Start by marking “The Dead Lifeguard (Fear Street Super Chiller, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Dead Lifeguard (Fear Street Super Chiller, #6)

The Dead Lifeguard (Fear Street Super Chiller #6)

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  1,461 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
In too deep…

The lifeguards at North Beach Country Club know they’re lucky. While other kids are flipping burgers, they’re sunning themselves by day and partying by night. So what if some people say the place is cursed, haunted. This is the life!

And then, one by one, the lifeguards start to die horrible deaths. Someone—or something—evil is stalking them. They all know how t
Published June 1st 1994 by Pocket Books (first published 1993)

The Betrayal by R.L. StineHalloween Party by R.L. StineThe First Evil by R.L. StineThe Wrong Number by R.L. StineThe Second Evil by R.L. Stine
Best Fear Street Book
63 books — 104 voters
Matilda by Roald DahlJames and the Giant Peach by Roald DahlThe Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson BurnettCharlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteBridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
90s Kids
159 books — 65 voters

More lists with this book...

Latasha
This book is so crazy. It kept me guessing until the very end. The characters were meh, Danny being the worse in my opinion. I first read this in 90's.
Monaliza Marcelo
Oct 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
i've read this book over and over cause i just cant get enough, this has been my favorite among the books of Stine that i've read.

mind-twisting, as you go along suspecting each lifeguards. you never guess who the real killer was, and that poor Lindsay who's always blamed because she was there in every accident, i recommend this to all avid Fear readers. this is absolutely a page-turner!
kylajaclyn
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Moral of the Story: RL Stine should stick to writing in third person.

Body Count: 2

The Usual Suspect(s): A weird narrator named "Mouse"

Tagline: No one can save her now.

Plot: Terribly written but only because RL doesn't know how to work first person. So here we are at North Beach Country Club with Danny, Pug, Cassie, Deirdre, May-Ann, Arnie, and Spencer. A girl named Lindsay shows up at the gate but no one sees her to let her in because it's pouring. They do hear her screaming, however, about a de
Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

Lindsay is back at North Beach Country Club for another year of lifeguarding. But someone is killing off the lifeguards—is it one of them? And weird things are happening to Lindsey on top of this. Is the place haunted? Are there ghosts here? Is she the ghost?! OMG!

So there were two sort of mysteries going on at the same time, that may or may not actually be connected. This first is obviously the murder mystery, and the second is the weird things that are happening
Maryella Pinkston
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
i cannt believe that the dead girl best friend toke her indenty and acted like if she was her and wored her clothes and acted like her parnet was hers and not only that but went as she was the dead girl and became a life guard and i seriously cannt believe
and moose toke his name and turned it around to make like if he was someone else and make the police go crazy cause they thought it was the dead girl best friend who was killing every one and then mosse tryed to throw the dead girls best frien
Edan Coben
Dec 31, 2011 rated it liked it
When I was younger I used to read goosebumps all the time. So when I found this book I was really excited. This was an easy read, the kind of book you would read when you have a little downtime. This was very entertaining, the details and graphic descriptions that the author portrayed made the book all the more fun. The ending was a good surprise. I would recommend this book to people of all ages. Give it a try.
Jaime
Apr 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
Megan
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A group of lifeguards (Lindsay, May-Ann, Deirdre, Cassie, Danny, Spencer, Pug, and Arnie) at North Beach Country Club (about 40 minutes south of Shadyside) get to work by day and party by night. One of the “narrators” in the story is called “Mouse” who is the killer. Mouse starts to kill the other lifeguards. So, which one is Mouse? Is it Lindsay who starts to go through a mental break…?(view spoiler) ...more
Cassi
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Like a Greek hero I was destroyed by my own hubris when it came to this book. The whole time I thought I figured out the big reveal and I was a little bored because I couldn't see why it was taking too long to reveal the killer. Not to mention that pesky B-plot that seemed so unconnected to the A-plot. But boy was I wrong. This actually had a really great mystery and it connected in a complex and interesting way. Well done, R.L. Stine. I bow to you, the king of left field twists.
Amber
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the super chillers ......... lol the fear street series all the books are just great for teens I adored them ... I used to devour these books in my teens I highly recommend this series to anyone who wants to get all teenagers reading rather than playing video games
Mia
Jun 08, 2017 rated it liked it
This book needed a lot more ghosts and way less bullying.
K.l.
Mar 09, 2017 added it
Crap:-(
Hannah Hungate
Jun 25, 2017 rated it liked it
The periodic letters to a lost friend punctuate the story and make you feel slight sympathy for the killer. If this story had been longer and more in-depth, it would have been a really great piece.
Kristine (The Writer's Inkwell)
Posted originally on my blog:
The Writer's Inkwell
This is probably one of the hardest reviews I'll have to write for this series. On one hand, the book contained a lot of really smart and creative ways to keep you guessing about who is really responsible for the murders. Time and time again, you get insight from the killer as them self and as who they are pretending to be. And yet, until it gets revealed, you have no clue. In fact, they are one of the characters I never suspected in this book. T
Catrina Sada
For an R. L. Stine book, I was disappointed. It wasn't even scary, but it was a decent mystery. In the first hundred pages, I didn't even know if it was a thriller or not. The main character didn't even have her memory, so everything was completely unclear. The only decent parts were the murders, and those weren't even very graphic. I didn't like any of the characters, and the viewpoints were irritating, as switching from one character to another didn't really give you any different perspectives ...more
Paul Kim
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r-l-stine
Far from predictable book with slasher premise and that makes the book fun.

I enjoyed the mystery aspect regarding the main character's identity as it makes you wonder what's going on.

The main character's really sympathetic as she keeps facing conflicts regarding her identity.

What I don't like about the book is probably the switching of P.O.V in chapters. I prefer it to focus on one main character as it can be hard to swallow all character's P.O.V

It's a great installment in fear street for its in
Weathervane
May 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fear-street
Stunning what the barest characterization lends a story. Certainly the people herein are cardboard, but each is painted a different bold shade, which makes them acceptable for the kind of cheap entertainment Stine constructs. Yet again he kept me guessing until the end, pulling out of his bottomless hat two deformed rabbits instead of one. I do always find it amusing how quickly the teens get over the deaths of their friends, especially when the corpse in question was a social king in his time s ...more
Drucilla
Feb 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fear-street
Actual rating: 1.5 stars. It's an interesting set up and the characters are nicely varied, even though we don't actually see much lifeguarding. The reason I gave it the rating I did was that there were so many plots in the story, I didn't know what was supposed to be going on. Seriously, it could be ghosts, amnesiac killers, non-amnesiac killers...just pick one and be done with it! This book also jumps p.o.v. so much it's confusing.
Selvianty
Aug 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Sebenarnya plot yang ini agak lemah. Idenya oke, dan tetap disampaikan secara menarik. Tapi saya..... Nggak senang. Hahahaha... *alasanmacamapa*. Mungkin terlalu banyak karakter dalam satu buku yang tipis. Biasanya di Fear Street paling banyak ada 7 karakter. Tapi disini ada 10, dan kisahnya diceritakan oleh 4 orang berbeda. Si pelaku, si tokoh utama cewek, tokoh pendamping cewek, tokoh pendamping cowok. Not as fun as usual...
Kelly
Feb 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
I just loved these books when I was a teen! I've reread several of them in my adult years, just for fun, and find that I still enjoy them. I recently grabbed a pile of them from my local used book store and took a few to the beach with me. I liked the setting in this one: a country club where the teenage lifeguards room in the guest house for the summer. The story was creepy, and it kept me guessing!
Fabián A.
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: physically-have
Someone told me I was too old to go around reading R. L. Stine books. But I found this one at the flea market, it cost me one buck! It was a nice read, it remind me how much I loved Goosebumps as a kid. The only thing I didn't like where the constant cliffhangers at the end of every chapter that 95% of times always ended up on shenanigans.

My favorite chapters were Mouse's. I just loved the way he talk to dead Terry, quiet chilling!
L4217
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
This book was so intriguing! There was so many twists and turns that it really kept my attention. I could not put it down! I loved how each chapter was told in a different character's perspective. The killer is slightly predictable, but the story behind it was really good. Overall this book was an excellent read, and I highly recommended it for someone who wants a really good read.
Jenny
Sep 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Ok, I read these all when I was younger and they got me into reading, and now I can not live without books. Here's the thing, I threw away most of these RL Stine books and now regret it because they were so fun to read. Do not throw away your old, "stupid" children books that you are now to old to read. You'll miss them one day.
Mckenna S
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
You think you have it all figured out...until you don't. I haven't read anything by R.L Stine for years but I got a great deal on this one from a used book store and it was very much worth it! Short, easy read but keeps you eager to read the rest, especially in the last fifty or so pages.
Alex
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I always loved this one as a kid, and I still loved it now. It has that classic Fear Street surprise ending, and I'm glad I didn't remember too much of it so I could just sit back and enjoy the reveal.
Shay
Jul 12, 2013 rated it liked it
I used to loove Stine when I was a kid, I came across this book in a box of books someone was giving away in my apartment lobby so I grabbed it and read it. Really brought me back.. Very light and easy read, and also still gave me chills!
Joem
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I am reviewing my Booklist here at Goodreads and visit RL Stine's booklist to add books I read as a kid, and still I remember this book. Such a classic. Favorite book of RL Stine.
MissLoveReadingBooks
This book was sooo predictable. I figured out who the killer was by chapter 10. I read this book because I saw such positive reviews on Amazon.com
It's wasn't that scary but it was sort of good.
..Fifi...
Jun 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I LOVED THIS BOOK...one of my favorite Fear Street books...
Goodreads Librari...: Two different books incorrectly combined 6 27 Sep 22, 2013 12:45AM
  • The Yearbook
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)
  • The Wicked Heart
  • No Escape! (Sweet Valley Twins #118)
  • Karen's Book (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #100)
  • The Invitation
  • The Diary

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Fear Street Super Chiller (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Party Summer  (Fear Street Super Chiller, #1)
  • Silent Night (Fear Street Super Chiller, #2)
  • Goodnight Kiss (Fear Street Superchiller, # 3)
  • Broken Hearts (Fear Street Super Chiller, #4)
  • Silent Night 2 (Fear Street Superchiller, # 5)
  • The New Evil (Fear Street Superchiller, #7 ; Fear Street Cheerleaders, #4)
  • Bad Moonlight (Fear Street Super Chiller, #8)
  • The New Year's Party (Fear Street Super Chiller, #9)
  • Goodnight Kiss 2 (Fear Street Superchiller, # 10)
  • Silent Night 3 (Fear Street Superchiller, #11)