Start by marking “Dead End (Fear Street, #29)” as Want to Read:
Dead End (Fear Street, #29)

Dead End (Fear Street #29)

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  1,869 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
Natalie Erickson and her friends share a terrible secret. They were all in the car that foggy night — the night someone died at the dead end.

Now someone knows too much, and there's danger ahead. Natalie just wants out of this nightmare. But that's the problem with dead ends — there's no way out!
Published March 1995 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Dead End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead End

Lilli's bunte Welt
Das war ganz ok. Teilweise war es mir zu unlogisch. Wenn immer diejenigen sterben, die sagen, dass sie zur Polizei gehen werden. Was macht man dann? Genau: Erstmal allen erzählen, dass man jetzt auch zur Polizei gehen wird. Statt einfach zur Polizei zu gehen xD Naja, ansonsten war es auch sehr vorhersehbar und von Anfang an eigt. klar wem da welche Rolle zu Teil wird.
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
Very predictable
Ginger Woods
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
I don't have a problem with the idea of the book, I have a problem with dumb characters.

I do want to read the entire Fear Street series but sometimes it is hard to get through the way these 'teenagers' act.

I guess people under pressure, or people afraid do weird things. So I can't judge to harshly.

I thought Natalie Erickson was kind of a dick. Ironically my nephew has that same last name. ANYWAYS she was a dick, her boyfriend got a little drunk got a bit ridiculous, not in a mean way or a grab
McCaid Paul
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fear-street
There's no turning back...
After Natalie and a group of friends get involved in a hit-and-run, they vow to never share their terrible secret that left a person dead. But someone knows too much...someone who would kill to silence the living.
This was a pretty good little mystery, with some murder amongst friends. It was very fast-paced with a nice twist in the end.
Give this a try if you're looking for a quick, suspenseful read.
Orrin Grey
Aug 18, 2016 rated it liked it
This was part of the pile of YA R.L. Stine books that I found at my mom's house, and also part of Stine's Fear Street series, though, aside from some place names that I was probably supposed to recognize, I didn't have any difficulty reading it without knowing anything about Fear Street.

In spite of reading like it was maybe aimed at a slightly younger audience than the other two books I read, this one was a lot bloodier. With an I Know What You Did Last Summer-ish plot straight out of a 90s slas
Chelsea Gouin
Jan 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fear-street
(Re-read) Natalie hitches a ride with some friends after a party when her boyfriend had too much beer to drink. The result is a car accident on a dead end road in the middle of a foggy night. Scared, the teens drove off only to find out the next day that the woman in the car is dead. They make a vow to not tell anyone and keep the secret until they start getting killed one by one. Now nothing is looking truly like an accident.
Dead End redeems the series after the previous book's shortcomings.
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
in 2013 my local library was getting ride of all paperback books and they had all the R.L. Stine / Christopher Pike books so I bought all of them and read them with a massive teen book marathon .. I really hope that a whole new generation of teens gets to fall in love with these books !!! as they are simply the best I loved all of these books in my teens .. :) and I really enjoyed going down memory lane re reading them as an adult ... :)
All Mota
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novela
Es muy entretenido de leer e ideal para pasar el rato, sí, es predecible, pero no cansa, aunque sabía qué iba a pasar desde el principio, es una de esas lecturas fáciles que no requiere much concentración, es como leer una película noventera de terror, con adolescentes estúpidos y personajes unidimensionales, y eso a mi me parece suficiente razón para leerla.
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Don't drink and drive kids!
Jan Razil
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
first RL Stine book. A good twist. 🙂
I'm so happy my new library has so many Fear Street books! I'm having way too much fun re-reading these.

This one has one of those classic Fear Street endings that I love, and I liked it even more because I didn't remember anything about this book at all. I did think it was cool that a lot of characters from other books were at the party, because usually they are never mentioned again. Shadyside isn't supposed to be a big town, but somehow teens are constantly murdered and no one ever cares by t
Feb 04, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: People who like R.L.Stine
Recommended to Amanda by: No one
Feb 17, 2012 rated it liked it
I thought this was a great mystery. It seemed very realistic since car accidents are a very common disaster present day. Although, I wish it moved a little faster. It took me quite a while to read this book, because everything took forever to happen. I know at one point there was a high school prom, and it seemed like it took days for me to finish reading that part. Some things I did like about it though, were that it had a nice story plot, and the ending was very unpredictable.
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
i've read this book at least 4 times over the years and it never gets old. i would love to see it as a movie though its obvious that there are plenty of similar movies out there but nothing just like it, unless i just never seen it. anyway nothing i disliked, and will still continue on reading whenever i want. 5 Stars
Hayley Thomas
Jan 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror-drama
this was a good read about a girl called natalie who was in a car with her friends one night, when it crashed in2 another car. the next day they learn that the mayors sister was in that car, and she died.
they make a pact not 2 tell any1, but wen 2 of them want 2 tell, they get murdered. i kept trying 2 guess who the killer was but the twist still surprised me.
Emily Wright
May 20, 2014 rated it liked it
FLASH BACK! I feel like a read a hundred of these and I'm not sure why. It's like cramming a teen soap opera into a tiny book but then you can add magic or murder and feed off of children's paranoias...just terrific when I was a teen haha but IMO they don't really stand the test of time.
Big RL Stine fan though.
Fen Fen
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
The book cover & the synopsis, doesn't make me interested to read in the first time...but I decided to still read this book, & surprisingly the story was SO DIFFERENT than the cover! I love the story plot, simple but made everyone who read it so SHOCKED in the end story...Mr.Stine make all alibi seems so confused in the middle but it finally perfectly answered. 2 Thumbs Up!! :)
Mario Rocchetta
Mar 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Long story short - this book from Stine is subpar compared to his other Fear Street stories. I don't even think Fear Street is mentioned once. It's like Stine didn't give a shit and cranked this one out just because his publisher asked him to. Nonetheless, it had its share of silly teenage douchebagery which made it enjoyable enough.
Oct 21, 2009 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: U13
Shelves: u13
Do I even have to really review this?
It is a typical R.L Stine novel...murder, fear and a chilling mystery make up this novel. However, the fear is mostly overdone, the murders strange, and the entire story line skewed. However, if you are a R.L Stine fan, then you will most likely enjoy this novel .
ClaraMae Armajo
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The book was like a game like a puzzle, like you have to put all the pieces together and figure out what happens. There is 6 friends and 3 survives, and all of this becomes to a dead end. I wish it could go a little longer and not just rushing it but I loved it. So overall this is a good book to read.
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
I've been a fan of Stine since I was 13 and even though I don't like horror movies- I loved reading his books. But... Is it just me or are Stine's new books getting more and more predictable and mildy? (or am I outgrowing them?)
Stacy Mar
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is another book I began for YA Book week, just completed it today.

I have about 70 of Stine's books. They are all fond memories from my teenage years.

It is a good mystery and will appeal more to the YA group than adults. But if you enjoy a good, creepy, clean away!
Mar 10, 2010 rated it liked it
I loved it, it had an ending I never would have guessed, it was wild story and it was really good!
Oct 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: book-group
It was an easy, scary read. Perfect for October!
Ananta Wahyu
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
great story with good ending
Dec 19, 2012 rated it did not like it
Rip off of Lois Duncan.
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
Not really a scary story; it's more of a bad-people-getting-their-comeuppance tale.
Mar 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
LoVed Dhiss Book ohdee this book made me feel like i whass actually in the book ((Dhiss bOok Freaken roxs)
Softic Adna
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was a good book. Not my favorite by R.L.Stine, but I enjoyed reading it. :-)
anique Halliday
Mar 21, 2007 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
i used to be obsessed with RL Stine. Had to own like everyone of these suckers (Fear Street series).
  • The Wicked Heart
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)
  • Guilty (Nightmare Hall, #6)
  • Party Line
  • The Yearbook

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Fear Street (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • The New Girl (Fear Street, #1)
  • The Surprise Party (Fear Street, #2)
  • The Overnight (Fear Street, #3)
  • Missing (Fear Street, #4)
  • The Wrong Number (Fear Street, #5)
  • The Sleepwalker (Fear Street, #6)
  • Haunted (Fear Street, #7)
  • Halloween Party (Fear Street, #8)
  • The Stepsister (Fear Street, #9)
  • Ski Weekend (Fear Street, #10)

Young Adult Deals

• The Silent Shield (Kingfountain #5)
  • Orphan Train Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Alone
    $17.99 $2.99
  • Gateway to Fourline (The Fourline Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Scourge of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #3)
  • Period 8
    $6.74 $0.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Forsaken Throne (Kingfountain #6)
  • How Dare the Sun Rise: Memoirs of a War Child
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Caraval (Caraval, #1)
  • Rebel Genius
    $6.38 $2.99
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Insignia (Insignia, #1)
  • Blood Rose Rebellion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Unrivaled (Beautiful Idols #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1)
    $4.09 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Cabin
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from the Well (The Girl from the Well, #1)
  • The Most Dangerous Place on Earth
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Waking Land (The Waking Land, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Reluctant Queen (The Queens of Renthia #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Study in Charlotte (Charlotte Holmes, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • When You Reach Me
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00