Start by marking “Pair Programming Illuminated” as Want to Read:
Pair Programming Illuminated

Pair Programming Illuminated

-- Written as instruction for pair programming newbies, and practical improvement tips for those experienced with the concept.-- Explores the operational aspects and unique fundamentals of pair programming; information such as furniture set-up, pair rotation, and weeding out bad pairs.

-- Special section enumerates the Seven Habits of Effective Pair Programmers.

At face valu
Published July 8th 2002 by Addison-Wesley Professional (first published February 6th 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Pair Programming Illuminated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pair Programming Illuminated

Sampath Kumar
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: technical
* What is pair programming ?
* Does my team need it ?
* Is the project right for it ?
* Will it improve the quality ?
* Will it delay things and delivery ?
* How tough is it to switch ?
* How to decide the pairs ?

All these questions have been aptly answered in this book. A very detailed introduction to pair programming.

Jamie
Apr 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: technical
This book has a nice mix of instruction, anecdotal examples, and research. It's definitely recommended for those that want to learn more about the practice of pair programming specifically.
Charles
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Despite the mythology associated with software development, very few programmers have ever worked alone. Most of us have worked in teams and even when not working as part of a formal team there were people we shared our coding problems with. In fact, when talking about coding, programmers are a gregarious group. Therefore, the only difference with pair programming is the formalization of the matching, where two programmers are "formally" paired to work on a single task.
The questions concerning t
David
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
The book was very easy to read and provides a straightforward explanation of why you would want to use pair programming. I haven't formally used pair programming in my work environment, but some of my co-workers are considering it. I found the book to be a helpful explanation of some of the benefits and problems associated with pair programming. I also liked some of the real world case studies and experiments that the authors did with their university classes and a few companies.

The one downsid
Evan Leybourn
Oct 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book does a great job of showing how something that seems so easy is actually really hard and then makes it easy again.
Yitzchak
Jan 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book had a lot of background information on pairing, but I did not find the sort of extremely concrete, nuts-and-bolts methodology I was looking for.
Jeff L.