Start by marking “Light the Stars: A Romance Novel” as Want to Read:
Light the Stars: A Romance Novel

Light the Stars: A Romance Novel (Cowboys of Cold Creek #1)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  966 Ratings  ·  75 Reviews
Wade Dalton was having a very bad day.

His five-year-old had accidentally set the kitchen on fire. His daughter was surly, as usual. The baby hadn't been fed yet. And his mother--aka "The Childminder"--had eloped...with a scam artist. Could it get any worse?

Turned out it could. Because the annoyingly beautiful daughter of said scam artist was now at the door, batting her do
Published March 15th 2013 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published April 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Light the Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Light the Stars

Janet Robel
This has enjoyable characters and the happy ending you are guaranteed when you read a Harlequin romance. Wade Dalton's children play a major part in here and give it a nice touch. A lovely romance for anyone who loves contemporaries.
Brenda (b)
Oh what a wonderful story. It was sweet and heartwarming. I loved the kids and both Caroline and Wade too. The end left me with such a happy feeling, I had a smile on my face.
Morgan
Apr 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Desirée
Apr 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporanea
Leído el 23/10/2010

Argumento:
Cuando pensaba que nada podría irle peor… apareció ella.
Su hijo de cinco años había prendido fuego a la cocina accidentalmente. Su hija estaba de mal humor, como siempre. Nadie había dado de comer al bebé. Y la abuela de las criaturas, que era la «niñera», se había fugado con un artista. ¿Qué más podía pasarle?
Pues que apareciera la bellísima hija del artista ofreciéndose a cuidar a los niños hasta que volvieran los recién casados. ¿Podía confiar en ella y dejarla vi
Cheri
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve read, and for the most part loved, RaeAnne Thayne’s other series Hope’s Crossing and Haven Point. I decided it was time to go back and read some of her older stuff. I’m happy I did. Even as this story played out pretty much as expected, it was still a joy to read.

Wade is a man’s man and seems to have an old-fashioned view on gender roles, although he never outright says as much. It doesn’t seem as though he thinks the traditional female roles (cooking, child rearing, etc.) are beneath him;
Marcia  Haskell
Falling in love with a family, not just the man.

A little too predictable, for my taste, but a pleasant romance. Her father was a grifter and she travels to the ranch to prevent him from hurting one of her clients and the client's family. As she starts to care for her client's son and his 3 children, she finds herself caring for the entire family more than she expected.

I enjoyed the earlier books in this series more than this this book, but it is a fast read and the description of the children an
Teon
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another enjoyable romance.

Caroline show up at Wade's door minutes after he find a note from his mother saying she had run off to marry her Internet boyfriend. Caroline is there bc her dad is the boyfriend. Nice story about a widowed rancher finding love w/ a good woman.
Dana Wright
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Caroline and Wades story starts out of their parents running off to get married. Caroline helps care for his children and falls in love with him and his children. Is a wonderful love story on a ranch. Definitely will fall in love with them as you read the story.
Joanna
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE< LOVE< LOVE how this woman writes. Wonderful story, great characters and can't stop tension.
Charlsie
This was a nice book. It was an easy and fast read. I do think that the story plot was a little far fetched.
Lisa
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED LOVED LOVED it!! Big fan of RaeAnne's writing and am very much looking forward to continuing with the books in this series.
Sherry M. White
Good ŕeadl.

Well wtoyyem pook family ontera ctipn bverymeNingfu
Eedrd a lottlle lre light esto xsome pf yje tjr scemrd on ov
Vong yje hi
Drem

Gloria Kinard
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book was sweet, loving , and written well.

A good reads ,that is easy on the mind. It gives you a positive out look on love and life.
Val
May 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as I thought it would be. I found it boring.
Sandy
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love all of her books.
3 Stars

I enjoyed this story and I liked the characters quite a bit. What made me give this a 3 start instead of a 4 star rating was the very abrupt ending.

Without spoiling too much of the plot, Wade and Caroline had a big blow out argument at the end, and he kicks her out of the house. It was at 95% complete and I was thinking there must be an issue with the ebook and I am missing part of it; but no... the author wrapped it all up nice and tidy in about 5 pages. That was a disappointment becaus
Ashley F

On "Light the Stars":
The basic premise follows Wade's mother running off with Caroline's father suddenly which leaves Wade in a lurch with his three kids. Caroline comes to town to find her father, afraid he's running a scam on one of her life-coach clients and sort of becomes the nanny to Wade's children until the parents come home.

This is a wonderful start to a series which I look forward to exploring in the future. Wade is a rancher (not really my thing) but apparently he's sexy and intellige
Lara Van Hulzen
May 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wade Dalton is a single father raising three young children. Widowed when the youngest child was just an infant, he relies on his mother, Marjorie, to watch the kids so he has time to run the family cattle ranch. When his mother runs off to elope, leaving him only a note saying she’ll be gone on her honeymoon for a week, Wade is left wondering how he’s going to handle a cattle ranch, a TV crew coming soon to do a segment on cattle ranching and three small children to care for.

Caroline Montgomer
Rhonda
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I like how you can find older stories in a series now in ebook. I just wish there was a way to tell if book is an older one. I knew this was off by the first book in a long series. Goodreads also had date first published. I know most is not the author's fault.

I like reading RaeAnne Thayne's books I have only been reading her works the past couple of years. Light the Star is her first book in Cowboys of Cold Creek series. It has charming little kids, lots of family life. I like the charact
Pam
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Light the Stars (Western Promise) is a novel by RaeAnne Thayer. RaeAnne is an excellent writer and all of her books are fantastic. This one is no exception.
It is a bad day for Wade Dalton. He needs to be out on the ranch getting things squared away for the national news interview to take place later this week. He needs to make sure the hay gets put up before the rain comes in. There are a million and one things he needs to do or oversee on the ranch. Instead, he finds his Mother, who cares for
Gwen S.
Susan
Jan 22, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wade Dalton has a lot of stuff going on in his life. He has a ranch to run, a tv crew on the way, three kids to raise that he knows very little about and a mom that has just eloped with a gentleman friend of hers that no one seem to know very much about. Oh and let's not forget, the daughter of said gentleman friend who has just arrived on his doorstep trying to find the whereabouts her dad.

Enter Caroline Montgomery, a "life" coach who has inadvertently coached Wade's mom into getting more out o
Rachel Brand
I picked this book up in a Harlequin ebook sale for $0.99 and I'm really glad I went for it. This was a really sweet romance, even if it moved a bit too quickly for my liking. I didn't think it was entirely realistic for the hero and heroine to be declaring their love for each other after less than a fortnight, but besides that, I really enjoyed this romance. The premise was a lot of fun (the hero and heroine's parents elope together, and the heroine volunteers to babysit the heroes kids since h ...more
April
Jan 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, e-book
The story is set in Idaho somewhere outside Idaho Falls or Rexburg on a ranch with a dreamy looking man at its head. He's got three kinds of trouble when his mother leaves with no notice to marry a man her son has never heard of. His trouble - three darling kids who get into plenty of trouble.
Along comes Caroline, the daughter of the man his mother left to marry. Caroline helps with the house and the kids and they all fall in love with her. There are secrets that may tear them apart, but come on
Kate Vale
A widower with three children and too much to do equals a man who depends on his mother to care for his children. Too bad his mother runs off and elopes with a man she met online.

The daughter of the scam artist who married the rancher's mother arrives too late to stop her father's nuptials. But those children are too cute to ignore and she stays to help out the rancher, though he'd really prefer she just go away.

When she doesn't, each of them begin to experience what life might be like if she st
Mel
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Cowboys are not my thing, but I am visiting my Mom and she loves Westerns, so I read this because of the blurb and because it was nearby. The story would have worked better for me if Wade Dalton, the hero of the story had been a more likable and sympathetic man. He was an ass and said and did some really mean things to everyone!
Also some of the back story regarding Caroline and her father was in my mind an unnecessary plot device, I think just the elopement between her father and client would o
Donna Porter
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wade Dalton along with his brother Seth run Cold Creek ranch. He has just been left a note from his mother that she has eloped with a man she met on line. He is fit to be tied. She has left him with his three small children at the worst time on the ranch. Natalie is six, Tanner is three and Cody is one. A knock at the door brings him out of his sulking. A young girl identifies herself as Caroline Montgomery, the daughter of the man who eloped with his mother. she offers to help with the children ...more
Pam
Sep 24, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
TITLE/AUTHOR: LIGHT THE STARS by Raeanne Thayne
RATING: 4.5/B+
GENRE/PUB DATE/# OF PGS: Romance, 2006, 249 pgs
TIME/PLACE: Present, Idaho
CHARACTERS: Caroline/Life Coach; Wade Dalton/Rancher
COMMENTS: 1st in the Cowboys of Cold Creek series. Cute,
pleasant read. Wade's mother, Marjorie elopes w/ Quinn.
She had met him via phone & internet, the father of
her life coach, Caroline. Wade, a widower w/ 3 children
is distressed to lose his mother's help, so when Caroline
shows up to see if her father is the
  • Blue Ridge Reunion (Barrett's Mill #1)
  • Finding Hope (Nugget, #2)
  • A Place Called Home
  • A Town Called Valentine (Valentine Valley #1)
  • A Baby of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #1)
  • The Unexpected Bride (Bowen, #1)
  • Royal's Child (The Justice Way, #3)
  • Kids Is a 4-Letter Word
  • The Cowboy's Lady (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #4)
  • Deacon's Touch (Dume Ranch Series, #1)
  • Montana Wife (Bluebonnet Bride, #5)
  • Land of Dreams
  • Betting the Rainbow (Harmony, #7)
  • Wyatt: Return of the Cowboy
  • The Doctor's Family (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #3)
  • Sage Creek (Lonesome Way #1)
  • Secret of Deadman's Coulee (Whitehorse Montana, #1)
  • A Hero to Come Home To (Tallgrass, #1)
I'm not one of those people who knew from birth she was destined to become a writer. I always loved to read and throughout my childhood I could usually be found with a book in my hands. To the disgust of my friends, I even enjoyed creative writing assignments that made them all groan. But I had other dreams besides writing. I wanted to be an actress or a teacher or a lawyer.

Life took a different t
More about RaeAnne Thayne...

Cowboys of Cold Creek (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Dancing In The Moonlight (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #2)
  • Dalton's Undoing (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #3)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Miracle (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #4)
  • A Cold Creek Homecoming (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #5)
  • A Cold Creek Holiday (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #6)
  • A Cold Creek Secret (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #7)
  • A Cold Creek Baby (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #8)
  • Christmas in Cold Creek (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #9)
  • A Cold Creek Reunion (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #10)
  • A Cold Creek Noel (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #11)

“By the time three-thirty rolled around, Caroline had no idea how Marjorie possibly kept up with these two little bundles of energy.” 0 likes
“Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.” 0 likes