Start by marking “Prince of Spies (Dragon Knights, #4)” as Want to Read:
Prince of Spies (Dragon Knights, #4)

Prince of Spies

(Dragon Knights #4)

Prince Nico is a cunning master of stealth, but can he master a maiden's fragile heart?

Fourth book in the Dragon Knights series, but can be read on its own.

Prince Nico is known as the Prince of Spies for a reason. Not only is he the Spymaster of Draconia, but he's a cunning shapeshifter able to take the form of a dragon at will. The gift of his royal heritage comes in ha
Published September 1st 2007 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Prince of Spies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prince of Spies

Inara
May 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: paranormal romance lovers
This is the story of Prince Nico King Rolands brother who we have already met in the previous books and Riki, Lanas lost twin sister. Nico is the head of the Draconian "intelligence service" the James Bond of the dragons so to speak and he leaves Draconia on a mission to find out more about King Lucans plans for war. Because of treachery he is caught by Lucans guards and brought to the Kings rooms where he finds a malnourished girl chained to Lucans bed. Of course chains cant hold back a Black d ...more
Debbie
Jul 15, 2013 rated it liked it

i enjoyed this, although it does move really fast from meeting to sex!
again, only single partner sex (for the most part)

there is an under story, but it doesnt hold up much as i've gone on to read all the others in this series.

not a bad, short story. they could have been made longer, developing the story, as opposed to all the sex!
✼Danielle✼
Nico
Riki

Read: 08/01/15
Rating: 4 stars

I've been enjoying this series over the last few days and I like that the author is developing and expanding the world created. I liked the relationship between Nico and Riki. I would have liked a more of the reunion between Riki and her sister and seen her reunited with her mother and youngest sister. Moving onto the next book soon.
TinaMarie
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wordsworth
Sep 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Continuing the series... I keep expecting this series to follow the path of other romances, where the characters and their trials start to blend together, but no! It stays fresh. D'Arc has a great imagination! I just wish the writing were as good.
dawn russell
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read

Awesome book, would recommend it for all paranormal reader's. with more to come with the next installation. Enjoy and happy reading
Erin
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one wasn't bad... I finished it a few days ago so my memory is already going fuzzy.. but I remember not hating it.

I think the only thing that bothered me is common of all of Bianca D'Arc's books.... the heroes (the women too) are just so perfect. Literally perfect. In this one whatshername even says that Nico is just so perfect. Several times. Nico says the same about her.

The Jinn were obviously supposed to be Romani/Gypsies. But it didn't annoy me, it was well done.

I will continue reading.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Nico is known as the Prince of Spies. As a skilled spy and dragon shapeshiter, he is able to obtain knowledge that others can’t. In an effort of the find the missing Royal his race lost, Nico gives himself up to the enemy until he is beaten and tortured, an inch from revealing his true identity. However, a sweet, shy prisoner is there to care for him after his torture ends. Nico immediately recognizes that hair and those eyes and knows that he has found the missing piec
Netanella
First paragraph: Under cover of darkness, the black dragon slipped across the border into Skithdron, his dark hide blending with the night. Nico truly was the Prince of Spies and he was on a noble quest. The North Witch, Loralie, had intimated that his new queen’s missing sister was in Skithdron, but Nico hoped his agents might provide more specific information.

The fourth in the Dragon Knights series, "Prince of Spies" continues the story of the missing sisters of Kent with the discovery and res
C Joy
This is the first novel I've read from Bianca D'Arc and all I can say is: not bad, not bad at all. I only read this because in response to a reading challenge, and I'm glad it could be read as standalone. It's the fourth book in the Dragon Knights series and I'm wary of reading a book in a series out of order, but found myself enjoying this.

It started out slow but the pace soon picked up after Nico and Riki escaped. I'm always fascinated by dragon-themed stories and this one is no exception. I'v
Patricia’s Book Summaries
The only thing that happened in this story is that a spy, who is also a prince, goes into a land to save a girl, who is actually a princess. He gets caught and tortured. But, the girl who heals him is the list princess. He rescues her. They fall in love. They find out that she is queen of a clan. To cement an alliance between the two peoples, the main guy and girl marry. There will be a battle ahead with an evil wizard about to be set free. Cliffhanger ending.

Apparently dragons are exhibitionis
Sheila Grindatti
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
This story upset me the most of all the stories in this series, because the author took the abused main character and made her the object of a threesome without providing her healing from her abuse. She wrapped her up in the blanket of I'm strong and silently suffer blah, blah, blah. This kind of thing pisses me off because really how much does it take to write in her healing before she makes her the center of a man sandwich.

That said I still don't really care for the sex part of this book but
Theresa Giometti
Dragon intrigue and lots of romance as well.

Prince of spies is the fourth in this series and is brimming with nefarious plans and lots of new characters. I loved the way the story unfolded slowly with lots of plot twists. The romance was spicy and plentiful with so much love and humor it made my heart sing. I cannot say enough about how much this series makes me smile and feel good. It is the best medicine for a bad day. You can't be sad or angry while reading a Bianca D'Arc book!
Becca
Prince Nico is the Prince of Spies or the Spymaster of Draconia, but he’s also a cunning shapeshifter, able to take the form of a dragon at will. Forced to use her draining healing skills to keep King Lucan of Skithdron alive, Riki is a shadow of the woman she should be. Nico knows Ricki is the woman he’s been searching for and wastes no time breaking them both out of the enemy palace. [return]Really hoping for a good sequel to the Ice Dragon that didn't pan out. However, still might have promis ...more
Teresa Dilts
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

Love Ms Bianca's books. I had read maiden flight a while ago. Had me enthralled from the first page. It takes you on the journey with the characters as if you're actually there. Love it!!! The only complaint I have is I'm done reading the book and then I have to come back to the real world
Nessa
May 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Pretty sure this is an entertaining story as I enjoyed King Roland's story. As much as Prince Nico intrigued me, his story with Riki was based on love at first sight. nothing much to read about there because there was no sexual tension and etc

But without a doubt I know that Nico is alike his brother and he will be a great hero and partner to Riki.
Sally
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am just loving this series. Great adventure, erotic but beautifully portrayed sex scenes, villainous villains and honourable heroes and to top it off , dragons! What more could you want?
I've always loved Nico and his finding a mate to match him well, as well as introducing more characters to follow, makes this book another joy.
Lizzie
This book is worth the wait I have had. Most of Miss B's books come out in ereader form first. I end up having to wait for it to get to #acpl. This time it seems someone other than I have been anxious too. Niccy popped in when his brother found his mate. And I have wanted him since. Miss D'arc does not disappoint. I was instantly caught up, and loved every minute this ride/book gave me.
Enjee
Feb 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, ebook, dragons
Adults only.
Sappy, repetitive dialog "He was so handsome and kind. How I loved him."
This appeared many times. Gag. Still...the story isn't over yet so I am still reading. Tor was precious, and I was happy to see Lana discover her hidden abilities.
J.W. Ellis
oh I was so eager for Nico's book with all the teasing bits in the other books and this did not fail to please me.

I liked Riki and Nico together, and the scenes with Drake made me eager for the next book.

The introduction of the Jinn was nicely done as well

Great writing and story.
Kate
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book & this world! The hero & heroine were strong people in their in their own right but learned to respect and love each other as time went on. There was action and intrigue that keep me glued to the book! I look forward to reading more in the series! Great book!!
Melanie
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a good book though it seemed a bit rushed compared to the previous ones in the series. I still enjoyed the story and how everything was brought together as well as the not so clear ending to want to read the next book to see what happens to the Kingdom.
Summer
Nov 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
******
If you liked this book you may enjoy the following groups:
Erotic Enchants Group
Menage Readers Group
Polly
Nov 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great Short! The second in the series that I have read. Strong Characters, great leading lady,

We were introduced to the leading man in the story before this one, that's why I bought this one, and, I wasn't disappointed!
Shelley G
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
another great story in the series. loved it. well rounded characters with great twists in the plot. interesting story line and love the way she has tied the lives of the dragons and knights with the mates and ppl of the villages.
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very impressive!

The story seems to become better with each new addition of characters and the plot thickens! I'm glad to see it was worth the price! On to the next in line....
Brie
Mar 14, 2016 rated it liked it
after her sisters story this one just fell a little flat. still a good story but just wasn't up to the previous book
Carmen
Jul 08, 2013 rated it liked it
loved Nico he gave her time to get to know him and love him even though it was a few days. she gave him a chance and trust even though she could have not.
Yessenia Andaverde
May 17, 2016 rated it liked it
I feel this book tries to compete with the previous one: there are a lot of comparations between Lara and Riki, the two FMC. That's what made this story less enjoyable for me. Sorry.
Kimm
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Short read but smoking hot!

• Sophie's Dragon (Supernatural Bonds, #3)
  • Dragon's Rise (Shadow of the Dragon, #3)
  • His Carnal Need (Xylon Warriors, #2)
  • Bitten (Moon Lust, #2)
  • Finding Strength (Finding Strength, #1-2)
  • The Dragon Master (Dragon, #3)
  • The Dragons' Demon (Ethereal Foes, #1)
  • Dragon Blood
  • Dark Prince (Dragon Lords, #3)
  • More than a Bargain (Leashed #2)
  • A Touch of Fae (Witches Knot, #2)
  • Cyborg (Cyberevolution, #4)
  • Warrior
  • Wild Borders (Wild, #4)
  • Whisper Kiss (Dragonfire, #5)
Bianca enjoys mixing her real-world knowledge of science with imaginary worlds in her writing. A former chemist, she tends to mix genres, concentrating most of her writing in the paranormal, sci fi, fantasy and futuristic realms, with some contemporary and urban fantasy thrown in for fun."

Dragon Knights (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Maiden Flight (Dragon Knights, #1)
  • Border Lair (Dragon Knights, #2)
  • The Ice Dragon (Dragon Knights, #3)
  • Firedrake (Dragon Knights, #5)
  • Dragon Storm (Dragon Knights, #6)
  • Keeper of the Flame (Dragon Knights #7)
  • Hidden Dragons (Dragon Knights, #8)
  • Sea Dragon (Dragon Knights, #9; The Sea Captain's Daughter, #1)
  • Dragon Fire (Dragon Knights, #10; The Sea Captain's Daughter, #2)
  • Dragon Mates (Dragon Knights, #11; The Sea Captain's Daughter, #3)