begins the roles were completely reversed. I have nothing against role reversal, but there must be an explanation if as a reade ...more
Nic
Hot cowboy + gorgeous movie star = sizzling romance!

When I started this book I was expecting a fairly standard story with a plot I am sure I have seen before - famous celebrity moves to the country, hiding his identity from most people and falls in love with a hot local guy. But this book surprised me. Yes, the plot does involve Austin (Academy Award winning movie star) buying a ranch and starting a relationship with his neighbour Kitt (ranch owner/cowboy), but it is unique in many ways.

The char
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}

I'm not really sure about this one to be honest.

On one hand.

And...

But it just all felt a bit forced or something. Also I tend to avoid books with the 'celebrity' trope as it really isn't a favourite of mine so that might also be the reason this didn't work for me. Why anyone would want to be famous is beyond me.

All that aside, Kitt and Austin were a nice couple and when they were communicating they were fabulous together. It was when anything or anyone from the outside was added that everythi
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
4.5 Stars
Natasha
3.5 big gay stars.
Spoilers indeed.

Kitt's a hot gay cowboy who's in the closest. Austin is a hot, super rich actor who wants to pound Kitt's bum. True love? Guess so.
Always with the beautiful rich people in KA books.

Anyway, Kitt's closested and there's lots of him being all "Oh no, I shall never come out" but then he meets Austin and they have lots of sexy and god do they ever talk! They talk about feelings and are quite crazy. Like, Mary Calmes characters level of crazy. Like, "OMG YOU'RE LEAVIN
Debra
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I got exactly what I was expecting from this book. A classic romance (some reviews have even said it felt like m/f and I tend to agree) where the closeted actor, Austin, frustrated with his Hollywood existence, leaves the limelight and secludes himself in the town he grew up in. Closeted rancher Kitt, sold part of his land not knowing it was going to Austin. Kitt remembers Austin as his HS crush, a senior to his freshman, who he has continued to fantasize about over the years. The two meet and e ...more
C.
Nov 09, 2013 rated it did not like it
My suggestion is: just don't bother reading this book. I made to the end through sheer force of will.

I mean, two extremely closeted men that get together so quickly you barely have time to blink. The same with the relationship. Less than a week goes by and there's already talks about commitment and so many corny and cheesy lines that I wanted to choke. I just don't buy it. And there's simply no time for you to get to know the characters as individuals and to want to root for them as a couple - a
Laziel
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
From the off set Kit stole my heart. As a lover of m/m romance its nice to be reminded at times that real romance still exists, and this is what Texas Pride delivers. within the pages of this story Kindle Alexander broaches the subject of how hard it can sometimes be to live life when your plagued by other peoples judgemental attitudes. For Austen and Kitt its even harder as Austen's character is such a well known celebrity that's hounded constantly by the dreggs of society, of which Kindle desc ...more
Mo
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I must say I really liked this one. Good looking movie star. Good looking Cowboy. Small town living. Big ranch. Fear of gossip, fear of betrayal, fear of loneliness. Loved Austin and Kitt - think I like Kitt a little bit more. His insecurities, the fact that he did not know how good looking he was. Austin had a struggle trying to convince him but it was worth it in the end. Makes me want to move to Texas and find a Cowboy for myself.
Trisha Harrington
I am conflicted on this one. I loved it, but I hated other parts of it. Austin was my favourite MC. I truly loved him. Kitt, not so much. But I could say I didn't despise him. The story itself was interesting and drew me in to parts of it. After reading this I find myself asking a lot of internal questions.

Was Kitt an ass?
Did I like how he treated Sean and the Austin?
Did Austin deserve how Kitt treated him?
Was the ending satisfying for me?

My answer to those are still a bit fuzzy. This story has
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I went out of my comfort zone as I needed something different. So happy I did. This is my second m/m book. Not only did it show me how difficult it has been in this world for people to honestly show who they really are and how they really feel, but it shows me love is love. Kudos to this author. I really did enjoy this book and the underlying messages in it. I'm loving these reads!!❤❤❤❤

"What made you finally come out?"
Austin - "When you find the person you know you're supposed to spend the rest
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧°**★°**★

Loved, the Cowboy....Loved The Book...Loved the Plot!

This book.....IMO~It is a somewhat an easy read~with a lovely amount of pages. The descriptive writing is excellent. There were a few WTF momdnts, but they made for an intresting tead. And, I still really loved this read.

This book was easy to fall into this book. It had fluff galore , and a strong western storyline.

I truley love my cowboy books as a whole, I ADORED!
Keagan Kruze
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
How did I miss this again? I loved the book even though there wasnt one stabbing or dagger reference. Which is something she might need to change in her next boook. Daggers makes the best stories more real.
Anke
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Bought this on Sep12 and then forgot about it. Finally found it again:) and today started reading.

At least I only paid 1.99$ for it, but at the point I am right now (14%) even that was too much.

More like 1.5 stars.
So, finished and as you can guess - just look at my status updates:) - nope, I wasn't a fan. Sorry. It felt like paint by numbers, here is the check-list, now I try and write a bestseller, shouldn't be so difficult. Obviously lots of readers liked it, but for me it was totally getting
Turning Pages At ...: Texas Pride by Kindle Alexander (M/M Buddy Read) 80 19 Feb 20, 2017 04:20AM
Some New Releases From Red Rose Publishing 1 26 Aug 29, 2012 09:28AM
  • Papa's Boy (Morning Report, #3)
  • A Wild Ride (The Bullriders, #1)
  • Love, Like Water
  • Pickup Men (Pickup Men, #1)
  • Chase the Storm
  • My Cowboy Heart (The Cowboys, #1)
  • Red Dirt Heart (Red Dirt, #1)
  • Cowboys Down
  • Texas Heat (Texas, #3)
  • Nowhere Ranch
  • Conner's Courage (Whispering Pines Ranch, #4)
  • Let It Go
  • Out of the Darkness (Dark Horse, #2)
  • Leaving Home (Home, #4)
  • Inherit the Sky (Lang Downs, #1)
  • Unbreak My Heart (Unbreak My Heart, #1)
Website: www.kindlealexander.com
Email: kindle@kindlealexander.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author...

“Why did you buy them? Stop buyin my shit Austin! First the hay, now my horses. Why?” 17 likes
“You've healed my soul. There's nothing I miss from that old life that I haven't found a hundred times better here with you.” 5 likes