Start by marking “Golem in My Glovebox (Monster Haven, #4)” as Want to Read:
Golem in My Glovebox (Monster Haven, #4)

Golem in My Glovebox

(Monster Haven #4)

A Monster Haven Story, book four

In her role as Aegis, Zoey Donovan has rescued and cared for hundreds of monsters and mythical creatures. Now humans are the ones in need of her help. Someone with a personal vendetta against the Board of Hidden Affairs has kidnapped all the other Aegises in the country--including Zoey's mother.

With the Hidden governm
Published April 21st 2014 by Carina Press

Start your review of Golem in My Glovebox (Monster Haven, #4)
Elspeth
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
The start and finish of this was great, but the middle had too much running around. All the other books in this series were so great it was almost impossible for me to put them down, but this one I found my attention wandering.

Mandy
Golem in my Glovebox is the fourth book in the Zoey Donovan series. Her mother is still missing only now she’s been taken by a killer who has already killed the board and has taken all the Aegises that she had just rescued from the collector. Zoey will have to head across the country in a roadtrip that could end in blood. At least she won’t have to drive across the country alone she’s joined by her sexy reaper boyfriend Riley. As well as a tiny golem that Bernice created but unlike her other gol ...more

I've been a huge fan of this series since I first discovered it, it's perfect light hearted and funny urban fantasy and I know I can pick up any book in the series when I'm in the mood for something that's going to make me giggle. I absolutely love the number of different Hidden creatures that R.L. Naquin has included in the series, she always manages to introduce us to something new with each book and this instalment brings golem, Griswald, who is accompanying Zoey and Riley on a
Celine
Jun 14, 2018 rated it liked it
A serial killer is on the loose, and Zoey and her friends have to capture him.

The body count in this book is high, and the murders gruesome and graphic. Although the tone is still witty at times, these books have taken a turn towards the grim. Instead of fun urban fantasy, this was more of a Jessica Jones gritty thriller, which wasn't really what I signed up for.
chucklesthescot
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, uf-pnr
I can't even begin to describe how much I love this series! The thing that attracted me first were the gorgeous covers and the idea of a Closet Monster than can bake. From reading the first book, I fell in love with Maurice and this series. I actually put off reading these last few books because it meant that the series was finished! Anyway, I've read the last three and now I'm finally getting round to reviewing them.

Zoey and Riley have to miss Molly's party to go in search of an Und
Sara
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic. Novel-wise, it was a bit of a deviation from the previous books, but it is completely on par with the level of writing and reading enjoyment as the books that come before. I laughed, I cried, I squeaked out happy sounds, I shook my fist at the injustices and gasped at the revelations. I wanted to take home all of the characters and give them hugs. R.L. Naquin has the writing talent that puts her on the same level as the best urban fantasy writers out there, in my opinion ...more
Beckyloohoo Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ aka Mrs. Acheron Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
3 1/2 stars This is book 4 in a series. If you haven't read the 3 previous books you will not get as much out of it. I really recommend you read the first 3 before starting this one.

While I did like this book I'm not sure that I'd call it my favorite in the series. It's basically one continuous road trip with Zoey and Riley. BUT, it's an important road trip because it's the first real chance Zoey gets to search for her mother. It has all the makings of a real road trip, fun beginni
Paula
When I first started this series I wondered if I would finish the first book. It was a little bit ditzyat the start. But I really enjoyed it and the rest of the series is just as good. I read this as soon as it came out.
Carrie
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
This is the culmination of the previous larger storyline involving the murder of the Hidden board members. It is also a bit of closure to the “where is my mother?” story, too.

We join Zoey as she continues to struggle with the work/life/Aegis work balance. Her BFF is holding down the fort at Zoey’s “real work,” while Maurice is essentially holding down the fort at Zoey’s Aegis work/home. Combined, though, Zoey still doesn’t seem to have enough “free time” to adequately address the rap
Angela
Aug 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked the story but at the same time it wasn't as good as the previous stories. The main character is getting bogged down by details and things are quite dark in this story compared to the previous books which, while there was some nastiness the tales were mostly lighthearted. I do plan to continue with the series where there is only two books left.
Martin Baker
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great fun. The characters actually seem to change and grow over the course of the series

I am already wanting the next in the series, and I am looking for other titles by the same writer
Charlene  Kaup
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful series!

Fabulous characters that interact with each other beautiful! Wonderful plot twists and turns. I highly recommend this series and author.
LiquidLucidity
It's a great adventure following clumsy Zoey around.
Sabina Bundgaard
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Zoey and Maurice in Monster in my Closet, where she found out that she is an empath and she saved her best friend from being drained by an incubus. Maurice is just Maurice, he’s a wonderful closet monster and I absolutely adore him!
The adventures continued in Pooka in my Pantry, where the Leprechaun mafia moves into town, and the only one who truly can stop them is… You guessed right; Zoey.
In Fairies in my Fireplace all hell breaks loose when secrets are being rev
Judy
I was introduced to the Monster Haven books on another blog a couple of years ago. I loved the look of the covers and the idea behind the books. When I won a copy of the first book, I was thrilled, but put off reading it. I continued to oooh and ahhh over each new book cover and add them to my TBR pile. I even introduced them to my sister and she read hers, while mine sat, still unread. That changed though when I saw that Golem in My Glovebox was on Netgalley. Getting this book was the perfect r ...more
Cst
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book is pretty much at the level its predecessor was. Unfortunately it reaches this level from the other direction. It made me wait until I read the next book because I had to ask myself if I was still interested in the series.

While I found the previous book to be overburdened and ultimately falling flat, here we have a good ending that is reached after slogging through boredom.
The story is your basic serial killer/scavenger hunt affair with a bit of a roadstory in as well
Eva Millien
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 STARS

The fourth book in the Monster Haven series is an intriguing and fascinating fantasy read. The Hidden government is in shambles and with only string of deadly clues to follow, Zoey and Riley set off on a cross-country chase to stop the murders of the captured Aegises. Will Zoey become the final victim of this new evil or will she finally be reunited with her mother?

This fast paced plot keeps the reader on the edge of their seat with suspense and action. The aut
Anne
May 15, 2014 rated it liked it
I was a bit disappointed. I was expecting to find a fun and amusing read. I did get a decent urban fantasy read filled with a ton of different supernatural characters including some that must have been inspired by Pixar movies (closet, attic and under the bed monsters). The only character that got much page time was Zoey, our main character and Griswold, the golem. Riley, the reaper, and Zoey's main squeeze is there, but he basically assists her.

I have not read the other 3 books in t
All Things Urban Fantasy
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

GOLEM IN MY GLOVEBOX is a wonderful addition to the Monster Haven series which has always been delightfully quirky and fun with some truly touching moments that make these characters seem all the more real. The story has a different feel to it as it takes place on a long road trip and because of that road trip to find the missing Aegises the pace of the story is in constant motion as Zoey tries to find her mother. Aside from the rush to find the kidna
Marsha
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've said it before and I will say it again, I love the Monster Haven series. "Golem in My Glovebox" is another great addition. This time, Zoey's house is over flowing with refugees from the monster world seeking asylum. She and Riley decide to get away for the weekend but not before she receives a phone call from, Art, Riley's boss informing her that he has a lead on where her mother may be found.

Instead of a weekend for lovers Zoey and Riley head off to see Art and Bernice. Prior t
Paris
If Fairies in My Fireplace amped up the Monster Have series, then Golem in My Glovebox takes it to a whole new level. This is the first time that Zoey really gets to be out in the field and I think it’s a really great place for her to be. In this new setting, Zoey was stronger, more take charge. She was totally kick butt, even when she was unsure of herself. I loved seeing her and Riley having time together too and I liked that it wasn’t all lovey dovey. No matter how much you love someone, bein ...more
LilyElement
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Zoey Donovan is an Aegis, she takes care of members of the Hidden. They are the beings that normal humans don't know exist. Trolls, closet monsters, and mermaids are just a few of the many different types. This time around Zoey and her reaper boyfriend Riley are on the road trying their best to keep things under wraps from the humans. Oh and they're also on the trail of a killer. With a pocket sized golem in her glovebox, a sexy reaper boyfriend, and the help from a few members of the OGRE squad ...more
Maghon Thomas
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Yay for road trips LOL This is the 4th book of the series, and it's fun as ever!! These characters are all so lovable and I just love this series!! It's fun, it's touching, and it's a great addition to the fantasy world! Zoey and Riley are trying to find the missing Aegis, and we get to see them in action, just on the road. Zoey wants her mom back ASAP, and she's not gunna stop until she finds her.

We don't see as much of some of the other characters that are constantly around, but no worries, t
Teresa
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Road Trip. Ok so this road trip is not all fun and games actually it is no fun but lots of games. Head games. Someone is killing all of the Aegis. Its up to Zoey Donovan to stop the killer and save her mother. oh yea and not end up dead herself.

The road trip comes in ans her and Riley are headed to the Hidden's Headquarters. once they arrive there they are sent to investigate a murder of an Aegis, from there they end up pretty much touring the country investigating other Aegis murders all while
Kate Bennitt
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Guilty pleasure

I've really enjoyed this whole series to the point I'd give 4.5 stars. I'd hold back from the five star rating because it's not for everybody. I enjoyed the banter and the zany characters but it's like Gilmore Girls or Psych in the regards it's not for everybody. I however was hooked after reading the first one, Monster in my Closet. My only real complaint was that I felt there was too much recap in the subsequent books. If you're like me and read all of them back to back then it
Larissa
Mar 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-review, netgalley, arc
This one and more reviews at Larissa and Friends' Bookish Life

4.5 Stars

I always enjoy diving back into Zoey's Monster filled world and Golem in My Glovebox was a delightful addition to a great series.

In Golem in My Glovebox, we get Zoey and her Reaper boyfriend traveling all around the country trying to thwart a serial killer and maybe finally saving Zoey's mother.

I really don't wanna give anything away, but let's just say that R.L. Naquin has brought up
Jeanie
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
R.L. Naquin keeps churning out these wonderful stories of supernatural creatures finding solace with an Aegis (a 'hiddens' protector.)

When I start any of these books I just set back, open my mind and let the words of the story take me away to a world teeming with supernatural creatures and new adventures. I feel as if Zoey, Riley and Maurice are old friends of mine and they have stopped by for a visit to tell me about their latest adventure.

During these times they make me laugh, cry
Melindeeloo
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Someone has Zoey on a gruesome scavenger hunt, leaving dead Aegis agents in her path with Zoeys mom as the final piece in the game...

I enjoyed Golem in My Glovebox, it is always fun to catch up with Zoey - she is quirky and very appealing - and I really like her crew: Riley, Sara and Maurice. Plus I liked the new additions to the cast as well - especially golem in the glovebox:)

While I think of these as cute and light, between books I forget there is also a touch of darkn
Relina Skye
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Golem in my Glovebox" is the fourth book in R. L . Naquin's Monster Haven Series. Zoey and Riley are on the lookout for the kidnapped Aegises. But in order to find them, Zoey must figure out who has them, why they took them, along with why do they want to break the Covenant. With the Government of Hidden Affairs private plain missing, Zoey and Riley will have to drive across country to study clues, pay the O.R.G.E.S. to police the Hidden, while learning how to deal with a self aware golem. Over ...more
Valerie
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. Zoey loves what she does and that's saving the Hidden. These are the books where you feel the compassion and love flowing. But this book was especially chilling. You have a 106 year old person stuck in the body of a 6 year old and she is very angry and out for revenge. She gets it in the most bizarre and deadly ways she can. To think that someone can control your mind and make you kill yourself is terrifying. You feel so much for Zoey as they are driving back and forth across ...more

• The Nerdy Necromancer (The Deadicated Matchmaker #1)
  • Dreams of Darkness (The Forsaken Chronicles, #1)
  • Witch Way? Won't Play (Book Three): Paranormal Comedy Romance
  • The Chosen (Elder Races, #9.7)
  • Forever Blue (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #2)
  • Sparkle Witch (The Lazy Girl's Guide to Magic, #3.5)
  • Mated to the Capo (Mafia Shifters #1)
  • Mated to the Enforcer (Encantado Shifters #2)
  • La pelle del mostro
  • Body Heat  (Dept 6 Hired Guns, #2)
  • Wolf Hunted (The Last Shifter, #1)
  • Dragonblade (Dragonblade Trilogy, #1)
  • Zombie's Bite (Dorina Basarab, #0.1)
  • Wolf Called (The Last Shifter, #2)
  • Wolf Freed (The Last Shifter, #4)
  • Wolf Claimed (The Last Shifter, #3)
  • l'amante immortale (The New Little Black Chronicles)
  • How to Seduce a Vampire (Without Really Trying) (Love at Stake, #15)
Rachel is the author of the urban fantasy Monster Haven series from Carina Press. She believes in magic, the power of love, good cheese, lucky socks, and putting things off until stress gets them done faster at the last minute. Her home is Disneyland, despite her current location in Kansas.
Be among the special peeps who get all t

Monster Haven (6 books)
  • Monster in My Closet (Monster Haven, #1)
  • Pooka in My Pantry (Monster Haven, #2)
  • Fairies in My Fireplace (Monster Haven, #3)
  • Demons in My Driveway (Monster Haven, #5)
  • Phoenix in My Fortune (Monster Haven, #6)
“Of all the emotions people gave me, sadness was probably the hardest one to take. Fear was temporary, but sadness could last a lifetime.” 4 likes
“I was a strong believer in the Pretty Woman philosophy on fairy tales: When the handsome prince rescues the princess, she rescues him right back.” 4 likes