Start by marking “Desert Rose: A Tale of Nalu” as Want to Read:
Desert Rose: A Tale of Nalu

Desert Rose: A Tale of Nalu

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Can a desert princess find love with a foreign king?

Johari lives in the shadow of her beautiful sister until a foreign king notices her, but in her haste to prove herself worthy of affection she finds herself compromised and on a difficult journey to make things right.
Kindle Edition
Published March 17th 2013 by AltWit Press (first published March 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Desert Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desert Rose

Emerald Barnes
Jun 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
This book had me almost in tears! It's a heart-wrenching introduction into the world of Nalu by J.L. Mbewe.

The main character is pregnant, hoping to have a lovely union with the man she loves, but she ends up tossed aside. Without giving away the entire story, I have to say, this story held my attention until the end. I'm already captivated by this new world.
Intisar Khanani
I started out with high hopes for this story, but was disappointed. Looking back, it felt like the story began at the wrong moment. Here we have a heroine who seems hell-bent on deceiving herself about the the true feelings of her beloved, and shows absolutely no interest in self-preservation. In order for this story to work, in order for me to be emotionally invested in the heroine, I have to believe with her that maybe he really does love her. And for that, the story should have started with a ...more
Cianna Sunshine & Mountains Book Reviews
***Review has been done in conjunction with Nerd Girl Official. For more information regarding our reviews please visit our Fansite: www.facebook.com/NerdGirl.ng ***

Grade: A (Five Stars)

Beginning this story, after Dragon Thief, let me down a bit.. possibly because it didn't involve dragons, but the character we meet in the beginning is so selfish and conceited that I had trouble connecting with her the way I did with the characters in the other book. But the science fiction elements in this book
Elisabeth Wheatley
Why don’t the other high fantasy authors just come out and admit they’re in cahoots to break my heart into a billion tiny pieces? This is a short story that I think comes to less than twenty pages in print, but it still managed to leave me very saddened. Despite the length, we still get a good glimpse into the world of Nälu and Johari’s inner turmoil. I think Ms. Mbewe has certainly proven that she can write quite exceptionally and leave you wanting more of her world.

This was a beautiful piece a
Elisa
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very well written story with a heartbreaking heroine. Don't expect the usual HEA but do expect to be intrigued and left with the feeling that you need to know more. It has all the makings of being the beginning of a great series. Wonderful world building and interesting characters.
Helen May
Sep 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was just getting into the story, it had me staying up to read it, and it was over! I wanted to keep reading! Needs to be expanded. Parts are continued in Dragon Thief, but again it needs more chapters! I want to know more.
Georgina
Veeda Saroea
Jun 27, 2016
Nov 05, 2013
Desert Rose 2 2 Oct 11, 2015 03:51PM
Writing as J. L. Mbewe, Jennette is an author, artist, mother, wife, but not always in that order. Born and raised in Minnesota, she now braves the heat of Texas, but pines for the Northern Lights and the lakes of home every autumn. She loves trying to capture the abstract and make it concrete. She is currently living her second childhood with her wonderful husband and two precious children who do ...more
More about J.L. Mbewe