Start by marking “Dragon Mine (The Hidden, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Mine (The Hidden, #0.5)

Dragon Mine

(The Hidden 0.5)

His Dragon, her magick, a dark mystery, and hot sparks!

Kirin is summoned home to Miami when his father goes missing--the man who ruined his life, and his relationship with Elle, by being a suspect in her mother's disappearance. When he runs into Elle, sparks fly, especially when he discovers her father is missing, too. Suspecting that their disappearances are linked, they
Published June 4th 2013 by Forever Yours (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Mine

Michelle the Romance Witch
May 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-arcs
I cannot wait for the rest of this series. This was a great novella to begin things. There is significant world building and we get to see many of the main characters and even get glimpses of what might be coming in the full length novels to come. Being a fan of Jaime’s work, I was thoroughly happy with every minute of this read. Though I would have loved to have the story be longer and maybe starting a few years earlier so we could see the couple falling in love. But seeing as it was just a tea ...more
Danielle Gypsy Soul
I love dragons so it's hard for me to read a book about dragons and find it just okay but that's what this one was. It was a big information dump and retelling of what happened in the past. The dialogue was a bit flat and the character's motivations didn't always make sense. Honestly, when I finished it I was a bit let down and I'm not sure I'll even read the next one.
✿kawehi.reviews
May 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
Talk about B.O.R.I.N.G!!! Aside from the boring plot, pacing, the unrealistic characters and dialogue, I don't know what was worse.

This was literally my face during all but one scene in the book....

Then, when the love scene happened....

And I was like "Oooh la la!!" So smexy.

Then after that it went back to....

And,

The Window Seat
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
To be honest, I am still very up in the air with the whole "novella before the series starts" trend that I am seeing, but with the two that I have read lately, the books have seemed to launch a series with great potential... so maybe I should sit back and keep my mouth shut about it!

Kirin is a Dragon shifter and a part of the world of the Crescents - a paranormal world that coexists alongside our own. Because of the mystical force that gives Dragons their power that exists under the Bahamas, mos
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
Raven DeLajour
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, romance, e-books
I really wanted to give Dragon Mine higher stars since I love the story concept and the array of characters. However, I found that the info dumping and lack of explanation in the novella interfered with the flow of the story. The chemistry between Kirin and Ellie is great and I love how they reunite once again, and the action in the story adds suspense. But like I said, I wish there had been more explanation instead of just jumping right into the story like that. I hope that the upcoming novel d ...more
Mel
What a fantabulously brilliant and unique world Jaime Rush has created in The Hidden. I am a HUGE fan of her Offspring series and have been chomping at the bit for Dragon Mine, the prequel novella for her new series. So much awesome packed into this novella; great plot, intriguing characters, suspense, mystery, and a seriously smexy dragon.

Dragon Mine set up the series perfectly and with the cliffhanger ending had me itching for more. I can't wait to get my hot little hands on Dragon Rising, th
Kathy
Apr 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Ni_kii
Jun 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Disclosure time. This review was requested from NetGalley but is being done after I requested to feature the author post for Authors After Dark 2013. She couldn't commit but requested a review and I agreed. Although this may seem like it would cause me to be falsely positive about this novella, I hasten to add that it wouldn’t. I’d have done the review anyway and talk Ms Rush that I wasn’t doing it as a spotlight. There is no point in lying; you always get found out. Sorted? Good.

This is the fi
Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
In preparation of upcoming series Jaime Rush gives us a short intro into her new world with Dragon Mine. I’ve read a few of her books in the past but I always felt something was missing. When I received this one for review I was skeptical I would like it but when I saw it was rather short, even for a novella, I figured I had nothing to lose.

Kirin and Elle have a sordid past filled with love, regret and betrayal. When Elle’s mother disappeared and all the evidence pointed to Kirin’s father and an
Snarky Mom
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
(This is a section of a full review that was originally posted on SnarkyMomReads, covering both "Dragon Mine" and "Dragon Rising".)

This is a TWO-FER! Yep, two novellas in one review, because they share a story arc. Now, before you panic - NO, you do not have to read both of them at the same time (unless you have OCD tendencies like me - then yes, schedule time for both back-to-back). While the story arc is referred to in both novellas, the action & romance focuses on two separate couples - a
Amanda

Reviewed for: Where the Night Kind Roam

So I picked up this book with high hopes because I love dragons! I mean what’s not to love about dragon shifters in the paranormal genre?! They are massive, scary yet beautiful, breathe fire and are seriously Alpha. So I am sad to report that this one just did not live up to my expectations. It was merely mediocre. I honestly don’t even remember all that much about it, I only read it about a week ago and I’ve already forgotten the characters names (good the
Shauni
What would you do if the love of your life was a dragon? And you well, weren't? If your father hated dragons unconditionally. Then your mother disappears and her most recent friend was a dragon? Yeah tough choices and they only get worse in Jaimie Rush's Dragon Mine, the exciting first book in her new series Hidden.

Life just keeps going from bad to worse for Elle.. Her Dragon mother disappeared and with it her trust in her Dragon boyfriend.. Six months after the split her father has gone missing
Melindeeloo
2.5 stars - because this was okay but I think there is potential for the series.

Former lovers dragon Kirin and magic wielder Elle, will have to put the past behind them in order to solve the mystery behind the disappearance of their missing fathers and it will take their combined powers and the power of love to defeat a powerful entity which seeks their deaths.

The beginning of this prequel short is heavy on the oddball terminology associated with the Crescent world of Dueces and Dragons and inst
Karen
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have found myself loving the paranormals in The Hidden series. This was a novella which introduces the inhabitants of the slice of Florida that has become home to these people with many secrets. The characters are well defined quickly so that you are able to get an immediate idea of who they are in regard to each other as well as within themselves. The writing follows a natural progression which keeps your interest. The myth is laid out here for what will be given more detail as the series con ...more
Stacy Sabala
Oct 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Book Review- Dragon Mine by Jaime Rush

This novella brings back together past lovers, Elle and Kirin. Kirin is a dragon and has separated himself from his family by moving to Atlanta. After Elle thought he chose his family over her, she broke his heart. She blamed Kirin’s father for her mom’s disappearance. When possible evidence surfaced, Kirin’s sister destroyed it and Elle knew that Kirin lied about seeing it. She felt hurt and betrayed. She turned her back on Kirin and walked away from him.
Emily Guido
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Review of Jamie Rush’s DRAGON MINE

Right off the bat Kirin Slade is informed of his father’s disappearance. This sets in motion his investigation into what happened.

Once at home, he literally is hit by his long lost love Ellie. Soon he finds her father is missing also. Demons at their doorstep are hindering their investigation in how or why these men are gone.

Can Kirin control his Dragon inside of himself while his love Ellie is around? Magic and mystery is everywhere they go.

My Thoughts about D
Kim Falconer
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Dragon Mine is a rich and alluring tale, drawing us into the contemporary world of Crescents, the part human descendants of Dragon and Deuce Magick gods. Kirin is mesmerizing, in human or dragon form, and the long lost love of his life, Elle, practitioner of Deuce Magcik, is equally compelling. They are thrown together by chance when both their fathers mysteriously disappear. Sparks fly, between them, and in their battles with a shadow demon who won’t stay dead.

The pace is action fast, perfectly
Donna
A short, quick read that starts the introduction to The Hidden series to come out soon.

Kirin is a dragon that has been living away from home for a while, trying to make a life away from the woman he loves. Elle has stayed in Miami and worked with her father, never thinking she will see Kirin again. When his father goes missing he returns home and is immediately drawn to her as she is to him. However, her father has also gone missing and there is evidence of magick gone awry.

This was a great int
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
This is a short novella to help start of Jamie Rush's Hidden series.

It book was action packed and didn't stop from the word go, however I never got a true feeling of the emotions between Kirin and Elle. Although there was talk of their feelings and of their past, it never rang true, it was if an essential spark was missing.

I also did not care for the arrogance that Kirin showed. It was definitely on the major ego strong side, BUT, he did have a sweet side that we saw with Elle.

We see Gods playin
Angela
Jun 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommended to Angela by: netgalley
Wasn't that impressed with this book. It definitely needed a glossary to explain some of the terms and there were a ton of terms within the first chapter. It never explained what a Deuce was and yet three of the characters were Deduces. I'm guessing they were some type of witches. The two main characters, Elle and Kirin, had previously been lovers so that fast relationship was completely believable. I just would've liked more back story or more explanation on the world that this takes place in. ...more
My Book Addiction and More MBA
DRAGON MINE by Jamie Rush is an exciting Contemporary Paranormal Romantic Suspense. #0.5 in "The Hidden" series. A novella packed full of secrets,dragons,demons,angels danger,and romance. It also has magick,passion and did I mention passion. A quick,sexy read! A great story of love and sacrifice with a secret or two."Dragon Mine" leads into the new and upcoming series "The Hidden" and what a beginning. An awesome by this author and one not to be missed. Received for an honest review from the pub ...more
Beate
This was an odd cookie. I'm still not sure what to make of it. "The Big Plot" didn't find a satisfactory ending here, I guess that's why there's another novella in the series before we get to the novels.

I do love my dragon books, but this one... Seriously, not sure how I feel about it. It's well written so it's not that. I guess I never really was on board with the characters, and the plot...a weird one.

I was a little weirded out by this book, so I'll be holding off for a while before I read the
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Great start to this series, it was a fast story about two high school couple and broke it off years earlier when things came up that stood between Elle & Kirin. They never thought they would run into each other looking for answers for why their father's suddenly disappeared, while trying to get answers, dealing with a monsters and Kirin telling Ellie him and his dragon claimed her as their mate and picking up their love where they left it while fighting the monster to save someones essence.
Carissa Crabb
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dragon Mine is a novella in The Hidden series. It's my understanding that the novella were published first, then the full length novels; however, it's best to read the novellas between the second and third books in the series. The third book does make reference to events that happen in them. You could read the novellas without reading the entire series.
Kelly at
Review will be posted at www.books-n-kisses.com .

Disclaimer:
I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for an honest review. This review is my own opinion and not a paid review.
Francesca
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
<3 Kirin
Tammy
Jun 06, 2013 rated it liked it
This novella has definitely intrigued me enough to want more...
Jess
May 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
Review to come...
R *is for Relentless*
Sep 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Promising series for those of us who love all things dragon :)
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Dead Sexy Dragon (Dragon Heat, #1)
  • Dark Wolf (Spirit Wild, #1)
  • Caged Warrior (Dragon Kings, #1)
  • The Demon's Desire (Hearts of the Fallen, #2)
  • Homecoming (Cloaked Devices #0.5)
  • Aidan (The Awakening, #1)
  • Demons Like It Hot (Demons Unleashed, #2)
  • Bitten By Deceit (Hadley Werewolves #1)
  • Goddess in the Middle (Forgotten Goddesses, #3)
  • Devil May Care (Speak of the Devil, #2)
  • Soul Kissed (Shadow Kissed, #2)
  • Throne of Oak (Maggie's Grove, #2)
  • Eternal Embers (Dragon's Heat, #2.5)
  • Blood Legacy (Cursed by Blood, #3)
  • In the Company of Witches (Arcane Shot, #2)
  • Luck of the Dragon (Las Vegas Dragons, #1)
  • Together in Cyn (Members Only, #1)
  • How to Seduce an Angel in 10 Days (10 Days, #3)

Hi! I'm Jaime Rush, also known as Tina Wainscott, author of 24 books and 3 novellas, mostly paranormal romantic suspense. My first book was ON THE WAY TO HEAVEN (April 1995) and my new PNR series, called The Hidden, debuted with connected e-novellas, DRAGON MINE and DRAGON RISING.

Miami, a city of decadence, sunshine, and Dragons, Angels, and Sorcerers. As humans who hold the essence of ancient go

The Hidden (5 books)
  • Dragon Rising (The Hidden, #0.6)
  • Dragon Awakened (The Hidden, #1)
  • Magic Possessed (The Hidden, #2)
  • Angel Seduced (The Hidden, #3)