Start by marking “Honor Blade (Star Trek: Rihannsu, #4)” as Want to Read:
Honor Blade (Star Trek: Rihannsu, #4)

Honor Blade

(Star Trek: The Original Series #96)

At last, the United Federation of Planets and the Romulan Star Empire have agreed to meet on neutral ground to attempt to resolve the tangle of intrigue and conspiracy that began with the hijacking of the "U.S.S. Intrepid" many years ago -- but the meeting may be as dangerous as the war they hope to avoid. As a show of good faith, the crew of the legendary "Starship Enterp ...more
Published October 1st 2000 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Honor Blade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honor Blade

Craig
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, star-trek
Though the midpoint of this final trilogy of books the moments are tense as the events are building. It would have been nice if all three books were in one volume (which they may have done but I don't know) as this almost feels like a Tom Clancy novel set in the Star Trek universe. I have enjoyed this as well even though it is just another stepping stone so hopefully I can find the last in the series soon...
Steve
Oct 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am strangely conflicted by this book. Firstly, my suspicions about the previous book were confirmed when this book started with 'Chapter Six'. It however, did not just jump into the action, and spent another 2 overly long chapters continuing to set the stage. After that, it was all go, but still left me feeling empty, since it's clear the author is setting up for a conclusion book. Having said all that, I could not put it down, but given my problems with it, can not give 5 stars.
Benjamin Plume
Jul 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, star-trek
I'm not so sure why they split this story into two books. It was part of a series that gave a fantastic look at the history of Romulans and Vulcans. Point I disliked: after reading 1,000 plus pages of the "omnibus" version (which sometimes was a slog, despite the interesting points) it was left wide open until "The Empty Chair" resolved the whole thing.
Dan
Jan 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-trek, tos, e-books
Great plot and characterizations, the Rihannsu saga has done much to hold my interest. I am a huge admirer of Diane Duane's writing talents, and look forward to reading more by her. Already in the queue to be read at some future point are her novels Doctor's Orders and The Wounded Sky.

Full review: http://treklit.blogspot.com/2011/12/h...
Tom
Feb 08, 2016 rated it liked it
This was basically the set-up to the next book in the series. Not much happens until the last 40 pages and then ends with the infamous "to be continued." Still, it was well-written and kept my interest.
Kreg
Aug 30, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek-tos
For the fourth in the series it was much like the third! Continuation of the buildup to a climax that has yet to be finished. There are a few minor battles, but otherwise (as with book 3) it's an unfinished story.
Wetdryvac Wetdryvac
Nov 08, 2007 rated it really liked it
Definitely needed to set up The Empty Chair - the final book in the series - but of the set, my least favorite.
Helen
Mar 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Star Trek, abrupt ending otherwise decent plot
Tina
Sep 22, 2010 rated it it was ok
Can't believe I fell for it again! Nothing happens, and then "to be continued..." Ugh!
Wordwizard
See review for Sword Hunt--read the combined version.
Joshua
May 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Science Fiction Fans and anyone who has Book1,2&3 of this Series
Great Read!
Elizabeth Doherty
Dec 13, 2018
torque
Nov 08, 2015 rated it liked it
It's ok. I might read more Star Trek in the future.
Rod Simmons
rated it it was ok
Feb 25, 2009
Mikemalk
Oct 28, 2012
  • Constitution (Star Trek: My Brother's Keeper, #2)
  • The Flaming Arrow (Star Trek: New Earth, #4)
  • Seeds of Rage (Star Trek: Errand of Fury #1)
  • Heart of the Sun
  • Twilight's End
  • Mind Meld
  • Belle Terre (Star Trek: New Earth, #2)
  • Thin Air (Star Trek: New Earth, #5)
  • Assignment: Eternity
  • In the Name of Honor
  • The Great Starship Race
  • Crossroad
  • Rules of Engagement
  • Rough Trails (Star Trek: New Earth, #3)
  • Chain of Attack
  • Exiles (Star Trek: Vulcan's Soul, #2)
  • Ex Machina (Star Trek)
  • The Pandora Principle
Diane Duane has been a writer of science fiction, fantasy, TV and film for more than thirty years.
Besides the 1980's creation of the Young Wizards fantasy series for which she's best known, the "Middle Kingdoms" epic fantasy series, and numerous stand-alone fantasy or science fiction novels, her career has included extensive work in the Star Trek TM universe, and many scripts for live-action and a

Star Trek: The Original Series (1 - 10 of 113 books)
  • Star Trek I: The Motion Picture (Star Trek: The Original Series #1; Movie Novelization #1)
  • The Entropy Effect (Star Trek TOS #2)
  • The Klingon Gambit (Star Trek: The Original Series #3)
  • The Covenant of the Crown (Star Trek: The Original Series #4)
  • The Prometheus Design
  • The Abode of Life
  • Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan (Star Trek TOS: Movie Novelizations, #2)
  • Black Fire
  • Triangle (Star Trek: The Original Series #9)
  • Web of the Romulans (Star Trek: The Original Series #10)