Start by marking “The Taste of Night (Dangerous Girls, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Taste of Night (Dangerous Girls, #2)

The Taste of Night (Dangerous Girls #2)

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  1,349 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
Destiny Weller and her twin sister, Livvy, were as close as two sisters could be-until Livvy chose to become a vampire, leaving Destiny behind. Now Destiny will do anything to bring Livvy back to the family. But in Livvy's world of endless darkness, she knows there is only one way she and Destiny can be reunited -- Destiny must become a vampire too. . . .

Which sister will
Published July 26th 2005 by Avon Books (first published August 1st 2004)

Dylan
Jan 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
I read the first book to this duology last month and I really enjoyed it, so I was automatically excited to pick up it's sequel. I was definitely disappointed.

This book was absolutely unnecessary. I'm just not for sure why Stine thought this book was a good idea besides the $$$$ that would come with it.

Dangerous Girls should have been a standalone.

You know what? I'm changing this from two stars to one. This book pissed me off.
Mikko Peralta
Feb 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
Some very major inconsistencies:

1. Livvy and Destiny were not identical twins yet one is continuously mistaken for the other;
2. The death of Ross sparked Livvy's anger towards Destiny, with the former vowing to avenge, even til death, yet Livvy seems enthralled by Patrick's dimples and would also want to kill for Patrick. Makes you wonder if the feelings towards Ross were genuine or not... Or maybe just an inconsistency;
3. Ross and the other vampire girl died with stakes in their hearts with the
April
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
Mkay, so this book was an improvement from predecessor (which was really quite good to begin with). I felt that the themes were a little more mature and the writing was geared a bit more towards Stine's older (read: teenaged) audience.
That being said, there were a few inconsistencies I'd've liked Stine to explain. Those that were prevalent:
1.) the sudden appearance of clothing/lack thereof (from the novel) during the transformation scenes
2.) certain vampires crumbling to ash after being killed,
Amber
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this author what a blast from my past so much spine chilling fun lol .... :)
Andrea Vazquez
Mar 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
this is an amezing book too. is the next part of dangerous girl and in this book livvy is a vampire and she loves ross but he wants to go back to his old life. desteny and her family are strugguling after livvy left and specially miky he acts like he is a vampire and he thinks that he sees them. desteny went to a club with ari her boyfriend but because she can't stop thinking of livvy ari gets mad and starts dancing another chick adn she is a vampire friend of livvy.when desteny left she finds l ...more
Mayra Martinez
Apr 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fourth-quarter
In the sequel to Dangerous Girls, R.L. Stine continues this vampiric adventure with the two blonde twins, Levvy and Destiny. Levvy is still a vampire since the end o the first book but Destiny was able to be cured by her father to become a mortal once again. Now Destiny, her dad, and her brother Mikey must move on with their life knowing that Livvy won't return home after becoming a creature of the niht with her "boyfriend", Ross. Ever since the twins' father lost his wife to a vampire, he has d ...more
Marta
Jun 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: yes
Shelves: 10th-grade
Its been a couple of months, since Livvy and Ross went of together to become vampires. Though it seems like Livvy's life has fell apart now that her sister is gone. Her dad always comes home late because he is trying to find a cure for Livvy and her brother, Mike shut himself down and he stays up in his room pretending he is a vampire. Then Destiny meet Harrison, a boy who is nice a sweet and he really likes Destiny. Then theres is Livvy. She lives in an abandoned house full of vampires. She als ...more
Carson
Jul 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
I never knew there was a sequal untill later on. The majority of the book was pretty awesome. I mean vampires is starting to become a repetitive subject now. Other than that, it is a great sequal to Dangerous Girls. I have to say though, the first book is better. It is quite different from other vampire books. To me, the ending leaves you thinking which is both good and bad. The good thing is that it didn't have a happy ending, and it was a little twist. The bad part was that you do have a few m ...more
Katrina
Feb 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I decide to reread the series a few days ago. This is one of my favorite books that has to deal with vampires. I just loved how the two book series went and how it didn't drag on. I wish it would have been made in a longer series but I deny to complain. It's a good book to read if you are starting off in the vampire genre territory. It's basically about twins and how they become vampires or one does and the other does later on. I won't say much more cause it will definitely spoil things. But it ...more
Jue Li
Nov 26, 2012 is currently reading it
This book was wonderful from start and it never got boring. This book keeps you reading. I have not yet to find a part where i thought it was boring. I recommand this meaning for girls just because the main character is a girl but i think if u like vampires then its great for you. Ive not read much books on vampires but this book got me hooked just by the first page or two. Its pretty easy to read and understand. I rate it 4 star just cause i think im sure theres a book i would love even more th ...more
Alex
Nov 08, 2015 rated it liked it
This one was way better than the first one, despite the major inconsistencies. For instance, Destiny and Livvy were fraternal twins in the first book, yet are mistaken for each other several times here. Also, the last book started at the end of summer and they are graduating in this one, yet it's stated to only be "a few weeks later"... Just to name two examples.

I liked the ending, but I do wish we had gotten a little more closure.
Alysha Speer
When I read the first book, I figured I'd never read the sequel because I didn't think I would ever find it. Needless to say, I found it. . .And loved it!
Livvy is a vampire now, and Destiny misses her twin very much. Mikey (their little brother) is just torn apart, and starts to do strange things.
With unexpected deaths, both girls come to hate each other. Then, near the very end, they are brought together by one shared need: each other.
I loved it as much as the first book, maybe more!!!
James
Sep 03, 2007 rated it did not like it
i picked this book up for free, thinking (mistakenly) that it would at least be an amusing way to relive my younger days of reading goosebumps books by bedside table-light, but instead, this was just terrible.

it was repetitive, cliched, pandering, and very, very clearly an attempt to cash in on the whole twilight craze. there is a way to write for young adults and teens without dumbing your content down. this is not it.
Drucilla
Jan 18, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: s
I said in my review for Dangerous Girls that it didn't need a sequel and I stand by my statement. This book was bad. Characters turn into whiny hypocrites. The book seems to forget that Destiny and Livvy aren't identical twins and has people mistaking them for one another. And if Livvy really wanted to live her own life and get away from her family...WHY DID SHE STAY IN HER HOMETOWN AND WHY DID NO ONE EVER RECOGNIZE HER WHEN SHE WENT OUT!?!?!?!?!?!
Katrina Knittle
Mar 24, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a decent sequel to the first book. By the end of this book I sort of hoped for another. I felt like I had a few questions left unanwsered. The characters in this book were all likable. I loved how the book was centered on twins and vampires. The things that are reveiled are definitely worth the read.
Jayne
Mar 01, 2009 rated it did not like it
I didn't like this book very much. The story and character personalities change immensely since the first book! They were always talking about getting trashed and they were always going to clubs and drinking beers. This book wasn't for me. But it was scarier than the first book, and that's what I was looking for, but I don't really recommend this book to people.
Chloe Wiccith
Jan 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This sequel was even better than the first. DATTON was gripping and thrilling and made you want more. The ending was eerie and exciting and these action packed books are sure to thrill any reader.
Highly recommended.
Katrina Knittle
Dec 11, 2013 rated it liked it
This book was a decent follow up to the first book. I remember when I found out ther was a sequel to Dangerous Girls I was super excited and needed to get my hands on it. Like the first book this one keeps you reading and reading till the end. The twists and turns I was not expecting. A good read.
soccer is life :)
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Taste of night is about a girl her name is Destiny Weller she has a twin sister,but her twin sister Livy chose to become a vampire and she left Destiny behind. Destiny would do anything to bring her twin sister back but there's nothing to do unless Destiny decides to be a vampire too .
Emily
May 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a great conclusion to the story of the sisters. It was well written and geared toward teens in every way. Stine always has a decent plot line that goes by quickly, leaving readers turning pages as fast as they can.
Kat
Jul 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
my first Vampire book! and i loved it!... it's a different take on how it happens...
Trina
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampire-books
The plot was awesome. The reason I dint give this story a five star is because the vampires in this story can turn into bat -.-
Karlee Ahlswede
best book ever!!!!
Eva-chan
Nov 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Ooops. I read this one without knowing there was a first, so I was a liiiittle confused... I still liked it, though.
karlee
best book ever!!!!
Skyee.
Mar 18, 2009 added it
Awesome sequel to Dangerous girls!!!! I LOVED IT
Karen
Dec 17, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: ppl who like vampires
Shelves: intresting-books
intresting enough for vampire lovers!!
Erikat
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
COOL BOOK IF YOU WHAT TO READ ABOUT VAPIERS.
Pinky Cat
Feb 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
dont realy remember it
  • Thicker Than Water
  • Sara's Face
  • Greek Odyssey (Nancy Drew: Files, #74; Passport to Romance, #3)
  • The House Next Door
  • French Kiss (Alexa & Holly, #2)
  • This Book Isn't Fat, It's Fabulous
  • Little Vampire In Love (Hippo Fiction)
  • Underworld: Blood Enemy (Underworld, #2)
  • The Haunting
  • Arthur Goes to Camp (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Blood Spell (Vampire's Love, #2)
  • Sleeping Roses (Dead Roses, #1)
  • The Vampire's Promise (The Vampire's Promise, #1-3)
  • The Silent Room
  • Jake, Reinvented
  • Bloodline (Bloodline, #1)
  • Pick Me Up
  • Cirque Du Freak Boxed Set #2 (Cirque Du Freak, #5-8)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Dangerous Girls (2 books)
  • Dangerous Girls (Dangerous Girls, #1)