Start by marking “The Face (Fear Street, #35)” as Want to Read:
The Face (Fear Street, #35)

The Face (Fear Street #35)

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  1,349 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Why can’t she remember?

They say something horrible happened that day. But Martha can’t remember any of it—not the smallest detail. They say it will come back to her in time.

But someone wants her to remember now. She draws his face, over and over—the face of a dead boy. She can’t control her hand. And she can’t remember how he died.

But she’s going to find the answer. Even i
Published February 1st 1996 by Simon Pulse (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Face, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Face

Jana
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was really interesting. To me, there was more that one mystery. I am also glad it doesn't mess with your head at the end.
Marija
Much better than the last one I read. This has a better mystery story. This is the first book I read in 2015.
Drucilla
Sep 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fear-street
The Face is one of the better Fear Street books. Its plot is a departure from other entries in the series (in that someone is not actively trying to kill the heroine) and while the amnesia angle has been done before, lots of elements make this amnesia story different. I won't go into too many details but this is one of the few Fear Street books that I wasn't able to guess the ending.
David Popovich
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is one of the better Fear Street books. A good mystery with a hook to keep you reading. What really makes it fun it the reveal of the horrible accident. It's one of the most graphic deaths I've read in the Fear Street series that my jaw hit the floor when I read it. The only main issue is an overstuffed cast that carry their own backstory or subplots that don't really go anywhere. Some are dropped halfway, others are barely explored, and some are just there to look pretty, but it's still on ...more
Amber
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
in 2013 my local library was getting ride of all paperback books and they had all the R.L. Stine / Christopher Pike books so I bought all of them and read them with a massive teen book marathon .. I really hope that a whole new generation of teens gets to fall in love with these books !!! as they are simply the best I loved all of these books in my teens .. :) and I really enjoyed going down memory lane re reading them as an adult ... :)
Carol
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this book 20 years ago (man I feel old!) and I think it’s one of R L Stines more intense books by far. I really felt for poor Martha. It had great plot twist at the end. I can see why I enjoyed these books so much back in the day.
Monica M
Mar 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: nostalgia, mystery, teen
3.5 bintang
Onix Martinez
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good interesting read. interesting twist!
Kristine (The Writer's Inkwell)
Posted originally on my blog:
The Writer's Inkwell

For the first time in a while, I finally got a chance to read one of the Fear Street novels I know I read as a kid. Sometimes it's hard to remember clearly if I read a specific one or just remember seeing the cover. But this particular one, I knew for a fact I had read. Even if I couldn't remember all the specifics on the book, it was nice to relive this particular thriller.

What's funny about this particular book is the fact that everyone but you
Supertramp
Jan 25, 2012 rated it liked it
This is my second R.L Stine book and also I beat my previous record of reading book in 2 days. For this book I took only one day from morning to evening just took about 4 or 5 hours.

The Face starts with an interesting plot about a young girl 'Martha' who looses her memory of a terrible thing happened in her life. She retrieves her memory with the help of a drawing which she drew without her control. When someone reads this plot obviously they attract to the story like I did but the story somehow
L
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Tia
Dec 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was awesome. This was my first Fear Street novel, and it was great. When you can't even figure out exactly what's going on, and I'm much older than a teen, then you know the author has some fine writing skills.
Something horrible went wrong and the main character can't figure it out. She keeps drawing this guy's face involuntarily over and over again. She apparently has amnesia and none of her friends will tell her what happened for fear that she'll remember it all over again. Definite
Ryan Hix
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have read many teen horror books by R.L. Stine, both Fear Street and the early stand alone novels. The Face was very good just as Stine's other books are.

Martha, the main character, was very likable. Something terrible happened last November, but Martha does not remember it. All her friends and even her boyfriend know the truth, but Martha's therapist won't allow them to tell her what happened. She must remember on her own.

I enjoyed this book very much. It was exciting and winding, but I w
Cara
Dec 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
I picked this book up for it's interesting title. I thought I'd give it a try and I really liked it. In fact, I was surprised to find out that R.L. Stine could actually write something more than a kiddie story like Goosebumps (which I loved growing up). The story gets really twisted to the point where readers really don't know what's going on and it's pretty much impossible to figure out who is behind what happened. Stine really keeps you guessing as he throws suspicions around. Overall, I thoug ...more
SaturNalia
Martha has amnesia, after an accident she can't remember and non of her friends will tell her about it. She keeps drawing and seeing a boy's face. Slowly she recalls what happens. No twist ending. There was so much going on and not enough pages to explore everything fully. Martha regaining her memory. Her boyfriend cheating on her. Her friend's betrayal. (view spoiler)
Sammie Ortiz
Apr 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Martha cannot seem to remember some horrific weekend. And her friends are not filling her in. But soon she starts involuntarily drawing a face of a dead boy! As she starts remembering that weekend, she starts questioning whether or not she was the one who killed the boy she keeps drawing. The story becomes more and more interesting as Martha slowly regains her memory. Once again, there is a surprising twist in the end.
Stuti Gurtoo
I remember few books (and almost no plots and characters) from the books I read as a child, but this one is still crystal clear in my memory. It was absolutely chilling and horrifying when the suspense is revealed towards the end - (a prank goes horribly wrong killing the girl's boyfriend in a skiing accident and she loses her memory, spoiler alert :D) Took a long time to find it but totally worth the trouble.
Autumn
Nov 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
I liked this book because it is very suspensfull. The way this book starts is kind of boring but then you realize that she cant remeber anything from a accident that happened to her. Slowely and slowely she starts to get ther memorie back. In this time you want her to remeber badly. Then by the end she has her memorie back full and she thinks she might be the killer and then you find out the truth and you do not expect it. If you like myster and suspense this is a good book for you to read.
Drusilla Tuala
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
OMG! i remember reading this in 5th grade. By then no one knew i loved reading. i remember borrowing this book over and over again. I just loved it. There wasn't just one mystery in this book. it's what i love about R.L Stine, he messes with your head and then the ending is not what you expected it to be. Childhood memories reading this. By grade 5 i was mature about reading these kind of books.
Masuma Khan
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really loved this book. At the end of this book it was a little bit sad and scary. Martha always draws this man's face it's like someone is forcing her to draw this face. She doesn't recognize the person she draws. She lost her memory in an accident. Do you think the accident has something to do with her drawing this face?
Kim Yannayon
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was the first Fear Street book I ever read. Here is is over a decade later and I still remember the whole story. I kept thinking this would be a great movie. I love this book. This is definitely a book you would read over and over.
Oscar Rodriguez zapata
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found this book along with other books on a bench as I was walking to the buss stop from work. The book caught my attention due to the author's name. Finished it in less than an hour. I couldn't seem to put the book down. I am glad I found it. A really good short read.
Jasmine123
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was really interesting. Every time i stopped reading it, i was eager to continue reading it. It has a lot of twists that I think you will enjoy. The climax is so surprising that I was not expecting it to be like that! That is why you need to read this book asap!
Annie
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As usual, this book is full of twists and turns. It is pretty scary how the protagonist constantly draws the face of a "stranger". It is an amazing read for anyone that likes Stine's books.
Alex
Jan 19, 2014 rated it liked it
I never remember reading this one as a kid!
Sandra
Jul 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
One of the best!
Jaime
Apr 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
Ria
Jan 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Nih novel bikin aku penasaran sampe bergadang bacanya. Soalnya aku penasaran alesan kenapa cowok yang selalu digambar Martha bisa meninggal. Ternyata oh ternyata hehehe :p
April
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm giving this 4 stars as a Fear Street book. 2.5-3 compared to other books, but for this series it's one of the better ones.
Plots and twists are expected but a quick easy read.
Brittany
May 01, 2011 rated it liked it
I read this book while in middle school. I was a HUGE R.L. Stine fan and like most of his other books, I couldn't put it down.
  • The Dance (Final Friends #2)
  • The Kill (The Forbidden Game, #3)
  • The Evil Twin (Sweet Valley High, #100)
  • Babysitters Club Collection #6 (The Babysitters Club, #16-18)
  • Slow Burn (Sharing Space, #3)
  • Spirit Seeker
  • Fog (Losing Christina, #1)
  • The Wish (Nightmare Hall, #4)
  • Night Shift (Night Shift Series #1)
  • Dream Date
  • Twin Sisters
  • The Gallows Curse (CRYPT, #1)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine

Fear Street (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • The New Girl (Fear Street, #1)
  • The Surprise Party (Fear Street, #2)
  • The Overnight (Fear Street, #3)
  • Missing (Fear Street, #4)
  • The Wrong Number (Fear Street, #5)
  • The Sleepwalker (Fear Street, #6)
  • Haunted (Fear Street, #7)
  • Halloween Party (Fear Street, #8)
  • The Stepsister (Fear Street, #9)
  • Ski Weekend (Fear Street, #10)

Young Adult Deals

• Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Silent Harmony (Fairmont Riding Academy, #1)
  • You Are Not Small
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hunt (Atlanta Burns, #2)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Atlanta Burns (Atlanta Burns #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Get It Together, Delilah!
  • The Fourteenth Goldfish
  • If I Ever Get Out of Here
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Gates of Thread and Stone (Gates of Thread and Stone #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Earth & Sky (Earth & Sky, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Falconer (The Falconer, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Eighth Guardian (Annum Guard, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Shadows (The Fianna Trilogy, #1)
  • Invisible Emmie
  • The Guardian Herd: Starfire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
  • Grit
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Eagle Tree
  • Wild Swans
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Abby in Wonderland (Whatever After, #10.5)
    $10.99 $1.99